web analytics

Report – Newcastle Reps Fly Out To Seal Deal For Winger

The Shields Gazette are reporting that Newcastle United representatives have flown out of the country last night to seal the deal for a winger.

They suspect that the player they are trying to get over the line is Nice forward Allan Saint-Maximin. The report states that the dribbling savant will cost around £20m.

One reason for the strong suspicion that it is Allan Saint-Maximum is that the Newcastle reps are said to have flown out of the country which would presumably rule out Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen.

Saint-Maximin also the same agent as Joelinton and he liked a few posts about Joelinton yesterday on Instagram.

Allan Saint-Maximin– on his way in the next 48hrs?

Allan Saint-Maximin would certainly be an exciting player at St James Park. His ability to beat his man is top notch however he suffers sometimes from a poor end product.

He is still very young and still has a lot of room to develop. However, he must be willing to work hard in order to fulfill his potential.

His rift with Patrick Vieira at Nice this summer is reportedly due to a poor attitude and lack of commitment to a teamwork ethos. This can be a bit overblown in the press but will be a slight concern.

The French forward will add some attacking flair that will certainly compliment new signing Joelinton as well as Miguel Almiron. He is also a very versatile player as he can play centrally or on either wing.

He will also prove to be a bargain as Nice originally wanted around £40m for him so to be able to close a deal at half that price would be very good.

• Reilly

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:08 PM

Scroll down to activity log.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:13 PM

What I would say is lessons seemed to have been learned from Carr’s last time in charge of picking players has it not?

If we are signing Linton and Saint-Maxim we are getting pace , power and physicality which was not always the case under Carr we wasted quite a lot of money on players who were never likely to adapt over here such as Thauvin, Mbiwa , Cabella etc so you would like to think that they would be able to cope with the league better?

The team we have at the moment is a hard working team which is very well organised but was lacking that serious pace which will damage teams you seen the impact Almiron had on our team so a potential front 3 of him with the 2 new signings is actually pretty exciting…. as long as Longstaff etc dont get sold to make up for it!

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM

Where is CaptainAmerimag? Poor fella his heart must have broken that little bit more than ours after the apparent takeover collapse. But I dunno this is way too much money spent for AshLie standards and the eternal optimist in me thinks that something might be happening in the background. I am intrigued to know what the captain thinks of it all.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:14 PM

I just want to say I’m in nobody’s gang although I do have favourite posters.

When I read someones comments I try to read them fully and endeavour to understand what they are trying to say, I do not trawl back later and cherry pick aspects of the comment to beat them with. Something that happens all of the time on the blog and it makes me really pissed off and angry. The main reason I chose to absence for a long period was cos of this.

Sorry for the sermon but I do have really strong feelings on this, if people want heated discussions and arguments then fine providing they are really using valid points from comments made and not as I said ‘cherry picking’.

I don’t have a morale high ground and am not standing on one just giving my opinion.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:16 PM

Ok bills son yes I “shoot opinions down” it’s a blog and if someone who claims he wants Ashley out spends all his time defending him I’ll shoot that right down no problemo. You are an Ashley stalwart, no argument. And as for your “quite a few” agree with your opinion i can tell that’s a complete pack of lies. The only ones who agree are the suspiciously small band of troublemakers intent on scuppering this blog.

If you want Ashley out, please tell us just one thing, just one satisfactory statement from you, how would you propose the fans, us Newcastle supporters, get him out? Let’s hear your constructive view of how to get him out.

If you can’t come up with something except be loyal to the match day revenue and keep buying Mike’s stuff then why not declare your undying love for Mike and leave us all alone?

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Eventually the multiples reveal themselves. Making on your are an independent poster to support your point or indeed insult others who you really do not like but have formed a blog “friendship with is beyond me. Hoy in another alt to insult yourself and the trail is nicely obscured.

Noted in the early hours the put down of addressing a male poster as Honey at the end of the sentence was used.

There is only one person who uses the Honey expression on this blog. Wake up boys.

The relentless abuse to one poster is beyond the pale.

• Our Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:19 PM

Jp at 36 agree

Mag at 37 I also agree

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:19 PM

Cheers Reilly, so it’s been flying between Lausanne (Geneva), Newcastle, Nice and Luton from its home base in Farnborough.

The only Ineos sites I know of in the North East are Newton Aycliffe and Seal Sands – you’d use Durham Tees Valley for these sites, surely, not Newcastle

Hmmm.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Essex there are no gangs. There are posters who’ve been here a while. There are like minds and intelligent ones that recognise trends and think something needs to be done to stop it. Then there are the troublemakers who have been contrary all their time on here. There are the odd nutcases. There are no gangs except those who form because their stupidity needs allies.

