web analytics

Luke Edwards Reports Isaac Hayden To Stay At Newcastle

Telegraph reporter Luke Edwards, who has been right about Steve Bruce as well as Joelinton, is reporting that it looks like Isaac Hayden will be staying at Newcastle this year.

Here is the tweet that Luke, who is currently on vacation, has sent out:

This is excellent news as Isaac has become a top player at Newcastle as well as becoming a leader on the team. We had suspected with recent comments that Isaac may be staying at Newcastle.

He recently spoke glowingly of Steve Bruce as well the prospects for the coming season.

This is what Hayden said last Thursday after the pre-season victory against West Ham:

“Everyone was waiting. It’s a big thing for the players, the manager coming in.

“Look, I’ve worked with Steve before. I know the type of manager that he is and the type of man that he is.

“In the circumstances at the club at the minute, I know he can bring togetherness.

“I know what he does on the training field and what style of play he wants to bring in. For us, at this moment in time, it’s a good appointment.”

“I think everyone’s realistic and knows where the club’s at at the minute. We haven’t got superstars in the team that are going to make the difference by themselves like other teams have.

“We’ve been over it with Rafa so many times. It’s well known. We’re a well drilled side. We’ve got players that care, want to do well and improve.

As I said, it’s about working together and sticking together. Hopefully, we’ll get the results needed.”

It certainly sounded, at the time, like Isaac was fully focused on Newcastle United. We hope Luke Edwards is correct and maybe Steve Bruce has had a talk with the player and assured him the club would work with him on his family situation.

• lesh

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Whoaaa Neil, take your foot off the gas for a minute – anyone’s think you’re racing at Ssnta Pod!

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:38 PM

Essex

Not a chance as he was injury prone here as well

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:38 PM

So is Hayden’s family moving to the northeast then? Wasn’t that the main reason cited for him wanting away?

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:39 PM

G2

It’s good for Hayden and us if they do move up here

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:41 PM

Bills

Loving the fiction you’re writing today, you’re quite good at re writing history, have you considered a job in politics?

Ps. As I said yesterday I’m not your dog or one of your family members so I dont understand the beaten remark.

• Ron Knee

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:41 PM

“Ivanka Trump has congratulated Boris Johnson on becoming the next prime minister of “the United Kingston”.

““Congratulations @BorisJohnson? on becoming the next Prime Minister of the United Kingston,” the US president’s daughter wrote on Twitter.” (Independent)

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:42 PM

Our Toon

To copy Bants, I heard you the first time.

And my comment was made in jest as I know we didn’t have a superior treatment centre, on the other hand the state of the art ice baths!!!!!

• ilovetoon8788

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:43 PM

Who is being sold to cover joelinton money on top of perez?

Under Ashley no chance in hell we will be buying more than selling. Atleast we will break even.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:44 PM

So that’s two of the Horsemen Of the Apocalypse now in place!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Just hope that Isaac maintains his good form of last season.

• geordie157

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM

Joelinton at the ground then. Hayden staying would be great news!

Still hoping we can offload colback, elliot, lazaar and gayle. I think Aarons and Saivet could be useful squad players

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:47 PM

Beaten Optimistic Panda Loser says I’m good at re-writing history.

Those on here who insisted the FCB would never sign any player for £30M/£40M…

EVER…

Are going to have to scribble their brains out to rewrite their own history.

Should be an interesting read.

As if.

• Ajs22398

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:48 PM

Bills for someone who supposedly hates Ashley you really seem to enjoy kissing his rear and defending him any chance you get.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:48 PM

Bills Son Is Back,
    ”The club” have so far this summer chased away the best manager we’ve had in a generation and replaced him with a guy with one of the worst all time win percentages the PL has ever seen and quite possibly incurred a hefty fine or sanctions, not to mention the bad feeling it has caused, quite possibly engineered or deliberately thwarted a takeover by wealthy Arabs, either way completely excluding a loyal fan base of any communication in the process. We’ve sold and not kept nearly 70% of our goals from last season while making sure that we sell the most expensive replica shirt in the PL only available at SD which the club will see little or no money of. We are about to announce a signing like every other PL club has done so far and you try and ram that down our throats! You actually make me sick.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Essex

Apologies mate lol, it’s tough to know these days as to who’s having a laugh and who isnt.

