web analytics

Almiron Back At Training – Club Tweets First Pictures Of Joelinton With Squad

Miguel Almiron has returned back to Newcastle after an extended break following international duty with Paraguay at the Copa America tournament. It is great to see Miguel back at Newcastle as he also joins new number nine Joelinton who also took training with the team for the first time.

The club has tweeted out a link to about 45 pictures of the lads training today in what looks to be a light-hearted atmosphere.

The club are working hard at getting some more fresh faces in this week. They reportedly are working hard on getting in Nice’s forward Allan Saint-Maximin.

They have had an initial bid of €16m rejected as Nice want €20m for the Frenchman. Let’s hope they can make further progress over the next day and get a second attacker in the door this window.

There were also some Mike Ashley sightings at the training ground today. He reportedly had a meeting with head coach Steve Bruce.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:15 PM

That Joelinton looks like a big lad.

I hope he doesn’t like this weather to much.

Hes on SSN now

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:17 PM

Welcome back young man, I’m expecting big things from him this season and I’m also expecting it to be his last season with us aswell unfortunately.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Jow elington

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:23 PM

Our Toon

Let’s hope it’s at least a full season! 🙂

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:24 PM

Our Toon. Yeah I think so too mate.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:24 PM

If I’d knew the slug was coming we could have ordered a SAM from the dark web.

Joke, incase anyone was in doubt

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM

Essex – you’re making the idea of cherry-picking comments sound like a bad thing, on the contrary it often reveals a lot when someone makes a hasty throwaway remark – read my earlier response where my point was that the joke actually revealed his underlying view that it didn’t matter who the owner was he would go, no matter what the owner was capable of. that was the inference. My leg-pull reponse was that we should all have limits. Evidently it soared like a bird overhead.

I think its more than ironic that you are cherry picking my comments but not very accurately.

And how you think catchy was a relevant poster is hard to comprehend. I’m all for free speech but not madness.

• AshLIE is a Joker

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:25 PM

Fat man has come up to kick off about signing off 40 million. It was a typo, he was meant to offer 4 million.

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM

Would be great for cricket if Ireland went on and won this test match

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM

careful optimistic, you’ll get swatted for that 🙂

• swemag

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:26 PM

So who is buying Almiron, when and at what price?

My tip ?
    Who: Real Madrid
    When: Next summer
    Amount: 65 million pounds

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:27 PM

Essex

Yes hopefully it is a full one, hammys can be issue especially for someone who plays the game like he does. I just hope he keeps em warm especially during the colder months

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:28 PM

Tin man

Yep let’s enjoy him whilst he’s here, I’m looking forward to seeing him this season

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:28 PM

and Essex. the bit about me reciting nursery rhymes was not lost on me. I get it you find me irritating, join the queue it goes down past the bus stop and left at poundland. 🙂

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:29 PM

You don’t have to worry about Joelinton getting used to our British winters, he’ll have a good six weeks to acclimatise.

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM

Swemag

Possibly a real madrid bit with hazard now it’ll be tough to see where he fits for them.

I was thinking maybe a spurs, arsenal, man utd but either way I’m going to enjoy him whilst he’s here.

We could always get bought out b4 that though…..haha yeah right!!

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:31 PM

feel sorry for Joelinton. Any other window he’d be a top draw. Considering the money paid for him a lot will be expected. I hope he does well though, none of this is his fault. Just a shame he came here at this point.

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Tsunki, I can imagine it’s fairly chilly during the Austrian winter too

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Jail

You about?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:37 PM

Tsunki

I don’t find you irritating, not all of the time anyway, I did say I found your comments in the main erudite and sensible and yes I suppose we all to an extent cherry pick comments but what I rail against is where many people will take part of a comment and use it as a blog weapon and often totally out of context with the gist of the comment.

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:39 PM

I just wonder how so many of you seem to have so much time to post on here and police the blog in general, reading every single comment.

Speaks volumes for the hard work of Ed and family 🙂

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:42 PM

Question to Ed, every other blog with this kind of following that I know of has moderators in some shape or form. But really do think this blog could do with it.

It’s more of a chat room / forum, we don’t come here for any news exclusives. If the comments section isn’t improved the blog will surely pitter out and die

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Tinman

I started watching the game and had to go out when we were 4 down, couldn’t believe it when I got back to see Ireland batting.

Still I suppose that’s what happens when a big team expects to just turn up to and win.

Bet Munster is having a laarf.

