web analytics

Newcastle’s Initial Bid For Allan Saint-Maximin Has Been Rejected

Get French Football News have just tweeted a link to a report that Newcastle have had a €16m bid rejected for Nice winger Allan Saint-Maximin.

The news comes from French outlet RMC who report that OGC Nice want €20m. Newcastle have been known to go in with low offers and that has many times cost them some deals. For the sake of a few million £’s, Newcastle have lost out on some big players under Mike Ashley.

We would expect that Newcastle will go back in for the mercurial winger as he appears to be the next target on the list. However if they refuse to raise their initial offer and go in with another bid, they may turn their attention to Hull City winger Jarrod Bowen.

We don’t think this is the last we will hear on this transfer though as it makes sense to test Nice’s resolve with an initial bid. They apparently want to sell Saint-Maximin this summer, so we would expect a deal to be worked out soon.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM

To all the shills/wums/A$$ Lie apologists :

“The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”

Jonas Gutierrez on Mike Ashley:
    “Two things I learn from my illness, how you can support a player (the Newcastle fans) and how you leave a player alone (Mike Ashley).”

Undercover reporters employed at the Derbyshire SPORTS DIRECT facility discovered thousands of workers were subjected to an extraordinary regime of searches and surveillance, while local primary schoolteachers told the Guardian pupils would remain in school while ill – and return home to empty houses – as parents working at the depot were too frightened to take time off work.

Sports Direct branded a “scar on British business”

Shearer on the way Newcastle is being run: “It looks complete and utter chaos and the lack of communication from the club is embarrassingly bad. But the only thing official we have heard from the club this summer is, ‘We are putting season ticket prices up five per cent’ and ‘This is our new home kit’.”

Rafa Benitez on Newcastle’s communication policy: “I must say that I have had more meetings with the chairman, the president and the general manager this week than I had in three years at Newcastle.”

Kevin Keegan on Mike Ashley’s governance of Newcastle United : “They have made a toy out of Newcastle,” Keegan argues.
    “As much as it pains me to say it, I have no desire to be associated with the place for as long as that continues.
    “I will gladly return when they have gone.

• c-dog

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM

This guy stinks of Graham Carr

• Just a fan

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:47 PM

Hi Mr tuff I see your still in the denial stages.
    Let’s show some proof and put this to bed.
    Oh dear I forgot you don’t have any.
    Maybe I should call you honey that seems enough proof for you.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Could disrupt a relatively settled group. His potential skill may not be enough to risk that. I’d rather see Bowen instead.

• swemag

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Talked to a Brazilian friend this Marrony guy. According to him he is more of a winger than a striker. One of the fastest players in the Brazilian league, good dribbler but poor at finishing. The guy that can outrun everyone but when alone with the keeper he has no idea what to do.
    Good player on a poor team, the only one apparently that is trying something different there.
    Again, he is a winger and not a striker, left footed.

Apart from that, in Brazil they have a state championship and a national league, teams play in both, the state championship is of a lower quality, a lot of teams that do not qualify for the top league. All the goals this guy has scored this year was in this state championship and not in the league, can be compared to scoring goals in the early stages on the FA cup.

Looking at the game lineups on google he quite often comes on as a sub or is subbed during the game. And most of the time playing on the left wing.

He is young though, I would take him.

• Scythe For Bruce

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Looks like a naughty Geordie edited his Wiki page…

According to his mam, Saint-Maximin started being nice on the 7 August 2017.[7][8]

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM

Repost:

Bill’s #111 – I see your points, I think they’re fair honestly and it’s certainly another viewpoint.

I don’t agree though – we’ve been showing loyalty to Rafa and the club for 2 full seasons of Premier League austerity. It may well have attracted a willing buyer, but it doesn’t seem to have delivered a willing seller.

I think we need a new approach, something we haven’t tried before. The boycott and ramping up of demonstrations is it.

After all, we can’t know if it will work or not until we try.

Just continuing to do what we’ve already done looks less like a deliberate plan and more like apathy, I’m afraid.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:57 PM

It’s an opening gambit on a negotiation. NIce want 25M, we’ve bid 16M, we’ll probably agree on 20-21M and job’s a good ‘un.

• LancsToon

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Repeats itself 8 times in one of the comments, please consider when your copying and pasting.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Essex – Tsunki

I’m one of the people who actually reads what Bills Son says and I do agree with some of his points, therefore by your definition I’m a trouble maker who’s trying to scupper the blog, is that correct?

Oh and ditto for Munster and up to a point Catchy.

