web analytics

Ten Years On And Sir Bobby Is Still Having An Impact

It’s been ten years since Sir Bobby Robson passed away and the remembrances for the great man are pouring in today. Sir Bobby had an amazing and lasting effect on the world of football as we all know.

However, his legacy reaches beyond the sport as he has come to represent so much more. In a time when decency and class have become all too rare, we remember Sir Bobby for having both in abundance.

We choose to look to him for the dignity and respect he always displayed no matter the circumstances. He remains an inspiring figure that has transcended his sport and whose legacy continues to have an impact on the world today.

Here are a few of the tributes from the clubs, competitions, and organizations that he had such an influence over and continues to impact to this day.

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:12 AM

Ah yes another season of being a Newcastle United fan.

This is how A$$ LIE treats us:

Tell them about another Takeover bid to get their hopes up and boost season ticket sales :

Oh nuts Rafa has decided to go as he’s had enough of my antics. They are seriously getting restless now. It’s very unlike them. I’m actually getting worried.I know, offer them a fig leaf:

They’re still a bit restless, I will offer another Walter Mitty type interview. I will rehash some old nonsense about being a fan and not really understanding the football business, try and make them feel sorry for me. ” I am after all only a young girl” Didn’t that work for that actress on Game Of Thrones ? Couple that with a few positive preseason games. Great, rubs hand, let the fleecing continue unabated :

• martoon

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:13 AM

Wow 10 years – some great tributes there!

• DubaiMicky

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:14 AM

Bus moved but very relevant.

Nice little interview with Jose about “Mr. Robson” on the 10th anniversary of his death.

(who’s the kid on the right?)

And

• Jib

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:15 AM

Nice tribute Neil
    R.I.P. Sir Bobby

• Jib

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:16 AM

Martoon what was the weather like in the Fjords ?

• BenbulbenMag

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:16 AM

Sir Bobby Robson is the antithesis of Ashley. Sir Bobby was a warm, bright, cheerful gentleman.

He was a great example and conducted himself with integrity and class. R.I.P.

• albert albert

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:18 AM

Sir Bobby ,short summary class , The grandad / dad you’d of picked for yourself , if you could have a spare one !

• Tatforsale Mikey

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:19 AM

Bobby will be turning in his grave the way the clubs being run
    RIP Wor Bobby x

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:22 AM

R.I.P. WOR BOBBY …

• Madmag

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Ed/Neil You can put my IP on your banned list, oh hang on you don’t have one 🙁

I’d like to suggest to you that if you post many more inflammatory articles there is a distinct that one of the nutters on here might do something stupid.

• martoon

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Jib @5 I’m in Iceland atm Norway is next week but it’s dry with temps about 15 – 20. I’ll give you an update when I’m in Norway :mrgreen:

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Laughing with tears emoji

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:30 AM

repost …
    so if we are bidding for Emil Krafth does that mean they have gave up trying to sign Stanley Nsoki . typical of the Fat One buying cheap …

anyone seen Krafth play ?…

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:32 AM

jib/ martoon …

careful lads dont talk holidays on here. blog police and all that …

😀

• Mindshaft

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:33 AM

MadMag – You’re clearly not thinking rationally if you actually think an NUFC supporter will get off his ass and actually do anything like take action on anything.. apathy seems to be the sole virtue / curse of being a toon supporter

• Mindshaft

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Martoon – Iceland is a great place, enjoy your holiday, only memory I have of Norway was sitting on a frozen puddle in the bushes for 36 hours watching troop movements … those were the days 🙂

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Sir Bobby, Legend for all the right reasons.
    Mike Ashley, Legend for all the wrong reasons.

Manager loved world wide.
    Owner hated world wide.

Manager missed by every fan.
    Owner misled all the fans.

Manager 100% behind our great club.
    Owner 100% screwing our great club.

If anyone ever wanted to see good and evil then one only has to look at these two people.

