web analytics

Official Announcement As Andy Carroll Returns To Newcastle

Here is the official and somewhat emotional announcement of Andy Carroll returning to Newcastle United after 8 and 1/2 years away.

Andy joins on an initial one year deal as he hopes to return to fitness and help his hometown club this season. He is now thirty-years old and has had a tough time of it since leaving.

He has reportedly turned down a team in the Serie A as well as numerous offers in the MLS to rejoin the club he left as promising 22-year-old.

This is what Andy has said about his return to Newcastle United

“It feels very good. My friends and family are here, and it’s the club that I support – it is home.

“I enjoyed the time I spent here, and hopefully I can carry on where I left off. When I left eight-and-a-half years ago, I was scoring goals and I was enjoying my football.

“It’s been a pretty tough time since then, and I just want to get back to that.

“I know it’s home. I’ve played here, I’ve spoken to the fans – I am a fan – and my family is here.

“For me to get back to where I was, I think this is the only place for me.”

We are thrilled to have Andy back at Newcastle United and we hope he can make an impact this season. He will be determined to show that he still has enough left in the tank to add to his tally of 33 goals with the club.

This is what Steve Bruce has said about Big Andy coming back home.

“To bring a local hero like Andy back to Newcastle United is fantastic. He is very excited to be home.

“He is a big, physical threat in the opposition box and another great option for us at the top end of the pitch.

“He gives us something different to what we already have and we’ll do our best to get him flying again.”

When fit, Carroll will give Steve Bruce an option up front. It’s an option the club did not have without him so we feel this signing makes all the sense.

• c-dog

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Carroll out for two weeks
    Give us a brake Jebus

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Just a reminder, there’s only 25 hours left to register your team with the Ed Harrison Fantasy Football League. I’ll leave it open for anyone else to join between now and then.

Code: eythox

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:51 PM

Lee&Bruce is turning be back to prince….no Ashley out now! Kiss my a…o not cas`,,,

• Australian Pie

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Is the 25 man squad announcement tomorrow?

• jon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM

It is what it is peeps, I worry about the Mrs tbh, she’s close to cracking. Hopefully we don’t have to worry about The Toon this year, that’ll help 🙂

We only do away games for the last 5 years, it’s our restbite, defo doing palace, and seeing what else in the smoke we can line up, it all depends on……

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM

Despite being underwhelmed, see above, I will be at SJP on Sunday, I can’t not. I have tried and wrestled with it but my time hasn’t come yet. It was closer than ever but 50 years is a tough habit to break!
    I feel so sad and angry for those who have felt compelled to act. I genuinely hope they get a chance to return soon.
    This club should represent all that is great about our city, the region and its it’s incredible people.
    Shame on Mike Ashley that it doesn’t!

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:52 PM

I would rather get AC than paying money for Marony just for the sake of using the transfer budget.
    Why pay if you can get for free

• TyneMouth

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:53 PM

I wonder what some folks on here would’ve reacted, if Andy Carroll had stayed at West Ham, on the same deal he has agreed to at NUFC!

• Mag :P

Saint-Maximin
    Almiron
    Joelinton
    Gayle
    Carroll
    Muto

I can’t see who else gets in? Matty doesn’t count. Does Sean? If Sean doesn’t then I guess Colback gets his spot.

• c-dog

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:56 PM

Carroll is a genius
    The prodigal son has returned
    Who’s got the celebration ham
    Jib, I’m looking at you

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:56 PM

For the record I’ve been against all signings of known crocks. Carroll, Sturridge last year, any links or poster comments to welbeck etc.

Comments on twitter by West Ham fans wish Carroll luck but say that he declined alarmingly last season. No pace, not Winning headers and not giving a hard time to defenders. That’s from West Ham fans!!

People are not seeing the Carroll of now rather seeing what Carroll was for us or even a couple years ago for West Ham.

I’m personally going to be annoyed if he takes the bench spot off Gayle or muto as he is not the player he was.

Impact sub this, something different that? Possibly. If the impact you’re looking for is a corner flag.

I’m setting up for egg on my face but I’ve never been afraid to admit when I’ve been wrong on a player and held my hands up. Everyone is right or wrong sometimes and it’s a game of opinions but I am adamant I am not going to wrong on this one.

Carroll commented that he wants to carry on from where he left off. He left us injured lol!!

