web analytics

Local Journalists Give Update On Transfer Target

Three local journalists are reporting issues with Newcastle’s pursuit of Hull City’s Jarrod Bowen.

Liam Kennedy has written in the Shields Gazette that Newcastle are unwilling to match the Hull’s £20m fee for the twenty-two-year-old.

Lee Ryder with the Chronicle also echoes those sentiments and has sent the following tweet on this development.

Keith Downie with Sky Sports is reporting that Jarrod Bowen is on the back burner for now. That may be due to the reported asking price.

We suspect that the top two targets right now are Nice’s Allan Saint-Maximin and PSG’s Stanley N’Soki who Newcastle currently have bids in for. We have yet to hear if either of the reported bids have been rejected though both are less than the asking prices of the players.

Both players did not feature in their pre-season friendlies today so that may be some good news.

Steve Bruce did not have too much information on the transfer front after today’s game. Mark Douglas from the Chronicle did tweet this about Bruce’s response on transfers.

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:22 PM

cheers jib

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:23 PM

Abe: you are getting really sweary. You might want to stop.

• bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:27 PM

Jib, I thought that you were going to refrain from name calling and insults?

I know it is difficult sometimes when it is obvious that there is little between a posters ears, but try to maintain some dignity.

• oldarse

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:29 PM

Now everybody can see the tie-up Jib dick head and this Baloney concoction double act thank MUGS got you at last

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:30 PM

nicky

we should have bought rondon back in for 16.5mill

to me joelinton and so far no proven goal scorer in the team is a big gamble

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Used to be NY mag

Tony seems to be the replacement

Funny how you seem to think the accounts are mint

lol

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Who am I? Come on people, humour me on a Saturday night.

I’ll change the prize as I’ve realised its not much incentive to win..

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:31 PM

OP ?

• Belfast

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:34 PM

Ketsbia

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:35 PM

Whoops
    Similar monikers

Oldgit1
    Jul 27, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    Match is being televised on NUFC official site for free.

Apologies Oldarse

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Abe: calm down. You will give yourself an aneurism.

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:36 PM

bill

You are correct
    I’m better than that
    sorry

• Belfast

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:36 PM

Can I swap the photo for a topless one of his wife though ? That’s more up my street.

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:38 PM

Belfats immediately lowers the tone of the blog

😀

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Belfats wins another pic. Im sure ive already sent you a few but have one more mate ahahah

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:39 PM

Yeah, I agree Beermonkey, we should have bought both, with Joelinton replacing Perez in the 11, and leading the line if Rondon is injured or suspended. N’soki mightn’t be such a risk because we have Ritchie to play if he struggles. I’d go for Bowen before St Maximim, because he grafts.

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:40 PM

Fate up against your will, through the thick and thin.

This sums up supporting toon these days..

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Frog: I am not trying to give anybody an accounting/tax lecture, that seems to be what you have decided as one of your missions. I have watched what the Fat Man has done at H of F as I was trying to work out what his game was. Department stores have been failing in the US for ages and I was wondering how Ashley would try to turn them around. I think he will fail with H of F.

• Belfast

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Yay!

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:43 PM

Hoes tricks anyways marrow, just rolling back the years

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:47 PM

But… Ashley isn’t leaving. The boycott will not work. Leave Charnley’s family alone.

Hopefully, they will stick to their word this time and we will see a few players come in.

I could care less about Colback and Saivet. Some on here dwell on them being at the club, and being a problem but I am sure they will be loaned out. Colback only has a year left so he is a non-issue of you ask me.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:48 PM

Echo and the Bunnymen.

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:51 PM

nicky

if we bring in nsoki where will we play ritchie moving him back seemed to suit him at this stage of his career

under rafa we had a pretty balanced squad if we go back to buying the way we did our squad will become unbalanced very quickly
    we have a limit on what we will spend for me we need attackers i would leave our full backs for this season

not sure how murohys loan went in the end but i saw him against wet spam i wouldnt mind seeing him pick up subs and some starts

• Tsunki

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:52 PM

I’ll back Eric up here I am definitely prepared to believe he is certified.

