web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:32 AM

Now I’m a hypocrite, see what I mean about projecting.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:33 AM

Tony

See if Bills has bought that Theasurus, maybe you could study togther, two peas in a pod.

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:34 AM

#divide and conquer
    #disrupt and destroy

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:36 AM

Tony

Since day 1 you’ve been aggressive insulted posters and fans, called everybody names and now you want others to be nice to you then you’ll be nice..

Diddums

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:39 AM

OP: Bobby Bee was very strident with his views and explained them over 1000 times. Each in about 1000 words. Always saying it was his money and he did what he wanted and this was his one thing left in life apart from his missus. Then he flipped and he flopped.

He can defend himself if he wants. He will say the same things – my money, my choice.

NOT REALLY: he said he moved back to Newcastle because NUFC were what he had left, his passion, his everything now, He said he would never give it up. In 1000 words 1000 times at least on here. If that is not the definition of a hypocrite then I don’t know what is?

• Veltman

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:42 AM

Op, I think you are making the place very hard to come by.Your accusations towards bills and Tony are ridiculous.
    I don’t know what you are trying to make but you are driving good posters away.If that makes you happy,carry on.
    Interesting to see where you will end up.Atm,you only look like a wum.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:46 AM

Tony thats you. Your a hypocrite.
    Your a hypocrite.
    Play the im bullied card.
    Can i ask out of curiosity how many of you fellow bloggers have i bullied into boycotting.
    Op did i bully you when you turned up to the protest the other day.
    Same question to carltoon.
    Or did you feel like me and think na enough is enough now like ashley muat go.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:47 AM

Veltman

Your welcome to leave.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:49 AM

Genj

I went because I wanted too, I wasnt forced.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:50 AM

Its always the ones that aren’t from the north east or those that aren’t in the north east that have a totally different view to people actually here. In newcastle ground zero.
    If you cant see what rafa done for this city. Not just the club. Then you never will. He united us, it had a feeling of true progress. A safe pair of hands at the club. We were never lashed off anyone. Always init. It actually felt like pre ashley. Even with ashley still at the relm you felt that rafa was fighting for you.
    Thats what rafa meant to me. Hope he brought hope for.a better toon.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:50 AM

Exactly op you went cause you decided it was right too.
    Just like bobby decided it was right too.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM

I think I am the Saint of this blog. I believe I can show people the light and not have them swayed by the pretend alphas who want to cause a boycott and division 3. I am the resurrection, I am the light. Believe in what I say. We will finish 17th.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:53 AM

Rafa points per game NUFC in last 2 years = 1.17

Pards (who I hate) PPG = 1.34

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:57 AM

Genj

When Bobby changed his mind it gave me more respect for the guy.

I’ve had similar injuries and I know how hard and painful it is to get around. His matchday experience must be a challenge and he must be stubborn as funk to keep putting himself through the pain.

With the mindset he must have to keep doing that, actually stopping going to the game must be really hard, really hard.

So I respect his decision I dont see him as a hypocrite I see him as a stalwart who has eventually reached his limit and wants to atleast try and have his voice heard.

The guy doesn’t deserve being attacked every day for no reason.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:59 AM

Hibbit: who am I trying to conquer here. I think Bobbybee has flipped after literally 10s of thousands of words , probably hundred’s of thousands of words explaining the exact opposite of what he is saying now.

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:59 AM

this whole conversation is following a pattern a script if you like, people with an agenda are hard at work here !!!!!!

#divide and conquer
    #disrupt and destroy

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:59 AM

Tony dont want relegation. I would take it if it meant ashley left . But look over my posts in december and you will see i was against it. So thats one crossed off your list.
    Im not trying to be an alpha i am an alpha i will lead. Youve mentioned im the leader of the boycott a few times, trying to provoke a response from me. I see your bait man.
    Well im not im just a fan thats had enough, people like wayaman is the true leader. Hes been doing it alot longer than me. Op hes the true leader hes been doing it alot longer than me.
    We are all the leader, the leader of the charge against ashley. We want the best for our club, ashleys not part of that. Hes had many chances to change his ways and hasnt.
    Ive been part of TMG properly for 3 weeks now, and yes im well involved with it now, and so can anyone else. All it takes is your spare time.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:00 AM

Tony

You and GS are 2 peas in a pod , very green, not very smart I mean .

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:02 AM

OP: Ok. you have never met BobbyB and you are playing the disability card to discredit me. Great. Fantastic. But try something else. It is really pathetic of you.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:04 AM

WTF

Dear or dear

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:04 AM

Totally agree op.
    Reading the blog for years its like a narrative. We dont know each other but we kinda do.
    It was a massive day felt by loads who have subscribed to this blog for years.
    Agree i got more respect for bobby that day. (Has mass respect anyway)
    He didnt even have to explain himself but did.
    As hibbit says this has followed a script and you will notice from certain posters this is how it always conspires.
    Divde and conquer is alive, only if you allow it.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:07 AM

Genj

What’s the plan tonight?

