web analytics

Liam Gibson Has Picked Up An Injury In Pre-Season Action At Scarborough

Newcastle left-back Liam Gibson who is on loan at Grimsby Town has picked up a knock in his third game of pre-season action for the Mariners. He started the game but had to be removed after just four minutes due to an injury.

There is no word on how serious the injury is or if Liam was just removed as a precaution.

The Chronicle put out an interview from the Grimsby Telegraph with Gibson this morning. The interview is from last week and was when he had arrived at Grimsby town.

This is what Liam Gibson said about his arrival at Grimsby:

“I can’t wait. I came down on Tuesday and then met the lads the following day, and I feel like I’ve settled in already,” he told Grimsby Live.

“Everyone’s made me feel very welcome, so I’m really pleased to be here.

“I really want to kick on now and forget everything that’s happened in the past. I’m just hoping to get a good few games under my belt this season.

“In the past, I’ve always been worried about my health and whether I’d go downhill again, and worried about being laid up in bed ill.

“Now everything’s sorted, I can just focus fully on my football, and that can only be a positive thing for me, and hopefully I can have a good season with Grimsby.

“Since I left Accrington and went back to Newcastle, I always knew I’d be trying to get back out on loan again.

“I’m glad I’ve managed to get something sorted this summer rather than January as I think it gives you a bit more time to find your feet, rather than going straight in without getting to know the lads, the manager and all the staff.

“I had a good conversation with him, and he showed me round the training ground and stadium.

“He just told me what he expects from me and how I was going to fit into the team, so the talks are very positive, and it confirmed that it was a good decision to move here.

“The manager was saying that he wants to be in and around at least the Play-Offs come the end of the season, and I honestly think that can be achieved.”

Last week Liam completed his first 45 minutes of action in the Lincolnshire Senior Cup at Gainsborough Trinity.

He then made his first start for Grimsby Town in the Mariners’ 1-0 win at home against Doncaster this past Friday. He was able to play for 56 minutes before being replaced.

We hope today’s knock is nothing more than that and is not another setback for the youngster as he has had enough of those already in his short career.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:37 AM

What an ‘orrible piece of work Tony Baloney has turned out to be. Jeezus.

• Toon222

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:39 AM

Tony

Its not ok to disrupt somebodys family but its ok to disrupt a whole city and fanbase, making mugs out of every1 and sit back and smirk about it, hope they cause his family alot of unrest

BOYCOTT SPORTS DIRECT FOOTBALL CLUB

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:41 AM

Tony says theres a lot of nutters out there

🙂

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:42 AM

Haha tony mate honestly you dont know who i am man.
    You dont know my drive.
    You dont know any of us.
    Bit by bit it is building.
    We are growing by the day, becoming more disruptive
    . And you mock but dont know.
    Its not just me as ive stated. Its not just the magpie group its alot more. There is ashleyout group, wor flags, empty for ashley. We have bars and clubs on our side offering an alternative place to support your toon away from ashleys toon with discounted drinks and food. Weve got boat parties set up.
    And you know what’s the best all of these different groups are independent and have all came together as one.
    the london magpie group hit him in the south. We hit him in the north. With all in between.
    Im in contact with mps, journalists.
    And each day when more of you sign up we grow stronger.

• nut meg

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:43 AM

Genjikai@290
    One fine day@316
    Exactly right.. I felt the same here in Thailand.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:43 AM

Genj

Sent you a reply

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:45 AM

Tony the troll going on and on and on at one poster (bobby) about one subject constantly for weeks is trolling. Thats why you are a troll.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:45 AM

JFA: I think you are full of yourself. Same with the other alphas. None of you can even get into a discussion anymore without saying Rafa was a prince and Ashley is the devil.

Pardew Points Per Game = 1.34

Rafa 1.17

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:46 AM

Didn’t Tony got to bed at 1130?

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:47 AM

Btw i e enjoyed reading dubai mickys posts and it gave me unbelievable hope of a take over happening.
    I dont think he was trolling that’s my opinion. Others may think he was. Again their opinion.

• one fine day

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:49 AM

tony
    OFD: I totally disagree with any boycott, It gets me wound up. I think it is totally disruptive when we have a new manager and a new record signing as well as retaining our best players – so far?

I also don’t think Bruce is as bad as people are saying.

A boycott will cause trouble and be a self fulfilling prophesy.

I can totally guarantee that if we go back 5 years on this blog (before the hull game and then before the spurs game we had many saying exactly what you have just come out with .Even Ed himself was against disrupting the matches and feared losing points etc and referred to the Ashley out lot as a mob sometimes .
    wonder how many now just wished we had gone hell for leather back then and just maybe today it could have been a case of lets see what you could’ve won.
    Ashley fears a boycott more than anything else as it damages his brand world wide.just look at the stunts he has pulled to get them called off in the past(he went on live tv saying he was close to selling to get the wolves one called off last year .as far back as 2008 he even wrote his heartfelt open letter saying he was selling and we didn’t need to protest anymore so everyone stopped and while they did he was already targeting every revenue stream we have.
    He says the club can have every penny it generates guess what on this one he is telling the truth it does get every penny ,only bit he is leaving out it actually can generate very little capital other than the sky cash as we have had the worst sponsors (remember wonga were going to spend big on both the training centre and academy/)and the biggest advertiser .. SD pays close to nothing for blanket prime coverage around the ground .the rest is his other subsidiaries such as flannels etc.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:50 AM

Genjikai: I am guessing that you have read this blog for years and know that it is impossible to troll Bobbybee. He will be back with a 3,000 word answer at some point. then another 3,000 words. Then another 3,000 words, repeating what he said the first time. Then saying he is going to boycott contradicting the first 9,000 words. But it is his money…

As he has said over One Hundred Thousand times.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:52 AM

Ofd
    @331
    So true

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:53 AM

Tony i like that about the blog. Some people are short and sweet other like to lay down an essay.
    Its good to see different writing styles and such.
    Keeps me reading.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:55 AM

OP: ended up watching a cooking show, mate.