• Pottsclock

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:57 PM

The one thing Carroll has is plenty of experience playing as the big man up front in the EPL and hopefully he can help Joelinton get settled and up to speed more quickly.
    I’ll reserve my judgement on whether it was a risk worth taking when we see who has not made the 25 man squad

• jon

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:58 PM

Hopefully Colback is one of the 7 ongoing deals, he can go forth & multiply as far as I’m concerned!

• Billy Whitehursts V sign

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:59 PM

On his day Andy Carroll is virtually unplayable. Let’s hope his glass ankles allow him 25+ such days. I’ll settle for 20, nah 15 yeah yeah 12 should be enough ……..

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:59 PM

Swemag
    What’s your take on Krafth?

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:00 PM

The only good thing to take from this Carroll signing is that it looks like the club have renovated the dressing room a bit.

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:03 PM

Pleased to see AC back at the club but a little disappointed we didn’t get others in.

Got exited with Kamano and the possibility of Maia coming but I kind of knew they were a long shot. We have a decent squad not a lot of quality in depth tho so hoping our injury records still stay good and not go back to the days before Rafa when we were top of the injury league.

I’m excited for Sunday now this is what we have so let’s get behind them until the team or Bruce gives us a reason not to

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:04 PM

ronaldo aarons
    For the record I’ve been against all signings of known crocks.

I wish I cared

• jon

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:04 PM

6 transfer extensions now.

• Mindshaft

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:04 PM

Ashley sanctioned it because it’s free or very close to, one year deal on a pay as you play is good although personally think fans are remembering the 21 year old Carroll and not the crocked donkey the west ham and liverpool fans had to put up with.

All this he’s a geordie bollocks is a bit desperate – no wonder other fans think we’re inbred… I’ll support whoever is banging in the goals or playing well …
    Bizarre they slag bruce off for being a traitor but ignore Carroll blatently diving to try and win a pen against the toon… fickle fans indeed

• hibbit

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:04 PM

every post related to Andy Carroll has “if he can stay fit” in it,

and now Neil’s quoting Steve Bruce
    “When fit, Carroll will give Steve Bruce an option up front” with “when” being the optional word,
    we needed a proven goal scorer but we got a player on disability don’t be surprised if he has blue badge in his car, as he’s spent that much time on the treatment table over the last few years he’ll be entitled to one!!!

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:06 PM

Jib
    Cared enough to comment 😉

• Mindshaft

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:06 PM

anyway, I’m off for the night – all you dolewallers, petty criminals (JIB) and old miserable gets should try and be nice to each other – have a nice evening 🙂

• c-dog

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Mindshaft

Carroll has come back

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:07 PM

Hibbit
    Go and enjoy your booze cruise

Leave the footy stuff to posters who know what they are talking about

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:09 PM

Newcastle officials plotting January move for Steven Taylor.
    Local hero willing to take a pay as you play deal.

• hibbit

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:10 PM

Jib that will mean your coming with me then, its your round first if i remember correctly !!!!

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:10 PM

ronaldo

Ow do mate I saw earlier you were asking about Krafth. Have you since seen any videos or got any links? This is a strange one for me we weren’t desperate and it doesn’t look like an upgrade unless the scouting team knows something I dont

• check the toastie

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Its the deepest strongest squad we have had in years. All will play for the shirt, get behind the team. Might just be a decent season.

• Reilly

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:11 PM

Craig Hope
    @CraigHope_DM
    · 5m
    Understand Andy Carroll will wear the No.7 jersey for NUFC this season.

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM

AC looks good in black and white. Best colours for him

• check the toastie

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Or just whinge all year. Whatever floats yer boat?

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Reilly
    snap
    are you Jane ?

• c-dog

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Andy Carroll

Newcastle’s #7

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:12 PM

Carroll getting the number 7 shirt apparently ??????
    Craig Hope
    @CraigHope_DM
    Understand Andy Carroll will wear the No.7 jersey for NUFC this season.

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:14 PM

watched AC interview with sky sports, he almost cried.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Mund
    No not come across anything other than all the posts I put up yesterday.
    I gave up as I was seeing more comments from sad individuals about his girlfriend/partner rather than him or his abilities lol.

• check the toastie

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:15 PM

Probably bought the swede as a strong defensive right back in the need of playing 433, which suits our midfield and pacey whippets up front

• Reilly

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:17 PM

Steve Bruce on Andy Carroll’s fitness: “We understand he won’t be available for the next two or three weeks for sure. But we thought that in the long term it’s worth the gamble. We hope he stays injury-free – we are confident he will.”