web analytics

Top Prospect Gets Desired Loan Move And Extension

Great news as Freddie Woodman has signed on for one more year and the club have also secured a loan move to Swansea for the twenty-two-year-old

It seems that a compromise was reached between the club and Freddie as he has extended his current deal by one year. We hope that this will give them the time necessary to bridge the gap in their current negotiations.

Woodman was frozen out of a loan move last season as he would not sign a new contract offered by the club. He remained at Newcastle and only made 3 appearances in the FA Cup.

He will now get a season long loan move to Swansea who will look to improve upon their 10th place finish last season in the Championship.

Freddie Woodman– will get some games this season

The England U21 international will battle it out with two thirty-year-old keepers at Swansea for first-team football. Though Swansea does not really have a number one between the sticks as Swedish keeper Kristoffer Nordfeldt and Dutch keeper Erwin Mulder split time last season almost evenly. Nordfeldt made 25 appearances while Mulder made 27.

This is a fantastic opportunity for young Freddie to secure a first-team place at Swansea. If he can perform really well he may be able to finally get the long-term deal at Newcastle he is looking for.

• IrishRob

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:45 AM

Second!!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:46 AM

A reply to a support the team not the regime article in the mag…

“I’m vastly overweight and my morbid obesity is killing me. I love life but no doctor is going to tell me I should stop eating fried jam donuts after my daily kebab”

“My liver is going to fail the next time I have a drink but nobody is going to stop me enjoying 45 pints with my son every week”

“I have lung cancer and without a drastic change in my lifestyle my family will not see my at Christmas but nobody is going to stop me from chain smoking like my father used to do”

“What’s the point in changing? I can’t do anything to change the situation”

#BoycottAshley

• hibbit

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM

great move for Freddie a full season in the championship with a decent club,
    is this loan a move that Shola set up ???????????

• Toon Ultra

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Dear Ed, Niel

Please could you do me a huge favour for me personally as its not about me as an individually making money, it’s about the pain we have all been through as Fans for the past 12years and its our club not His.
    I’ve put out my own money hired DJ’s paid for security, Cleaning etc I’m more or less will cover all costs for this but like I say it’s for the publicity and awareness to Join all other Boycott and Ashley Groups and Unite against his regime.

MA has neglected our club the people of Newcastle, one city one club and we wont be defeated ! Its time to unite stop arguing between each other and take the fight back to the next level.

I’m a 36yr old man who’s been going to games since I was a 8yr old lad. This is one of the worst times I’ve seen as a fan its that bad its creating divides and arguments on Social media between fans.

The past 12yrs he’s failed due diligence and held us as fans responsible, A total 6m outlay in his tenure followed by 10 managers, 2 Relegations is laughable, As a club we’ve went from the 13th Richest club playing in Milan, Barcelona to Rotherham away. We are now the 19th richest club eating and getting fed leftovers.
    We are nothing but an advertising Steam Globally for Sports direct, This is the reason why we will never be sold as the day he sells us Sports Direct shares would fall so bad coating more than 350m and the fact of him having a continuing loan never to be repaid each season which is caused by his mismanagement, He is sucking us dry year in year out its embarrassing
    Failed takeovers, Fabricated Takeovers, Being linked to players and offering half there value during transfer windows to sell season tickets is just a no from now on. Time to end our nightmare.

All profits will be donated to Newcastle Food Bank

This Boycott booze Boat cruise is on River Escape Boat here is the timetable:

Boat is docked:

Newcastle Quayside (River Escape Cruise),
    East Pontoon
    Newcastle
    NE1 3DX

Start and boat walk on time: 1030am Board

Sails: 11:00
    2hrs boat cruise up and down Tyne (Millennium Bridge Opening and closing for us).
    Return 1pm

March to St James 1pm to join up with other Boycott Parties.

Live DJ
    Breakfast Sandwiches on sale
    Full Stocked bar Great prices
    £15 per ticket £1.50 booking fee

All the information is on the link when you buy tickets, Its E-vouchers are emailed to buyers instantly I also get there mobile and email address to contact them.

Link for Tickets below:

• IrishRob

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:52 AM

That post is actually pretty sad! People who go to matches are the ones who are going to ruin this club not Fat ash. If people want to make a change then they have got to stop thinking of their own personal pleasure and avoid everything NUFC like the plague. It cant be anymore simple than that I’m afraid!

• Moonraker15

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:54 AM

Toon22
    From previous thread.
    I think we need to concentrate fully on the theme “where’s the money gone”?
    We are probably going down this season unless we get proper investment in players; it was only Rafa that kept us up last season and the squad is weaker now.
    They have to be taking huge sums out and it’s not morally correct and probably illegal.
    Ideas how we can get this in the public and media agenda?

