web analytics

Steve Bruce Is Keen To Extend Contracts Of Five Players

The Daily Mail is reporting that Steve Bruce wants to offer 5 Newcastle first-teamers new contracts.

Jonjo Shelvey, Martin Dubravka, Matt Ritchie, Sean Longstaff, and Isaac Hayden are who Steve Bruce sees as the core of the squad. They are all being lined up to get new contracts according to the report in the Daily Mail.

Shelvey, Ritchie, and Hayden all have less than two years remaining on their current deals which run out in the summer of 2021 so the club will try to tie them down to new ones.

We will be pleasantly surprised to see Matt Ritchie will get a new deal. He will be 31 when his current deal ends and he has been open in the past about wanting an extension.

We are not sure if the club will be hesitant or not. However, a two-year extension would likely be all he would get. He does, in our opinion, deserve at least that.

Jonjo Shelvey– new deal sounds good to me

Jonjo Shelvey is an interesting case as well due to him currently being on such high wages. We are not sure how Newcastle will approach any negotiations with Jonjo as he most likely will not get much of an increase to his current wages.

We would expect this one to linger as the club may even want him to take a slight pay cut. It will certainly be an interesting one to watch.

Getting Isaac Hayden to sign a new deal would be a real coup for Steve Bruce. Yesterday, Steve Bruce spoke about how he was positive that Hayden would remain at Newcastle. Getting Isaac to sign a new deal would signal the player’s intentions of really wanting to stay at Newcastle.

Bruce has handled the squad extremely well. Isaac’s willingness to reconsider his stance of leaving the club is a perfect example of Bruce’s ability to communicate with players

Martin Dubravka and Sean Longstaff are most likely up for new deals as they have outplayed their current contracts.

Dubravka has been the focus of much transfer speculation this summer. Most recently he has been linked with PSG. His absence from the past two pre-season matches has caused a bit of concern amongst the fans.

However, Steve Bruce has said there is nothing sinister in this absence. We hope to see Martin play in Saturday’s final pre-season game against St-Etienne.

His deal runs until 2022 and was just signed when he joined permanently last summer. It will also be a very good sign if the club can get him to sign a new deal.

Sean Longstaff too just signed his current contract but his was in December of 2018. That was just before he went on to star for his hometown club earlier this year.

With all the Manchester United talk around Sean, it is vital that Newcastle do give him a new contract as he has outperformed the one he just signed.

We will be very happy if all of these players can get new contracts. They are all crucial members of the team and we would hope that after these players get tied down, the club will look to get Fabian Schar a new deal as well. His current one is set to run out in just two years.

• Slatymag

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Is this supposed to excite fans in lieu of any actual new signings.

Chronicle – “Magpies told Saint Maximin asking price”. Give over, man!

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:20 AM

I’ll spare the repost.

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:22 AM

Did ‘the club’ not make it clear that Ritchie wasn’t getting a new deal, Rafa probably wanted to move Shelvey on and Hayden wanted to go, where is the neglect Jiblets placed at the door of Rafa.

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:27 AM

woodmans off to swansea on loan…

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:28 AM

The biggest lie Ashley and his mob of mischievous misfits has every told is that if the fans dont turn up and support the team it’ll be their fault the club is relegated.

Load of shit, the last straw to grasp.

#BoycottAshley

• posada

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:29 AM

Boycott Arsenal is getting a few hearts.
    Just been on the club web site.
    Only 5 single seats left in my section.
    Few more but not many in the singing Gallowgate Corner.
    Gallowgate proper has larger numbers but still a week to go.

Are we really Boycotting Arsenal !

As Boycott Arsenal says – it might take 6 weeks of Brucey impersonating Pardew to really kick it off.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:30 AM

If the tea lady had been made redundant after 30 years Jib would say the club was treating her to a extended holiday for good service

• posada

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:30 AM

A lot of our players don’t have improved deals.
    Part of that I feel is because it makes them harder to sell and lowers their sell on value.