• Jib

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Tom
    Pay attention
    Emil is a right back
    Stanley is a left back

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:37 AM

@Jib

Wouldn’t be like Newcastle to buy the cheaper right back and then play Manquillo at left back to save money………

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:37 AM

jib …

and heres me thinking he swings both ways …

😀

• albert albert

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:38 AM

How do we move forward the toon , we have a owner that doesn’t see us a competing team more of a flyweight in a world of heavyweight s , there’s those that will boycot , those that won’t , Do what you thinks best for the going

• geordietom

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:40 AM

we might as well sign Stan and Olly …

• outside the box

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:41 AM

for the ones going to arsenal game …it would be good to hear …club shop deserted …programme sales down …no queues at bar or food stations…boycott all ashley….

• albert albert

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:42 AM

Best for the toon , good on the boycotters , those that go must give the bastard hell. One goal getting him out of the club ,

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Mauricio Pochettino says his job title should be changed from manager to head coach as he has no influence over Tottenham’s transfer activity. Sky Sports News!

Him and Brucey have something in common to talk about next month when they play each other!

• Shadow_Shearer

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:47 AM

The saddest thing about SBR today is, he is the only manager who would have stuck around under Ashley and got us playing well with absolutely no money.

Ashley would sell his best players for a big profit and and not replace them and Robson would still get something out of the team.

Just shows how much we still miss him today.

• norfolknhope

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Just want to say, at game last night, hibs are in the top 5 of Scottish teams this year and my word, there is clear day light there, absolutely shocking except a few nice touches. Hand full of players were simply not fit enough to play us, and the fans were silent. I thi k we played in 2nd gear, didn’t have to do anything special, was as easy if you liked, we looked fit and in control, almiron played really deep, too deep, as die shelvey, but he played quick release football and seemed rather negative. Aarons was the best player on the field by a long way, but again too deep. Hayden was in control and sharr had a good game also. We were in full Control the whole game. And a ton of corners, we def need to practice them more, as we should be a right threat with them.

• Bills Son Is Back

Jul 31, 2019 at 9:52 AM

Great post from Madmag and absolutely spot on.

According to the real sheep on here – the one’s who blindly follow the the nonsense that NUFC are a basket case – the fans who attended the Hibs game last might + all those who turn up at the Arsenal game + all those who have renewed their season tickets + all those who will continue to support the team not the regime + all those who in anyway disagree with the neggers + all those who don’t add ‘Ash;ey is a FCB’ to every post…

All of these fans are apathetic, spineless morons too thick not to be fooled by Ashley PR.

Behind the constant drivel of the majority on this blog – including the editors – I think the majority of Toon fans fell exactly the opposite and agree more or less 100% with what Madmag has said below.

Madmag – I’ve got to say that reading last night’s blog the only person who consistently posts common sense posts on this blog is Jib. I don’t always agree but I do understand just why he is the blogs Nemesis, he is constantly trying to make some of you think rationally which is very difficult in this blog whose inhabitants (and Authors) seem more like a lynch mob rather than fans of a football club. I’m off, the atmosphere is so toxic I’m afraid it could contaminate me.

Ed/Neil You can put my IP on your banned list, oh hang on you don’t have one
    ?

• Mund

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:23 AM

The greatest manager ever in my eyes, a truly inspirational man. I fell in love with the man when he came home and took us back to the lofty heights of the champions league but a very disgusting and unforgiven end to his time at Newcastle. I read earlier Carver saying when we got knocked out of Uefa semis when Drogba tore us apart, after the game Douglas Hall tore into Sir Bobby screaming at him in front of everyone. Makes me feel completely sick how this great man was treated and Carver finished off by saying he could never take another job afterwards. What a terrible end to a complete legend he deserved far more respect and the likes of Hall should bow to a man of his calibre and stature.

Saying all that i will always smile and have fond memories of the great man everytime i think of him.

• Geordie-john

Jul 31, 2019 at 10:26 AM

I hope Sir Bobby is never forgotten. What a bloke he was on and off the pitch !

• Geordie-john