web analytics

Newcastle Set To Announce New Striker Joelinton From Hoffenheim

Newcastle United have released a teaser of their new record signing Joelinton from Hoffenheim. This ends a week of speculation about the player’s imminent arrival to Newcastle.

Here is the teaser of pending the arrival of the Brazilian forward.

This is a big move for Newcastle who have finally had an incoming this transfer window. Newcastle are desperately short of quality upfront and have had four players leave the first team this summer.

Salomon Rondon, our player of the year, was not brought in on a permanent deal and has since joined Rafa Benitez at Chinese club Dalian Yifang.

Our leading scorer from a year ago Ayoze Perez joined Leicester City in a £30m move a few weeks ago while back-up striker Joselu also left for just over £2m to Alaves last week.

They join Mohamed Diame whose contract was not renewed and left on a free to Qatari club Al Ahli.

Joelinton comes with a lot of fanfare mainly over the fee that he has commanded. He is not really a direct replacement for either Rondon or Perez as he is kind of a hybrid between the two.

Newcastle will need to add another striker and wide forward in the coming weeks. They may also look at free agents with Andy Carroll, Danny Welbeck, and Charlie Austin all being linked over the past week.

We would expect that any free agent brought in would be in addition to another forward addition.

We are delighted to have Joelinton at Newcastle where hopefully he can integrate quickly into the squad and be a force this coming season.

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:22 PM

This is like the worst ‘teaser’ in the World – we’ve all seen photos of him at SJP already.

Even when Ashley’s NUFC try to do something cool and different, they just get it wrong!

Announce him already! Put us out of (a portion of) our misery!

😀

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:26 PM

Bills son

What’s all this about calling OP ..beaten..? Give it a bloody rest man. Childish.

Very Droll and so so boring ..its going on each time I visit the blog .

And while I’m here STOP slipping the odd line in that’s made up propaganda and actually ‘re writing history ..on occasions you trot out the same line and your hoping it sticks with the younger fraternity here and becomes truth and legend.

It’s sickening for those that know the real skinny and your twisting each story in favour of Ashley .
    Who do you think your fooling ?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:30 PM

OLG,
    For the good of the blog I hope Joe Sophistication doesn’t turn up asking for hearts to slam Bill’s son is back, as much as I can’t stand the footer the comments count don’t and half go up when he’s back posting.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Saying that mind I wouldn’t be too bothered if he disappeared for another three years, in fact Bill’s could you?

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Rob

I’m not fussed on Joelinton because I’m not fussed on Mike Ashley not selling up …its still going to be austerity football and make sure we don’t spend nowt by the selling of good players to make it look like Ashley is spending big money ..he will want it all back .it’s a loose loose situation as ever .

You could say I’m fussing sick.

Ashley the Con man ..nothings going to change .

• Toonces

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Wouldn’t surprise me at all to learn that there were a few players in the first team squad, if not the regular match day performers, that didn’t get on with the incumbent manager, in our case Rafa, and are happy to see a new manager come in.

Hayden could have been one of them. I would guess Shelvey could be another. Now that Rafa is gone they see a fresh start and maybe Hayden feels better about staying as a result.

• Our Toon

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Shame the blog harmony and good nature of yesterday has gone, but of good news in an otherwise glum Ashley reign that we’ve now broken the transfer record in last 2 signings

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Our Toon,
    You came on here slating the manager with every opportunity you had, who are you to talk about blog harmony?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:42 PM

So Al de Pfeffel takes over from Theresa May tomorrow? I’m sure the Europeans will be thrilled. When they stop laughing that is….

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:42 PM

Jail

Last thing I read from Joe he took Bills son to task as he stated that Bills son’s tack had changed from moderate to outright support of Ashley ..and disowned him like an errant child.

Don’t think he likes him and his ill hidden support of Ashley .

Bills son contradicts himself constantly .

The worst thing about him is his manipulative ‘re writing of the truth .

Grey.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:42 PM

I just can’t see Bruce having any influence whatsoever on Hayden, if what Luke Edwards says is true…

For me there’s something else in it. That and the big fee for Joleinton, not forgetting almiron, plus the players now being linked again for big £££’s.

Can’t be Fatty’s money here, unless he’s being instructed to buy. But by who?

• bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Has the SD advertising gone up at SJP? Preferably in flames.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Any player who gets benched is going to be somewhat unhappy with the manager. It doesn’t mean there was some huge split in the squad over Rafa. He kept us up with minimal investment. That’s what I’ll remember. And he did many good things for the community. How anyone could be unhappy with him for his stay with us is beyond me.

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:44 PM

Has Fatty, Charnlie, or any of the tits associated with us been snapped at the ground recently? Just curious.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:45 PM

OLG,
    You do know I don’t believe in Joe Sophistication, don’t you???

• bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Some posters tell the same lies over and over to make it the truth.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Did we borrow the money for Joelinton as we did for Miggy? What was that all about? Was Mikey waiting for his TV payment and it was delayed in the mail? We have one of the strangest owners ever and I wouldn’t put anything past him.

• jon

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:46 PM

In not an itk, but I was talking to a bloke in the pub last night……….

Prove it, prove it, prove it……ffs

And time for a pre sale celebratory pint.

🙂

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:46 PM

Robleenio,

Seriously,

You are starting to come across as a decent guy.

I can honestly say that my posts and views on NUFC in general are not done with the intention of winding people up.

But… I wind up people who are hellbent on winding me up. That’s a fact.

At one time I thought Ashley’s way of running the club, ie., not spending what we can’t afford was the right way to keep the club stable, keep us in the Prem and form a platform on which to go forward.

We’ve seen what has happened at QPR, Blackburn, Leeds and Sunderland where owners have chucked good money after bad and really fcked things up good and proper for the fans.

However, I stopped supporting Ashley nearly 5 years ago.

Negative spend and hiring useless managers like Carver and McClaren was the last straw.

But… it will never stop me going to games and supporting the team.

And… whilst Ashley is a proven liar in court… and has lost all interest in the club other than Prem survival and as an SD advertising vehicle… he, IMO, is not nearly as stupid, uncaring of the investment he has made and hell bent on winding us up and fcking this club up for us fans as some of the extremists would have as believe.

I’m convinced he wants to sell, but as a hard nosed business man he is going to factor in the SD advertising he gets into the price and he wants that plus his investment and a profit back in return.

We might not like that, but that is the reality and IMO nothing we fans do or say will change that.

The massive money coming in now from Sky together with rocketing transfer fees is making Prem clubs ever more attractive to investors and billionaires alike and, if the pound falls on a no deal Brexit, relatively cheaper too to foreign buyers.

The more Ashley controls wages and the less debt that needs to be covered by buyers the more likely he is to get the price he wants.

That’s why he wouldn’t give Rafa the control he wanted – he aint having a manager who could up and leave at anytime throwing a curved ball into his plan. No way would Rafa accept paying up his own contract again if he left.

As I said earlier…

If Ashley authorises a net spend of c£40M or more this window I’ll forget about him and get on purely with supporting the team.

If he sells to break even this window or the net spend is £20M or less I’ll be screaming for his head.

• jon

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:48 PM

I am not lieing, I WAS talking to a bloke in the pub!

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Bills

You remind me of a 8yr old child.

Take responsibility for your lies and BS.

Grow a set of balls.

• ToonMatt

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:49 PM

Toonboi4EVA, Someone took a photo of Penfold with cabbage heed inside the ground, I think it was taken today.

• jon

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:50 PM

He told me stuff.

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Jail

I’m not sure but if you say so ..in fact at one time I got the impression you thought Joe was me!

Don’t hold grudges Jail ..you will feel free and uplifted.

Saying that ..your free to hold a grudge with the charleton Bills son.

• lochinvar

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:51 PM

The Home page of the Clubs official web is now pushing the new strip….no news on JoeLinton ?

and the strips have £5 reduction……

• Markaccus

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:51 PM

MsiDouglas described NUFC as a privileged club.
    Utter buffoon

• hibbit

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:52 PM

it can happen at any club with any manager some players will be unhappy for any one of a 100 reasons,
    do you think it ever bothered SAF who he upset or didn’t !!!!!!!!!!

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Charlatan .

• Lindisfarne

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:53 PM

jon #18
    Was he asking where the bog was?!!

• Online Guy

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:53 PM

Luke Edwards is a dodge pot and needs watching.

Heads up for all there..

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:54 PM

Toonmatt, Cheers…… ffsake!

Was hoping for other things, slightly. Glad I asked before saying what I was thinking though.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Robleenio @1 – it is just another example of how poorly the club is run. They certainly have the ability to cockup even the most simple things. No wonder we are in such dire straights and a laughing stock.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:58 PM

correction “dire straits”.

• toon22

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Bills is PR

Hiya

• Swlabr

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Hang on Jon, I was talking to a bloke in the pub last night too, This is getting spooky!!

• optimistic prime

Jul 23, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Bill’s has came on here for weeks with the mission of causing arguments with loads of different bloggers over the weeks with no catalyst.

So he cries people winding him up, more lies from billy bullshit.

He posted and I disagreed with part and said it was incorrect which he conceded after 4 days, yet he calls me beaten every day without me engaging him.

He’s full of shit, knows he’s wrong and is crying wolf instead of holding his hands up.

• Swlabr

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:01 PM

Jon, strange thing is, he was talking about things, not stuff,

• jonnyshaw85

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:03 PM

JoelinTOON

• jonnyshaw85

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:03 PM

I say again JoelinTOON

• jon

Jul 23, 2019 at 6:04 PM

He was talking about stuffing stuff.

;-p