web analytics

Newcastle Can’t Bring Players In Or Ship Players Out

The Sun’s Alan Nixon is reporting that Newcastle are trying to offload Dwight Gayle but are having issues with even setting up a loan deal for him due to his high wages.

This could be an issue for Newcastle with players like Gayle, Jack Colback, and Henri Saivet. The squad is too big at the moment but lacking in key areas. They also have Championship level players on Premier League level wages.

It’s certainly not an ideal situation for a club that in reality needs to add at least another four players by the end of this window.

If Gayle is to leave, which seems to be what the club is trying to achieve, he will need to be replaced. He could command a decent fee of around £15m which could be used to secure his replacement.

Dwight Gayle– wages will always be a problem

However, time is of the essence and we just can’t see Newcastle being able to get deals done quickly. They’ve messed about over Allan Saint-Maximin for near a week now.

They just have too many players who likely aren’t good enough and some that we truly just don’t know enough about. It seems like right-back Jamie Sterry will need to go out on loan and we just have not seen enough of Henri Saivet or Achraf Lazaar to really know what they can bring.

However, the fact that they have yet to make any impact in the first team over the past three years does make you think they just aren’t of the required standard.

We expect a lot of news over the next few weeks about ins and outs with this squad. There is a lot that needs to happen in so little time.

This squad needs shaping and it needs to start happening immediately.

• Jib

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Xavi Baez is a Mexican footy player
    Javi Baez is from Puerto Rico

• Genjikai

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Your still name dropping me… scared incase the boycott works?

• toon22

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Why would the PR think a boycott is a good idea ?

• oldarse

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Balooney Blackadderish or Jiberish wich is it

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:46 PM

Roll on Monday pleeeaaassse, so we can put toon22s obsession to bed, he must have said 605.000.000 at least 605.000.00 times.

• toon22

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Let’s see what calamity befalls SD on Monday

Hahahahaha

• toon22

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:47 PM

605,000,000

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:47 PM

I wouldn’t be shocked if no new signings came in now, with MA bullshit interview saying feel sorry for me as I jump into my welicopter, the agents fees, the players cost so much, my billionaire bank account is hurting.

Go tell someone that cares, if you don’t like how football works get the fcuk out of our club.

• Genjikai

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:48 PM

Nostradamus well said

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:50 PM

OK, fine. And Kris Bryant also plays for the Cubs but he has a girl’s name. He was MVPof the league, a couple of years ago and I still think he might be called “CHRIS”.

• toon22

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:51 PM

Hiya JIB

24/7 for you today ?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Abe. It is Baloney. It means foolish or deceptive talk. Nonsense.

The word is derived from a mashed up sausage type meat that came from Bologna and comes from the worst cuts of meat and the end bits.

• IrishRob

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Wow everyone of ye are talking complete nonsense again this morning/afternoon. Well done lads lol lol lol lol

• Our Toon

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Toon22

I’d love for SD to be in major trouble and ashley to be majorly worried about it but it wont happen. They’ll pay a fraction of what taxes are owed, look no further than Amazon, Google etc here in the UK, even Starbucks.

These companies threaten to take business out of the country which is ultimately a bigger loss than recouping owed taxes.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 12:59 PM

I really did consider phony baloney.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:01 PM

Tony/Munster, yes and Catchy as well

Kudos for continuing to fight your cases but you have been categorised and compartmented so reasoned arguments will be ignored and spat upon.

Past misdemeanours no matter how misunderstood or minor they might have been are the shite that sticks and will always be the sticks bought out to beat you with.

Continue to put forward good comments but be prepared for the negative reactions you will get.

Tony your big mistake and I’m not trying to beat you with this stick, was going after Bobby, a simple apology even at this point will possibly be a good idea, even if you do feel reluctant to concede that point.

Anyway i’m now donning my helmet and flak jacket! 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:02 PM

605.000.001

• Our Toon

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:03 PM

Toon KK

Ashley saying he’ll own us for life makes me think he’s not happy at all with the numbers for arsenal game or talk of a boycott. He’s tried to be on the charm offensive with comments about rafa, fake transfer stories or low ball bids. Fake sheikh who’s got no money and seems to have disappeared since ramadan came to an end.