Its ok to agree with some of his points but do you agree with his entire message? No it would be a simplistic deduction that makes you a troublemaker. as for Catchy I think its safe to say he is an out and out nutcase who painted himself into a corner – twice. Munster just doesn’t get life as it works over here and arguing with him is like discussing algebra with Felonius from Shrek, and now he wants to call people out for all sorts of perceived misdemeanors which is rich for someone who told people they would have to crawl back and apologise when the takeover happened and who also stated categorically that selling Mitrovic was Rafas terminal mistake.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Tsunki,
    I know for certain shills exist and many of the techniques they use, but I don’t think there are 100s of jibs on a football blog. Ashley will have a person or two who reads all the papers and keeps an eye on twitter and the blogs. He won’t pay dozens of people to come on here and antagonise people and pretend to be from Chicago. Look at what these supposed shills have achieved. Nothing. Not one person has changed their opinions as a result. In fact the end result of the likes of baloney is to stir up peoples vitriol and make people hate Ashley more. Personally I think people hate Ashley but they can’t get to him so they declare and maybe even believe someone else is Ashley. Same as the 5th column hunters who were largely men too old to fight and had no chance to take their anger out on Hitler so beat their blonde neighbours up instead. Having said that there are 1 or 2 on here who’ve almost been proven, but that’s just pathetic men not paid shills, and the one I’m thinking of isn’t pro Ashley.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:03 PM

LancsToon, I think that was likely the point….

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:08 PM

Robleenio,

Got to say I agreed with your last post…

Up to the point you mention apathy.

I’m passionate about NUFC, getting a better owner who will have a real crack at the top 6 and winning a trophy as I possibly can be.

Accusing me of apathy is, I have to say, a pretty poor excuse of an argument.

That’s why I’ll keep going to games and giving the team my full support.

If you think that’s apathy you are dead wrong.

You believe the way to get him out is by boycotts and protests.

Fair do’s, that’s your choice.

But not mine.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:08 PM

One things certain about Maximum – he’s better than we’ve got. Bowen would be better though. And whoever we get would be better if they had a proper manager. We had great players under the wally. Sissoko (played out of position) wijnaldum (same) thauvin (played rarely and when he was it was the wrong wing) but none of them were motivated by McLaren.

• Online Guy

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Ed, Neil,

I’m sickened by this Tony Baloney character..he is working with a negative agenda against all Newcastle Supporters here ..skewing honest debate constantly , daily, abuse to others ..

I think he’s working with a negative agenda against this website and Newcastle Supporters.

Who he is working for ? We all ask .

Can you tell us how many alias’s he has and where he is posting from ?

He’s ruining your Website, Blog , undoing all the hard work you put in by causing division and skewing debate.

It’s horrendous.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:09 PM

Aye, loads has been achieved by doing nothing, sound plan.

• oldarse

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:09 PM

The next Mike Williamson Then who was doing all the lying MA or his PR people answer PR

• Paul141726

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM

Just here for a few minutes to offer my opinion on Saint-Maximin. Seems what Nice is requiring maybe a bit too much and what was offered by Charnley not quite enough. Happy medium of say 19 to 20 million? Also, I would love us to sign Jarrod Bowen from Hull. Think he will be a “play for the shirt” type of signing and step up with timely goals and assists, if what I read about him is accurate. Still want Ashley gone but accepting the fact of his remaining as the albatross of an owner we know him to be.

Now, can anyone provide real observations as to the type of production we can expect from Saint-Maximin and Bowen if we sign either or both of them?

Thanks

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM

this is the post that sets the alarm bells ring for me

GS

May 28, 2019 at 9:46 PM

So, go on then Paully. I said my name is Greame Stewart and I am from Seaton Burn. I am 50 years old and my grandfather was a coal miner and my brother worked at Swan Hunter.

• oldarse

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:10 PM

It’s what there paid to do

• lesh

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:11 PM

Magscar

From a couple of threads back, agreed, you didn’t suggest Joelinton was scouted for Rafa, your words were to the effect of when Rafa was at the club. Totally different.

• oldarse

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:13 PM

hibbit Could you extrapolate on that theory please

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:14 PM

Bills Son, I will try and summarise your position without over egging it but I perceive it as this –

Boycotts & protests will not adversely affect Ashley or his business in any way and will not influence him as he has already made his mind up to sell.

Staying away from games and not spending money on Ashleys product will likewise be ineffective.

Ashley tried to be “one of the people” but was rejected, so is intent on selling – but has not found a serious buyer willing to part with the right cash value. (I am assuming he is willing to sell because of the perceived affront and not because he makes money out of the club).

Our job as fans is to unconditionally support the playing staff including any manager no matter what pedigree and purpose

Our perception of Mike Ashley should be that he has provided financial stability and that we should be grateful that we are happily lodged somewhere in the Premier league.

Mike Ashley’s purpose now is to make the club as desirable for sale as possible and will facilitate this manager with generous transfer funds in order to do achieve sporting success that will make the club look even more attractive.

We should ignore the fact that the previous 12 years of planned restraint has led to two unfortunate relegations, however these are lessons learned and now we should be looking forward.

About right or have I missed anything?

• Diddly

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:14 PM

OLG agree there. I skip past most his posts and other regular posters one in particular. Shame they might have a contibution.

• lesh

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:14 PM

geordietom

I think I identifed Baloney as a troublemaker very shortly after his appearance on here.