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:39 AM

a week today and the transfer window slams shut at 5pm . 1 week to get players in i wont hold my breath , dip into your pocket you Fat greedy twat …

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:45 AM

“I’m vastly overweight and my morbid obesity is killing me. I love life but no doctor is going to tell me I should stop eating fried jam donuts after my daily kebab”

“My liver is going to fail the next time I have a drink but nobody is going to stop me enjoying 45 pints with my son every week”

“I have lung cancer and without a drastic change in my lifestyle my family will not see my at Christmas but nobody is going to stop me from chain smoking like my father used to do”

“What’s the point in changing? I can’t do anything to change the situation”

That’s a reply to a support the team not the regime article in the mag.

• Bambams

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:47 AM

The boycott in my opinion is the right thing to do, Sky TV, loads of empty seats, the odd flag with Ash or SD sh173…

But the first game of the season is the one we all look forward to, I am not going and will watch in one of the bars in the town, but youngsters who go with their parents or grandparents wont be swayed.

I still think there will be about 46000+ there.

On the transfers, looks like CharnLIE is still useless ! Keeping Mike happy.

Let’s just hope no last day sales of Longstaff, Dubs or The Swiss Cruyff happen.

• Toon Ultra

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Dear Ed, Neil

Please could you do me a huge favour for me personally it’s about the pain we have all been through as Fans for the past 12 years and its our club not His.

I’ve put out my own money hired DJ’s paid for security, Cleaning etc I’m more or less will cover all costs for this but like I say it’s for the publicity and awareness to Join all other Boycott and Ashley Groups and Unite against his regime.

MA has neglected our club the people of Newcastle, one city one club and we wont be defeated ! Its time to unite stop arguing between each other and take the fight back to the next level.

I’m a 36 year old man who’s been going to games since I was a 8yr old lad. This is one of the worst times I’ve seen as a fan its that bad its creating divides and arguments on Social media between fans.

The past 12yrs he’s failed due diligence and held us as fans responsible, A total 6m outlay in his tenure before this window. And now the sella signing of Joelinton for £40million but when you read into it he’s just sold one of our top goal scorers from last season for 30million and 3 mill for Joselu means a total out lay of 7 millions from a personable 100million, but as Newcastle fans we all know there’s a possibility that he will also sell Longstaff before the window shuts. followed by 10 managers, 2 Relegations is laughable, As a club we’ve went from the 13th Richest club playing in Milan, Barcelona to Rotherham away. We are now the 19th richest club eating and getting fed leftovers.
    We are nothing but an advertising Steam Globally for Sports direct, This is the reason why we will never be sold as the day he sells us Sports Direct shares would fall so bad coating more than 350m and the fact of him having a continuing loan never to be repaid each season which is caused by his mismanagement, He is sucking us dry year in year out its embarrassing
    Failed takeovers, Fabricated Takeovers, Being linked to players and offering half there value during transfer windows to sell season tickets is just a no from now on. Time to end our nightmare.

All profits will be donated to Newcastle Food Bank

This Boycott booze Boat cruise is on River Escape Boat here is the timetable:

Boat is docked:

Newcastle Quayside (River Escape Cruise),
    East Pontoon
    Newcastle
    NE1 3DX

Start and boat walk on time: 1030am Board

Sails: 11:00
    2hrs boat cruise up and down Tyne (Millennium Bridge Opening and closing for us).
    Return 1pm

March to St James 1pm to join up with other Boycott Parties.

Live DJ
    Breakfast Sandwiches on sale
    Full Stocked bar Great prices
    £15 per ticket £1.50 booking fee

All the information is on the link when you buy tickets, Its E-vouchers are emailed to buyers instantly I also get there mobile and email address to contact them.

Link for Tickets below:

• Toon Ultra

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM

I do not hold it against anyone going to the game as I have never missed a game at home for 28 years and I will always support my team no matter who is in charge. I still haven’t made my mind up if I will enter st james park against Arsenal but that all comes down to Mr Ashley and if he spend big it the next week. But unfortunately I believe he will not. but as long as our voices are herd on this day and come together as fans against one man is our main objective as Newcastle United. United being the main word