web analytics

Newcastle To Win Race For Top Prospect

Alan Nixon of the Sun is reporting that Newcastle have won the race to sign young former Bolton goalkeeper Jake Turner. Turner is a free agent after he did not renew his contract with the Wanderers who are in acomplete mess at the moment.

Jake Turner was a top prospect who was being sought by Everton and Manchester United in 2018. At one point, Bolton even put a £4m when he was just 18 and yet to make any first-team appearances. He has been capped for England at the U19 level.

His star has waned a bit over the past year but hopefully, Newcastle can turn him into a top goalkeeper. This is a very good signing for Newcastle and Turner could be an exciting one for the future.

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

I’ve been reading this blog since Rorkes Drift
    and I must agree with the Scythe

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

At least it wasn’t 6-0 to some crappy London club. 🙂

• toon22

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:52 PM

JIB

Sports Direct was required by the FRC to hand over documents relating to its auditor, Grant Thornton. The material requested included a document containing legal advice which Sports Direct had shown to Grant Thornton during the course of the audit, but which Grant Thornton had not retained. Sports Direct resisted the request on the grounds that the material was protected by privilege.

Tick..tock..tick..

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:53 PM

I think Almiron has just lost the penalty takers job
    😀

• Jib

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM

toon22
    A great excuse not to talk footy on a NUFC footy blog
    while NUFC are actually playing a game

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM

I’ve was following this blog when Ed was using cave paintings and I agree with Jib and scythe. 🙂

• Our Toon

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:55 PM

Toontime

Believe it or not but it’s possible to support something or someone no matter where you are in the world. I dont need to go to SJP and give Ashley my money to show support for my team.

The best analogy I can think of is…..if someone you loved was addicted to drugs or is an alcoholic would you be an enabler and assist them in destroying all they have?

Or would you step in and cut off money and get them the help they need by taking actions that you know will hurt them?

That’s how I view this, I support the team no doubt about it, I will not support the regime with my money though and I wont contribute to Ashley as that sends out the wrong message. Players arent daft they know how the fans feel.

Might be a bit strong as an analogy but hey ho

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:56 PM

From what I saw of the pen it looked like a good save rather than a bad pen.

• geordietom

Jul 27, 2019 at 4:57 PM

shoot me down if you want . there was a match on all be it was a friendly not once did TOON22 mention anything about the game . he just puts on his same old same old . TOON22 call your self a NEWCASTLE FAN !!!

Neil if your their you have been sending e-mails to certain person/persons can you send one to TOON22 and ask him to stop calling people shills pr ect on here . Neil whats good for one is good for the other …

• hibbit

Jul 27, 2019 at 5:09 PM

how can any one comment on a game there not watching ??????????