web analytics

Newcastle In Move To Capture Recently Scouted International

The Sun’s Alan Nixon is reporting as an exclusive that Newcastle United are trying to push through a deal for Amiens right-back Emil Krafth.

On Thursday, it was reported that Newcastle had scouted both Jarrod Bowen and Emil Krafth when Amiens travelled to play Hull City in a preseason friendly.

We heard earlier today that Newcastle have been put off from pursuing Bowen due to Hull’s £20m asking price. This is a very high fee for a player who has just one year left on his contract but with an option for an extra year.

Newcastle are looking to get the Swedish 24-year-old for just £1m. However this is only half of the fee Amiens paid to Bologna for the player this summer when they took up an option to buy after having him on loan last year.

So Newcastle will most likely have to increase their fee to at least match the price Amiens paid for him. We would also expect that Krafth would be very interested in moving to the Premier League and Newcastle.

Emil Krafth– 20 caps for Sweden

This would be a decent move by Newcastle as they do have two capable right-backs in DeAndre Yedlin and Javier Manquillo. So bringing in some additional cover in that area may be worthwhile especially as the fee does not look to be too high.

It might not be feasible for the club to do a big deal for a right-back this summer. So to solidify the position with Krafth could prove to be a savvy decision.

With time running down on the transfer window, Newcastle are currently working on two big transfers in Stanley N’Soki and Allan Saint-Maximin. Both players reportedly are very keen to join.

It also looks like the Allan Saint-Maximin deal could be completed in the next few days according to Mark Douglas.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Yeah, his figures aren’t great, but for sure he’s never had a good EPL squad before, you have to recognize that, if you’re being fair to him. If we give him a good group of pro’s, with a bit of quality, and the right depth and balance, then I’d expect we’d be competitive. I think we’d be a bit more open and have a go, and be okay, but he needs the right group.

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Tony,

I’ve known a few of my colleagues get into serious financial troubles over the years from shorting stocks……not recommended.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Wonder why Jabba was buying em back at such a rate ?
    He knew this was going to happen
    He could have sold us to raise the capital to do that , but no we’re too valuable

Tony

They will suspend them before that
    You seem to have gotten

Hahahahaha

See ya Monday

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:41 AM

NY Mag: Froggy is talking about a SD tax case that was disclosed yesterday where the Belgians are asking for 655 million euros in back taxes, fines and penalties.

Which they wont get.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:42 AM

Sugar coating the GIANT turd SD have become

Honestly

I took the day off as a holiday

Can’t wait

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:43 AM

Tony,

Of course they won’t..I’d be surprised if SD pay more than 20% of the quoted figure

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Tony

I wish I was as big a toon fan as you obviously are

As you well know , tat direct we’re already in a terrible position
    This is such a big possible liability it leaves the shares worthless
    It’s going to be carnage on Monday
    Or are we to believe the announcement late Friday had nothing to do with the LSE

Hahahahaha

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Frog: if the shares become worthless then you make even more money. You sell at a pound and buy back at zero. The perfect scenario in a short sale.

As NY Mag (and I) said it is very risky and you really need some inside information that there was fraud to be doing this.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:46 AM

So Jabba buys them all up
    Is that making the liability go away?

Hahahahaha

See ya Monday

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:47 AM

All it actually means is the sum owed is fully in Jabbas direction

Nowhere to hide

Like you didn’t already know that

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Lesh: I would guess that NYMag knows what a Certified Financial Planner is and also knows that if I say I have had a Series 7 license for over 20 years that I am not on a wind up.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:48 AM

Since Jabba will have to use all he has to buy them

Explain where he might find half a billion ?

Hahahahaha

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:49 AM

Tony

Tell me again how you support the toon

Not much point though is there

Hahahahaha

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:50 AM

toon22,

Sports direct are buying back shares because that’s what they committed to do – any company that pays stock based compensation to employees are diluting the companies value for other shareholders.
    They can do one of two things (or both), of course) :-
    Eiither pay a dividend to shareholders (which SD don’t do)
    Or buy back shares to decrease the dilution rate of giving out shares in the first place.