Just a fan – don’t tell anyone else but me… How do you like your new bridge? Bit pointless isn’t it but it’s nice and white which is the main thing.

• Tsunki

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Eric doesn’t know what effect a boycott or several boycotts will have. It’s his opinion that it/they won’t, and that’s all it is, an opinion. Based on the shoddy display he’s made of those to date it’s probably best to be sceptical.

However what is a FACT! Is that NOT doing them will definitely not work.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:55 PM

You want them off the payroll, and you don’t want them taking a spot in the 25 that could go to someone who’ll figure. I want them moved on, deadwood has been a millstone round the sides neck for the whole of Ashley’s tenure. Historically, on average we seem to have had around 30 senior players on the books season to season, about 13 of which really we’d have preferred weren’t.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Tony Baloney

Can you do me a favor and pretend your watching the golf on Monday morning ?

LOL

See the PR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Tsunki: you can call me Sykesy if you want.

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Tony wins a bonus prize. Charnley postcard showing a bit of ankle.

‘Killing moon’ at full whack is a sonic treat.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Run from it
    Dread it
    Monday still arrives

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:00 PM

As on Monday its out of Jabbas hands

His beloved SD will probably be suspended from trading on the LSE

It wont matter wha the does as he has the whole company in such an utter shambles nobody will be able to save him or his tat shops

Its where reality meets his ego

See ya on Monday

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Beer I think we need two left wing backs on the books for sure, Ritchie and one more brought in, If Ritchie isn’t starting, he’d be handy off the bench. I wouldn’t be inclined to start him anywhere but left wing back.

On Murphy, we need at least 7 attacking players, and for me he’d be one of them, but again not a starter, from what we’ve seen up to now, apart from injury or suspension.

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Im taking the day off
    Ive decided i want to be there

When he has it all taken from him

Wish i could get to London to see it in person

😉

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:02 PM

nicky

its the floored policy of buying cheap potential and 5 year deals
    we never seem to just cut them loose when it doesnt work out

according to some on here alot of dead wood should have been cut loose because we did something in the accounts yet there all still here so what was that imortalization of contracts i think it was i was a big sum of money

• Ketsbaia9

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:04 PM

Paul Scharner is a legend. We could do with him instead of Lascelles in our back-line.

We definitely need to sign at least 8 new players next week. We should go for:

Sidibe – £13m
    N’Soki – £9m
    Lemina – £20m
    Harry Wilson – £20m
    Allan Saint-Maximin – £18m
    Jarrod Bowen -£14m (utilise as a second striker)
    Mateta – £35m
    Abel Hernandez – Free

Total spend = £129m

Sell/Loan:

Colback – £1m
    Clark – £7m
    Manquillo – £4m
    Dummett – £8m
    Hayden – £15m
    Gayle – £20m
    Murphy – Loan

Total = £55m

Net spend = £74m

I would keep Saivet, Aarons and Lazaar and give them a chance.

We need to replace Kenedy, Rondon, Diame and Perez

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Almiron, Joelinton, Rondon, Bowen, Muto, Murphy, Atsu, wouldn’t be a bad group of forwards to take into a season.

• Toon Tang

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:05 PM

My lord the legend has returned hahaha bloody hell did I do some voodoo cult subliminal stuff then or what?

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Ketsbaia9

Thats about 70 million over budget

• Tony Baloney

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:07 PM

immortalization of contracts? Zeus.

I know it was the text fixer thing on phones. If not, I will help out. It is amortization.

• beermonkey

Jul 27, 2019 at 11:07 PM

nicky

so is dummet a left sided centre back now is he a starter with laschelles schar linguine all fit if we are going to stick with 3 cb at the back we need 5 and maybe one coming through the u21s

clarke needs to be offloaded