web analytics

Local Journalists Give Update On Transfer Target

Three local journalists are reporting issues with Newcastle’s pursuit of Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen.

Liam Kennedy has written in the Shields Gazette that Newcastle are unwilling to match the Hull’s £20m fee for the twenty-two-year-old.

Lee Ryder with the Chronicle also echoes those sentiments and has sent the following tweet on this development.

Keith Downie with Sky Sports is reporting that Jarrod Bowen is on the back burner for now. That may be due to the reported asking price.

We suspect that the top two targets right now are Nice’s Allan Saint-Maximin and PSG’s Stanley N’Soki who Newcastle currently have bids in for. We have yet to hear if either of the reported bids have been rejected though both are less than the asking prices of the players.

Both players did not feature in their pre-season friendlies today so that may be some good news.

Steve Bruce did not have too much information on the transfer front after today’s game. Mark Douglas from the Chronicle did tweet this about Bruce’s response on transfers.

• Tsunki

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:06 PM

Just a Fan. Erudite, classy, insightful. Some of the many words I wouldn’t associate with you.

• Tsunki

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:08 PM

So how do we think Ashley is going to explain away his Belgian Dip?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Here Geordie Two: to scatch your cartoon itch. NUFC made it into David Squires at The Guardian. I am not sure if I understand all of the references:

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Newcastle target Khedira, Another name to the list lads

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:11 PM

Tsunki

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Positive news: @MsiDouglas says that “Allan Saint-Maximin should be on board by the time the team take on St Etienne – and Stanley N’Soki could follow him”.
    They’d both be terrific signings, and a show of intent.
    He’s right though, we desperately need another striker too.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Why do you think Jabba uses Grant Thornton for everything ?

The judge said: ‘As the breaches of duty were admitted it is easy to lose sight of just how serious those breaches of duty were.

‘They consisted of a catalogue of failures over two audit years that were of the utmost gravity and that went to the very heart of an auditor’s duties and the “very thing” Grant Thornton admits it was responsible for but failed to do.’

He went on to state: ‘Those breaches of duty included a failure to exercise proper scepticism which would have led to the detection of dishonesty and prevention of fraud including representations and assumptions made by management during the course of the audit.

’These were the very matters that were allowing AssetCo to continue to trade in a dishonest manner.

LOL

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Tsunki
    Classy no
    Erudite don’t know what I means I’m from walker
    Insightful maybe I know you’re a nob

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:15 PM

The audit should be very interesting when complete. I would hope it would be a forensic audit. Plenty of reason to believe Mr. Tibbs has criminal intent vis a vis tax evasion at the very least.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:15 PM

“failure to exercise proper scepticism”

Is whats important here

The whole 605,000,000 is just a massive bonus,the nets closing in on him in our country too

hahahahahahahahaha

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:16 PM

kc2012

Good to see your match report and get your opinion of Miggy’s pen. which confirmed my opinion of it. I thought it was a very good save rather than a bad penalty effort, but only seeing it on youtube made me wonder!

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:16 PM

These were the very matters that were allowing “lets hope Jabba” to continue to trade in a dishonest manner

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:17 PM

Hope you and Douglas are right about that jazzy. I would love to have a Maximini in the squad.

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:17 PM

jazzy

please dont break the page

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:18 PM

What happens if Joelinton doesn’t adapt to the Prem well? And why wasn’t Gayle at the Preston match? No reason given? Possible sale coming for him to get money to pay for wor Maximini?

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:18 PM

Are you a retired Viking, Essex Geordie Bill?

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Hahahahaha…….I’ll stop now Beer

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:19 PM

Why do you think nobody wants to audit SD ?

They are going to get involved in an utter cluster duck of EPIC proportions

Just look at how Jabba runs his entire tat shop empire,off the hip without any real structure

What a massive shame

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:20 PM

Yes beermonkey is right jazzy. We’re trying to be right gloomy and fuggy on here and in you come like a ray of sunshine. Shame on you!!!

• Just a fan

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:20 PM

Tsunki Whisper this I dont what anybody to know
    I like Bruce
    And Rafa went for the Dollar
    I’m. So upset#

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:20 PM

G2

I welcome any transfer target in at the moment mate.As it stands with just the acquisition of Joelinton,It is looking dire at best

• oldarse

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM

Grant -Thorntons put me through bankruptcy many years ago when Thatcher was laying waste to the North of the country put many good businesses down breaking Unions propper Witch

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:21 PM

They will sell Gayle and get someone in last minuet on loan like usual
    Got to keep that net spend in the plus

😉

• kc2012

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Essex,

Yeah it was actually a well taken penalty but a very strong save by the PNE keeper. Our lot were all sat behind the goals we were attacking in the 2nd half so we had a proper view of it and also gave a decent view point on what Joelinton was upto.

I think he’ll be a hit for us.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Tony

Wallace did think it might be wenslydale.

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:23 PM

I have to admit I’m all fugged up by wor club….

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM

You see Grant Thornton is the key to getting Jabba
    The HMRC know this,even changed the law to help them

Once they get them to play ball its game over for Jabba
    He will end up in prison and we will be a saleable asset thats auctioned off

He wont have a say in how we are sold in the end,and it will end

HAHAHAHAHAHA

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM

jazzy

you think we will bring them in
    there is a lot of dead wood to get rid off

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM

G2

Sorry bud and I might join ya party once the transfer window slams shut if no more players come in.A week left to sort out this mess I agree and relying on an unknown to score the goals to keep us in the Pl

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:24 PM

And it all kicks off on Monday

Hiya KBA

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Its going to be ironic when were sold
    After all the non sales he wont have anything to do with it when were actually are

• jazzyp

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Beer

Yeah I do mate because without any incomings we are woefully short of options. The squad is as depleted as I’ve ever known. Maybe Ashley is beginning to realise the business he hates most is actually the one that could be the most successful

• IrishRob

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:29 PM

I dont like Bowen he never seems comfortable on the ball, it always looks like he was lucky to come away with the ball when in a tackle hes not very fast and his shot isn’t wonderful. He looks like he gets the ball caught up in his feet very clumsy looking. I’m not a fan. Maybe I haven’t seen enough of him. What does everyone else think??

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:29 PM

And if they dont act upon Jabba

They will undermine the whole investor/share system in this country

He is literally small fry,butwith a nice big profile due to his involvement with us
    A nice big global advert

Just not the one he wanted

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:31 PM

TOF

Who knows perhaps in a former life I was.

Always had a yen for a bit of pillaging and err, other stuff! 😉

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:32 PM

kc2012

Were you with the Scunnymags?

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:34 PM

EGB,
    Do you read Bernard Cornwall by any chance?

• Our Toon

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:34 PM

We need more than 1 or 2 new signings but if they are of significant quality to what we already have then I’d take 2

• ronaldo aarons

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:34 PM

Who reckons dubravka will be off?

• GeordieTwo

Jul 27, 2019 at 9:35 PM

It’s ok jazzy I know how you feel mate. I think there is still time to get couple in (or more hopefully) but there will be loan players among that lot and we will have to sell a couple as well. And please don’t tell me Ginger Jack is going to feature in the midfield. I think we actually have some depth there.