web analytics

Newcastle Target Left Out Of French Club’s First Eleven For Final Preseason Match

Newcastle right-back target Emil Krafth has been left out of the first-team for SC Amiens final preseason fixture against Spanish club Leganes this evening. Their recent signing Christophe Jallet has taken his place in the starting eleven.

An Amiens fan account has sent out the following tweet.

This translate to:

Emil Krafth, who is increasingly out and has not trained much this week, is not in Luka Elsner’s 11 against Leganés. Christophe Jallet starts at La Licorne against the Spaniards

Amiens coach Lukas Elsner had the following comments about Emil Krafth a few days after the French club had rejected a bid from Newcastle for the Swede.

“Emil is a great professional

“We are a development club, which will inevitably have to deal with this kind of situation.

“There are no worries about him and his ability to handle events. For my part, I know there are things going on behind the scenes.

“Today, I’m on the field and what interests me are the players at my disposal.

“We will also bring in more talent, this is the reality of the club. The fact that players are being wooed is not a problem in itself.

“Going forward, solutions have been planned in case of departures and I think we are well equipped to face all possible events.”

From these comments, it seems like he is not certain that Krafth will remain with Amiens. He joined the club for £2m this summer after spending last year on loan.

Newcastle have reportedly had a bid of £4.6m rejected by Amiens this past week. There have been no reports of any further bids by Newcastle.

• toon22

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Funny that Munster should come to the defense of JIB

Its not like they are both pro Jabba

• IrishMagpie

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Maybe they are both just anti Frog.

• Toon222

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:12 PM

Always wanted to c gayle play alongside a decent target man, some1 he could play off, like mitro but for some reason rafa never played them at the same time, when we got promoted rafa either played mitro on his own which didnt work as others wer 2 far in ther own half when mitro received the ball or gayle and joselu which didnt work cos joselu wasnt good enuf, i think if gayle was played alongside the proper target man hes a quality finisher

• Munster Mag

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:13 PM

The Irishman has spoken. Thats all thats neded. Where are u from?

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Anyone recall in the early days of the Metro they named each train after a song ?
    Nannie’s a mazer
    Cushy Butterfield
    etc.
    I think one was actually called the Geordie Ridley

• Munster Mag

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:15 PM

Toon 222 we wud have battered that league if rafa played gayle and mitro up from. They transformed the norwich and west brom game later.

• Zele

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:16 PM

Moonraker15,

I no longer live in the North East so dont know whether younger folk ever singalong to or even listen to traditional Geordie songs. Is it dying out ?

I’ve always been disappointed with the Club that they dont encourage the crowd in singing our wonderful heritage of unique Geordie songs. Its something that I hoped Sir John or Sir Bobby would have instigated.

• geordietom

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:16 PM

anyone else looking forward to the new season ?…

• geordietom

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:20 PM

I’m a broken-hearted keelman
    and I’m o’er head in love
    With a young lass from Gyetsid
    And I call ‘er my dove
    Her name’s Cushie Butterfield
    And she sells yellow clay
    And ‘er cousins a muckman
    And they call him Tom Gray
    She’s a big lass
    She’s a bonny lass
    And she likes her beer
    And I call her Cushie Butterfield
    And I wish she was here
    Her eyes is like two holes
    In a blanket burnt through
    And her breath in the mornin’
    Would scare a young coo
    She wears big galoshes
    And her stockings once was white
    And her bed gown it’s lilac
    And her hat’s never straight
    She’s a big lass
    She’s a bonny lass
    And she likes her beer
    And I call her Cushie Butterfield
    And I wish she was here
    Cushie Butterfield
    Aa’s a broken hairted keel man and Aa’s ower heed in luv

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:21 PM

im looking forward to season good attacking players brought in it will make a change from Rafas defending from the kick off hoping for a draw

• Toon222

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM

Munster

I kno rafas style didnt suit playing 2 up front but ther wer times when rafa did play 2 he always had joselu and gayle, id loved 2 hav seen him and mitro, mitro was slow enuf but his hold up was excellent

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM

geordies lost is liggies

• geordietom

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:22 PM

dave toon … good lad …

• swemag

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Impressed by the apparent boycott today. Will be interesting to see how many can stay away from the Arsenal game with our new signings seeming quite exciting.