• Moonraker15

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:57 AM

Jib
    I’m sure you have some ideas and you have Nufc interest at heart !

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 9:58 AM

20 million to Ashley is chump change . so howay Fat Boy get Maximin signed up …

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:00 AM

and another 10 million ( chump change ) for Nsoki …

and if you have any chump change left get us a decent C/F …

• toon22

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:11 AM

We have enough cash left to buy Bale

Dont worry guys 110 million on players in the next week

Or Jabba is a thief

• Mindshaft

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Fans aren’t happy and rightly so, however most fans will sadly go to games regardless and if 45000+ go to games it’ll barely make a dent in the empty seats viewable by sky cameras.

Ashley tops every poll as the worst premiership owner and is almost at the top of worst football owner ever , only being beating by the Venkys and Douglas Craig (who was basically a crook!).

Reality is that Ashley doesn’t care what the fans do or say to him, Newcastle are not aligned to Sports Direct other than to give them cheap advertising, they do however own our merchandising under the same lines as Rangers (who recently lost a court case to take it back). It’s a very poor deal for Newcastle but something that is legal and Charnley signed off on as chairman ( or Lambarse I guess).
    Land sold – land was transferred to another Ashley holding company which then sold the land on to developers at a huge profit that didn’t come back to the club.
    Who knows what other deals or contracts he’s handed out to friends/ relatives ( given he has a history of giving large contracts to family members).
    One thing he probably isn’t doing is taking money directly out the club himself..it’s highly unlikely.

Charnley is the worst chairman in the premier league and completely out of his depth – he’s unable to increase commercial revenues or in fact any revenues – a lame duck of a chairman promoted well beyond his capabilities.
    In most business ventures you appoint a chairman and staff because of contacts they have both within and outside the field of expertise – they use these contacts to help sell the club and gain better sponsorship deals etc.
    Charnley has was pretty much a teaboy before his surprising promotion so I guess he knows other teaboys – doubt we’ll gain much exposure to the business world there then!

Steve Bruce has the 2nd worst premiership record ever only beaten by Bryan Robson – I’d like Steve Bruce to do well obviously I’d like the toon to win the league as a manager, I’d also like to win euro millions triple rollover.

Any company is driven by the men at the top, if you want success then you need a successful strategy and a plan to implement it.

Sadly we seem to have no strategy other than keep it cheap and try and just be good enough to survive

• Mund

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM

If we manage to tie down Hayden and get him to stay would be huge my eyes and its looking more likely that way, hopefully.

Hayden is one of the most improved players in the squad and at times last year he looked unbeatable in that def midfield role. He and Longstaff where an incredible partnership in centre midfield and it was a shame young Sean got injured but Hayden continued to perform without him.

So for me getting him to agree to stay will be huge for this team and for us this season.

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:17 AM

so Fat Ash my point is STOP TAKING US FOR CHUMPS …

• geordietom

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:20 AM

at the moment Wor team is like a Bungalow , we’ve got nowt up top ( well not much at the moment )…

• Mindshaft

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:24 AM

NEWCASTLE UNITED

Majority shareholder: Mike Ashley
    Net worth: £3.5billion

A case study in how not to run a football club. Mike Ashley, exceptional businessman though he is, has made a mess of running Newcastle, falling into the trap of thinking that the stack ‘em high, sell ‘em cheap principles which made his Sports Direct empire so profitable could also work at a football club. Instead, all joy and fervour has been drained from the St James’ Park stands as good players have been flogged to the highest bidder and bizarre appointments made in both boardroom and dug-out, all without a whisper of explanation from the resolutely silent Ashley. The cost could yet be another relegation this season, although the most frightening thing about Newcastle now is that few of the fans even seem to care. For that, Ashley should hang his head.

Investment: 5/10
    Popularity: 1/10
    Enthusiasm: 3/10
    Avoiding controversy: 1/10
    Communication: 1/10
    Overall: 11/50

• Toon222

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Jib

U talk sum crap, how is 29 an aging player, rondon is in his prime, he doesnt rely on pace so could easily play for another 4 years, he was excellent for us, like saying a bus load of 2 year olds is aging cos they hav a combined age of 104, wot a fool talking prat u are

• Tsunki

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Yeah well done the Mag in publishing a blinkered, selfish closed world view of his own club. What a dolt – “nobody is going to stop me from my 2 hours a week etc” yeah no problem mate nobody actually is stopping you, go ahead what are you complaining about? You’re satisfied that your team just turns up and it used to be worse and this is way better etc but you obviously don’t actually get that this is no petty squabble with a “cockney” owner. This is about a non-competition by policy, fake football for the purpose of enrichment to the exclusion of the club itself. It’s unique, this is a model unlike any other club, it has a design and purpose to get absolutely nowhere.

