web analytics

Allan Saint-Maximin Sends Classy Message To Former Club

Allan Saint-Maximin has tweeted out a message to his former club OGC Nice and their supporters. This is really a classy move from our new number 10.

Here is a rough translation of the above tweets:

“A page turns, as you know I left Nice for Newcastle and with my little family we wanted to thank you, the great Niçe family.

“Thank you for your smiles, for your kindness every time we met, for cheering me during games, for sometimes shouting at me too (yes because it’s also a family), for having given these conditions to my two daughters.

“For allowing me to continue to live my dream of football, for giving me the chance to wear this jersey. A big thank you also to the staff and my teammates who are more than teammates for me.

“It’s hard to leave you, I’m proud to have been one of yours and shared all these good times with you. I wish the best to OGC Nice for the future!

“I will continue to be behind this club as a supporter this time.”

This is great message from Allan. We are thrilled with his signing today and cannot wait to see him play this season.

• jane

Aug 2, 2019 at 8:56 PM

Luton player booked for deliberately scoring with his hand. tried to look all inocent. 2-2

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:00 PM

The only signing I want to see is fat arse signing the club over to new owners.

Fcuk off Ashley!

Your time is up!

#boycottArsenal

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:03 PM

I’m still not optimistic about this season, but these signings have at least added a degree of curiosity to things. It’s almost impossible to predict which way the pendulum is going to swing with these new lads.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:04 PM

I did say 2 of the incoming would be loans. Welcome Jethro. I loved you in Beverley Hillbillies….

• Munster Mag

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Nah lets boo him. The traitor (hope you booed bracewell, clarkie, venison?) signed hin. Ashley sanctioned it. Yip, give him the bird. And Bruce. Dont forget to boo him please.

• swemag

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Somehow the fact that he has kids has calmed me down a bit. Hopefully that will keep him out of the night clubs.

Looking forward to see him play. Hope he gets some minutes tomorrow.

He has had a full preseason, must be fit.

• jazzyp

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Three big money NUFC signings and yet such an underwhelming reaction.

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:05 PM

Here’s the Fantasy Football code for our Ed Harrison League for anyone who hasn’t signed up yet. I might be tempted to add one or two of our new signings…

Code: eythox

• Novocastrian66

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:07 PM

Link to the Newcastle U17’s match.

• Munster Mag

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:08 PM

Scythe, i dont think its going to go great, but am willing to back the man. There are people on here who want to see our beloved club relegated. They are the equal of mackems.

• jazzyp

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM

• Mindshaft

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Jazzp – three ?? Linton , saint-max and ???

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM

G2: I thought Mrs Hathaway would be more your type.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:09 PM

Every club needs a Maximini. A one size fits all player. Now he’s ours….

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:10 PM

GeordieTwo – I prefer Jethro back when he was singing ‘Living In The Past’…

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:11 PM

She was hot but Jethro had the best lines. Reminded me a lot of a young Trump.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:13 PM

Only 2 big money signings so far I think. Still we actually have a net positive spend. I’m convinced Ashley is trying to make Rafa look bad by buying players he refused to buy while Rafa was here. A finger in your eye from Mikey Rafa. At least we get the benefit of his pettiness.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Are all the brats still whinging on here?

Hilarious to see the mental gymnastics some are doing on Twitter.

Instead of Ashley won’t sign anybody. Now it’s “he’s only giving them 6 year deals because we’re going to sell them on 2-3 years.” Yeah, let’s give them 3 year contracts and give all the leverage to them and buying clubs. DUH!

“Why is he giving Bruce money and he didn’t Rafa?”. He hasn’t given Bruce anything, it’s what the club has generated. Rafa could be here and getting these players at these prices, I’m surprised he isn’t given he steadied the ship and got us back into this position where we were upon appointing McClaren, but he was only here for the money and when an offer came in for double he left.

All we need now is another ST. Get rid of a few and we’re ready.

Shelvey will be licking his lips with all that pace ahead of him.

Makings of an exciting, entertaining team with our solid base of good defenders, GK and a trio in midfield who I think will be revelatory together.

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:14 PM

Jabba is that bad as an owner that relegation isn’t that bad.If you had to come up with your 3 best seasons under him i would have to say the season we finished 5th,and the 2 promotion seasons,at least we had the illusion of a team trying to win something.

• Genjikai

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Na tony youve been having digs at me for the last 3 weeks straight dropping my name into posts, flockers, calling me a crack head.
    These are justba few examples.
    The night you keep going on about you started it by referring to me as jamerique i hadnt even posted all day yet you start hounding me out trying to spread dog dirt at me off when im not there. Luckily that night you keep going on about i was there to catch you out as i was on nightshift. Not on crack.
    Thats low from you that tony.
    At that point it had been going on for 2 weeks, its now 3 weeks and ur still at it.
    Where have i once been a dick to you today? Yet you constantly keep going. I was only a dick in response to you.
    Btw that night you got a warning email off ed. I didnt.
    Neil even got onto you on the blog directly.
    Everyone can see your agenda for what it is.