I don’t need a gang. The only group I belong to are the genuinely concerned.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Howay lads, clutching at straws putting a spend on a player as someone else’s business. In reality only 30M has been spent and that’s what players are costing these days. There’s nothing strange about it. People can say how insignificant gate receipts are but there’s a reason teams increase their stadium capacity. It won’t be lost on the bean counters that 12K have cancelled their ST’s with a boat load more next February, he must know that he’s gone too far and that spending money is the only way to try and patch things up.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Us and West Ham are apparently after AS Monaco full-back Djibril Sidibé.

• TheTinman

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:21 PM

In light of all the alter egos. I’ve updated my profile (not sure why my Gravatar wasn’t working).

You might also see me on Fantasy Football Scout, same username, same Gravatar

• MickyZee

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM

I don’t know too much about Maximin, but I hope we sign him as he is like a right footed Hatem Ben Arfa, thrills and spills and let downs galore, but let’s be honest, as good as a job Rafa done at times watching paint dry was more entertaining than watching us, we ain’t going to win anything next /this season, so let’s at least have some excitement and something to drool over, bring the attitude problem here, let him entertain us.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:22 PM

Mr T the telling point is when said suspicious contributors consistently target and those they perceive to be threats to their altered world view. As hibbit says divide … And conquer.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:23 PM

Well said Bill.

😉

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:23 PM

Problem is of course you’re forced to name them to answer….;)

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:24 PM

For me the sale died the minute Bruce was approached.

I cant see any sale happening this year.

• IrishRob

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:26 PM

So many people dont realise yet that his first name isn’t Joe, its Joelinton. Lol

• Chart Topping Toon

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Allan Saint-maximin plays in a similar style to Hatem Ben Arfa. A very talented lad but will be a nightmare for both opposition players and teammates alike. His movement is good, though hard to predict and he struggles to pick out teammates making good runs around him. His sole focus when on the ball seems to be beating the next man, great to watch but this close control slows play up, wastes quick breaks and as the opposition defence has time to reorganise, space becomes tight for him and others. Ultimately making scoring become more difficult. If he could become more direct, understand how beating a single man can draw out opposition defenders and create space for others (space management) he could become a great assist master. Unfortunately these types of players often struggle with this team concept. Luckily we have Bruce to coach him these skills.

As if Bruce doesn’t have a hard enough of an up hill task already, he will be forced to have a player who plays primarily as a winger, our best strength is our defence with a tactic of playing with 3 good ball playing CB’s at the back and this formation leaves no space for ‘wingers’. Wingers/wide forwards could be accommodated, in a Liverpool esc format but would leave us either dismantling our most effective setup or risk playing with 2 in midfield, if your midfield get overrun it becomes very hard to compete in premier league games. Be prepared for some high scoring games, not necessarily in our favour.

• ChicoUSA

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:32 PM

One thing about the new players Rafa brought in or the players he inherited that he kept in his lineups: they all worked very hard, were willing to defend tirelessly, played selfless / team first football and were not at the club as a stepping stone. He chose players with heart who typically would not point their fingers when their teammates made a mistake, who did not dip their heads when they went a goal or two down.

In short Rafa chose players with heart and character! The shame is that he was never really given much of a budget at all, save for going into the Championship season in 2015/16. Even getting Almiron was like pulling teeth and took way longer than Benitez wanted.

• MickyZee

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Tsunki

Why do you rarely talk about football ?, sorry to tell you this mate, but you are such a bore !

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM

Look if you want Ashley out there’s only one way, you stop doing whatever you do that gives him your money. When he stops making money he will ditch the club. If you stop going into the ground, you won’t buy entrance, hot dogs, pies, beer, or kit in the club SD shop. The advertising will be less good in the ground because fewer people see it, plus association with a boycotted club will be toxic to it.

What will it cost you? The answer is LESS. You will save on a the money you would have spent.

The problem is the rendezvous with your mates will be shelved. Unless you meet them in a pub instead.

The team will carry on as professionals and play because they earn tremendous amounts of money every year most people won’t see in a lifetime of real, hard, horrible work. They won’t have the twelfth man for a while but it has to be worth the effort. If your child is diagnosed with Diabetes, you wouldn’t keep letting them eat doughnuts and sweets just vecause they like them would you?

Or would you?

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:38 PM

Wow,
    So the multiples use another account to agree with themselves then a third account to throw abuse at themselves. So any body who agrees with jib or has slightly similar viewpoint is jib, but also people who insult jib are also jib. Hmmm. I understand now. Makes perfect sense. Clearing using the principle of Occams razor. Mr Tuff does that mean you are jib? And oldarse is tony baloney? And jail is Joe sophistication? And online guy is tsunki? Or are all of those people jib? Or is jib just a fragment of our imagination? How do we know he’s real?