So we know why you go. Pints with the lads and the ability to experience the euphoria of cheering the odd goal. But you will never see a cup or a league win. Never in Mike Ashley’s time. Leicester has, why do you think that was? These people are the real apathetic sheep. Head down, money coughed up, beers downed happy as pigs.

• Dobbo

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:32 AM

I have read The Mag article and sort of agree that asking people to boycott is pointless. It is everyone’s choice if they want to go to the match ( or not). The simple decision to make is do I still enjoy going. If you do, then go, if not then don’t renew your season ticket. This is the decision I made back in February after almost 30 years as a season ticket holder, but I wouldn’t dream of forcing my view on anyone else.

• WLtoon

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:33 AM

I see nothing has changed on the blog. had a great week away and was expecting the tone of the fans to be upbeat when i started reading this morning but Nah, same old same old. Ashley taking the piss and still penny pinching. Only one player brought in on a fee, fans still complaining about Ashley but doing nothing about it.
    I hav,nt stepped foot into any of the leeches tat shops for 10 years, wont waste my money on a season ticket bcos it goes straight into Ashley,s pocket, i would love to go back to following the lads un the flesh, but ive got principles and dont like to be taken for a ride, ive got four pals , long standing ST holders who have voted with their feet this season bcos of the same reasons as me. Unfortunately a couple of thousand stay away fans wont make any difference to Ashley or the message fans are trying to send to Sky.
    Unless there is 20k absent from the Arsenal game then its business as usual for the fat leech owner. So enjoy the game lads

• Jib

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Toon222
    Sorry
    I will make a big effort and try and become as good a
    blogger as you

• Mund

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:35 AM

This is just me but dont the rest of you get the feeling all the boycotting and protesting is all for nothing??

The leech of the club just doesnt care, he is sheltered from all this that is thrown his way. Do i think fans should sit idly by why the leech keeps running the club the way he does? No way but i also think its all for nothing. Ashley while looking like an elephant has also the thick skin of an elephant and he can soak all this up that is thrown at him.

Like ive stated previously im sick of Ashley being the fore front of my mind when thinking of this amazing club, im sick of feeling depressed and angry, full of emotions, head in the shed. So for this season the badge the 11 out on the pitch the squad of 22 will be what i focus on, there opinions and how they feel will be what i care about, the performance week and week out will be what i focus on and care about.

I got into football and fell in love with the sport i love watching all levels of football from school footy to sunday league to all standards of league football all the way to the supposed top of the pile Newcastle United which i should get excited for but i havent been for one reason Mike Fcuking Ashley, well that stops now.

• captainmarvel

Aug 1, 2019 at 10:58 AM

There is no alternative than staying away. Anyone who sets foot in the ground supports the regime, it is impossible to support the team and not the regime inside SJP.
    The only way you can support the team is at away matches otherwise you feed the leech…

• Tsunki

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:03 AM

It’s called apathy. Look it up. Just saying “there’s nothing we can do” is just pathetic.

Honestly if you’re going to fund Ashley, don’t go crying about him not releasing transfer funds or getting shoddy second rate managers in or wailing about his tactics or having a useless squad that doesn’t try or not winning a cup or fielding weakened teams in competitions or never winning a league in your lifetime or we’re never going back to Europe etc etc. Just don’t.

• WLtoon

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:20 AM

There is nothing we can do? Bollocks. There IS something we all can do. STAY AWAY from anything to do with the FGB. STOP giving him your money ffs .

• oldarse

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:21 AM

History has shown that when the auditors are the first to leave….there is usually a very serious problem.600 million is hardly chicken feed….and somebody missed it either deliberately …or as we say ….on purpose! I am always reminded…some years ago ..before the film came out…I bought the book “The Godfather”…..as you open same …on the inner flyleaf are the words “Behind every great fortune, there is a great crime”…it is signed “Anon

• Toon Ultra

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:47 AM

@irishrod wow how many Newcastle games have you been to in your life time because it sounds to me your an arm chair type of guy. If you had been to a game you would understand how hard it is to stay away from st james park as a Newcastle born and bread fan this is our religion up here we are a working mans club always will be Newcastle united means everything to me I will always support our lads and I my self have never booed my team off the pitch as boy Robson once said. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in our city it’s a small boy clambering up the stadium steps for the very fist time, gripping his fathers hand, gawping at the hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, but fall in love….. I might be throwing a boycott party but that’s because I love my team I will find it very hard not to enter the stadium because it goes against my beliefs in support our lads not the man in charge. It is our club let’s take it back and if you saw how much publicity we got down London with 6 boats trust me it’s not good news for Mike Ashley and sports Direct

• captainmarvel

Aug 1, 2019 at 1:37 PM

No such thing as a “bread fan” unless you wear loafers….