• Diddly

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:46 PM

Re Rondon. He has been replaced with Gayle. Both loans. Can people not see that. If Gayle is sold then needs replacing.

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:46 PM

EGB, half the key players have been rested but they will would have expected to win easy. Might give them a good shock before the ashes

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:47 PM

Hello, hello, hello, someone mention blog policing, well for my part I’m retired and it’s too hot to do anything useful. 🙂

• geordietom

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Duke Elington …

• barkel

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Just when you are talking cricket, is that the same team that won the world cup a couple weeks back?

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Tin man

For me the blog used to be a really good place for fans to express an opinion, sensible debating about on pitch matters and sometimes off pitch matters.

Unfortunately clicks have appeared on here and sometimes comments and constant badgering of others borders on bullying for me.

I’ve had plenty of disagreements with the likes of Bobby bee for example, but I also have alot of respect for him because of his stance and because of his love for the club. I personally think Munster is one of those who gets bullied no matter what he says or types, catchy is another.

Jib sometimes puts his foot in it with some questionable comments that have bordered on racist but I hold no ill will toward anyone on here, that include jail who I seem to have more run ins with than anyone else as I refused to believe rafa could do no wrong, same for sports direct fc who I had a little tiff with last night.

I can hold my hand up and say before my break away i could from time to time get involved in some daft arguments with people on here, and I have been petty on issues previously. I took a break away and have decided to come back and try to be a little more patient with fellow fans that have differing views and try to understand there point of views rather than just hammer home my stance.

Bottom line none of us right, we just have an opinion, but the only way to improve is to make sensible points about why we feel the way we do and if we still disagree then it’s best to just ignore each other and find common ground on other matters for the sake of harmony on the blog.

Apologies for the rant but it’s a much nicer place and healthier when everyone is more understanding without making it personal!!

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:53 PM

The blog should govern itself if we communicated with each other like we would if face to face

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Tonight I am in Croatia on the Island of Korchula, unfortunately it’s part of an RPG game with a bunch of friends not for real. 😉

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Barkel

Best to get this type of performance out of the way before the ashes. Shocking to see but ot cant get any worse and maybe the kick up the backside some needed in the team for england

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Our Toon

Well said, that’s more or less what I’ve been saying!

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 4:58 PM

Bit concerned recently about the reports of Germans wandering abroad in the UK, with the latest report saying they are accompanied by Alsations.

What are these devils doing here. Are they sleepers to “awaken” post Brexit in order to attack citizens. Are they more recent perhaps and here to attack Toons fans?

I was sufficiently alarmed and grabbed my binoculars and headed down to a nearby dog park. Well what do you know spotted one of em straight away with a big Alsation, as I approached to unmask him I noted he had blonde hair under his trilby hat and had a square jutting jaw. I silently approached and suddenly shouted
    loudly ” Guten tag Fritz”. He did not react. Bit disappointed as the Victor comic suggested this approach would result in them politely replying to my greeting in German thus outing themselves.

Then I spotted another – same thing big Alsation/trilby hat. I adopted a similar approach and shouted “Hande hoch Fritz”. No reaction. I returned home disappointed.

A short time later I thought what about the German sausage dogs, Dachshunds I think they are called. Couple of grannies who live nearby have them.

Straight onto Google researching the breed and was alarmed at what I found – these mutts were originally bred for hunting badgers. Badgers have black and white striped heads.. Toons fans wear black and white striped tops. Eureka a sinister plot discovered. Sausage dogs attacking Toon fans. Been up to the local blacksmiths and bought a pitchfork. Those grannies up the street had better watch it.

Blog Hun Hunter thanks for bringing this to our attention.

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:00 PM

Your opinion, is simply that, your opinion. It isnt fact, it may be right, it may be wrong but either way it is just an opinion. We all have them (mine are mostly right by the way). If we respected each others right to express their opinions and the right to debate and debunk them, this place would be nicer but would it be as interesting?? Just a thought.

• geordietom

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:01 PM

so if we get moderators . who gets to pick them ? … but then who moderates the moderators …

i dont think we need them imo…

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Our toon, nobody will ever comment on the internet like they would face to face. It’s a good and bad thing. Gives those who would usually stay quieter a chance to have a voice but allows twerps who enjoy attention to come and play their games.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:01 PM

Mr Tuff

thanks for the heads up, I shall be on my guard and vigilant.

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:02 PM

lads its test match, lets see what happens in the second innings, still a lot of cricket to be played here, before we right them off 😀

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 5:04 PM

geordietom

Indeed, who watches the watchmen!