Did think it’s a strange thing for you to say haha, silly me

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:49 PM

Bills

I’m off out but I’ll catch up later, before I leave a,bit of advice I’ve offered to jib before.

Don’t drink on a empty head, it does your reasoning no good.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:50 PM

Bill’s son is back,
    Don’t you think that those who said that Mike Ashley is the best owner we’ve had in over fifty years should foot off back under their rock or at least apologise and say they were wrong!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:52 PM

I would guess that one of the reasons for Hayden staying is the fee we want for him.

He’s young, English and has had a very good end to the season in his best position.

He’s a £20M+ player in today’s market and I think that might have scared off the mid table teams who might have been interested.

I wouldn’t be surprised either if he’s been offered a new contract and a canny wage increase if he stays.

He also might be thinking he’s got more of a chance f staying in the first team with Bruce here than Rafa.

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:52 PM

Bills

Quick one must dash.

You conceded my point, admitting I was right.

I’m beaten and your the winner.

You wonder why I call you deluded or say you rewrite history.

Read that several times, I’ll be back in a few hours, you may have absorbed it by then but I doubt it.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:53 PM

I honestly dont get it, ashley apparently a good business man. Well not apparently he obviously is as he’s a success story in the business world and has built a good empire for himself and his kids.

Yes there were reports that Rafa would be backed this summer if he stayed, yes they had differences in terms of facilities etc. Why on earth back McClaren and bruce though and not rafa with such funds?

That is the behaviour of a complete novice in business. Beyond belief, bruce is gonna be backed big time compared to what we normally spend, to bring back punters, to shut up protesters, and to ensure they dont look like idiots for choosing him to start with.

That’s my thoughts on it

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:56 PM

Bills- As much as I am pleased we have finally splashed the cash and gone out and bought Joelington, he’ll probably sell Longstaff to Man Ure and weaken the team again. AshLie really does love to shoot himself in the foot ya know. Hoping he proves me wrong, won’t hold my breath though.

What I would love after Joelington is for us to offload our deadwood players like Colback, Aarons, Elliot, Saivet, Murphy (Atsu) and go out and buy Saint Maximin or Ryan Fraser, a LB like Philip Max and a second striker like Austin or Shane Long.

That would keep me on board and very interested in NUFC again.

• Mindshaft

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:57 PM

Bills – huh – he was a regular under Rafa once he got into the side – more likely he’ll lose his place to Colback under Bruce

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:00 PM

”He also might be thinking he’s got more of a chance f staying in the first team with Bruce here than Rafa’
    Is that because Rafa was constantly striving to improve and Brucey isn’t?

• Just a fan

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Mr tuff has found another multiple for jib .lol how many is that.
    The man is incredible how does he do it.
    Has he got friends in Interpol.
    Or has he escaped out of his straight jacket at saint George’s.

• lesh

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Our Toon

Ivanka’ll be congratulating Boris Trump so he knows his place in the pecking order. Meanwhile, The Donald’ll be salivating at the prospect of bargains to be had, the NHS, government contracts and the amount of crap the US’ll be able to sell into the British food chain..

And more worryingly, Johnson’ll have the codes for the nuclear buttons – he the apparent oaf who’s suckered a lot of Brits.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Jail,

I wish you would foot off and read the times I’ve said I was wrong.

I’m sick to footin death of you going on, and on, and on, and on about the same old news.

Was this you on the left singing?

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:01 PM

Longstaff is a talent, a prospect who we’ve seen 3months of. If someone offers 50m I’d honestly take it, I might even take 40m with sell on % added to fee.