Btw it you that keeps going on about charnley and his wife not me, not anyone from the magpie group.
    Its you that keeps encouraging people to firebomb a store.
    Its you that keeps offending posters on this blog then crying the victim.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Maximi welcome i ll support you…Ashley no more mr fat guy!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:15 PM

Well said Scythe. Brilliant stuff there. Walk a mile to drink your water.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Munster Mag: there are people on here who have said they would want our club in the Northern League to get rid of Ashley. Wrongheaded.

Would they really prefer us to be in the situation the Mackems are in now with Chancer Donald, just to get rid of the Fat Man?

It is not like we even have the worst c@nt for an owner. Abramovich. Look him up.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:16 PM

GeordieTwo

HA!

Another great example of the mental gymnastics!

“That penny pinching tight arse, Mike Ashley, is spending millions just to make a petty point to man on the other side of the world who is getting on with his job and has moved on.”

Seriously, says more about the people who come up with such nonsensical conspiracies than anything.

Juvenile minds.

• jazzyp

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:16 PM

Mindshaft

Almiron

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:17 PM

What can donkey do with all this talent we re buying? Relegation battle, here we come! n

• The mighty wyn

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:17 PM

It’s a good start. At least it looks like we might have bought a bit of pace and flair. Net spend of 30 million so still need to spend some more on a good goalscorer

• barkel

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:18 PM

I can see a lot of people getting interested by these new signings and turning up for Arsenal, really hope that’s not the case and the boycott goes ahead.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:19 PM

This is when we have to pull together lads. This is definitely an Ashley attempt to keep us up with a poor head coach. It may work. Especially this season. We still need another good striker most of all. That would be at least 25M to get somebody even half decent.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:20 PM

This is true…this is what Ashley is all about: —> That penny pinching tight arse, Mike Ashley, is spending millions just to make a petty point to man on the other side of the world who is getting on with his job and has moved on.”

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:20 PM

Terrible of me to call you Jamarique, Genjikai. What an insult. Almost like I called you Stalin.

• jane

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:21 PM

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:22 PM

There’s no doubt Ashley’s tenure as owner has been anything but good enough, no doubt it’s well past time he sold upend gave someone else a go, and little doubt we won’t win anything with him, but I think he’ll win the day here by giving Bruce a decent squad and a side too many of the fans won’t be able to resist getting behind. Ironically aided and abetted by Rafa, doing so well on so little, and allowing the club to restock its coffers.

• jazzyp

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:22 PM

Barkel

Ashley has played the masses a treat mate. Suckered in to his trap again..Bums on seat please, Easily pleased

• Genjikai

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Yeah tony thats not the point its the constant going on at posters.
    Youve drove a better blogger than you away in bobbybee. Better toon fan than you bobby is.
    Tony ill say it again.
    When im done with ashley.
    Im coming for you.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:23 PM

Take it any way you please Hail. I don’t think Ashley lies awake at night scheming against Rafa but he’ll be happy to protect his investment now that he knows he doesn’t have the high quality manager to keep us up. If it makes Rafa grind his teeth a bit that’s an added benefit. If you focus more on the footy and less on personal insults it might work better. Who knows! You definitely have your own agenda I see. That’s a big problem on here. Juvenile minds?

• Sliema

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:24 PM

So we have a net spend right now? Something isn’t right. Someone is leaving, be it Schar, Dubs or Longstaff, no way we get through unscathed. Net spend… us… Ha! Fatter chance than the fat round our lovely owners midrift

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:24 PM

Genjikai: I have never said to firebomb SD stores – that was Dubai Micky. I have pointed out that that is totally wrong.

I have advocated AGAINST going to Charnley’s house to bother his wife and kids which is what that last meeting at the Irish Club proposed. According to you, Genjikai, anyway.

try and twist my words all you like.

• swemag

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Mike Ashley to Steve Bruce – ‘You are beaten, it is useless to resist, don’t let yourself be destroyed as Rafa did’.

Arsenal will be a sell out. Dark forces reign supreme.

Empire strikes back!

• SwissSte

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM

There’s an underwhelming reaction because these signings are gambles. Summer 2015 we signed a young striker and young French winger with a Championship level manager. At least this time our defence is rock solid. We dispensed of a world class elite manager that wanted an organisation to show some ambition, to build an academy that would produce a player or two per season, with vision, strategy and ambition. That wanted to get back into Europe and win things. Until there are visible, concrete changes in the structure of the club and the way it’s run, whilst I will always support the team, the systemic problems lie with the regime. These signings are simply a sticking plaster, which is why the boycott is still absolutely necessary.

However, if we end up top 8, Joe Linton scores more than 10 and we get to QF of FA Cup, I’ll heap praise on Ashley, just like all of you that have forgotten the absolute shambles of a month ago, let alone these last 12 years.

1 2 3 15