web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Journeyman English Defender

Newcastle were linked with a move for Steven Caulker three years ago when we were planning for a season in the Championship.

At that time, Caulker had just ended a disappointing loan spell at Liverpool in which he had made only 6 Premier League appearances. He was on loan from QPR where he would return before being released from the club in 2017.

He would then go on to join Scottish side Dundee for the second half of the 2017/18 season before joining Turkish club Alanyaspor this past January.

He has had a decent spell in Turkey and now the Mirror are claiming that Newcastle are looking at bringing Caulker in this summer in a £2m deal.

We don’t see much in this link as Newcastle are not short in central defense. Caulker is also 27 years old which is on the edge of Newcastle’s transfer policy of only bringing in players under 26.

Unless one of our current crop of defenders is on the way out in the next few days, we don’t see much in this report.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM

IrishRob

Cheers mate. I assume that’s a pub. Will try a pint of Guinness in there and let you know if it’s any good.

• Veltman

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM

It’s sad to see that some people use two accounts to post and tries to be clever or top individual.
    Which only shows that they don’t have other life other than this blog.There by ruining the place for others.
    They think that they are benefiting something from it.
    Pathetic and disgusting.
    I hope the likes of Ed monitor such people and remove / destroy them from this place.

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:29 AM

Aye c-dog,
    My advice is don’t go calling the Irish thick. They might not like it so much over there. 😉

• Mindshaft

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:30 AM

Tony – the cockney mafia was back when we had llambias, wise, kinnear – also with pards but not so much – haven’t heard that since he left … You need to keep up mate 🙂

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Matt Ritchie must be thick as mince.

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:31 AM

Yes mate it’s a pub, ask one of the heroin addicts on O’Connell St to show you where it is.

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:32 AM

Mike coming from Cdog they would probably just burst into uncontrollable laughter.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:33 AM

The next Mike Williamson

The Irish are all right
    Excluding the blogs Irish contingent of course

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:34 AM

C-dog how long are you over for ?

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:36 AM

BenbulbenMag

Friday & Saturday

• lochinvar

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:37 AM

Press priorities

Pogba, Lampard and Pep’s jumper….not forgetting Slack Alice’s friend Rooney

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:42 AM

Want to do any touristy stuff or just Pub recommendations ?

• oldarse

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:43 AM

woodey 10 outa 10 mate excellent.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:46 AM

Pubs, I’m there for the nights out

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:56 AM

I started writing a list and thought, surely someone has done this before.

I’ll assume you’re staying city centre. I’ll assume you’re open to trying Guinness for the weekend so I’ll poinbt you in the direction of the best pubs to have a pint of Guinness in (in my opinion)

The Pubs on that list that I like :

1. The Palace Bar, 2. Mulligans, 3. The Stag’s Head (Michael Collins and De Valera used to drink in there when they were still talking to each other), 4. The Long Hall, 7. Kehoes (I’m the only person I’ve ever known to have met his wife here;), 13. The Dawson Lounge (Have to go in and look, tiny bar right beside the celtic whiskey shop on Dawson street where you can pick up a nice bottle or two) (Greenspot, Yellow Spot, Connemara (only commercially sold peaty whiskey from Ireland) (If you’re interested I’ll list a few more for you.

If you’re young(ish) head into temple bar later in the evening for the craic and madness (it will bankrupt you though if you stay all day long Pint of Guinness in “The Temple Bar” pub will cost €6.90)

Sorry have to head away for a bit, but you can take a look at the above to get you started.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:59 AM

The Stag’s Head Sounds interesting

Cheers mate

• barkel

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:00 PM

Surely Kehoes should be higher up the list

If you plan to take a break for anything touristy, the little museum of dublin is pretty good. nice short tour, you’ll be done in an hour tops and it’s just off st stephens green, quite close to a number of the pubs listed

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:07 PM

I failed in getting tickets to the all Ireland semi final.

• danishmag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Regarding Matt Ritchie and his comments…

You dont bite the hand, that feeds you.. Very simple!
    It just proves my point from earlier, when i said, that ALL THE PLAYERS are merchants, and should not be supported in the games.
    They, just as well as the twats, that keeps going to games at st. james, are at fault.
    The FAT TWAT OWNER laughs all the way to the bank.

WHERE HAS THE TV MONEY GONE THIS TIME?

• lesh

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:16 PM

There’s no doubt that Ritchie’s been given the Bishop inspired ‘neutral’ line but it’s implicitly supportive of Ashley and his methods. That Bishop should have told Ritchie play the innocent abroad, not understanding the unrest shows that they have set Ritchie up be the focus of criticism from fans. They have exposed Ritchie to being targeted and that in itself is both divisive and inflammatory. That’s disgraceful and not of Richie’s making.

Fans should recognise that Ritchie’s been used by Bishop and placed in an impossible, invidious position and support him. Don’t barrack him, he’s been set up and in doing so, Bishop’s fanning the flames of discontent when he should be trying to persuading Ashley to rethink his position and put the fire out.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:18 PM

c-dog, you’d be crazy lucky to get tickets ! 😉

Barkel, I agree, on my personal list Kehoes is at the top 🙂

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM

BenbulbenMag

I checked out the hurling on tv and they didn’t sell out. Lots of empty seats. Crazy sport. Of the absolute highest quality.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Lesh, I agree to a point, I’m just disappointed that Ritchie would allow himself to be used like that.

At the end of the day though if the person(s) who can guarantee you and your families financial independence for the rest of your life instruct you to do something it’s difficult to say no.

• bettyswallocks

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM

C-dog………. I was desperately trying to find tickets as well to the All Ireland final. No help forthcoming from Munster O Mag the miserable git.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:33 PM

Geordie Tom

Your first discrimination was pretty close

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:34 PM

bettyswallocks

I think he threw his toys out the pram when his native limerick got dumped out by Kilkenny

• lesh

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:38 PM

BenbulbenMag

Yup, it is disappointing that Ritchie may not have realised what he’s been asked to say but and as you say, they’re probably under contract to give approved media statements.

What I find distasteful is that Bishop’s putting the players in an invidious position, using Ritchie in this instance, to fan the flames of discontent.

• lesh

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:41 PM

The press seem to reporting supposed interest in centre backs – can we expect to see Schaer or on of the other top CBs sold off at the last minute? The club’s line’ll be we were aware of internet in him, Ge was keen to go and we were trying to sign a replacement but couldn’t get hi over the …

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Journeyman, was a great album!!

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:42 PM

c-dog Hurling is a fantastic game alright.

My favorite anecdote about it was when Samuel L Jackson was brought to Croke Park to watch a game.

He watched it in silence for about 5 minutes and then turned to the people that brought him and asked ” You mean to tell me this shit is legal ?!!!” He maintained it was more like some kind of underground blood sport.

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:43 PM

I’m going to the All Ireland final with my Dad and Brother.

• DubaiMicky

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Good read that woodey, Aug 7, 2019 at 11:27 AM, Comment #41

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:46 PM

IrishRob

Have a great day. Which match?

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:47 PM

Here here Veltman!!

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:48 PM

The hurling of course!! I’m from Kk

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:51 PM

IrishRob

Nice. I’ll be sure to watch on tv
    Come on Tipperary

😉

• Mindshaft

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:53 PM

Baloney – correct, I work in London a lot… The only thing I ever get is oh Newcastle , oh unlucky, that Ashley’s a right c*** , they are the prems joke team… Hard to actually argue against their comments 🙁

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Idc who wins, I’m not gonna be greedy. We have won enough in hurling over the last 20 years.