Breaking transfer record on our only real signing for the first team, none of this has got the punters to flock back so now it’s tough love act of I ain’t going nowhere and you’ll have this for life threat. It’s all about who blinks first, keep the faith and boycott arsenal, send a proper message to him that enough is enough!!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:04 PM

as for Macarthey, noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! that’s not enough to break the blog is it?

• griff

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:06 PM

Neil and Ed. I think it is time.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Our Toon

Ashlie can’t blink he’s an alien!

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Have you been on the mulled wine, EGB, you old Viking? You seem a bit berserk.

• Our Toon

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Essex

Hear hear mate, spot on with all you said @96. Sensible debates are a thing of the past unfortunately, I honestly think Munster was balanced in terms of his views on rafa, will be interesting to see if bruce is treated any different.

I can guarantee that catchy and munster wont treat bruce any different to rafa but will the others?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:12 PM

What would be funny would be a straight swap deal, MacCarthey for Colback. Who’d get the better deal?

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Well, I reckon we need to bat to at least 7 so should leave all spinners out, This Dukes red ball plays like fast off spin anyway. Neither team will get above 300-325 whoever wins the toss. It will go 4 days so you don’t NEED a spinner. I have no idea who will win this series. But, C’mon England and Jimmy. Last matches for the best England bowler to have ever played the game.

• Jib

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:14 PM

The overrated Frenchman
    Have you been on the mulled wine, EGB, you old Viking? You seem a bit berserk.

He’s actually the only one talking any sense

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:15 PM

EGB: did you ever read what Bobbybee said when he first came on this blog? He was the most aggressive and belligerent person ever. Much more than me.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:17 PM

TOF

Aye, painting on my woad, (I do actually grow it) and biting my shield. 🙂

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:17 PM

Also: EGB: Bobbybee’s health issues have nothing to do with why I disagree with his boycott change of mind.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:19 PM

C’mon Jimmy.

• The overrated Frenchman

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:19 PM

It was “spat upon” and “sticks brought out to beat you with” that caught my attention,

• Big Archie

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:20 PM

Wheres all this “Rafa didn’t want to loan Gayle out last year” garbage coming from?

Rafa didn’t rate him in the prem and didn’t want to play him. How does that translate into not wanting to loan him out?

• toon kk

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Our toon
    I was thinking the same, he’s trying the bribe game, basically if that doesn’t work its a case of fk you I’m here to stay. He knows fans love their football and I’ve given you so much and this is the way it is for the foreseeable future.

The sad fact is he’s right, Newcastle fans will drift back in time, how quickly will depend on results.
    Ash will know we’re in danger of relegation so I expect a few new faces to come in before the window shuts.

• hibbit

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:21 PM

Our Toon
    don’t be falling back into your old ways, you of all people know you cant guarantee anything in football especially were NUFC are involved 😉

• hibbit

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:24 PM

toon kk
    do you really think it’s time to knock the fans even before a balls kicked ????

• Essex Geordie Bill

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:26 PM

Tony
    I always rated Bobby as a very eccentric but loveable character who did go on his rants, I did what most of us did and either read his comments, ignore them or skip through them, they did me no harm and you can’t deny his passion for the club.
    His underlying frustration at not being able to support them as he wanted to was evident from his posts due to his health situation.
    Your pursuit of him was totally unwarranted in my opinion and i’m sure you must realise this.
    A simple apology would pour a lot of oil on troubled waters.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:27 PM

I am currently only reading 25-30% of the comments posted.

• toon kk

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:29 PM

Hibbit
    Back off pal, no I’m not having a go at the fans, it’s just the way it is. Fans that don’t renew season tickets or return to SJP will be replaced by someone else.
    Sometimes the truth hurts.

• Tony Baloney

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:31 PM

I reckon Bruce will do OK. Could be really good IMO.

• Lindisfarne

Jul 28, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Lee Ryders match report from yesterday could be a copy n paste article for the rest of the season.