web analytics

Former Striker Keen On Return To Newcastle

Lee Ryder is reporting as an exclusive that Andy Carroll is interested in making a return to Newcastle United.

He also reports that Steve Bruce would be open to Carroll’s return if he could prove his fitness.

It appears as though Andy has recovered from his latest ankle surgery. It was earlier reported that he also had a procedure performed to address the long-standing issues he has had with the ankle.

We feel that this is really a no-lose situation for the club. It’s good to have a few Geordies in the team and if Andy is brought in on reasonable wages, he could prove very useful in an area that we are somewhat short in at the moment.

Carroll could be seen as the replacement for Joselu. If Newcastle can get in some of the other attackers they are pursuing, Carroll could be an excellent option as a late game substitution to harass opposing defenders.

Also if the club could get in Liverpool’s Harry Wilson and Augsburg’s Philipp Max, Andy could get a lot of service from their set pieces and crosses.

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:56 AM

I’m coming home newcastle

• IrishRob

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Nearly first!!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Bas Dost next.

Charley Austin?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:58 AM

Don’t think anyone could ever replace Joselu, his ability to hit the corner flag from the centre of the goal is unrivalled.

AC coming back is a no brainer for me, even if we only got half a season from him and as Neil says, he’s the perfect target man.

• Madmag

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:59 AM

Santon3 on Previous post
    Do you realise you are taking your life in your hands to post such stuff here

Makes for interesting reading that’s for sure

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Tony

I really believe that Bas Dost, is a mythical creature a bit like the Yeti.

• optimistic prime

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:03 PM

I don’t give a toss what anyone thinks or says about Rafa.

My fight is with Ashley not Rafa Bruce or Nufc.

#boycottashley

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:05 PM

EGB: I think Abe thinks I am a mythical creature that dwells in the twilight between Dinnington and Chicago. Changed my avatar again just for him. Another picture I took.

• IrishRob

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:06 PM

Carroll and Austin for free would be two great brunch players, I have my doubts whether either would be effective anymore as first team players but there is very little risk bringing them in as cover for free, and you never know they could just improve.

St Maximin and Philly max are far more important players to be signing first though. Even though I’m pretty sure we wont be signing philly max, he seems just too good to be signing for Newcastle, especially when liverpool and barca are reportedly after him also.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Tony

Hiya JIB

605,000,000

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM

Madmag/Santon3

Aye you’ll be joining Munster on the naughty step! 🙂

Have to admit though I did think Rafa had a tad amount of tunnel vision over some players at times and in particular Joselu.

OK move over Munster make some room for me.

• jane

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:07 PM

i’m a Rafa fan but i don’t blame Ashley for him leaving. it’s life move on.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM

When do you think we will spend that 123 million we got from sky ?

Should we blame Rafa for that to ?

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

• cyprus

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM

AC, welcome back son!

Jumped the gun, did I.

• greatclubNUFC

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM

It’s disheartening the see the widening division among fans lately.

There’s one group advocating to boycott everything, which meant removing any purchases that benefit our greedy and unambitious owner, including his entities until he leaves.

And there’s the other group, who although are disapproving of him, would, to some extent, continue paying for kits, memorabilia, as well as tickets, amongst other things, unfailingly.

While no one can judge how one should support our club, but by continuing to spend on those aforementioned, is to ultimately contribute to his coffers, thereby ensuring his undesirable stay. And he likely will —for as long as we remain profitable.

For someone like him, apart from the honeymoon period in the first year and the club’s perceived financial stability, his ownership continues to be troubling. He is first and foremost a businessman, whose main concern is to ensure the profitability of his businesses.

Although profits and financial stability are both good for the club, but to pair them with the absence of any ambition is akin to slowly sapping the life out of any football club. Our club will head into a downward spiral with him at the helm. Hence, he is unfit to be the owner of our great club.

Moreover, at only 54 years old, he could theoretically, continue tormenting our club as the owner for another 30 years or so. Many times, smoke and mirrors have been employed to manipulate or deceive fans and this is especially evident when it comes to transfers and takeovers.

Therefore, I implore you to ask yourselves these questions:

“Am I willing to contend with another 12 or more years under his ownership?”
    “What are our chances of winning any silverware (if winning the Championship is excluded) under the current regime?”
    “Will I even get to experience the club winning any major trophies in my lifetime?”
    “How can I help in forcing him to leave our club?”

Personally, although I no longer attend our team’s matches at SJP, I continue to support them by watching their games at the local bar. I still go to the away games when I can, but I’ve also stopped buying any newer kits. However, I’ll be quick to admit that should our team get a good run in the cups; I won’t hesitate to attend those games at SJP.

And in my opinion, regarding those who have boycotted everything, including the team —in a bid to force him out; I do not think their actions lessen their love for the club over anyone else. I also strongly agree with a sustained boycott of him and his affiliated businesses. It should be one of the better and more peaceful ways, and we will need to press on with this —until he leaves.

While not just being a one city club, our club still enjoys a decent following in many parts of the world today; which many others can only dream of. However, this huge support is not guaranteed, especially considering how our club has been run so far. Furthermore, there is a real risk for our club to slip into global obscurity if this goes on.
    So, the time to take a stand and act is NOW, we must send him our clearest message yet: We want him OUT of our beloved club.

Lastly, our coordinated boycott of his other businesses as well will surely make his ownership of our club much less attractive. They are:

1) Sports Direct
    2) House of Fraser
    3) Flannels
    4) Slazenger
    5) Lillywhites
    6) USC
    7) Everlast
    8) Lonsdale
    9) Donnay Sports
    10) Kangol
    11) Karrimor
    12) The list goes on…

United as one, we are the Toon Army.

(Please repost this or edit; if, and as you deem fit)

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Oh

The PR strikes back

Hahahahaha hahahahaha

See ya Monday morning

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:09 PM

Old arse has turned into Mr tuff with his jib fixation.

• JP...from The Rock

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:10 PM

“this is really a no-lose situation for the club” – Neil this can be a lose situation for the club if or better said when he gets injured again, we are left a Striker short and still would have to cover his wages. Now if it’s in a pay as you play deal that would be better and we could perhaps get another Striker on for when he’s injured to have an extra body.

• ToonTime

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:10 PM

By all means boycott Mike Ashley if it floats your boat but don’t boycott Newcastle United, our players, our manager.

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:12 PM

Re Andy carroll.i thought the same as viduk.massive wages at the time but I thought we might get twenty games out of him per season.
    It was absolute disaster.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:25 PM

Will it ever end? Jane and Jib crop up at the same time. How can they deny they are the same person, except in drag?

• Phil K

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Whats the point if he plays 1 in 5 games ?