web analytics

Official Announcement As Andy Carroll Returns To Newcastle

Here is the official and somewhat emotional announcement of Andy Carroll returning to Newcastle United after 8 and 1/2 years away.

Andy joins on an initial one year deal as he hopes to return to fitness and help his hometown club this season. He is now thirty-years old and has had a tough time of it since leaving.

He has reportedly turned down a team in the Serie A as well as numerous offers in the MLS to rejoin the club he left as promising 22-year-old.

This is what Andy has said about his return to Newcastle United

“It feels very good. My friends and family are here, and it’s the club that I support – it is home.

“I enjoyed the time I spent here, and hopefully I can carry on where I left off. When I left eight-and-a-half years ago, I was scoring goals and I was enjoying my football.

“It’s been a pretty tough time since then, and I just want to get back to that.

“I know it’s home. I’ve played here, I’ve spoken to the fans – I am a fan – and my family is here.

“For me to get back to where I was, I think this is the only place for me.”

We are thrilled to have Andy back at Newcastle United and we hope he can make an impact this season. He will be determined to show that he still has enough left in the tank to add to his tally of 33 goals with the club.

This is what Steve Bruce has said about Big Andy coming back home.

“To bring a local hero like Andy back to Newcastle United is fantastic. He is very excited to be home.

“He is a big, physical threat in the opposition box and another great option for us at the top end of the pitch.

“He gives us something different to what we already have and we’ll do our best to get him flying again.”

When fit, Carroll will give Steve Bruce an option up front. It’s an option the club did not have without him so we feel this signing makes all the sense.

• yogz69

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Welcome home Andy

• lesh

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM

Welcome Mr Carroll and you can be sure of support.

• Mag :P

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM

Martoon. What’s the template for this seasons predictions?

• lesh

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Bill’s son (from previous)

We should be glad that no top players sold eh?

The following’s copied from The Mag and it suggests that had the offer been higher, Sean Longstaff would’ve been on his way out the door.

‘However, Thursday morning has seen The Athletic report that Newcastle United and Manchester United had restarted talks earlier this week.

‘The upshot being that according to The Athletic, a ‘verbal offer of more than £30m’ was made for the 21 year old.

‘The report says ‘Newcastle gave a fairly firm rejection, so it doesn’t seem like a deal will be done’, here’s hoping so.’

The fact that they were even prepared to listen to ManU illustrates that where Ashley’s concerned, money is god and stuff the club, the manager and the fans! If there’s a bigger offer at Christmas, Lobby’ll be sold.

So, Bill’s if you’re a fan who’s putting your faith in Ashley, you deserve all he doles out to his loyal fans. If you’re in the pay of Bishop…

• martoon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:23 PM

Well said Neil!

• ToonMatt

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:24 PM

I’m absolutely buzzing and was jumping around like a lunatic when I saw him on Sky, Great to have him home!

• DubaiMicky

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Anyone got a summary of what happened then? Is wearside jack still on the books?

Could be interesting when the squad numbers are announced – can’t see Carroll with the Number 9 but stranger things have happened at wor club.

• martoon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:25 PM

Mag P I’m on holiday at the moment so Predictions will be next week after the Arsenal game. Probably same categories as last year.

• ToonMatt

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Micky I was thinking that too, Remember when big Al took it off Sir Les back in the day?

• Our Toon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Lesh

Doesn’t matter what club it is, every player has a price. No one know how longstaff will turn out, if he fails to impress or kick on this season will fans still be happy to keep him?

Lads had 3 months of 1st team football, if someone bids 50m I’d probably accept that myself with a sell on clause or first option to buy back

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:27 PM

Scott Carson going on loan to Man City is the day’s bizarre signing. Didn’t see that one coming!

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:28 PM

• Our Toon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:29 PM

Scythe

They need British based players for quota on squad. They only registered 4 last season meaning reduced squad

• Markaccus

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:30 PM

The squad will be interesting. Some of last years loanees may very well find themselves frozen out.

3 keepers and 2 outfield players for each position, plus 2 ‘wildcards’

If we play with 3 cms, we are actually still light in that area, unless colback gets a number

• Mag :P

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:31 PM

Okay Martoon. Any chance you could post the template now?

Gonna post mine now if that’s alright.

• DubaiMicky

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:32 PM

ToonMatt, that was what made me think, apparently it was Big Al’s final point in his negotiation to come here, KK asked Sir Les and his reply was something like, of course, it belongs to him!

