web analytics

Premier Club Plot Renewed £30m Bid For Newcastle United Player

The Mirror’s Simon Mullock is reporting that Manchester United are going to test Newcastle United’s resolve with a £30m for Sean Longstaff.

The report states that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has now made Sean Longstaff a priority for the Red Devils as he is hoping to build his team around the best young English players.

Manchester United are in the process of buying central defender Harry Maguire from Leicester City for a reported £80m and last month brought in right-back Aaron Wan-Bissaka from Crystal Palace for £50m.

Matty and Sean– a future midfield duo

Newcastle United are unlikely to accept the bid at £30m as they have set the Wan-Bissaka fee as the benchmark for Longstaff.

The report also states that executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has stayed behind in Manchester to get the deals completed. Manchester United are currently on their pre-season tour of Australia and Asia.

We don’t think there is too much in this report as on Saturday, Sean looked just delighted to be playing for Newcastle. He seems to really like Steve Bruce and will also be harboring ambitions of partnering with his brother Matty in the Newcastle midfield.

• count

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:09 PM

SHlTE

• jonnyshaw85

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:09 PM

Joelintoon

• count

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM

Finally a misspelling that works!

• Sad Frog II

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:16 PM

Bill Clinton, bye bye Sean. Ashley yes! Very good, very good you fck…

• geordiemark

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:16 PM

30 million get his right leg, 60 million would get his left leg, 250 million would get the whole player so do us a favour man shite ……………….. p-ssssssssssss o-fffffffffffffffffffff and try your luck at other clubs star players

• count

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:17 PM

SHITE

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Well Sky Sports reckon the fee for Joelinton is £30M so the “Owner” is quids in. Just spent the Perez money but still needs to replace Perez.

• toon kk

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:26 PM

We need more players in first we still have a weaker squad that last season without letting Longstaff go. Money talks to ASH though.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:29 PM

Toon KK too true mate. My fear is the crown jewels will be sold last week or even last day of the window. Longstaff, Dubravka, Schar and maybe even Lascelles. Why are we looking at a CB for £30M who can’t even get a regular spot in Burnley’s first team?

• magpie6699

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:29 PM

We don’t have to sell him and if he doesn’t want to leave??

• Toonboi4EVA

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:31 PM

Nothing more than the papers making crap up as usual

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:32 PM

Magpie669 but he’s only like shipload of trainers or cheap track bottoms to Ashlie. He’s a commodity sadly.

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:34 PM

Hang on, has that gone from 30 – 40 million on Sky sports?

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:34 PM

Comment 1 . Fake News Eh? Well NUFC is certainly the place for that. Hope you are right but this is a sale we are talking about not a fantasy purchase

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:35 PM

wartongeordie, KBA = Keith Bishop Agencies, the PR firm that was majority owned by Mike Ashley and was founded by Ashley’s buddy Keith Bishop.

Funny that he’s found the cash to buy Ashley out of the firm now. Wonder where he got that from? Couldn’t have been all that consultancy money he got from NUFC, was it?

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:35 PM

My last Response was to Comment 11 not 1

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:39 PM

We’ve never sold one top player in the last 12 years who didn’t want to go.

The only reason Carroll was sold for £35M was because we turned down bids of £15M and £20M from Spurs and £25M and £30M from Lpool.

Lpool were then ttold £35M in cash or no deal and part of that was because Carroll was desperate to get the £80K a week from Lpool and hung around SJP with his agent all day on on the last day of the transfer window.

Pardew and Llambias wanted to sell at £25M but Ashley refused and said he wasn’t going anywhere. He then refused £30M and gave in to Pardew and Llambias for £35M cash which Lpool got as part of the £50M sale of Torres to Chelsea.

I got this info from Tiote’s agent who I knew quite well and he had no reason to spin a tale.

Just about every single player in the world has a price that can’t be turned down.

£50M for a young player with 9 Prem games in his locker might be a price for Longstaff.

I defo don’t want him to go, but everyone thought AC was going to be a world beater, but he wasn’t, and both Lpool and WH got burnt.

If Ashley sold Longstaff against his wishes just to balance the books that would be cause for uproar and I’d be first in the queue.

• Rob1971

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Well that will be the Perez money spent on Joelinton, we are still a striker short now from last season with Rondon away

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Toon KK – you’ve got to remember that we have : Jacob Murphy, Dwight Gayle,Rolando Aarons, Jack Colback & Lazaar all back from loan spells and they’ll be like new signings to us. HA, Ha , Ha

• RobLeenio

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM

Quotes from Andy Carroll about how and why his move to Liverpool came about

“I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I’ve done and progress I’ve made.

“I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave.

“The players, staff and fans were fantastic.”