They have to inform ‘the market’ upfront of their intenetions…there nothing sinister in this, it’s just a corporate strategy.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Toon22. You have no idea what I was talking about. That’s my problem for not explaining properly. Sorry about that. But I won’t explain again because I can’t be bothered to.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Froggy: I support the Toon because I was born in Newcastle and went to see the team from when I was 12 and have followed them ever since, no matter what country I live in.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:53 AM

It’s never Jabbas fault

NY

Yeh right

That 605,000,000 is irrelevant

Who would have guessed

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Tony

Read that back

If you didn’t tell me I would honestly have no idea you support the team

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Tony,

My profession is nothing to do with finance- it’s more like a hobby (so I can’t confirm or deny anything you say about professional qualifications).
    Although, I have no reason to doubt you whatsoever.

I’ve always chatted to you on this blog, and have treated you with respect.
    I did not agree with your hounding of other bloggers, however, there is nothing wrong with your logic reasoning.

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Hahahahaha

Yeh the accounts are mint and that half a billion liability won’t do jack on Monday at the LSE

The fact Jabba has been buying up shares is him being a considerate boss

Hahahahaha

That’s a bit poor guys

2/10

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Wish I worked for Jabba

Hahahahaha

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:00 AM

toon22,

We both speak the language right?

I asked you what the 605,000,000 meant (because I didn’t know)

You reply that i think it’s irrelevant……how can I possibly think its irrelevant when I don’t know what it is?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:03 AM

NY Mag: I felt hounded myself on here and hit back at some others. Whether I was right or not I will NOT leave others on here to judge because I have ALREADY been judged by some who I think are bullies on here.

No matter.

Next few weeks should be interesting, especially after the Ashley interview. I will be back on and expect flak from Abe, Tsunki and Lesh, who gave me a hard time from the start.

I sort of regret what I said to Dubai Micky though. Ashley is just so full of shyte that DM could easily have believed what his contacts said and they and he were duped by the Fat Man.

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:05 AM

Toon22 / Tony,

I apologize, I was so “focused” on writing comments rather than reading – I missed the comment that explained everything.
    The 605,000,000 is re : the Belgian tax bill.

My bad, sorry guys

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:06 AM

NY mag

Google it
    Basically the EU thinks SD owe them unpaid tax on online sales
    It’s not really relevant the specifics

It’s just what we needed

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:07 AM

Tony

Please pretend to be watching the golf Monday morning

Hahahahaha

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:08 AM

Tony

Ashlie knows that the High street is dead or dying, he said that himself when he went up before a select committee, don’t know if you saw it but it was a very belligerent response by him to questions put to him.

I think he’s taken a massive gamble and possibly still believes he can pull it of and as you said (I think) empty shops are a blight on towns and cities so councils may well bend rules to see them put to use.

He is very cunning so despite what some people want he could yet come out smelling of roses.

Be great if he has to sell the club to underwrite any ventures he attempts.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:09 AM

NY Mag

I think the needle may have got stuck again!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Toon22 if you are right, what you do is:

Borrow shares of SD on Monday morning your bank and then immediately sell them. You have a liability of those shares, or that money to the bank.

Then later in the day you buy the shares back at a much lower cost and give them back to the bank and pocket the difference.

If you sell in the morning at 100p and buy in the afternoon at 50p and give it back to the bank that loaned you the shares you will have made a 50p profit. PER SHARE.

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:11 AM

See ya Monday Tony

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Your on about short selling ?

Fill ya boots

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:12 AM

Tell me again how you support the toon

Hahahahaha

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:13 AM

This kid for One Million, one Million is a joke right.
    I mean Trevor Francis signed for Forrest back in 79 for One Million.

What’s next, Subbuteo demonstrating the live games on NUFC TV.

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:16 AM

toon22 @ 65,

Thanks for explaining…I get it it now

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:16 AM

NY Mag

Sounds like you and ChicoUsa had a great day, wish I could have been there!

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:18 AM

I am trying to tell you how to make some money on SD tanking if you are so sure about it Froggy.

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Bill,

We did, it was an absolute pleasure – a far cry from venom that populates this blog (sometimes)

• NY Mag

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:23 AM

Bill,

Be careful what you wish for……next time I fly into Heathrow and have some time, I might rock up on your doorstep 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:32 AM

NY Mag
    Please do, just give me some advance warning. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:38 AM

Nostradamus

You never know signing this Swedish guy could be a Krafthy move!

Sorry someone had to say it! 🙂