• Tonyd3b54

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:40 PM

One things for sure. If they pull off maxim it’ll be a lot of fun playing FIFA this year

• MickyZee

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:42 PM

CTT

I agree with the HBA similarities, but where I disagree is where you feel 3 at the back doesn’t allow for wingers, I feel the complete opposite, 3 at the back for me means that you have to attack in numbers which is tailor made for width

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:43 PM

Mickyzee,
    An excellent footballing post from newcomer chart topping toon, why did you not answer that instead of attacking another poster.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:44 PM

Mister Tuff,

In answer to your earlier question today on me leaving the blog.

I originally left about five years ago when in the space of three months I suffered a stroke and my wife was diagnosed with breast cancer.

I seek no sympathy other than to say these were life changing events to cope with and I had far more to think about than continuing to post on this blog.

I returned after c18 months during which my views on Ashley had changed completely and I also was aware that Jail, kindly, had asked Ed if he knew of any health reason why I was no longer posting.

The sad thing is, when I explained the reasons for my absence to Jail he accused me of using my health issues as an excuse for not posting during a bad period of Ashley’s ownership. That was a below the belt attack and one which lost any respect I had for someone I had previously engaged and debated with.

As things were still raw for me I left the blog almost straight away as others were jumping on Jail’s despicable bandwagon. You will note he is still on his pedestal constantly bringing up opinions I have not held for five years.

Thankfully, both me and my wife have fully recovered.

Again, I don’t want or need any sympathy, my skin is thicker than a rhino’s.

But Jail’s despicable accusations just show how low people can stoop when they hide behind a keyboard and attack others who they neither know or understand.

And, in part, are a reason for me taking no personal shit from anyone on this blog.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Holy cr@p look at this crazy flight from Jim Ratcliffe’s plane from a week last Monday (15th).

Leaves Boston MA at 22:30ish GMT, flies across the Atlantic to Nice for an hour, flies to Geneva where it stops for an hour, flies to Newcastle where it stops for an hour and lands at Farnborough around 15:00 GMT on the 16th.

Whistlestop!

• c-dog

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM

BZG & Jim Ratcliffe

Some people on this blog
    Same lack of understanding regarding the game of football
    Do us all a favour

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:45 PM

Oh ok.

• Toonfan8

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:47 PM

It is a long time, that I have written something here, but with Joelinton and Saint-Maximin if this happen, we will be interesting team to watch…we should go for attacking LB and attacking RB, Phillip Max and Sidibe fits the bill perfectly and then take Andy Carroll home for free…
    Dubravka – Schar, Lascelles, Lejeune – SIDIBE, Shelvey, Longstaff, MAX – SAINT MAXIMIN, Joelinton, Almiron
    Darlow – Fernandez, Clarke, Dummett – Yedlin, Hayden, Ki, Ritchie – Murphy, CARROLL, Muto
    we should keep Manquillo and Atsu in the team also, because season is long
    loan out: Woodman
    sell: Lazaar, Colback, Saivet, Aarons, Gayle this should bring 20-25M
    SIDIBE, MAX, SAINT-MAXIMIN, CARROLL = 60M
    this team can play with anybody, as it is very quick and can hurt with counter attacking style anybody…

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:48 PM

TNMW sorry but it’s a bit naive to think social media manipulation is a myth. Some very clever people have worked out ingenious ways to build up support for an idea, and it can only work if it’s perceived as if there are “different personalities” at work, possibly disagreeing or being flippant with each other in some way. It helps to make it look like their opinions reflect those of many instead of a suspiciously on-point few.

What’s important is the basic message. That needs to be stuck to, and you can see here plainly that a minority group of apparently disparate characters are relentlessly plugging he Ashley is Great line.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:48 PM

Living in a fantasy

• MickyZee

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:48 PM

boycott Arsenal

what on earth are you on about

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:49 PM

Mike Will @ 63.

You’ve nailed it there.

The duplicity of some posters is laughable.

I mean, look at all of the reasons given for why the Joelinton money has been spent.

First the FCB won’t spend a penny, now he’s a conniving cheating PR wind up merchant when he does.

And these people say they want a debate???????

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:49 PM

Tonfan8 IF that happens, when do you see a cup or league title arriving?

• MickyZee

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM

@72

yawn, yawn and yawn

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:50 PM

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Or put it another way, what’s different about this season in comparison to the last 12?

Tip: don’t say Steve Bruce.

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Sorry in advance for the caps –

CAN WE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THATS GOOD AND RIGHT IN THIS WORLD STOP TALKING ABOUT PHANTOM TAKEOVERS?

🙁