web analytics

Report – Newcastle Reps Fly Out To Seal Deal For Winger

The Shields Gazette are reporting that Newcastle United representatives have flown out of the country last night to seal the deal for a winger.

They suspect that the player they are trying to get over the line is Nice forward Allan Saint-Maximin. The report states that the dribbling savant will cost around £20m.

One reason for the strong suspicion that it is Allan Saint-Maximum is that the Newcastle reps are said to have flown out of the country which would presumably rule out Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen.

Saint-Maximin also the same agent as Joelinton and he liked a few posts about Joelinton yesterday on Instagram.

Allan Saint-Maximin– on his way in the next 48hrs?

Allan Saint-Maximin would certainly be an exciting player at St James Park. His ability to beat his man is top notch however he suffers sometimes from a poor end product.

He is still very young and still has a lot of room to develop. However, he must be willing to work hard in order to fulfill his potential.

His rift with Patrick Vieira at Nice this summer is reportedly due to a poor attitude and lack of commitment to a teamwork ethos. This can be a bit overblown in the press but will be a slight concern.

The French forward will add some attacking flair that will certainly compliment new signing Joelinton as well as Miguel Almiron. He is also a very versatile player as he can play centrally or on either wing.

He will also prove to be a bargain as Nice originally wanted around £40m for him so to be able to close a deal at half that price would be very good.

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:53 PM

Bills thanks for responding and explaining those issues which must have been difficult. My query was prompted by you stating your strength of personality , blog wise, recently.

Eventually debunks the false claims by certain parties who, at the time and subsequently, claimed you had been hounded off the blog.

Good fortune to you and your missus, health wise, for the future.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Bills

You debate do you?

Hahahahaha, I’m still waiting for a answer to a question I asked you over a week ago and the only response I got was insults and you making out I was beaten

Then you play the victim card.

Full of shit and I hope karma catches up with you soon, you’re a charlatan and a liar.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM

LCBP,
    I think you’re giving them too much credit by thinking that Joelinton was bought because of his playing style as opposed to his age and potential sell on value. Do you honestly think that lessons have been learned. It was just a short three years ago that the club went to the bottom of the barrel and appointed a manager daft enough to accept their policies. It hot us relegated. Three years on and they’ve done exactly the same.

• oldarse

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM

RobLeenio Followed the link mate ended up on Mars think I took a wrong turning

• Tsunki

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:54 PM

Bills son give my question a go if you want to debate.

What will get Mike Ashley out of our club?

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:57 PM

Chart topping Toon, decent post that.

Not sure I agree that you can’t play wingers with three at the back – wide front men may be more accurate a description I guess. Whatever you call them, they would need to be disciplined, track back and press. Almiron and Perez did that for us in the second half of last season, which allowed Ritchie and Manquillo (or whoever was playing) to drop back and fill in alongside the three right backs.

If the wide front men (inside forwards?) don’t press and harass the opposition full backs, they’ll be able to bomb forward and isolate our wing back.

So. if Saint-Maximin is not known for his discipline, that could be an issue.

Not the first time we’ll have seen it, mind – Robert and Ginola are just two French examples of wingers who didn’t like the defensive side of the game. They were both forgiven for being workshy by being fantastic on the ball.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 1:59 PM

I said I’d get shouted at

😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Tsunki

I’m one of the people who actually reads what Bills Son says and I do agree with some of his points, therefore by your definition I’m a trouble maker who’s trying to scupper the blog, is that correct?

Oh and ditto for Munster and up to a point Catchy.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:01 PM

To all the shills/wums/A$$ Lie apologists :

“The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”

Jonas Gutierrez on Mike Ashley:
    “Two things I learn from my illness, how you can support a player (the Newcastle fans) and how you leave a player alone (Mike Ashley).”

Undercover reporters employed at the Derbyshire SPORTS DIRECT facility discovered thousands of workers were subjected to an extraordinary regime of searches and surveillance, while local primary schoolteachers told the Guardian pupils would remain in school while ill – and return home to empty houses – as parents working at the depot were too frightened to take time off work.

Sports Direct branded a “scar on British business”

Shearer on the way Newcastle is being run: “It looks complete and utter chaos and the lack of communication from the club is embarrassingly bad. But the only thing official we have heard from the club this summer is, ‘We are putting season ticket prices up five per cent’ and ‘This is our new home kit’.”