You meeting TMG

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:07 AM

Thats the point i was making a bout you being 50 probably older.
    Your a 50 year old bloke looking for a fight on a nufc football blog.
    Very sad man.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:08 AM

Yeah OP will you be in attendance?

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:12 AM

Wheres it at?

Labour club?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:12 AM

Not the script Hibbit, man:

The script on here is that Ashley is the devil and Rafa was an Angel, even though he took the Chinese lucre.

We have so far only lost one player, who was sort of OK but was a 1 goal very 5 games striker.

Gayle is a better player anyway and we just spent a boatload on Joelinton.

And Hayden is staying.

So we are where we were 2 months ago. We finished 13th but we were much better than that in the second half of the season because Schar was settled and our best player was getting settled. Almiron.

And Pince Rafa had us at 13th. What an achievement!!! Where are you Catchy in Norway?

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:17 AM

Op
    Email is
    genjikai.nufc@gmail.com
    Or message (dm or watever its called)the magpie group twitter ill pick it up.
    I get the feeling you want to get more involved.

• Tramp

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:17 AM

Morning hens,

Good to see we are all getting along this morning.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:18 AM

Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:52 AM

Are you David ike ?
    Don’t get it tony you started of today reasonable and talking football etc i leave for an hour and the blog is in meltdown
    What gives ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:20 AM

Genjikai:

I am 50.

I am not looking for a fight.

But I disagree with the “if you’re not with us you’re against us” credo on here.

I also disagree with Bobbybee who flipped and he flopped after at least 100,000 words saying the opposite on here. “It’s my money and I do what I like with it” is not an excuse after 100,000 pages? saying something else.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:20 AM

Ofd
    Ana it sounds crazy this but this whole boycott has clearly got to ashley.
    His pr is in overdrive on everything trying to shut you down.
    Trust is if you make that aus magpie group like a said and start posting, youll see what a mean.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:22 AM

Tony youve made the whole pack mentality up.
    We are just random people on a blog that happen to agree with each other.
    No pack mentality.
    From my observations i could say there is a pack mentality from the likes of jib,oldgit1,just a fan,munstermag,geordietom. When they all start jumping on the same bandwagon.
    But i dont cause i just think thats jib and his alts and geordietom agreeing with each other.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:23 AM

OFD: I totally disagree with any boycott, It gets me wound up. I think it is totally disruptive when we have a new manager and a new record signing as well as retaining our best players – so far?

I also don’t think Bruce is as bad as people are saying.

A boycott will cause trouble and be a self fulfilling prophesy.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:24 AM

Genj

Just sent a Email

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:25 AM

You may not be looking for a fight tony but you are purposely provoking people in an attempt at a bite.
    Truth be told your just a rubbish troll that doesnt even get a raise out of people.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:26 AM

Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 6:50 AM

Thats what rafa meant to me. Hope he brought hope for.a better toon.

bang on with the above
    A Trust me even from aus i saw the difference he made the atmosphere changed and the simple underlying thing was
    HOPE
    Things wern’t perfect they never are but at least with rafa i felt there was someone operating inside that club again we could trust to do the right thing by us.
    f@ucking hate the way some on here are now trying to rubbish him

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:28 AM

I really fancied a bacon sandwich today but I decided to have a sausage one instead, what a hypocrite I am.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:29 AM

Luckily, Genjikai and NUST and the Magpie Group don’t have a clue what they are doing and so couldn’t disrupt a p!ssup in a brewery, never mind organize one. That’s why there were 18 people outside SD on Northumberland Street. I counted the legs.

And that’s why a few of them will get arrested outside Charnley’s house (pathetic to disrupt someone’s family). What’s the address again Dubious Micky and when will the takeover happen according to your ITKs? And how do you make firebombs?

• Toon222

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:33 AM

Tony is the biggest full of shite blogger on here, comparing pardews ppg to rafas, look at the players pardew had compared to the squad rafa built to get us promoted and was never really strengthened

We’ve only lost 1 player have we, wot about rondon, maybe only a loan but hes gone so thats 2 players and how is perez a 1 in 5 game player, when almiron came in perez got to play as a striker and showed wot he can do when played there, i have no doubt he’d hav scored 15-20 playing as a striker alongside rondon

Ur on here trying to stir things up and u obv know nothing other than looking at stats

BOYCOTT SPORTS DIRECT FOOTBALL CLUB

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:35 AM

Genjikai: not trolling. Expressing a different view about a boycott. I don’t think it will work. I am also so against marching to Charnley’s house it is hard for me to say it. There are a lot of nutters out there and if you give them a target they will eventually find it.