web analytics

Report – Allan Saint-Maximin Prefers Newcastle And Likes Steve Bruce

There is a report from Italian outlet Milan News that asserts Nice forward Allan Saint-Maximin prefers a move to Newcastle despite intense interest from AC Milan.

The report also states that Saint-Maximin likes Steve Bruce. It does not go into any further details than that.

The Sun are reporting that Newcastle are preparing to match Nice’s valuation of £20m for the player with a new bid. It was reported yesterday that an initial bid of £14m was rejected by Nice yesterday.

Steve Bruce played down the link yesterday when asked about the player. He said:

“I don’t think it’s on the verge of happening.

“It’s somebody we have looked at, it’s somebody we have identified. We’ll see what happens.”

Though the reporting yesterday in the Shields Gazette was that Newcastle representatives had flown to Nice to begin negotiations for the Frenchman. It was shortly after that the news of the first rejected bid broke.

The most recent reports have that the player prefers Newcastle and the Premier League over AC Milan. It also seems to be that Newcastle will not haggle any longer than necessary and give in to Nice’s demands for the player.

With only two weeks remaining, Newcastle cannot afford to quibble over a few million pounds if Saint-Maximin is who they truly want. All indications point to him being the next on the radar.

We also expected Kyle Scott to be announced today but it looks like that may not happen until tomorrow. So if they can announce Kyle Scott and make a breakthrough for Saint-Maximin, that would be some good news to close the week.

We are a little bit apprehensive however about Steve Bruce’s comments during his press conference with Joelinton yesterday when he said:

“We are doing our utmost to make sure there will be one or two more walking through the door to give us a hand.”

We certainly hope there will be more in after Kyle Scott and hopefully, Allan Saint-Maximin are announced.

• lochinvar

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Still Thirsty

• ASPCOMDB

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:25 PM

The last time we had our traditional home kit black with two stripes down the front & an away kit that was orange we finished 5th. Could it be a sign of things to come this season?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:26 PM

Kets

I often read your comments with amusement but your latest ones are sounding a tad wumish.

• c-dog

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:28 PM

Genjikai

I will attend

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:28 PM

I’d sign Charley Austin to be

.ACs kit boy!

• c-dog

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:29 PM

EGB

You can’t constantly accuse people of being wums for having opinions you disagree with. Disagree by all means but don’t be belligerent

• lochinvar

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Still thirsty after all these beers

• Genjikai

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Cdog see you there pal. The more the merrier.

• Markaccus

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:38 PM

C-dog

EGB is correct about Ketsbaia being a wum, though. Surely you know about the home grown quota rule? And the fact its all of the British and Irish players he wants us to sell. He’s clearly on the wind up. Howay, man, selling Longstaff and Hayden?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:38 PM

c-dog did that come across as belligerent wasn’t intended as such.

Also I don’t believe I do constantly accuse people of being wums, I do however accuse people of bullying and misrepresenting what some people post, I’ll certainly hold my hands up to that.

I’m more than happy to see other peoples honest opinions on this blog furthermore I’ll always defend to the end their right to do so.

if this is an attempt by you to set me up for some beatings carry on, water off a ducks back mate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:45 PM

c-dog for your edification.

Definition of tad. 1 : a small or insignificant amount or degree.

Please reread my comment.

• beermonkey

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:49 PM

kyle scott in just case man u offer a little more for longstaff
    got to balance them books

• one fine day

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Geordietom,
    The email Neil shite patter comment was said in jest my friend
    Was meant to follow it with a just messing comment had phone not froze up.
    And for what it’s worth I like the warm pickle idea
    If offended I apologise mate

• TomaKaThor

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:50 PM

Someone will snatch him from under us because we are squabbling over a few milllion.

• c-dog

Jul 25, 2019 at 7:52 PM

EGB/Mark

Kets takes the biscuit but I find his posts hilarious. I think he’s just having a laugh and not on the wind up. We al know us geordies love a foreign import and he plays on that. It’s all in good jest.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:05 PM

Brucey doesn’t seem very confident of getting a few in, sounds like he’s resigned to getting just the one or two. So it’s Yedlin and Manquillo and Dummet and Lazaar all season. If this Joelinton has the same scoring stats in the PL as in the Bundesliga where are the other 30 goals going to come from. You’d like to think Longstaff will bag five, Ritchie three, Muto around eight with Almiron getting five as well and at least one each from the rest of the team, it’s going to be tight.

