web analytics

Steve Bruce Reveals Positive Conversation With Isaac Hayden

The Shields Gazette has produced a quote from Steve Bruce about Isaac Hayden which adds some encouragement to the recent notion that he may be willing to stay at Newcastle this summer.

This is what Steve Bruce has said about our defensive midfielder:

“I’ve had a really positive conversation with Isaac. That goes for a team that’s been together for a few years now.

“They’re a really good group, honest. It must have been a really difficult summer for them. They want to prove themselves.”

Nothing too revealing but taken with the tweet from Luke Edwards from Tuesday, it could mean that Isaac will be willing to play out this season before deciding to leave.

This is what Luke Edwards tweeted earlier in the week.

It could also be just until January that he stays as we really don’t have too much to go on. Though the signs are positive that he will be at the club when the new season kicks of at home against Arsenal on Sunday, August 11th.

We have had our suspicions since Isaac started to talk to the media when he returned for pre-season that he could be staying. He certainly sounded like a player who was planning on it.

This is what Isaac said last week after the appointment of Steve Bruce as manager when asked about his future:

“The thing is with me is that I’ve made it clear a lot over the last year, but I respect the fans and the football club, and I’m not going to talk about it anymore now.

“I’m fully committed to the football club as I’ve proven over the last six months.

My commitment has never been faulted. Whatever happens, happens. I’m here, I’m playing pre-season games.”

However the situation turns out for Isaac, he will not be slated for leaving by most fans. He has acted very professionally under trying circumstances.

We do however hope that he and the club can make it work out and that he enjoys a successful career at Newcastle for years to come.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:31 AM

So has anything changed in Hayden’s personal situation that he maybe doesn’t want to leave? If his daughter is recovering that would be great news for him personally and for us!

Just hope he can keep up the levels he had since January

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:35 AM

It would be great if he stayed. We’d struggle to get someone as good as him in for the fee we would be able to command for him.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:39 AM

To all the shills/wums/trolls/A$$ Lie apologists, the below are a few things that we will never forget.

As supporters, we have crossed the Rubicon when it comes to our resolve in pursuing every means possible to rid ourselves of A$$ Lie :

“The Club admitted to the Tribunal that it repeatedly and intentionally misled the press, public and the fans of Newcastle United.”

Jonas Gutierrez on Mike Ashley:
    “Two things I learn from my illness, how you can support a player (the Newcastle fans) and how you leave a player alone (Mike Ashley).”

Undercover reporters employed at the Derbyshire SPORTS DIRECT facility discovered thousands of workers were subjected to an extraordinary regime of searches and surveillance, while local primary schoolteachers told the Guardian pupils would remain in school while ill – and return home to empty houses – as parents working at the depot were too frightened to take time off work.

Sports Direct branded a “scar on British business”

Shearer on the way Newcastle is being run: “It looks complete and utter chaos and the lack of communication from the club is embarrassingly bad. But the only thing official we have heard from the club this summer is, ‘We are putting season ticket prices up five per cent’ and ‘This is our new home kit’.”

Rafa Benitez on Newcastle’s communication policy: “I must say that I have had more meetings with the chairman, the president and the general manager this week than I had in three years at Newcastle.”

Kevin Keegan on Mike Ashley’s governance of Newcastle United : “They have made a toy out of Newcastle,” Keegan argues.
    “As much as it pains me to say it, I have no desire to be associated with the place for as long as that continues.
    “I will gladly return when they have gone.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:40 AM

Robleenio from yesterday, you were spot on when you surmised that repeating that paragraph multiple times was the point and not a typo. 🙂

• magscar

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:43 AM

repost sorry but it took time to type even without checking it and I just knew a bus would come along as I was doing it. It’s a genuine one take if overlong attempt to try to rationalise the mindset of a crowd

OP

You asked earlier why some fans don’t want to protest and if you will allow me my twopennyworth there are probably many reasons.

Folk on here mistakenly think it is a microcosm of the world of the match going fan with most holding the same populist view on here with anger against Ashley consuming everything else . As Bobby often posts many aren’t of that mindset.

Activists by their nature are different from the masses but can’t understand why others don’t feel things as deeply and sharply as they themselves do.

There are age and background differences.

Many won’t use social media outside of perhaps Facebook WhatsApp etc with their families and friends if at all.

Many go in small groups or just couples who don’t meet up with others before or after match and barely know the prop!e alongside them or behind or in front. Some go alone.

Many don’t engage with fellow fans outside of going to a game and talking about it or players right then

Many don’t like what they view as the “politics” of the situation and rightly or wrongly don’t believe that their actions can affect Ashley as they doubt enough other fans would join them in boycotting so they would be missing a match for no good reason.

Some have never missed a match for years and are proud of and protective of that record beyond what they see as a protest which won’t miss them anyway.

To many it is an essential part of their lives and they arrange holidays weddings etc around the season.

