web analytics

Bruce Gives Positive Updates On Two Players

Steve Bruce has responded to speculation on the futures of two Newcastle players – Ciaran Clark and Martin Dubravka. He gave the comments after last night’s win at Hibernian.

The BBC’s Matthew Raisbeck has tweeted the following comments about central defender Ciaran Clark who has been linked with moves to both Crystal Palace and Bristol City over the past few days.

It is very sensible by Steve Bruce to want to keep Ciaran at the club. He has loads of experience and has always been a reliable player.

Newcastle just cannot afford to risk being short in any areas this season. Even though there is strength in depth at centre-back, a couple of injuries could change that very quickly.

Raisbeck also noticed that Steve Bruce pulled Ciaran Clark aside as the team arrived at Easter Road. Could this be Bruce telling Clark of the situation?

The Shields Gazette’s Miles Starforth tweeted out the following about goalkeeper Martin Dubravka.

This one has us a bit concerned and until the window closes we are not going to have relief over Martin’s future. We need to keep him at the club no matter what.

The gulf in quality between him and the other keepers at the club is enormous. We just don’t have faith in the club’s ability to replace him adequately if he does leave.

• G

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:58 AM

I wouldn’t be too concerned if KC left for more regular games, but if Dubs went, it would be a disaster.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM

Great post from Madmag earlier and absolutely spot on.

According to the real sheep on here – the one’s who blindly follow the the nonsense that NUFC are a basket case,,,,

The fans who attended the Hibs game last might + all those who turn up at the Arsenal game + all those who have renewed their season tickets + all those who will continue to support the team not the regime + all those who in anyway disagree with the neggers + all those who don’t add ‘Ash;ey is a FCB’ to every post…

According to the doomster sheep flock, all of these fans are apathetic, spineless morons too thick not to be fooled by Ashley PR.

The arrogance and stupidity of these thicko’s is there for all to see,

But, behind the constant drivel of the majority on this blog – including the editors – I think the majority of Toon fans feel exactly the opposite and agree more or less 100% with what Madmag has said below.

Madmag – I’ve got to say that reading last night’s blog the only person who consistently posts common sense posts on this blog is Jib. I don’t always agree but I do understand just why he is the blogs Nemesis, he is constantly trying to make some of you think rationally which is very difficult in this blog whose inhabitants (and Authors) seem more like a lynch mob rather than fans of a football club. I’m off, the atmosphere is so toxic I’m afraid it could contaminate me.

Ed/Neil You can put my IP on your banned list, oh hang on you don’t have one
    ?

I’d like to suggest to you that if you post many more inflammatory articles there is a distinct that one of the nutters on here might do something stupid.

• Tsunki

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:59 AM

Ha ha ha through tears i might add – worthless shambolic posters acting as Ashley’s hounds hypocritically accusing others of apathy what a joke.

• hibbit

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:02 AM

a lot of posters now turning there attention to Ed & Neil, you have to wonder what there agenda is and what there ultimate aim is ???????????

divide and conquer disrupt and destroy

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:06 AM

Tsunki,

Every fan that attends a Toon game, every goal we score, every win, every point, every signing…

Will be ramming it down the throats of you and your bunch of fellow misery men.

I’ll be laughing my stones off every time.

Have a nice day – if that’s possible for a misery man.

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:09 AM

hope to f..k we win games and win with style . shut the doubters up …

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Hello bills

What utter rubbish
    Twaddle on an epic scale

I find it hard to believe you actually support the toon
    To be honest I find it hard you actually like any sports

The voice of KBA

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:12 AM

Horray for Jabba

Let’s hope he stays forever

We win one game and all those years of lies and asset stripping is forgotten?

You’d have to be an utter moron to think that

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:13 AM

Hibbit, exactly.

It’s always the same few trolls/shills/mackems insert whatever moniker you want there.

Their bumbling ineptitude and transparency is good to see, I’m glad that the proponents of Ashley are as inept and as Walter Mitty esque as their master is.

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:14 AM

The JIBS are PR

Their desperation shows the state we are in

• IrishRob

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:15 AM

Another day of fighting and arguing, yay!!

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:16 AM

As for NUFC being a laughing stock,

I’ve emailed a link to this blog to about 20 people I know who don’t support NUFC – and support teams from Liverpool down to Blyth Spartans.

They are LAUGHING THEIR FACES OFF at the ridiculous, nonsensical, exaggerated idiocy of the doomster misery men.

YOU boys are making this club a laughing stock.

Hahaha,haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

And – if the best you can come back with is that I am on Ashley or KBA’s payroll – that will only give us all another massive, humungous, belly laugh.

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:16 AM

The fans vs the PR

• Toon222

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Toon22

He doesnt support nufc, stevie wonder would c that ffs

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:16 AM

funny aint it Tsunki comes on then followed by the Frog …

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:17 AM

Bills

Nobody but KBA and Jabba care about you or your opinions

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:18 AM

Bills

It’s never Jabbas fault

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM

When do you think we will spend the tv money ?

• Toon222

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:19 AM

Aye just as funny as the pr followed by u geordietom

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:20 AM

tripple 2 …

behave will you, P.R. do the get paid ? …

• Mund

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:23 AM

repost

The greatest manager ever in my eyes, a truly inspirational man. I fell in love with the man when he came home and took us back to the lofty heights of the champions league but a very disgusting and unforgiven end to his time at Newcastle. I read earlier Carver saying when we got knocked out of Uefa semis when Drogba tore us apart, after the game Douglas Hall tore into Sir Bobby screaming at him in front of everyone. Makes me feel completely sick how this great man was treated and Carver finished off by saying he could never take another job afterwards. What a terrible end to a complete legend he deserved far more respect and the likes of Hall should bow to a man of his calibre and stature.

