web analytics

Allan Saint-Maximin Sends Classy Message To Former Club

Allan Saint-Maximin has tweeted out a message to his former club OGC Nice and their supporters. This is really a classy move from our new number 10.

Here is a rough translation of the above tweets:

“A page turns, as you know I left Nice for Newcastle and with my little family we wanted to thank you, the great Niçe family.

“Thank you for your smiles, for your kindness every time we met, for cheering me during games, for sometimes shouting at me too (yes because it’s also a family), for having given these conditions to my two daughters.

“For allowing me to continue to live my dream of football, for giving me the chance to wear this jersey. A big thank you also to the staff and my teammates who are more than teammates for me.

“It’s hard to leave you, I’m proud to have been one of yours and shared all these good times with you. I wish the best to OGC Nice for the future!

“I will continue to be behind this club as a supporter this time.”

This is great message from Allan. We are thrilled with his signing today and cannot wait to see him play this season.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:26 PM

Well said Nicky.

• jane

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:27 PM

would the boycott be called off if the transfer business was good enough?

Luton Bournemouth match has been very good. very positive football from both teams. Boro just missed pen. 2-3.

• IrishMagpie

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Tony from a few threads back. I wasn’t looking for a fight with a fellow supporter, just to put someone to sleep because they annoy me. I even offered to buy them a pint afterwards and have a good chat about old times.

I refuse to believe this place is an accurate reflection of Newcastle fans as a whole though. If it was I’d say 75% are bitter and brain dead with more interest in the politics of things than the actual team or sport.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:28 PM

Tony

Why do you care about the boycott ?
    Your going to watch it on the tv from another continent

You seem to want to discourage people from doing anything other than just sit back and let Jabba roll them over for another 12 years

Exactly how will a boycott affect you in any way what so ever ?

• swemag

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:29 PM

Mike Ashley to Steve Bruce – ‘You are beaten, it is useless to resist, don’t let yourself be destroyed as Rafa did’.

Arsenal will be a sell out. Dark forces reign supreme.

Empire strikes back!

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:30 PM

IrishMagpie

3 groups

Pro Jabba
    Anti Jabba

And the un informed both sides want to influence

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:30 PM

I’m looking forward to see the new lads play for us. Can Mr. Brucie make a team out of them? We should know soon enough. There are definitely weaker sides than us in the Prem at least on paper. It takes until November or so to really see who is going to struggle for the whole season. My early choices for bottom 3 after a couple of months are Sheffield, Norwich and Brighton.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Its the reason everyone is here

😉

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:31 PM

Genjikai: I didn’t drive Bobbybee away. You are making stuff up. Bobbybee is so full of himself he would not listen to me. Just lies you are telling. Anybody who had read Bobbybee’s posts knows he is full of himself and I have had no influence on his posting on here.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:32 PM

I think we will be good enough to stay in the league, so long as the traitor dont stuff it up

But thats not the point,and the pro Jabba brigade know it

• Pain in the Blog

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:32 PM

OLG,

It seems that we can’t have any banter since you are a night owl and I stop posting at 09:30pm because from then to 12pm is my wife’s time slot – got to show willing.

I know it’s too early for music discussion but…

I did answer your post a few days ago about your Carthy/Waterson news. I was never really into them. I joined the folk music revolution in 1969 or thereabouts following and trying to emulate Paul Simon, Bob Dylan, Davy Graham, etc. before moving on to ISB, Steeleye Span, Fairport and the like. I actually preferred the acoustic tracks that the rock bands were producing at that time, such as Led Zep and King Crimson.

I was never a big fan of your idol and anagram but I liked the other three, C,S & N. Floyd are my all-time favourites. Nowadays I like Elbow and Calexico.

If you get to read this and respond then I’ll get back to you before 09:30 sometime. Incidentally, did you ever frequent the Cellar Club in Ashington?

Oh, and Carltoon told you that the Lochside is on the top of Shields Road. It’s not, it’s on Coach Lane, just a couple of hundred yards from the Coast Road.

Carltoon,

Good shout about the guitar night there. I might try to get along some Thursday night. Thanks.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Tony

Remember all those days or bickering and unreasonable arguing ?

I can

Its a poor PR tactic of disruption

Funny that

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Bobbybee seemed like a decent lad to me. I see no reason he shouldn’t be able to post on here without endless harassment. I’ve been on the receiving end myself so I know of what I speak!