• Nufc-83

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM

Who do we think will start maxim or Almiron. It’s pretty dam certain we will play 352 so one will be on the bench??

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:23 PM

alang the scotswood road

• barrowtoon

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:25 PM

I’m prepared to be shot down as I’m going off memory and these days it’s pretty poor! But with Gayle at palace he never really got a good run, more due to injury.Then with us I recall Rafa didn’t want to let him go but had to roll the dice him or Rondon for the deal to go through.So Joelinton is a strong forward who is similar to Rondon, maybe that’s what Gayle needs a strong target man while he exploits the space. I hope so as he knows where the net is just maybe he hasn’t had the right support?

• Toon222

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:25 PM

Dave

I think its unfair to say rafa went out to playfor a draw, he hadnt a very strong squad and set his team up to stay in the game to as late as possibe and nick a winner, defensively rafas team was very good and we did nick winners in alot of games wer we had very little of the ball

• Zele

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:26 PM

geordietom,

From reading the various blogs it would appear that many more supporters are looking forward to the start of the season than they did a couple of weeks ago.

The new arrivals have certainly fired up the enthusiasm level.

Of course we still have the negative brigade. You can’t please all the people all the time I suppose.

• MarkBro

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:27 PM

I reckon Gayle can replace Perez for goals. Id still like to see another striker and trim the wingers and get a cpl of quality ones instead.

Maxi, Richie, maybe Atsu.. are good enough but not so sure about Murphy, Aarons

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:27 PM

Anyone remember
    Wor Geordie’s lost his penga ?

• Zele

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:28 PM

geordietom,

A beautiful rendition, well done.

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:28 PM

He’s went and fetched a claes prop

• Toon222

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:29 PM

Barrowtoon

Completely agree, my mate is a big man utd man and knows his football and reckoned we got a real snip when we got gayle, he watched him alot when he was at palace and said when he played he always scored

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:30 PM

i agree against better teams defend well first but when your playing average teams he still played very defensive

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:30 PM

Zele
    I said a couple of days ago that
    Bobbybee must be on the horns of a terrible dilemma
    I for one wouldn’t blame him if he’s had a re-think about boycotting

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:30 PM

So have we got to many players now, it’s going to be a headache for Brucie slotting them all in.

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:32 PM

geordie had a pigeon

• MarkBro

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:33 PM

I for one loved rafa and what he did for anufc, on the other hand i wasnt overly impressed with his style. We knew as soon as we kicked off what we were in for. Tight unit, wingers playing wingbacks most of the time, defend and hit on the counter… Wasnt the prettiest but was effective.

Was it due to our players abilities or rafas preferred style? We had lots of opportunities to play 2 up front against weaker teams at home but rarely did. Almiron changed the dynamics but some games we lacked a bit of creativity and attacking pressure

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:33 PM

im 58 i grew up hearing me grandad singing old geordie songs

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:33 PM

I remember a wee lass cracking a claes prop across me heed, I think I deserved it though!

• MarkBro

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:34 PM

*nufc ..obviously 🙂

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:35 PM

Essex
    The squad of 25 has to be confirmed by Thursday
    of course U21’s are extras so the Matty Longstaff’s
    etc are allowed without affecting squad numbers

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:36 PM

Towards the end of last season we were getting more possession and being more attacking, I reckon Rafa would have adapted to accommodate the new players.

But he’s gone so the point is moot!

• toon22

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:36 PM

JIB

Toeing the PR line about the boycott
    LoL

Who would have guessed

You can see that they really don’t want s protests/ boycott

• Reilly

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:36 PM

penka.jib.

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:37 PM

i dont blame all the lads wanting to boycott to get fatty out i just dont think it will do any good …we had seamour and westwood the pirate back in day they were hated ..but we just went to the match because we wanted to watch our team good or bad

• Zele

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:37 PM

Jib,

Is the boycott an age related thing ?

I started watching the lads from the early 1960s into the dreadful seventies were the teams, stadium and club in general were appalling and so my view of the situation today is conditioned by this comparison.

• Jib

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:38 PM

Jeez they are advertising match of the day for next Saturday
    on the Beeb
    It’s nearly upon us chaps

• toon22

Aug 3, 2019 at 8:38 PM

what do you care about a boycott JIB

You’ve never even been to the toon

😉