Saying all that i will always smile and have fond memories of the great man everytime i think of him.

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Mund

Well said

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Newcastle fans send Mike Ashley brutal message at Hibs friendly as Rangers bogeyman is targeted

They belted out “You fat cockney b*****d, get out of our club,” throughout proceedings at Easter Road.

• Pain in the Blog

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Mindshaft #15 last post,

“…apathy seems to be the sole virtue / curse of being a toon supporter”.

I think it’s worse than apathy. I asked a 60yr + long time ST holder at the golf club if he would consider boycotting the Arsenal match. His contemptuous laugh, followed by the exasperated statement “What? I’m sick of politics in football. Why can’t we go back to just going to the match and having a good day out?” said it all.

That is the problem. That is why there will be 45,000 at the Arsenal match. That is why we, the fans, are powerless to shift Ashley.

• #boycott Arsenal

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:30 AM

Bill’s son is back,
    Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Bruce propelled us up the table playing great football and we could all cheer and get behind him. But the bit your missing out is the reason there are so many ”misery men” . History has shown that under Ashley it doesn’t work like that. Bruce will be given the bare minimum to survive, if we are looking safe-ish in January Matt Ritchie will be sold before he enters the last year of his contract, if we managed 8th at the end of the season there would be little or no investment to cement that position as it would be deemed if the team was good enough for 8th it’s good enough to survive the following season. You can’t disagree with any of that because it has happened time and time again.

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM

talking about Ritchie he got a ham string injury last night …

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM

#boycott Arsenal

He can and will as his point isnt about anything other than helping the vile man asset strip the club
    H couldnt care less about the toon

• toon22

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Hiya JIBS

• Toon222

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Laughing stock, supporters of other clubs dont realise wots goin on at nufc cos for some reason (kba) the press dont seem to print all the doings of fatso and his chronies, like toon22 said, when will we spend the tv money, were has it gone, how can newly promoted teams outspend us every window, we wer short strikers, weve let 3 go and signed 1, we’ve needed full back cover for years and havnt bothered and weve needed wingers and might hav 2 do without ritchie now and we havnt strengthened ther either, any fan that would say we’re deluded is not a nufc fan, deluded for wanting the best for our team, for wanting a team to compete, for wanting a team that does more than barely survive every season, wise up

BOYCOTT SPORTS DIRECT FOOTBALL CLUB

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:37 AM

we all want whats best for for team but while the Fat Odious Twat owns wor club its never gonna happen …

• Tsunki

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:39 AM

Wow geordietom you seriously need to get the frog out of your head. Dear oh dear.

Bills son I’m willing to bet that your following on here equates to roughly the half dozen miscreants, wishy washy apathetics, Mike Ashley supporters and misunderstanding goons that plague any hint of progress in getting this club to compete.

What brand of football are you advocating? The one that is happy to aim for mid table because we are “safe”? The one where you go along and support the lads for achieving nothing because club policy is not to?

I doubt any protesting supporter wants us to lose for the sake of it. I don’t want us to lose games. I don’t want us to get relegated. I don’t want us to bow out of cups with deliberately weakened teams because we can’t afford injury to key players that won’t be replsced. But I expect all those things might happen because it happened several times before in the last ten years. Are you satisfied with this being the ongoing plan? You are the embodiment of apathetic slavish idiocy.

• IrishRob

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:40 AM

In other news it seems Juve have agreed to swap Dybala for Lukaku, a straight swap too. How did united pull that one off??

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:41 AM

Hoots has turned down the Sheff Weds job …

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:44 AM

Tsunki …

cheers for getting back glad you did’nt Wax Lyrical about me mate

😀

• kimbo

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:46 AM

After receiving abuse for renewing my season tickets why do people not accept that a few individuals will not remove Ashley. If we get relegated then we will not come back(WBA) so why boycott games, surely better inside the ground giving Ashley unbearable abuse and encouraging the team (not Bruce).
    Not long to go until SD hit the rails and Ashley is worthless then let`s see the vultures circle around to buy us.
    After supporting Newcastle for over 50 years that walk up to SJP on a match day is still special.

A Bobby Robson story which may make you smile… walking to my seat in one of the boxes Bobby was walking along the same corridor and he opened a door which was a store/broom cupboard and a steward had to come and rescue him and take him to the door he was looking for, his facial expression he gave me when he walked passed was priceless..

• dekka

Jul 31, 2019 at 11:18 AM

I’ve not renewed my season ticket. I’m not boycotting or anything, I’m just not bothered anymore. For years and years football “clubs” have pretended to be different from shops, energy providers, restaurants etc etc. They’re not but at least they pretend. Newcastle has stopped pretending so I can’t go along with them and also pretend. I’ve never been a fan but a customer and now I can’t pretend otherwise so I’ll act like a customer. I’ll not pay for shoddy goods. I’ve no problem with anyone else going but I take my decision based on what’s right for me. I still like football so I’ll be going to see Blyth Spartans. Much cheaper and probably more fun. I’m really not interested in NUFC anymore and I know a few others who feel the same. Whatever you all do, I hope you enjoy yourselves. Life’s too short for anything else.

• Munster Mag

Jul 31, 2019 at 3:01 PM

Hey tsunki, have you manned up yet and admitted to the blog that you were totally lying when you claim that i said i like mike ashley?
    Even by your standards, that was quite a lie.

• Munster Mag

Jul 31, 2019 at 5:17 PM

I’ll take it that that’s a no then….