Rafa Benitez on Newcastle’s communication policy: “I must say that I have had more meetings with the chairman, the president and the general manager this week than I had in three years at Newcastle.”

Kevin Keegan on Mike Ashley’s governance of Newcastle United : “They have made a toy out of Newcastle,” Keegan argues.
    “As much as it pains me to say it, I have no desire to be associated with the place for as long as that continues.
    “I will gladly return when they have gone.

• Dragon64

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:01 PM

Think with the appointment of cabbage heed. That was the end of any takeover wish I was wrong but don’t think so and from what I’ve been catching up on if I make another account I can then tell myself I am right lmfao good to be back Mexican food crap Greggs all day

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Lol oldar$e, hope you don’t need picking up.

😉

• Just a fan

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:12 PM

Tatforsale.
    It’s ok to dish it out but sometimes there is a line not to be crossed.
    You obviously did not think you crossed that line so I may be in the wrong.if so I apologize.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Robleenio

I suggest you go back through the archives to the posts on Tuesday May 28th 2019 5.02pm , read the comments from the guy who posts under the handle GS. He unleashes personal attacks on G2 and Bobby Bee spread over the 318 comments, pay special attention to the No,s in the early 200s I don’t think you will have much trouble identifying the culprit?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:15 PM

I’m interested in seeing Saivet get a few games I reckon he’s a player that somehow slipped under the radar with Rafa and is well worth a 2nd chance. Only problem for him is that he has several ahead of him in the pecking order although the sale of SL would shorten that list.

But before that comment is cherry picked. I’ll be spitting blood if SL was sold.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:18 PM

BBBM

Disagree with KKs comment, I’d say more of a doggy chew.

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:19 PM

Just a fan
    No worries I just hate bullies. I’m sure some posters dred coming on the blog in case he’s been having a go at them

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:21 PM

dig-n-dig22
    is there an easy way to navigate to that time and date please,

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM

Here’s Joelinton meeting Steve Brue for the first time.

You can see in Joelinton’s eyes the moment when he realises he’s not talking to the caretaker.

• B&W blood

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:22 PM

The world of of supporting a football team has gone insane with 24hr news and social media.

Everyone is an accountant and expert on finance, an expert on scouting, has to shout down any differing views and most importantly knows how to track planes and helicopters.

What happened to simpler days when you went to the match, never really expected to win anything, supported the players representing your city enjoyed the match, went away buzzing if we won or went to the pub and put the world to rights when we lost.

• Reilly

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:27 PM

BREAKING: Nice have rejected Newcastle United’s €16m bid for Allan Saint-Maximin. The Ligue 1 side want at least €20m for the winger. (Source: RMC Sport)

• hibbit

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:29 PM

B&W blood

you missed a very important ingredient The Football Pink every nufc fans bible 😉

• Mag :P

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:29 PM

Ahhh back to underpaying.

Was fun whilst it lasted.

• Just a fan

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM

The reason there are so many multiples on this blog is that people see what is not there.
    Mr tuff is the worst offender.he is blinded by his envy of jib.
    I know for a fact Mr tuff makes it up because he accused me of being jib and a few other fools jumped on his bandwagon.
    I f there are any multiples I would just say carry on.who actually cares apart from the conspiracy theorists.

• optimistic prime

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:30 PM

B&W

A lots changed, some for the better some for the worse.

I barely remember seeing Nufc on the tv before 1990, now we see nearly have half the season on tv.

I miss some stuff and try to forget other stuff pre 1990, overall I’d say it’s better now.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:31 PM

B&W blood, I agree. It’s the way I always supported Newcastle and I’m sure the vast majority of us did.

But this is different. We need to get this leech, this parasite, this sociopath scumbag out of our club.We cannot fall for his old bait and switch tricks.

We cannot continue to metaphorically sell Manhattan for $24 worth of trinkets, season after season.

A$$ Lie out!

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:32 PM

Reilly- oh ffs! Just offer the 20m!! They wanted 40m only a month ago! Really want us to sign this player. I really miss the magic that HBA created. It is what was seriously lacking in games last season, a player that can break open defenses and cause havoc.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:34 PM

dig, aye I remember that night. Looking back, you may have a point. Several points, in fact….

• Mister Tuff

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:35 PM

Hahahaha tremendous comedy blogging.