• IrishRob

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Lochinvar you finally did it. Well done!!!!!

• carltoon

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Love Ketsbia’s posts they are usually hilarious, and harmless.

• It's on

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:09 PM

boycott right now its worse than that. we have to dispose of 4 1st team squad players .

• Lindisfarne

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:09 PM

One v One Skill Challenge with Allan Saint-Maximin!

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM

It just shows doesn’t it, some people like Eastenders and Love Island, I’d rather watch ceefax. I find kets posts beyond ridiculous and utterly pointless, the one where he went in to graphic detail of what too much holiday activity done to his senip also made me realise that guy is a complete fruitcake.

• Tsunki

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Munster you’re an angry man, I bet you fry eggs on yer baald heed. 🙂

“I’ll tell you what’s sly Tsunki, you little worm….Sly is trying to re-accuse me for calling someone a nonce when I didnt realise the significance of the word in England. It doesnt mean the same over here , as Irish Rob said.”

Alright alright but remember when Online was claiming he was being “abused” about his itk stuff (which merited abuse in hindsight) and actually i was only saying it was made up nonsense and misleading, I then made the unfortunate hyperbole that he should calm down because it wasn’t like I’m calling him Jimmy Saville or anything – that was enough for you to start every post after with the claim I’d called OLG Jimmy Saville how disgusting likening him to that sick pervert etc etc.

Now THATS sly you rank hypocrite of the highest order. Give over because I’m bored, and if I’m bored the blog is rigid. Do us all a favour and put a rugby sock in it.

• Tsunki

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Oh yeah I remember Ketsbaias odd vacation tales that was a bizarre twist on the normal formations including £1bn worth of players.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:14 PM

I reckon the only way that OGS can prise SL away from Newcastle would be to bung another 30m in for Mattie.

Can’t see that happening, at least I hope not.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:17 PM

For the record and historically I’ve always said that I find Ketsbias posts amusing, perhaps calling him even slightly wumish was a little harsh.

My apologies Kets.

• Tsunki

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Looks like I missed another Charlie Austin thread. Was it good? We’ve had some crackers over the years.

• jon

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Dinton aka tb,

Ever considered a career as a reasonable poster…… Don’t.

• Tsunki

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Did anyone have any of that black paint left over to touch up “the line” ? Needs to be in top condition if we are going to be able to tell if we got any players over it. Can’t be going on with a fadey line.

• beermonkey

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:24 PM

ebg

i bet there not far away 30 35mill with addons i bet will see him go to manure
    last few days of the window and the pr will claim he wanted to leave

ashley calls the andy caroll play

• oldarse

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:24 PM

Jon emails telling us to IGNORE mate

• c-dog

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:24 PM

Kets busted a nut when heard we signed a Brazilian forward for 40m

If we bring in santon & ben arfa he might just spontaneously combust

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:26 PM

jon,
    Everyone that is firing in to Baloney with what they think is a witty put down is only encouraging him to carry on winding everyone up. If you ignore him he becomes irrelevant and will stop posting.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:28 PM

According to the Evening Standard they’re confident of getting him, if he turns out to be anything like Carrick then he’s 80M in three years time, 50M may well be worth a punt.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:28 PM

beermonkey

My point was that I don’t think SL would leave us unless ML went as well, which I find highly unlikely, ManU would have to shell out close to 80m for both of them.

• TomaKaThor

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:30 PM

They end up becoming just as bad as him, i dont get why its so hard to ignore him, unless they like the boring drama really

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Mind you I reckon that ManU must have a money plantation never mind a tree. They spend way beyond their means without any financial comebacks, up to now anyway.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:38 PM

Two more episodes of Gotham coming up, later!

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:39 PM

If we got this guy who we are rumoured with it would be an amazing signing!

Him , Yedlin , Almiron , Saint-Maxxim and Joel Linton could potentially be the fastest team in the league?

Dare I say it we might be good to watch this season……AHHHHHHHHHH

• beermonkey

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:43 PM

ebg

longstaff comes from a sporting family if they think it would benefit not cash but as a player they would steer him to manure

i dont know how good his brother is i have heard good reports its a shame we wont keep them and bring them through we know we will sell them as soon as the magic number is reached

• toon22

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Are we still for sale ?
    Or is the club just going to pretend the last few months didnt happen ?

When do you think we might spend this seasons 123 million TV money, so far we’ve spent 5