• Rob1971

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:43 PM

Bills-Son that depends on who you believe on Carroll, the player himself said in the Gaurdian he did not want to leave and was forced out:

“Derek [Llambias, Newcastle’s managing director] asked me to hand in a transfer request, so I was pushed into a corner and had no choice,” Carroll said. “I wasn’t wanted by them and they made it clear they wanted the money.

“Then I flew down in [owner Mike Ashley’s] helicopter. I didn’t want to leave. I’m gutted that I wasn’t wanted at my home team after everything I have done and the progress I have made.

“I didn’t want to leave at all. Make sure they know I didn’t want to leave. The players, staff and fans were fantastic.”

Carroll’s comments back up the content of texts he sent to friend and editor of the Toon Talk fanzine, Steve Wraith, as the transfer saga unfolded last night.

• West Lancs Geordie

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:44 PM

But ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££ before a greedy man (with no ambition) ‘s eyes can be a real deal maker.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:46 PM

bills – your “memory” of the Carroll sale is just totally totally wrong.
    No intentions of wasting my time putting you right on this. Check it out yourself.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:47 PM

I see Rob1971 has interjected on the Caroll issue.

• Markaccus

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Those players wanted to go, because they were told when they signed they’d be moved on to better clubs. The likes of cabaye, Sissoko and Wijnaldum would not have signed in the first place had they not been assured of a move down the line. Its been one of the biggest problems with Ashley’s reign.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Aye the whole AC business was very smelly. I’d be happy to see him back even if he could only manage half a season.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:52 PM

Bants

Thank you for your well constructed criticism, I shan’t try harder in future.

Oh and by the way I do have the whole of series 1 of the MA/4iiiis saved if you are interested and I will happily repost it in full if the demand is there.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 2:59 PM

AC had only just got a new £30K contract and wanted a massive pay rise to stay.

That request was turned down.

AC, for the benefit, of the fans turned that round to say he wanted to stay but the club didn’t want him.

Like it not, that is probably far nearer the truth.

• hibbit

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Bills Son Is Back
    your making it up as you go a long rewriting history to suite your own agenda, Carroll was push out the door straight on to Ashley’s helicopter which has been well documented by several news sources,

“I got this info from Tiote’s agent who I knew quite well” now who’s playing ITK card ?????

• hibbit

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:05 PM

Bills Son Is Back

“Like it not, that is probably far nearer the truth”
    so as always you just except Ashley’s PR bullshit as gospel !!!!!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:07 PM

And, I said earlier that Pardew and Llambias wanted to sell at £25M.

If AC got whiff of that he is entitled to feel the club didn’t want him – I get that.

My point is Ashley refused to sell at that price and Tiote’s agent told me he didn’t want to sell at all.

That £25M bid was easily the equivalent of £75M now and, again, AC was entitled to ask for wage increase but the club were also entitled to stick to the contract he’d signed about three months earlier.

When they refused, he said he wanted to go and that’s when Llambias asked him to put a transfer request in.

Again, I’m only relating what I was told and whilst AC might have stayed for £70K/£80K a week he wasn’t staying for £30K.

Take your pick how you want to read the situation.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:15 PM

hibbit,

Give up man.

It was Tiote’s agent not Ashley.

Agents talk to each other all the time because they do business together and tout each other’s players .

I can also relate now that Chelsea and Spurs wanted Tiote after his first season and were told he wasn’t for sale but from memory I think Chelsea offered £15M and were turned down flat.

• Bedford Mag

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:17 PM

Liverpool bought a Brazilian from Hoffenheim in 2015 for £29m which was a gamble but not unlike them to spend big on mere prospects. That kid was Roberto Firminio and he’s easily worth double that now. The same won’t happen with Joelinton as he’s coming into a weak af team but here’s hoping ??

• lesh

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:18 PM

The caption for the Joelinton at SJP could’ve read:

‘It’s a pity your over twenty years too late: You could’ve been joining a club that played exciting football with the best and under Keegan or Bobby Robson. You could’ve been playing in Europe cheered on by passionate fans.

‘But now, you’re signing up to a club that’s been choked by a greedy owner who’s let one of the world’s best coaches go and brought in a less than adequate replacement who’ll put you in the shop window with a view to selling you for a profit. You’re an item son, not a human being’

• beefman13

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:37 PM

Get yourself away Sean, look after yourself son. F in shambles at this club, Steve Bruce FFS.

• IrishRob

Jul 23, 2019 at 3:45 PM

Bill’s son i actually believe you this once and think you’re probably not far off the mark. I wanted to stay and was asked to hand in a transfer request I’d tell them to píss off, that whole tell them I didnt want to go and they didn’t want me is a complete PR spin if you ask me. And not one person here would stay at Newcastle on 30k when they could get 80k at a bigger club, hometown club or not.

Logically this is one time I agree completely with you bills. Because if Carroll wanted to really stay there is no way they’d be able to get rid of him. And if he did leave for money I don’t blame him at all, how could you, a young man offered nearly triple his pay at an even bigger club.