web analytics

New Signings Shown In Training As Two Return From Injury

Newcastle United have tweeted the following two minute video of the team in training this morning. It shows the two new lads Allan Saint-Maximin and Jetro Willems seemingly settling in well. Check out the finish by Saint-Maximin to close the video.

It looks like Rolando Aarons and Allan have become good friends already.

We also noticed that Achraf Lazaar and DeAndre Yedlin have both returned to training. It will be nice boost to get DeAndre back in the squad as he can provide nice competition for Javier Manquillo. He has returned from groin surgery which he underwent in May.

Steve Bruce is also looking to strengthen the position with the addition of Emil Krafth. We have also been linked with youngster Jayden Bogle this morning who we think would be an outstanding signing.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:19 PM

C dog
    I don’t know, I’m iffy about 4 at the back. The only cb partnership that I feel is solid is Lascelles and Lejuene. I don’t see other partnerships working as well. 3 cbs is what works in my opinion for the defenders we have and for schar.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:23 PM

ronaldo aarons

For sure but it’s a Rafa system isn’t it. I think we can maximize our offensive efforts this year given the pace in attack we now possess. We lacked pace up until miggys arrival. Now him and maximin I’d just like to see them lads run riot in attack. Schar wouldn’t suit 4 at the back but is great cover for Lejeune and Lascelles

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:25 PM

typical init having a good convo about music and the bus moves …

😀

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:26 PM

Mund
    I think we always have to worry about sales on deadline day but I don’t see any clubs willing to pay the amount we would look for. So I think we are safe for now in that regard.

To be honest, I did like Matty but thought he’s well off from the first team. So he’s surprised me in pre season how he has taken to the senior level and reports of impressing the others in training. Maybe he isn’t far off as I thought from the first team.

Always believed in Sean though, I was on here in the championship season promoting him before he went to Scotland and then Blackpool.

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:28 PM

Oldarse …

i could’nt get a ticket mate i was only a young lad and me was was a widow with 4 kids money was tight …

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:32 PM

C dog
    Yeah get there is other factors at play here especially with Rafa not here anymore. One thing is though, teams obviously will see the pace in the team so will likely sit back rather than have a high line as some teams chose to do last season.

Will we have enough about us to break teams down or will we gift possession and get caught out of position?

Interesting season ahead.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:33 PM

Sorry to hear that Tom, must have been tough mate, mothers the shit they have to go through

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Munster previous thread.
    Angels Alan is at Leipzig now.

• DAVE..TOON..9

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:34 PM

Any you oldies remember inter Milan keeper punching the ref and getting sent off

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Angels Alan??
    Auto correct outdone themselves here.

Nagelsmaan.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:35 PM

See mine everyday photo by my bedside kiss her evening and morning there a miss

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Ronaldo

I was just as surprised to see Matty take his chance with both hands this pre-season I like you thought he was way off the first team but then his performance’s in the few games in pre-season showed what a real live wire he can be. Looks full of energy with an incredible work rate and when you can come up with screamers like he did against st Etienne make me all that more excited about seeing him develop.

I always knew Sean had the quality but like many could he step up and break into the first team? Now we know he can and I believe we were really lucky to have him emerge on the scene the way he did and I can’t tell you how excited I am at seeing there careers grow. Hopefully with the black and whites of Newcastle.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Their

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:36 PM

I dont think we have good enough defenders for 4 at the back. I dont think there is quite enough pace at centre back and unless the new fullback(s) are serious upgrades not enough dynamism in those areas.
    We lose a lot further up the field, being effectively a man light, but that is offset a little if Leguene and Schar play as their distribution is good.
    My worry is with 3 at the back and 3 in midfield we will be even lighter up top. I hope Bruce finds a way to play Almiron, Jo and ASM. Rafas formation would work with only 2 in midfield and the 3 up front.
    I would like them to try a 4 3 3 against some teams at home. Open up a little and have a go. Not against everyone tho!

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:37 PM

anyway back to the grind tom

• jon

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:37 PM

So far I’ve managed to catch up to Saturday on the blog, & that includes skip reading quite a bit, you boys & girls need to show down!

Just have to console myself with a pre sale celebratory pint.

😉

🙂

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:38 PM

oldarse …

your right there mate i gave put me mam through shit mate. she was deadly with the hearth brush got loads of lumps on my head off her …

she used to say Thomas just wait till you’ve got bairns of your own how right she was …

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Old arse …

lost my mam in 77 mate … got a daughter who’s the spit of her …

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Unless he is an absolute worldly and there is no evidence of that yet then Matty Longstaff should go on loan. He is still very young and will definitely benefit. Picking level will be key. Maybe league 2? Conference? He is better going a league below and playing than sitting on a bench anywhere.

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Oldarse …

go get the washing in mate …

😀

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Did or does anyone play champo I ask to see if anyone remembers when they had players randomly headbutt a referee and get banned for 12 month

I remember Ronaldinho doing a bicycle kick to the refs head and getting a 12 month ban lol argh the days

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Mund
    Ay, Matty has never really been a goal scoring midfielder like Sean throughout the youth set up, especially not bangers like that. I wouldn’t expect that on a regular basis but it’s good to see he’s got it in his locker.

Indeed. Hopefully in black and white. We need that as a club too as we don’t produce enough homegrown academy talents to the first team.

• Munster Mag

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:41 PM

Fair play Oldarse.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:42 PM

OK Tom but I’m not ironing them Mate

• Trent1211

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:43 PM

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Munster Mag oops what am I fair play for

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Billy
    That’s a worry. Playing just the 2 up top like Bruce looks to set to do could leave us a little isolated up front. We know Hayden and Longstaff can get up in support at times but it’s not the same.

My preference is the similar set up as last 6 months of last season. 2 in the middle. That would mean though that shelvey would not get ahead of Longstaff and Hayden as you need absolute engines to graft and provide the shield to let the other 3 do their thing.

Plus you don’t have a player like ASM or Almiron and put them on the bench.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Munster Mag

Where can one get tickets to the Gaelic football semi finals? In Dublin for a stag next weekend.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:53 PM

French media have us down as close to signing Edgar Le but for me he’s not a rb or rwb. I’ve seen him a couple times and he’s ok, bit of pace but not better than what we have and more importantly has always been a centre back.

Kenny Lala is a quality option for rb/rwb in France, underrated and affordable. Although he’s 27 so scratch him off the list I suppose.

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2019 at 5:57 PM

ronaldo aarons

What was Bruce’s preferred formation in pre season?

• geordietom

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM

Oldarse …

i dont ironing . but she’s trained me i can use the toilet on me own now …

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:00 PM

C dog
    352/532 I think.

After his comments about 5 strikers. Seems as though the 2 up top will consist of Joelinton, Almiron, ASM, Muto and Gayle.

Don’t know where that leaves the likes of Murphy or Atsu.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:02 PM

Tom think that comes under potty trained

• DaveD1000

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:03 PM

re 3 tuns I’m sure my mob of cousins managed that at one time….Mathiesons, Bob Arthur or was it their mum? can’t remember

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:05 PM

so what age did you leave NE you prob said but to busy fighting with google she said to busy that fkin Jib

• clinath@ed

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Where is Sorenson? I don’t see him being mentioned when likely forwards are being discussed.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:08 PM

DaveD1000 Margy Mathiesons knifed her boyfriend is this the same family

• DaveD1000

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:09 PM

That’ll be the one lol

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Clinath
    Hopefully going on loan.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Dave are you kidding me mate is she still alive