web analytics

Official Announcement As Andy Carroll Returns To Newcastle

Here is the official and somewhat emotional announcement of Andy Carroll returning to Newcastle United after 8 and 1/2 years away.

Andy joins on an initial one year deal as he hopes to return to fitness and help his hometown club this season. He is now thirty-years old and has had a tough time of it since leaving.

He has reportedly turned down a team in the Serie A as well as numerous offers in the MLS to rejoin the club he left as promising 22-year-old.

This is what Andy has said about his return to Newcastle United

“It feels very good. My friends and family are here, and it’s the club that I support – it is home.

“I enjoyed the time I spent here, and hopefully I can carry on where I left off. When I left eight-and-a-half years ago, I was scoring goals and I was enjoying my football.

“It’s been a pretty tough time since then, and I just want to get back to that.

“I know it’s home. I’ve played here, I’ve spoken to the fans – I am a fan – and my family is here.

“For me to get back to where I was, I think this is the only place for me.”

We are thrilled to have Andy back at Newcastle United and we hope he can make an impact this season. He will be determined to show that he still has enough left in the tank to add to his tally of 33 goals with the club.

This is what Steve Bruce has said about Big Andy coming back home.

“To bring a local hero like Andy back to Newcastle United is fantastic. He is very excited to be home.

“He is a big, physical threat in the opposition box and another great option for us at the top end of the pitch.

“He gives us something different to what we already have and we’ll do our best to get him flying again.”

When fit, Carroll will give Steve Bruce an option up front. It’s an option the club did not have without him so we feel this signing makes all the sense.

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:18 PM

ronaldo

Was that Baloney by any chance?

Strange one krath like I’ve got to say. Trying to find any videos is non existent like I said hopefully the scouting team see something in the lad.

• check the toastie

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Only right back we have that is aggressive in defence. Hopefully will surprise eh.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM

Mund
    No lol, they weren’t comments on here, just on twitter and other random sites I found myself on.

He’s only really got that one video from like 4/5 years ago I posted yesterday.

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:23 PM

Ronaldo

Lol my bad fair guess tho

Aye I saw them doesn’t really do any justice.
    Maybe like toastie said he is more defensively sound than the others so a change of tactics for some games and to change dynamics in defence as a sub maybe

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:25 PM

Mund
    Hoping swemag could shed some light on him as I’d imagine he’s seen him for Sweden.

• geordie157

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:26 PM

Anyone had a go at naming the 25 man squad yet?

Dubravka, Darlow, Elliot
    Yedlin, Manquillo, Kraft
    Dummett, Willems
    Schar, Lascelles, Lejuene, Fernandez, Clark
    Shelvey, Hayden, Ki
    Ritchie, Atsu, Saint-Maximin, Almiron
    Joelinton, Muto, Gayle, Carroll

24 there.

Sean Longstaff is 21… so does he have to be included, if so that’s the 25. If not then the last spot goes to Aarons?

Colback, Lazaar, Saivet still here although Lazaar seems to be off to Italy on loan. And Sterry should get a loan move.

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:27 PM

Well the squad is set now so I guess we just go with it and now hope for the best.

I do still feel that we will have a good season and I hope they do

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:29 PM

Longstaff shouldn’t need to be included

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Longstaff needs to be included. It’s been asked loads of times and answered each time lol.

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:31 PM

Longstaff is 22 in October
    he’s a senior

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:32 PM

This is the template I’ve got that for what I think the squad will be tomorrow.

GOALKEEPER

Joelinton
    Dwight Gayle
    Yoshinori Muto
    Andy Carroll

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:33 PM

Isn’t it 22 years of age when they take up a squad place?

• Mund

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:43 PM

To be fair I’m only going off champo rules

• SPRINGY

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:45 PM

Didn’t think for 1 minute we would sign carroll, didn’t think ashley would ok the outlay for a player who has been ravaged by injuries….guess if there was a transfer fee involved he wouldn’t be here, but saying that…if he can get himself fit and more importantly stay fit he is a bloody handful for defenders to deal with and could be a big player for us…surprised he’s back but good luck to him hope he gets fit and scores plenty goals…. surprised by the transfer window tbh,bit confusing all round tbh….rafa staying,going,bruce coming in,but not really wanted,no money to spend,yet spent a canny bit by our standards….like i say…bit confusing.

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:46 PM

Just done a deal with Andy Carroll to supplement his wages ..

Hes on minimum wage you know like the poor people at Shirebrook who’s families struggle to live on what Ashley pays them for the slave labour.

Anyway I’m sponsoring Andys Crutches for the season .

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:50 PM

OLG
    A better name for you would be
    Mr Irrelevant

• Moonraker15

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:51 PM

Jib @ #40
    You have to defend your owner don’t you. Ashley sells on the never never and buys cash up front which reduces the transfer fund available. However over a 5 year period it doesn’t make any difference cos we’ve got money coming in each year for the likes of Sissoko and Wijnaldum etc! The fund is the same however you massage it but actually Ashley moves the money somewhere! It’s a disgrace and all along he’s planning to sell on our young players with the apparent blessing of tw@ts like you!

