web analytics

Newcastle’s Fourth Senior Signing Reported To Be Imminent

There are various reports out today that Newcastle United are close to their fourth senior signing of the summer.

According to French outlet Courrier Picard, Newcastle are set to sign Amiens Swedish right-back Emil Krafth imminently.

Newcastle have already had a €1.5M offer turned down for the Swedish International who played for French Ligue 1 club Amiens on loan from Bologna last season.

He signed on with the French club earlier this summer, with Amiens having an option to buy as part of the loan agreement.

But he was left out of the side who played Leganes over the weekend as Newcastle continued to negotiate the price and the report is that he will sign soon for Newcastle.

25-year-old Swedish right-back Emil Krafth – 4th senior signing?

We hope that’s true.

The 20 times capped Swedish International has been reported to be very keen to sign on at Newcastle, and we only want players who want to come to Tyneside.

If we can get the Swede into the club we will have brought in a left-back – Jetro Willems on loan – and a right-back.

Full-back was one of our weak links over the last two seasons under Rafa Benitez so we will have at last tried to fix that weakness.

The price Amiens paid Bologna for Krafth was €2.5M, so a bid of around €6m is surely worth it.

And there was news a couple of days ago that Newcastle had increased their bid to £4.5m for the player.

It may be that the increased bid has now been accepted.

Mike Ashley has a terrible (miserly) habit of wanting every single deal to be the very minimum we have to pay out in transfer fees.

That’s cost us players coming to Newcastle in the past.

We hope he will loosen the purse strings at Newcastle from now on, but we seriously doubt it.

We hope the club can sign Emil Krafth and that will be four outstanding senior players brought in this summer, plus some good youngsters for the U23 side.

If that happens, it will have been a good window and should help lift the spirits of Newcastle fans everywhere.

We certainly need that!

• IrishRob

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:05 PM

In your heart I see the start of every night and every day
    In your eyes I get lost, I get washed away

• IrishRob

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:06 PM

Just as long here in your arms I could be in no better place
    You’re simply the best, better than all the rest……..

• c-dog

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:06 PM

IrishRob

We still class you guys across the sea as British
    You just like a troubled teen
    Confused
    But will return to swear allegiance to the crown in your own time

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:08 PM

From Fantasy football scout.
    Across the whole season, Villa conceded 61 goals, which was the second worst in the top six, and top-half, in fact. That winning run produced a higher rate of clean sheets once Dean Smith’s January signings had time to settle in. Villa recorded shutouts in 26% of their 2018/19 league matches but did so in 50% of the games between March 2 and April 22.

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:09 PM

From a Villa fan on fantasy scout
    “The first half of the season was an absolute catastrophe defensively. Steve Bruce was completely negligent with regards to the state he left us in defensively. James Chester has been our best player over our years in the Championship, and he has damaged his body for the rest of his career due to having to play with an injury because we only had two proper centre backs at the club up until January.” – Dan Bardell, The Villa View

• IrishRob

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Cdog…It’s a good thing I dont really concern myself with what ‘ye’ think then isn’t it. Personally I love England and english people, they were nothing but kind to me when I lived there, you’re not gonna get me to be racist sweetheart.

I’ll leave that to the likes of yourself. Like I said I dont concern myself whith what ye think. I am sorry for you though, sorry you cant seem to annoy little old me, no matter how hard you try. Lol lol lol

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:13 PM

Anyone else concerned about Bruce’s old school “run til you drop” fitness programme?.If you could say anything about the team last season it would be how fit they were

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:17 PM

Every manager will have someone say something bad about them no matter who they are world class or pub manager.

There are a lot of players who have had a go about Rafa as well but that doesn’t sway our opinion about the man so why should other opinions make feel differently about Bruce

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:19 PM

I’m not one bit happy with the appointment of Bruce but I for one will give him his chance this year. I’ve got doubts he will do anything notable but have a good feeling in the end we will be content

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:20 PM

Mund,
    It’s an opinion backed by cold hard fact, his defence was shit, there is not a lot of goals in our team imo so he needs to have a shit hot defence which was our strength.

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:21 PM

Mund,
    If he does manage to keep us around 13th with never a cup run, will you be content.

• IrishRob

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:23 PM

Better than anyone, anyone I ever met…….

• lesh

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:24 PM

So, Charmeless is still pi$$ing about with this supposed bid. He’s running the clock down on getting players where they’re needed and still we’re sitting on players who are neither use nor ornament for the first team. Why are we still sitting with the likes of Colback? Why haven’t they just been paid up and paid off – freeing spaces.

A matter of days now until kick off and they’re still phartarsin’s about which’ll mean no real bedding in time for any, if any newcomers.

Same old, same old, let’s concentrate on the cash and ignore the playing side. Barnes or Ashley? Who’s running the show?

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:25 PM

Mund
    In the job he had previous to Sheff Wed a supporter threw a cabbage at him.