• IrishMagpie

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:33 PM

Wait frog, wait, I want another group. Fans who have been following the club for years, know the current situation is poop but are willing to support the team and manager anyway. That’s me.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:37 PM

We arnt happy with just staying in the league any more
    We arnt happy with the team being unable to string a cup run together as we dont have the players to do it,as were always struggling to stay in the league
    We arnt happy with us never being able to build a team,were not unreasonable,we dont spend what we make on players
    Thats ignore all the ways Jabba is bleeding the club dry

Were sick of the dross Jabba is passing off as a football team,were sick of SD United

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:37 PM

G2: I didn’t harass Bobbybee. I called him a hypocrite because he had written 3,000 words in every post about NOT boycotting and then did a 180 after about 1 million words saying the opposite and telling everybody on here that they couldn’t dictate to him and it was his money and he could spend it the way he wanted.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:37 PM

IrishMagpie

The un informed your on about, they have no idea how bad things are and are fully under the spell of some expensive PR

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:38 PM

I think almost everyone on here thinks they fall into that category IrishMagpie. It’s the details that get everyone in a froth. Does boycotting hurt Ashley without affecting the team? Is there a better way to get Ashley out? Is there any way to get Ashley out? It’s been argued about on here almost since he bought us and I can’t see it stopping soon.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:38 PM

Tony Baloney

I think not lol
    You harassed everyone
    Its a typical disruption tactic,a way to change the narrative

• Genjikai

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:40 PM

Constantly called bobby a hypocrite everytime he was on here. For a month.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:41 PM

If you dont like the boycott dont do it
    Its quite simple

But you get people from another continent trying to say not to

You dont find all of this odd ?

• oldarse

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Why don’t you lot just ignore Balooney the copy and paste crap merchant?

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:41 PM

Genjikai

Lets not let facts get in the way of trying to get people to not boycott

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:41 PM

I think others had a role to play in Bobbybee leaving Tony. I just don’t agree with anyone using personal insults instead of just making their point. I very rarely do it. Jib/Jane/Jeff has been an exception but whenever I cool off I realize it was pointless and sometimes I’m even embarrassed about what I’ve said to him/her? The less it gets personal on here the better.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Sound like JIB

Smells like JIB

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM

It is sort of hilarious that anybody would think that I had anything to do with Bobbybee not posting. He is full of himself and nothing I could do would change that.

Makes me even more sure that this boycott will fail with Genjikai leading it.

• jane

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM

“Why do you care about the boycott ?
    Your going to watch it on the tv”

toon22 could this be leveled at you too?

• IrishMagpie

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM

No Frog, I’m talking about people who realise how bad things are, are pissed off about it but choose to support the manager and players anyway, while being pissed off with the regime. You can deny that groups existence all you want but I honestly believe that’s the group the majority of fans fit into. Not the keyboard warriors on here, the actual run of the mill fans.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:42 PM

Tony

Just like any average toon fan

You would love the boycott to fail

😉

• oldarse

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Balooney Kemo sabe

• Shelvey

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Glad we got the two signings. Sell Gayle, colback and Lazaar (if even possible?) and bring in a new striker and a midfielder. I think Rolando Aarons might have some potential left in him, give him a last chance as a squad player. It will be interesting to watch the match agains St. Etienne tomorrow. All the interviews I have been from the players are positive. Seems like the players have been working really hard for a few weeks and are determined to “move forward” as a club. I think our central line in the team is more solid than a lot of the other teams which will aim for mid table,/ fight relegation. Cannot see us relegated this year.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Jane

Hiya KBA

Wheres JIB these days ?

hahahahahahahahaha

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 PM

I called Bobbybee a hypocrite BECAUSE HE IS A HYPOCRITE.

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:43 PM

Im guessing somewhere in the Bigg Market

LMAO

• Tony Baloney

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Hiya Abe. I thought you were telling everybody to ignore me.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:45 PM

Mikexshit now! …one step forward, two steps…

• GeordieTwo

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:45 PM

I think you’re right about that IrishMagpie. And well said Shelvey@71.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:46 PM

Yeah, the side will have its moments. The defense and midfield is top half. The forwards have pace and quality, and although they would appear to lack the final ball and finishing to propel us into the top ten, the side will almost certainly quicken our pulses more than it has managed over the last couple of seasons, and win enough points to keep us up quite comfortably, unless Bruce pulls a McDuff.

• SPRINGY

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:48 PM

I’d like to take some of the plaudits for us signing 2 players so quickly…i think me saying charnley was like flash the sloth from metropolis when comes to him sugning players…myt of hit a nerve!lol,obvs I’m joking before people get stroppy!….must admit tho, im actually shocked at the lay out of money,and players coming in…still not convinced by bruce but he’s here so good luck,still want that fat tub of cockney goo gone like but cant see that happening….any time soon unfortunately.

• jane

Aug 2, 2019 at 9:48 PM

“Jane

Hiya KBA

Wheres JIB these days ?

hahahahahahahahaha”

toon22 you seem rattled. pretty poor come back that!