• boss hoggs atm

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Nice steptoe & son picture, I truly feel sick ?

• jon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:32 PM

Shouldn’t have gone home last night 🙁

Up till 3am, she’s back into mental hospital, currently wasting for a placement in Prudhoe, NUFC is a piece of p1ss, even with twatshley as an owner.

On AC, I’m neither here or there, something for nothing… ish, as long as it wasn’t too the detriment of someone else coming in.

Defo require a couple of pre sale celebratory pints after the last 24hrs.

🙂

• Markaccus

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:33 PM

So, as usual, we are one body short to fit the intended system. I’d say 7/10 window, and that’s providing most of the new lads show some quality

• dougie

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:35 PM

Oh well,looks like that’s it then,the window closes.Glad we got Carroll in,once he’s fit he could be a real asset.Another gamble by the parasite along with Joelinton who doesn’t seem to score very often.We definitely needed another winger and CM so only half the jobs been done.Good job there’s at least another £30 million in the pot because reinforcements will be needed in January,unless we’re as good as down with Brucie at the helm!

• simon376

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:36 PM

Jon
    Thinking about you mate, know what my friends son can be like, it’s awful. You look after yourself and try and enjoy the pre sale drink

• Hey Miggy You’re So Fine

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:39 PM

Surely it’s looking good?
    Just a reminder, add to the signings the fact that 7 of our best players played only a quarter or half of last season and it was the good second half!
    Lejeune, Schar & Dummett in defence.
    Longstaff, Hayden & Shelvey in midfield.
    And Almiron.

• Malta Mag

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Fantastic news!! Sorry but if he can stay fit he’ll be a great option. Unplayable in the air and yes a local lad. Don’t care who we could have got Im just overcome with excitement and think regardless of everything it’s been a damn good window. Bring on the Gunners!!!

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Our Toon – makes sense now, cheers. It was just weird seeing a keeper who I’d totally forgotten about joining the league champions. A bit like Green joining Chelsea last season.

• martoon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:40 PM

Mag P the trouble is I’m away using dodgy internet and I don’t have my laptop and spreadsheet with me so sorry but it needs to be next week

• jon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:41 PM

There’s still 7 deals being processed by the PL, 7PM deadline for them to be done.

• Mag :P

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Alright Martoon no worries pal.

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM

I’m still shocked that Ashley sanctioned the transfer of a player in his 30’s (with the legs of someone in their 80’s). Mike is way too unpredictable these days.

• The mighty wyn

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM

Sorry to hear that Jon – look after yourself. Enjoy the beers as a bit of a relief from the hassle

• TyneMouth

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Number Nine?

What about 9 9 9… Perhaps…

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:45 PM

Tierney looked happy (not) to be joining Arsenal in his reveal photo pointing to the badge. Looks like someone just drowned his dog in a river.

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:46 PM

martoon
    FFS
    Galivanting around Scandinavia when we need you !

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:48 PM

I very much doubt they’d take Joelinton’s shirt number away from him so soon after signing him. What about the people who got that name and number on the back of their shirts for this season? Yes, they’re mugs for buying a shirt, but still, they’re going to be pissed if Carroll gets the number nine.

I very much think Andy will have taken whatever squad number was available just to pull the shirt on again.

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:48 PM

Ryan Sessegnon will do well under Poch

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:48 PM

I’m sooo happy for this, he is home now.
    The happiest I’ve been about free signing, happier than breaking the club record transfer.

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM

He’ll do a Mitro
    Number 45

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM

I have to agree with Toon 22. The club stated there was a £50m transfer budget + £11m left over, £30m Perez and lets say £3m from odds and end = £94m.
    Prices quoted include fees (as per SSN) Spent £63m + loan / signing on fees for Jetro and AC. Let’s guess at £70m total.
    Are we really keeping £24m for the toughest window in Jan? Anyone expect another Almiron in Jan?
    I remain underwhelmed as we are putting a huge amount of faith in 2 unknown quantities, a couple of decent?? fullbacks and a crock. Add a head coach and players picked by god knows who and I am getting McClaren flashbacks!
    That said, I genuinely hope I am wrong, I want them to thrill and surprise me. Rafas legacy is still there to fall back on if it all goes wrong.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Fly and fly again like an eagle! We love you! Welcome back to home!

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM

I hope we will give it a go on the cups, I’ll be happy even if we don’t win.
    maybe Muto AC or Gayle AC combo for the cup games.

• Jib