web analytics

Newcastle Linked With Journeyman English Defender

Newcastle were linked with a move for Steven Caulker three years ago when we were planning for a season in the Championship.

At that time, Caulker had just ended a disappointing loan spell at Liverpool in which he had made only 6 Premier League appearances. He was on loan from QPR where he would return before being released from the club in 2017.

He would then go on to join Scottish side Dundee for the second half of the 2017/18 season before joining Turkish club Alanyaspor this past January.

He has had a decent spell in Turkey and now the Mirror are claiming that Newcastle are looking at bringing Caulker in this summer in a £2m deal.

We don’t see much in this link as Newcastle are not short in central defense. Caulker is also 27 years old which is on the edge of Newcastle’s transfer policy of only bringing in players under 26.

Unless one of our current crop of defenders is on the way out in the next few days, we don’t see much in this report.

• Munster Mag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:56 PM

Rob I had forgotten you were a Cat. Thanks for turning over Limerick. Hate you man ! I met the Limerick manager the other day. These guys are so sound its unreal

• Munster Mag

Aug 7, 2019 at 12:58 PM

C Dog, If you dont get the shit kicked out of you in Dublin I’d be surprised 😉

Betty, i’d hate to see a match ticket to one of the most remarkable sports events on earth wasted on a heathen dog like you .

🙂

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:00 PM

Lesh,
    I couldn’t imagine anyone’s holding a gun to Ritchie’s head. He could say nothing after all and most players can get the same wages elsewhere. These are either his genuine views or he’s sucking up because he badly wants that contract extension. Most likely a mixture of both. I guess people want to make excuses for Ritchie because they like him and he tries hard. I wonder what toonbrother makes of Ritchie’s comments.I doubt there’ll be any symapthy there.

• Ron Knee

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:04 PM

It’s one thing to mouth platitudes about togetherness; it’s quite another to toe Ashley’s PR line.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:09 PM

Munster Mag

You’re the only Irish man I’d ever antagonize
    I voted remain
    But shan’t flee like the earls of ulster following mountjoys glorious victory in kinsale

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Lol it was a once off Munster, you’ll be ok. I dont rate us, we deserved to win but Limerick have a better team.

• Munster Mag

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:11 PM

Saw a bit more of Bruce on TV. I’m warming to this guy and its clear that they players are too and a couple of them have been quite effusive about his team aswell. As some in the media are saying, this manager might squeeze more out of Ashley than Pardew or Rafa . There is little sign that the players are pining for Rafa either and the blog has stopped being a Taliban stronghold . Rational discussions , which is all I ever asked for from the start. Anyway, I said i would stop talking about Rafa so Id better shut up.

• Munster Mag

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM

C Dog I know you’re only a bollocks. We’d get on famously over a few pints

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:12 PM

For anybody wondering why I have a history of conflict with the odious Bill’s son is back only has to look at his comments last night. Despite the misery of the last twelve years and the fact that ”Bill’s” wants to see the back of Ashley he would take delight in someone losing their house for daring to call Ashley a thief, some of most despicable comments I’ve been unlucky enough to read on her over the years.

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM

Munster he wont get a hair on him harmed. You know hes only a big boy in front of the computer screen.

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:13 PM

‘I dont condone violence but have you ever tried giving her a fat lip?’

Sigh. MENSA has really set the bar low if this is the kind of person who gets in these days.

Apostrophes are obviously optional these days too it seems.

• oldarse

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM

And Just in case you hadn’t seen it, please read.

Bills Son Is Back
    Aug 6, 2019 at 9:13 PM
    OP – no chance we or anyone will get the books as it will show all the shady deals friends family and SD are getting.
    You need to be very very careful making statements like that.
    Why?
    Because libel laws apply equally to the internet as anywhere else.
    You are making a serious allegation which, if untrue, could result in legal action against you AND Ed as the publisher of the blog.
    Ed could also be forced to remove all like minded blogs, remove any further posts immediately and be forced tp identify you and any others making similar accusations.
    Ashley could easily send his people to the likes of the Irish Club meeting, record accusations and easily mingle and identify you and other posters.
    If you think this is all bollocks you, Ed and others could be skating on very thin ice.
    I made what I believed was a sensible suggestion.
    You have basically come back and stuck two fingers up.
    I hope you’ve got deep pockets and are happy to lose your house if MA comes after you.

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:15 PM

Jail, you also have a talent for twisting peoples words on here to so…….

• oldarse

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:17 PM

IrishRob No words twisted here.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:19 PM

Cdog. Irish Rob gave you this, Cdog, The bottom of the Liffey is nice this time of year!

If you do go to the Liffey for a pint of Guinness then be prepared to wear your swim suit.

When you there Cdog drink a couple of Dark ‘N’ Stormy‘s, that will get you on your way, maybe add a Jameson Chaser or Dublin 12.

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:23 PM

Nostradamus

I can’t handle whiskey

• IrishRob

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Scythe…. Intelligent people are most definitely not the type of person you think we are. We’re human, ergo some of us like sarcasm, some of us like to act stupid, some of us like to antagonize, some of us like to act childish even.

I’m very sorry to have to be the one to burst your bubble but how somone acts or behaves has absolutely no correlation to their I.Q

NEXT!!!!

• c-dog

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:25 PM

Munster Mag

The history I refer to is dark, not glorious, but fascinating periods for both nations from a long distance

• geordietom

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:59 PM

c-dog …
    River Liffey…The River Liffey is a river in Ireland that flows through the centre of Dublin. Its major tributaries include the River Dodder, the River Poddle and the River Camac. The river supplies much of Dublin’s water and a range of recreational activities. …

hence the comment about BOTTOM of the Liffey …

• geordietom

Aug 7, 2019 at 2:04 PM

OP …

so your 6ft plus covered in tats have piercings all over shaved head wears a newcastle top …

am i any closer …