• Jib

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:26 PM

Just as well Oldarse’s IQ figures were not included
    in the English survey.
    That would have knocked the average well down

• B&W blood

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:27 PM

Taking owners managers etc out of the picture

What do people think long term success looks like for us.

Should we be fighting for top 4 and winning cups.

Regular top 6 and europa league

Pushing for top 6 + good cup runs occasional europa league.

It would be interesting to know where par should be for our club, obviously there will be the occasional anomaly

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:28 PM

Jail

I don’t and never have rated Bruce he has an awful record that can’t be denied. Yea his Villa defence was woeful I agree there he is very or should I say we are lucky we are strong there.

It’s all ifs and buts right now with what will happen this season. Will certain players perform
    Will the new lads coming in perform to expectations? Who knows but I’m hoping they will be a success and I believe they will be.

13th no cup runs of course I wouldn’t be happy. I’ve said previously that I don’t miss many games (streamed) probs about 7 in the last 10 year or maybe a little more. Why I say this is because I’ve sat through the dire football we played under the likes of pardew, carver and mclaren not to mention joe Kinnear. For me you take the good with the bad and just hope that the good outweighs the bad. Hope is the word and nowadays Newcastle United don’t project that to us fans but doesn’t mean I’ll give in.

So to answer your question mate nah I wouldn’t be happy one bit and would call it a failure if we did.

• Jib

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:28 PM

Lesh
    You are a much better poster when you ignore footy matters

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:29 PM

How furious do you have to be to actually make the choice of going into a greengrocers before the match buying a cabbage,smuggling it into the ground,with the sole intention of launching it at your football teams manager?,that’s some next level fury.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:30 PM

Bloody Aussies.

Shane Warne best Aussie commentator since Benaud. Yes Jib, I know there was a sainted one in Aus but I never listened to him.

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:32 PM

Mojo

I wonder if there is any footage of it I’ll have to have a gander

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:34 PM

No footage bud,there’s this.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:37 PM

I think we are OK. 14th or 15th. We could do a Leicester and surprise people. Not to win the league, but to play some decent football. Play to the whippets we have bought?

Let’s face it, we were never going to out-triangle the Pep Machine or out-gegen-press Mr shiny Gnashers.

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:38 PM

Lol.Someone created a twitter account for the cabbage and posted”I was thrown near the bench and Bruce asked me if i could play CB”,LOL

• Jib

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:39 PM

It was a Villa fan who threw the cabbage
    remember them ?

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:40 PM

B&w

Replied on last thread, I’ll save the repost.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:41 PM

hibbit,

ME trying to pass of my opinion as the view of the majority??

Don’t make me laugh…

Do you not understand I KNOW they are not the view of the majority…

ON THIS BLOG.

Outside of this blog, on the terraces…

There will be 45,000+ who will be ignoring the boycott,

Supporting the team not the regime,

Cheering on the new players and old alike,

Hoping we smash Arsenal,

Giving Bruce a chance,

And not writing the season off if we get beat.

YOU and your leading cohort Tsunki are the ones trying to impose your doomster views on the whole of this blog and berating everyone who doesn’t toe your line as being little short of a retard.

Give yasell a shake man and stop spouting your sanctimonious drivel.

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:41 PM

Mr Mojo,
    I’ll buy the cabbage if you throw it.

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:42 PM

Janeib
    Your point?

• Mund

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:42 PM

Mojo

Haha got to say that is funny like

• JohnJ

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:43 PM

B&W blood

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:27 PM

In the all time Premier League table we sit comfortably in 8th position – As far as I’m concerned that’s the very lowest a club of Newcastle United’s stature should be aiming for. With the right owner & manager we should be fighting for a top four or better place!

NUFC played 24 seasons 920 games
    Won 346 drawn 234 lost 340 Goals for 1249 against 1235 GD 14 points 1272

Above Newcastle
    1st Man U – 2nd Arsenal – 3rd Chelsea – 4th Liverpool – 5th Spurs 6th Everton 7th Man City
    Boro 14th – Sunderland in 15th Bolton 18th.

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:44 PM

TNMW
    Buy it now while you still can bud,i think there’s going to be flying off shelves around December.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:44 PM

Jib 15 HAHAHA perked up a bit after last nights mauling I see.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Bill’s son: Tsunki thinks he is funny, but he is about as funny as sitting on a wasp.

• oldarse

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Missed the first bit of the blog, been hanging out the washing only time I get to see the wife’s knickers these days.

• MrMojoBinRisin76

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:46 PM

Janeib
    I shall neatly sidestep that pathetically weak attempt at a tarnish.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:49 PM

Some idiot throws a cabbage at Bruce and it has real significance?

Really?

Probably the same type of idiot who kicks police horses.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 5, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Or was it a punch?

Either way…

Perhaps the cabbage thrower should be a pundit on MOD.

Might be just as good, or bad, as most of them.

• Limericklad