It’s as though he’s magically become some kind of world class player, I will add though I’d only be happy if the money was spent to strengthen the rest of the squad. That is the disclaimer with us under Ashley as that never happens

Plenty of teams sell young prospects to better themselves for the here and now and to better themselves in more than 1 position, we are no different. Hoffenheim being prime example in this case

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:03 PM

Lesh

That’s what I’m dreading tbf, the NHS is what trump wants and that’s why we are at the front of the queue apparently for trade deals, even though his motto is america first!! Honestly either people are just thick or the world has gone mad!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:05 PM

JP,

Agree.

Rafa has left a very decent squad of defenders and midfielders and if we get the new strikers right, especially if they have pace, I think we could surprise a few this season.

I’ll be the first to scream if Ashley just balances the books or we only have a net spend of £20M ish.

The net spend needs to be at least double that.

• Rob1971

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:07 PM

This tweet sums up the feeling perfectly about the club at the moment:

StripedBeats
    ?

@BeatsStriped
    2h2 hours ago
    Never thought I’d see the day where Mike Ashley pays £30m+ for a striker, and I’m sat here not even bothered because its simply putting a plaster over a stab wound #nufc

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:07 PM

I guess the main difference is that other clubs use the sale money properly Our Toon. Hoffenheim will probably go out and spend to get several decent players. We won’t. If Joelinton is actually signed he’s here for one reason only, his sell-on value. There is no effective football plan in place at NUFC and never will be under Ashley. I agree with Our Toon, moving his family would be a good sign from Hayden.

• Tinman

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:07 PM

OurToon,

I’d probably tend to agree. He didn’t play very many games lets be honest

• Tinman

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:08 PM

GeordieTwo, 100% mate.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:08 PM

JP

I’d take a punt on Carroll, Sturridge or welbeck but only on a pay as fit deal. If injured you get nothing, if not match fit etc you get no wages. Surely Ashley likes that type of deal. They may ask for stupid amount of money in wages though

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:10 PM

There are clear signs that a good fraction of the American populace have gone mad Our Toon. Watch any of the footage from Trump rallies and you will see it first hand. They look to be headed back to the worst days of racism and possibly even fascism. I’m very disappointed to see BoJo win. I think he’ll be a disaster for you as Trump is for the States.

• giimps

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Our toon, Maybe the slug didn’t like Rafa holding all the cards, as well as the adulation of most of the fans?
    Rafa called his bluff, was never going to agree to the terms offered and the slug knew this, that’s why the club released the statement before the final day of his contract…….it was the only way to deflect the wrath away from the imbeciles “running” the club or rather ruining the club.
    Giving Bruce the job saves him money (at least that’s what he was hoping, the prem might disagree as well as Shef Wed, his buy cheap sell high model has worked (financially) in the past with a few players , enough so that it makes up for the Lazaar s and Looserloos etc…..Joelinton, while untested in the premier league is akin to PEA who got away, as did Lacazette…..speculate to accumulate is not a model he has subscribed to, I’m hoping there is still movement in the ownership challenge as it would explain this slight change of modus operendi …….hopefully

• SwissSte

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:11 PM

Agreed G2. Dark times everywhere.

• Tinman

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:11 PM

These fantastic defenders we have will soon buckle without the tutelage of Rafa, I’m almost sure of it.

I was not Rafa’s biggest fan (in terms of the football we played but obviously i know he was hamstrung so options were limited…but not getting into that now), but one thing Rafa did was he had the team superbly organised. The midfield and defence worked together brilliantly, filling in gaps seamlessly limiting the oppositions space.

It won’t happen under Bruce.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:11 PM

G2

We will always be a stepping stone and more so now under Ashley than previously tbf. I’ve no issues with players or managers seeing us as that because it shows ambition which we cant match. In Brazil ote been mentioned this is a very good move for joelinton as he can now challenge for the no9 spot for national team…….which is interesting

That’s my gripe aswell, it’s a model that can work as southampton have proven to an extent, but it needs to be reinvested, we dont do that which is why we’ve been in the mire under Ashley

• giimps

Jul 23, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Pity it wasn’t the slugs stab wound