web analytics

Local Journalists Give Update On Transfer Target

Three local journalists are reporting issues with Newcastle’s pursuit of Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen.

Liam Kennedy has written in the Shields Gazette that Newcastle are unwilling to match the Hull’s £20m fee for the twenty-two-year-old.

Lee Ryder with the Chronicle also echoes those sentiments and has sent the following tweet on this development.

Keith Downie with Sky Sports is reporting that Jarrod Bowen is on the back burner for now. That may be due to the reported asking price.

We suspect that the top two targets right now are Nice’s Allan Saint-Maximin and PSG’s Stanley N’Soki who Newcastle currently have bids in for. We have yet to hear if either of the reported bids have been rejected though both are less than the asking prices of the players.

Both players did not feature in their pre-season friendlies today so that may be some good news.

Steve Bruce did not have too much information on the transfer front after today’s game. Mark Douglas from the Chronicle did tweet this about Bruce’s response on transfers.

• The next Mike Williamson

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:54 PM

Pay it. He will be worth 30-60 next year depending on how well he does. If he turns out to be another Tom Ince then we can sell him back to the championship for 15-20 anyway.

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 7:56 PM

Bruce said “we have a couple of irons in the fire”
    Unfortunately he went on to mention “crossing the line”
    🙁

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:00 PM

NUFC-83

I did say from what i could see of it, it looked well taken. Bearing in mind it was a youtube live video.

It looked like a solid shot to the GKs right and he guessed the correct way to save it. The shots often look worse when the GK gets it right and on this occasion he did.

Get a better idea when live highlights are shown on the NUFC site, if they are.

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:03 PM

Ashley’s refusing to pay the £20million asking price for Hull’s Jarrod Bowen and Hull won’t be too bothered – somebody else will!

• c-dog

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Class player

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:06 PM

Essex

Must say, I like your avatar. How does it translate? Is it f£&(\h off Ashley or some other ancient term?

Come on, put us out of our misery it there’s no plastic packed kippers for you when the time comes. Though I suspect kippers’ll be exctincf by the time Ashley bows out.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Business as usual

If you ignore all the chaos,and our club being a bigger shambles than evr before

Its groundhog day at the toon,its what Jabba wants from us every season from now on

Wheres the money gone ?

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:09 PM

After his “interview” and the reported utter shambolic state of affairs at everything he is involved in
    Can you see why were always short of money at the club ?
    Why we never seem to have the tv money to spend ?

We are a life boat for Jabbas tat shops,we are all he has that makes money

He will need to be removed from our club

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

I’m confused about this avatar malarkey.

It seems I can change my name and retain my avatar. I could keep my name and change my avatar.

So what’d stop me changing my name and my avatar thus becoming a seeming new poster when in fact I’d have created an alt that conceals my original ID?

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Toon22

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Boycott Ashley .
    I don’t have an avatar because it would give people a pre dispotion of what I’m like.
    Have you seen the avatars.the good the bad and the ugly.
    I have a dog aren’t I cute.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:16 PM

Lesh

Have to admit I didn’t think I’d managed to do it. It doesn’t show up on the PC.

I’ll check it out on the tablet or my phone and then explain exactly what it represents after I see if it has come out as i wanted it to.

give me a few minutes!

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM

Toon22

You might be barking up the wrong tree when it comes to Ashley’s check the accounts challenge. There’s probably nothing wrong with the accounts per sae, the question is why has he arranged things such that monies are paid SD for stocking merchandise, receiving a small commission on kit sales from SD, receiving a pittance for advertising from SD. There’ll be more money paid out to the likes of Bishop and other Ashley businesses – all above board and legal in audit terms but bloody unethical and unscrupulous in the eyes of laymen such as we lesser mortals.

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Jane avatar or not you are jib which makes you me lol
    Welcome to the matrix

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:20 PM

Lesh I think when you change your name and change it back, it doesn’t actually change on the posts you make. I’ll try it.

• Hiya JIB

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:21 PM

Observe

• oldarse

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM

lesh 13 Is that why the top nobs are on the run because there’s nothing going on mate.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:22 PM

?

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:23 PM

I’ll change my avatar now.

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Anybody with a lot of grey in their avatar is Jib or a derivative thereof.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:23 PM

No I won’t lol, I can’t be bothered to remember my gravatar password

• captainmarvel

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:25 PM

It looks like Ashley believed that making a “trophy” signing would be enough to get the fans buying his season tickets…
    Rafa reckoned Joelinton was over priced and wanted to use what funds were available to strengthen the team where he saw fit including buying Rondon…
    Ashley never respected Benitez for whatever reason, but between Benitez and Bruce there is only one winner, the other is a selling plater…

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:27 PM

oldarse

Bring back Tony from Dinn’ton that’s what I say…… >Thump!Ouch!< On second thoughts forget it

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:28 PM

I still only see 12 points from the first 14 matches. I don’t know where that will leave Brucie as far as Ashley is concerned. Possibly Ashley will begin to understand why we don’t want Brucie? I doubt it. He’s not that clever.

• oldarse

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Already have

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Rolando
    Gravatar password? What? Must’ve been pushed when I did mine

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:29 PM

I think this season, on the pitch, we are £#&@%/.
    Off the pitch, business as usual.
    Not feeling excited at all or have any sort hope for the season.
    Quite sad really.
    Think it’s why I haven’t cared or commented about pre season.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM

Remembered it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:31 PM

lesh

I’m amazed it worked. 🙂

The pattern between the borders is a copy of the Bind Rune I sent to Rafa a couple of seasons back. I call it The Toon Rune.

The original I burned onto a wood slice and sent with a letter explaining it’s meaning and intent. Don’t know what he did with it as I didn’t get an acknowledgement. Wasn’t expecting one as he was in that really bad run we were having but we did pick up after I sent it. Coincidence, who knows, but I certainly believe in them. 🙂

It has a combination of 6 different runes all with their own virtues and affects, I can explain in more detail at a later date.

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:32 PM

Test1

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:32 PM

Gravatars all changed.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:35 PM

ChicoUsa

There are you happy now? 🙂

• oldarse

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:35 PM

Essex Geordie Bill looks like a splattered spider

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Ronaldo

So what did you prove? I forgot what i asked now. Oh gawd.

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:40 PM

Essex

Interesting and I bet you’re chuffed with your new avatar.

Now, here’s a challenge for you, can you make one that’ll convince him it’s time to sell up to someone who wants to be old our club and then sod off and enjoy his own life

• Tsunki

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Essex your avatar looks like you borrowed some third world country’s railway company logo. Why don’t you invest heavily in a classy and understated one with about of panache? Like mine.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM

I know it is not safe for me to come on this blog thread, but here goes. Toon22 thinks I am Jib, or rather I think he pretends that he thinks I am Jib.

Some of the love Froggy is getting for his stance on Ashley is probably justified. However, that ignores some of the other stuff he says – specifically calling everybody an Ashley shill. You can come on here and say “I HATE ASHLEY” and the next words from the frog will be to call you KBA.

• lesh

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:43 PM

Ronaldo

What was the question I asked?

No, it’s too complicated…. Thanks anyway

• Genjikai

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:44 PM

That tweet from chopra that ed displayed where my words that he has used.
    You can get the message out.
    You can make a difference.
    Join us at the magpie group, we will make change happen, but it will take you to participate.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 8:44 PM

oldarse

Are you mocking magic, oh dear, be afraid, be very afraid!

I am of course joking,however!!!!!! 🙂

1 2 3 6