• Sports Direct FC

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:52 PM

So we sign a 30 yo who rarely plays due to injury but a 29 yo who scored 10 goals last year is too old?

• santon3

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:56 PM

good window, Hayden & Longstaff stays, signed good attacking players, got AC back, Dub stays, Schar too.
    possible 2 Longstaff in the squad.

• lukes26

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:57 PM

Have to say, I know everyone is negative…but… this is probably the best squad since 2013… even like AC’s return..defenders dont want the responsibility of marking him, guaranteed

i dont care about net spend…seems newcastle have been getting some very good deals the past 2-3 seasons..front office doing pretty decent work it seems

& yes, I know, im an Ashley lover, right? ….blah, blah, blah..

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 6:59 PM

Sports Direct
    Yes the owner makes it up as he goes along.
    A crocked 30 year old who has not scored a goal since the wheel was invented is fine but the 29 year old proven goalscorer is too old.
    Wet Ham did not want him but we are going nuts about him. The Irons have the advantage of seeing him (occasionally) at the present time but I fear most Geordies think we are getting the 20 year old back. Irons do not want him. Somebody has to be wrong.

• Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:00 PM

Moonraker15
    It’s probably way over your head but the policy is sound
    Sell on the drip buy cash on the nail and if you hit a crisis
    you ride it out.

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Piss off Jib .

• IrishRob

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:01 PM

Welcome home Andy!! Cant wait till you start proving some of these muppets wrong.

• The mighty wyn

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:01 PM

I read somewhere that the operation AC had in April was to sort out his ankle problem for good. Hope it was right. Hope we see the best of him rather than the injuries for his sake as well as ours.

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:03 PM

Sports Direct
    A fit Carroll is a handful. But he is never fit. If he stays fit…… Clubs have been saying that for 10 years. Does the penny never drop.??
    Funny enough he is not fit for the first few games.

• Bigjim67

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:05 PM

So the big fella is back home, didn’t see that happening like but really hope he gets himself fit and stays that way.
    I’m starting to get a tiny bit excited for the season starting and the old optimism is starting to sneak back in! I really want our club to do well and make us proud to be a mag again, but i just can’t get myself to support the manager and i know i should.
    I’ve decided to work on Sunday when i could’ve had a ticket, makes me feel as though I’m making my own little stand against the slimey owner.
    But to anyone who is going, enjoy! And hopefully we perform well and maybe shock the gooners!
    Ashley out
    Hwtl

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:06 PM

Jib putting a link up for tickets when most are trying to show Ashley we are not going to be piss taking fodder for him any longer by Boycotting the Arsenal match and sending him a message .

Jib ..your not a true supporter …your all for Ashley and it’s something to do with your relationship with Charnley.

The Magpie Group must really bother you .

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:08 PM

Anybody got any idea of the gate for Sunday.??
    How many season tickets unsold?

• Bigjim67

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:11 PM

Jimily
    You’re right, he is hardly ever fit but the pay as you play deal has got to be good for the club.

• Sports Direct FC

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:12 PM

Lukes26

I and most other “neggars” as we are so lovingly labelled dont care much about net spend. it’s about improving each year. we have bought loads of potential but that’s it. sometimes you have to buy that proven PL player and keep them to move forward. let’s hope the new lads can hit the ground running but I fear another relegation battle instead of pushing into the top 10.

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Heres something for you Jib , should stick in your crow…

NUST have near 8 thousand members …84% are NOT going to the Arsenal match .

11 thousand season tickets unsold

6 thousand match tickets unsold ..

I predict 19 thousand empty seats .

Beware Ashley papering the house all day Saturday.

Magpie Group members and other groups will also stay away .

Happy Jib ?

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:15 PM

Bigjim
    Agreed. As long as he gets some game time otherwise its a waste of a squad member. He went a whole year at west Ham on a treatment table.

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:18 PM

Excellent window, strength in depth, pity Rafa couldn’t couldn’t get the job none, never mind, brucie got the job done.

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:19 PM

114 WUM

• toon22

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Where’s the money gone?

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Ok

Let’s have your predictions on Sundays gate ..

I will go for 32.532 .

I hope it’s lower though and only 15 thousand turn up .

A massive kick in Ashlies goolies.

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:21 PM

Every season we have been relying on one forward on the bench, and now to see the likes of Gayle and Carroll on the bench, this season is going to be great for once.

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Online Guy
    I estimated 43K but your figures have surpassed my expectations. A few defeats and the figure could plummet sub 30K.
    Thats what is needed to evict the owner.
    We may get relegated but such a terrible price to pay would be worth it in the long run.
    I feel sorry for Almiron who came here because of Benitez. Everyone who comes here this summer have done so with their eyes open and they can swim in the swamp.

• lukes26

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:22 PM

SDFC

idk, seems everyone’s obsessed with net spend.

unfortunately, newcastle has to buy riskier options because proven players are just too expensive…that’s just the reality of the current mkt.