The only “poster” I can recall who claimed I was envious of Jib was in fact Jib.

These mischief makers are now dropping themselves in it on a daily basis.

• Toonces

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:38 PM

Bills – you said an article or few back…

“From memory I don’t think any team outside of the top 6-8 have spent more on one player than us and we’ve got a squad who, by all accounts, aren’t crying and burying their heads in the sand over Rafa leaving.”

Immediately West Ham come to mind

Felipe Anderson £40M last season
    Sebastien Haller £45M this season

And they also had Diop, Arnautovic, Fornals Yarmolenko, Hernandez in the high teens, 20M+ ranges.

They haven’t been top 8 in any of the past three seasons.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:40 PM

Tsunki,

In short, I think the only thing that will get Ashley out is him getting the price he wants.

Whilst he gets advertising exposure for SD he can’t possibly get any enjoyment out of owning the club.

This is a guy who, in the early days, stood on the terraces with the fans home and away and drank in the Strawberry.

Now he can’t show his face, rightly, without getting dog’s of abuse.

He invested after relegation twice because he knows he’ll never get the price he wants in the Champs – and without it I can’t see him selling.

If he can show the club can be run self sufficiently in the Prem, builds a squad of players worth £150M+ and we keep getting 52,000 crowds that is a proposition IMO that will best attract the buyer/investors who will give him the price he wants – and we’ll finally be shot of him.

I get fans are pissed off with him, but thinking that boycotts, letters to the FA or Parliament or getting relegated will see him slink away and sell at a big loss with his tail between his legs just aren’t realistic.

Even if we didn’t come straight back up after another relegation we’d still be the biggest TV draw in the Champs and he’d no doubt sell any player worth £15M or more to keep us self sufficient.

IMO, until he sells, it’s a choice of a target to stay in the Prem or self sufficiency in the Champs.

I’d rather be in the Prem.

• dig-n-dig22

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Hibbit

“The way I did it was click on the” LOAD MORE COMMENTS” at the bottom of the main home page 27 times, that should do it.

• B&W blood

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:43 PM

I agree i want ashley out of club, but i think the problem is much deeper than ashley.

Man u, Arsenal and various other fan bases are demonstrating about the ownership of their clubs and about being used for money/advertising etc.

Unless we are extremely lucky it is more than likely that when we get rid of Ashley any new owner will have the same reasons for buying us (the days of a local who loves a club being in control are long gone due to money)

The only way to stop this due to the money in the game is through legislation and rigorous policing such as making a law where clubs are similar standing to community charities making them non profit where all the money has to stay within the club.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Toonces,

Fair do’s.

But my point is if we can’t properly celebrate signing a £40M player and instead just rubbish the whole deal as Ashley spin and PR to hoodwink the fans it’s playing the “weez deed a tell ya, deed” violin a bit too hard don’t you think.

I do.

• RobLeenio

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:55 PM

Bill’s #111 – I see your points, I think they’re fair honestly and it’s certainly another viewpoint.

I don’t agree though – we’ve been showing loyalty to Rafa and the club for 2 full seasons of Premier League austerity. It may well have attracted a willing buyer, but it doesn’t seem to have delivered a willing seller.

I think we need a new approach, something we haven’t tried before. The boycott and ramping up of demonstrations is it.

After all, we can’t know if it will work or not until we try.

Just continuing to do what we’ve already done looks less like a deliberate plan and more like apathy, I’m afraid.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 2:56 PM

B&W blood,

You are right.

Everybody thinks any new buyer would automatically be better than Ashley.

They could be worse.

You have to have massively deep pockets, enough to make some canny losses and not blink, if you want to really challenge the top 6.

QPR are the classic example of a new owner coming in, spraying the cash around to get the fans on his side, thinking big fees and wages will guarantee a top half Prem place… and then falling flat on their faces.

But guess what…

The players who were bought and the managers who bought them didn’t take a hit did they – only the owner.

That’s exactly why Ashley wouldn’t give Benitez the almost sole control he wanted.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 24, 2019 at 3:02 PM

Robleenio,

Got to say I agreed with your last post…

Up to the point you mention apathy.

I’m passionate about NUFC, getting a better owner who will have a real crack at the top 6 and winning a trophy as
    I possibly can be.

Accusing me of apathy is, I have to say, a pretty poor excuse of an argument.

You can do better than that.