• Munster Mag

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:56 AM

Genj, i’m not part of any pack mate. I was probably the first to start asking questions about rafa’s tactics subs and defensive football when it was very unpopular to do so. He should still be here but he took a strange job in a poor league. So far i dont see the players in the sort of depression that this blog went into, when he left. Our best passer of the ball is delighted. Id have preferred if he stayed but how the club is run is far more important than rafa benitez. Bruce is clearly having an effect. Either way lets give the man a chance. Some on here are simply not nufc fans.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:57 AM

Genkikai: How is this for short and sweet ….

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM

tony and his cronies are petrified we can come together hence the onslaught
    #divide and conquer
    #disrupt and destroy

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:58 AM

I was going to say f-off but I knew some might take it as serious even though I would mean it as a joke.

• Munster Mag

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:59 AM

Genj, what i do support is balance and some calmness about how we rationalise the club and its administration. We all want ashley gone but the mass hysteria seen on here recently is laughable.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:00 AM

OFD

Good post

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:00 AM

Hibbit: I have cronies? I thought I was very much alone on here amongst the Rafaphiles and the let’s get relegated to force Ashley outers.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM

Pardew = 1.34 at NUFC

Rafa = 1.17 at NUFC

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM

Hibbit@338

Nailed it.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:02 AM

Munster didnt say you were, i said that tony has made the pack mentality up. I pointed out i cud say that you jib and that are a pack. But what i said was there is no pack mentality. We are just random people which happen to have the same views.
    I may disagree with your views. You may with mine.
    My qaulm is not with bruce, and its not against the lads.
    It ashley and only ashley.

• Moonraker15

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:03 AM

SDFC
    You blog name is disconcerting! Could you change it as it looks all too realistic and too near the truth ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:04 AM

Points per game, that is.

• Genjikai

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:07 AM

Munster i agree i just want the toon to be run properly. Not shafted at every opportunity.

• Moonraker15

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:08 AM

This blog is not representative of fans feelings towards Rafa. Other than here, I’ve never heard anyone say anything but GOOD about the man. Some of you are a fckin disgrace after the way Rafa rebuilt our club and wasn’t allowed to make us a great club which was his ambition!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:08 AM

Genjikai: you really think there isn’t a pack on here trying to have their alpha moments? Yeah right. Hiya Tsunki, JFA and Lesh. Where are you Hibbit?

You haven’t been paying attention.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:11 AM

Plain as day the PR engine is going full throttle now

Seriously Toon22 is bang on the money, you can look at this blog and see the Pro-Ashley propaganda absolutely choking it. A nice big bunch of flowers and a box of chocolates and all is well until the next solid beating like all those we’ve had in the last 12 years. Every trick in the book is thrown at us, the fans aren’t actually unhappy “in the real world” they say, but they still feel the need to come here and convince us of that.

Looking at the situation realistically and deciding you aren’t a simpleton mug and you’ve had enough, no more lies, is equated to not caring about the club and not being a supporter at all, just being a “misery” and a “negger”.

Look at the “posters” seeping out of every crack – where have they been while everything was tolerable – they weren’t here because get weren’t needed at the time. Why are they here now? To protect Sports Direct Man. To make us feel unworthy because we question what he has done to the club – shave out it’s insides and present us with a lifeless husk dressed up as a living body.

Useless, selective and meaningless stats. Outright plain lies rewriting history about previous issues, like Benitez leaving us to follow the money when the real story is well documented, Benitez couldn’t trust Ashley because he lied to him continually do he gave up knowing it was going nowhere. The bogus story about Carroll engineering a move out of the club. The constant harping on about past things not being as we understood them clearly at the time. The haranguing, belittling and bullying of anyone suggesting we take measures to stop giving Ashley his money. Ridiculing anyone who suggests positive (not negative actually) action like boycotts as traitors or mackems or not going to games anyway so “who are you…” etc.

You’re not wrong to be cynical of Ashley or his PR, it’s obvious he needs social media on his side because that’s where all the online shirt buyers are. I reckon it will get worse before it gets better.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:12 AM

Rafa took the filthy Chinese lucre. Whether Ashley forced him out is now irrelevant. He is sitting on his giant pile of cash getting a blw job from Rondon as we speak so we have to move on.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:15 AM

Tsunki: I will go head with anything you say. Just keep it short. You bored me sh!tless with last post.

• The Sheik of Araby

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:41 AM

I think with 13,000 people not renewing their seasons tickets, something had to give. The signing of Joelinton is great, but I’m not as excited as I would like to be.

I did some calculations today based on all of the incoming and outgoing transfers since Ashley has owned the club. Including the £40 million signing of Joelinton, there has been a total net spend of around £25 million pound spent. That is just over £2 million net spend each year over the 12 years he has owned the club.

Think of all the matchday revenue that 52,000 fans will accumulate over a season multiplied by 12 years.

Think about the huge amounts of money Ashley receives from the Premier league/TV money.

Think about all of the merchandise and shirt sales that has been sold in 12 years.

Think about the sponsorship money from Virgin, Wonga, FUN 88 and others.

And we still have a ‘debt of around £100 million?

Newcastle United is Mike Ashleys cash cow. Where has all the money gone?!?!?!?!?!

1 7 8 9