Don’t engage with him, you’re wasting your time and he’s wasting other peoples oxygen.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:15 PM

Is this goinh to be one of them where we squabble over a few million right down to the last moments of the window and then someone else just swoops in and buys him.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:16 PM

Mike

Looking at Joelinton and this winger it looks like its business as usual, buy what’s on offer from the clubs favoured agent instead of what’s needed.

We need a proven premier goalscorer not a potential premier league goal scorer.

I’d feel more confident if there was logic in the signings, instead of having 7 CB and 1 LB or 1 striker and 5 goalkeepers, why not 2 players for each position.

It seems we’d rather sign a utility player than a specialist in a position.

For Ashleys entire tenure the squad has always been light in atleast 2 or 3 positions, which is one of the reasons I say he deliberately restricts the advancement of the team and squad.

• lesh

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:18 PM

Will Saint-Maximin be the first they Wouldn’t get over the line’?

Far better go for the Hull kid if he’s any good and he’ll be worth more being a Brit when it comes to sell-on time.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:22 PM

Bill’s, I didn’t accuse you of apathy, I have done before and I remember you didn’t take it too well.

I said it could appear to be apathy. It’s an important distinction when we’re trying to send a message. If half the season ticket holders turn up and the ground is 3/4 full for Arsenal, it looks like the fans don’t care. We need to send a message and returning to business as usual won’t do that effectively.

As I say, I doubt we’ll agree on this and I’m not trying to persuade you to stay away – I have no right to do so and supported Bobby when he was getting pelters for saying he would go.

All I’m trying to do is say why I think it’s time for a boycott to happen and hope that I can persuade you to at least give it tacit support by not repeating you don’t think it will work.

As Genjikai said earlier, it’s positive action, not a negative reaction. Please don’t label the boycotters ‘neggers’ or ‘miserable’, they’re just fans like you but with a different viewpoint.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:24 PM

Bills Son-

“I believe the best way to get Ashley out is by seeing us maintain our Prem place and being as successful as possible.”

Don’t get angry because I am genuinely confused as to how this works. Do you think trying to force Benitez’s hand backfiring and hiring an underacheiving championship grade ex-Sunderland manager who previously did the honourable thing by not accepting this job while SBR was here but schemed with Ashley to double cross his last club (just because its been said a lot doesn’t make it less true) is going to make us successful in any way? I’d be interested to see how you think we will acheive anything great this season, but we will have to wait won’t we?

And if we are successful, and win a cup, get into Europe, TV money increases, season tickets are sold out, match day revenues at all time high, kit sales through the roof including worldwide brand push due to many more games staged and some in europe etc. THIS is what will make Ashley decide its time to sell? How is that? Will he develop a phobia of money?

• lesh

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:26 PM

* correction

… couldn’t get over the line’?

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:27 PM

All I’ve seen of this Maximim is youtube.

I expect he’d win a shit load of free kicks and pens, reminds me of Ronaldo when he first went to Manuire.

Show pony, he needs someone to grab him and tell him to stop pissing about and get the ball in the box.

Bit like when Keane grabbed Ronaldo, totally changed his game, went from a show pony to world beater in a few months.

• Ron Knee

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:29 PM

hibbit

Same age as the psychotic one?

• Diddly

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:30 PM

I think best way to get rid of Ashley is don’t buy strips training gear or any other mechanise. Reading the report on rangers. That’s were his weekness is. Cut off that stream he won’t want to keep it. He gets 93% off sales off rangers. 10p% off us. Boycott wont work.

• Just a fan

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:30 PM

Online guy
    Toney baloney who is he working for we all ask.
    I didn’t.
    He has as much right on here as any of us.
    Ps .I quite like some of his stuff not do much others.
    Same as I like some of your stuff not so much other.

• MAUTITOON

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:31 PM

Has mickey been at the training ground a few moments back?

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Tsunki,

Thanks for coming back with your take on my views but I’ve said just about all I want to say on where I stand.

There are only so many ways I can say I want Ashley out and debating the finer detail will just be tedious.

From now I’m going to get back to what I did five years and more ago…

Giving my views on players, matches and tactics.

And just about nothing else.

HWTL.

• oldarse

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:33 PM

Ron Knee Is that what hibbet meant Balooney Seaton burn not far from Dinnington after all

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:35 PM

Lesh,
    I agree. If Bowen can get 8-10 goals next season he could be worth 80m. If maximin has a similar season hell only be worth 30-40m

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:36 PM

Hahahaha – got them in a tizz now – Just a fan – where is Jib – can he not fight his own battles.

Laughing like hell – anybody else would be on themselves making a denial/challenge obviously Jib is you so you/he thinks he is replying as Jib as you are from his stable of false posters.

Got to be good at lying when you are deploying a large group of multiples – ultimately errors and mix ups occur as your “project of artifice” get too big to manage.
    Give it up Jib and stop this nonsense. Big boy.