Some spend inordinate amounts of money and time even getting to home matches nevermind away games.

For some it is the only camaraderie in their lives

I could go on an on with my steam of consciousness ramble but essentially you are talking about over 50000 individuals with one shared interest but varying degrees of passion.

As I regularly post they will have individual thresholds which when crossed cause them to give up and they may not even be able to articulate what it is but will realise it when it arrives.

The demographics of the crowd especially away from the Gallowgate are very different to the crowds of the 60’s,70’s,and 80’s

Essentially activists don’t see that all don’t automatically feel as strongly or react as they do and need to find a way of reaching more of the fan base without putting them off and it will take time and yes buying a £40M player or 2 will assuage some of the upset fans feel.

Winning the hearts and minds of the match goers wont be done by labelling them sbeep, calling them stupid, blaming them only for Ashley still being here. It will only create an us and then and deepen divide.

I had thought that Rafa going would be the catalyst for many fans turning and it has been given the ST drop but once some fans have done that they have disengaged from the battle.

The fact there are so many different groups within TMG tells you that that not even all activists used to see things exactly the same.

It is a necessary coalition and hopefully can maintain it but NUST do seem to have a difference in their outlook.

We aren’t used to winning things like Liverpool say so there isn’t the automatic reaction to owners when things don’t go as we!l as fans want. Many fans haven’t seen us win anything (1969 the last trophy)

We do have a history of protest as fans of my generation will know but it was organic and before during and after matches – spontaneous in nature amongst standing swaying crowds of generally working class youths and men in their 20’s and 30’s, physically connected as well as in mind

It may be an intractable problem even to the extent casually stopping fans going to Arsenal match (may be across picket lines ) to seek opinion will be cold shouldered.

How many of us automatically sidestep people on Northumberland Street with clipboards or proffering leaflets ( or take and chuck after the merest glance at next available bin)

After the Rafa leaving effect has come and gone the next watermark will be a run of defeats but unlike last season’s opening 10 games there will little or no understanding show.

Perhaps the pickings will be greater then but I suspect a poor turnout for the Arsenal boycott ( if you get my meaning) could have a detrimental effect on going forward

• magscar

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:44 AM

Don’t know why I apologise when I then see Benbulbens umpteenth repost of the same one 🙂

• DubaiMicky

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:48 AM

Well said magscar.

• lochinvar

Jul 25, 2019 at 8:49 AM

Hayden and his family are very welcome here and I hope that he knows that. Not least of all because his attitude and conduct with passion for the stripes is recognised. His family will have a really good lifestyle up here and if ongoing medical care is needed for his daughter then the Freeman and the RVI have some of the best facilities and care anywhere, often world leading.

Might be an upheaval to start with if relocating extended family but we’re a friendly bunch and other players families will I’m sure play their part.

On a football note I can see him and Longstaff forging a great midfield engine house and with Miggy, Joelinton and Maximum ahead of them that’s an exciting proposition.

• JohnJ

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:58 AM

From previous thread….

Tony Baloney….. or is it Flockers!
    Jul 24, 2019 at 9:53 PM
    Rafa was (For NUFC) the best thing since sliced bread – had the fat shopkeeper listened to Rafa’s advice instead of choosing to go in another direction (Steve Bruce) I recon within two seasons we would have been pushing for a place in the top six of the EPL!
    Now I’d say within two seasons we will be down in the Championship and heading in the direction on Sunderland. we may hang around this season but just you wait and see………
    As a matter of interest I’ve always found the following to have valid & interesting posts.
    Online Guy
    Dubai Mickey
    Bam Bams
    Mund
    Elmanio
    along with many others.

The frog irritates me with his multiple posts but in the main I don’t feel he means to offend. Personally I just scroll down like many others do.
    Have a nice day.

Tony Baloney
    Jul 25, 2019 at 12:02 AM

JohnJ: you made that up. I never said that.

New post.

Hello Tony, I don’t make things up. Like lots of folk on the blog I have an opinion – I may be right but then again I may be wrong like everyone else you can chose to take my thoughts on or ignore them but my views are honestly held (even my friends call me “Honest John” behind my back!)

With regard to the so called “In the knows” I’m grateful for any little ray of sunshine that they choose to post – I have no doubt what so ever that they post their little gems in good faith – if it doesn’t materialise no harm done eh? At least it’s given me a little sunshine in the often dark world of the team I love!

BTW I agree with the frog re:- “Where has all the money gone”!

I just wish Toon22 would say what he wants in a post or two not the unending stream of………you know what.

PS…. I’d have Andy Carroll back as well but there seems to be a ? about one of his knees!

• Big Archie

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:05 AM

How seriously sad that some people – OK, BenbulbenMag – feel the need to go on yest another anti-Ashley rant in comments about Hayden staying.

Get a life mate, take this bollocks somewhere else where it might be appreciated.

New season, new manager and hopefully a couple of decent new players.

Support your club