web analytics

Official Announcement As Andy Carroll Returns To Newcastle

Here is the official and somewhat emotional announcement of Andy Carroll returning to Newcastle United after 8 and 1/2 years away.

Andy joins on an initial one year deal as he hopes to return to fitness and help his hometown club this season. He is now thirty-years old and has had a tough time of it since leaving.

He has reportedly turned down a team in the Serie A as well as numerous offers in the MLS to rejoin the club he left as promising 22-year-old.

This is what Andy has said about his return to Newcastle United

“It feels very good. My friends and family are here, and it’s the club that I support – it is home.

“I enjoyed the time I spent here, and hopefully I can carry on where I left off. When I left eight-and-a-half years ago, I was scoring goals and I was enjoying my football.

“It’s been a pretty tough time since then, and I just want to get back to that.

“I know it’s home. I’ve played here, I’ve spoken to the fans – I am a fan – and my family is here.

“For me to get back to where I was, I think this is the only place for me.”

We are thrilled to have Andy back at Newcastle United and we hope he can make an impact this season. He will be determined to show that he still has enough left in the tank to add to his tally of 33 goals with the club.

This is what Steve Bruce has said about Big Andy coming back home.

“To bring a local hero like Andy back to Newcastle United is fantastic. He is very excited to be home.

“He is a big, physical threat in the opposition box and another great option for us at the top end of the pitch.

“He gives us something different to what we already have and we’ll do our best to get him flying again.”

When fit, Carroll will give Steve Bruce an option up front. It’s an option the club did not have without him so we feel this signing makes all the sense.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM

I’m led to believ they have to be under 21 on the 31st of December of that season to be a free hit with the squad, as Jib said he is 22 in october so he takes a place

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:23 PM

Online I will go there or thereabouts

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Wum my arse, we have been crying out for strength in depth in our fullback positions for years and now we have finally done it.

• Sports Direct FC

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:26 PM

OLG

i.will.guess 40,000. I think the AC buy was for PR and 1 last chance to fill the seats.

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:28 PM

Bruce I said wum on this statement
    Every season we have been relying on one forward on the bench, and now to see the likes of Gayle and Carroll on the bench, this season is going to be great for once.

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:28 PM

They think Carroll is on the bench.
    But its the treatment bench.
    Spot on.Its a bit of sentimental flag waving and it costs nowt.

• B&W blood

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Online, i am not sure but dont think the 6k and 11k are different seats as the back of the gallowgate make up a lot of both.

There are 6k left for Arsenal meaning if arsenal bring their full allocation the crowd will be 46k minus any who boycott, I’d expect a crowd of 40k to 45k

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:30 PM

How is saying Gayle and Carroll on the bench is a wum comment.

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:32 PM

People moan when we don’t sign players and when we do they still moan.

Can’t win

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:32 PM

Carroll is a a good signing imo, will hit the ground running, is ALLEGEDLY over his injuries woes on paper after having correctional surgery at the end of the season, he IS apparently fit but NOT match fit so that’s why he has the 2/3 week layoff. He’s a great signing in my opinion as he can help nurture Joelinton to use his physical presence wisely in the PL, so from a coaching perspective on a minimum wage with a heavily incentivised pay as you play deal then I think it’s win win… We were never spending more money on another striker… Was hoping the Argentine striker Collidio at Inter but was never expecting it from the tight barsteward… He’s gonna be a huge hit if he gets out of Inter!!!

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Carroll literally has an Achilles heel couple of tackles and he’s out for another 3 weeks.

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:33 PM

Old Arse
    Gayle and Carroll on the bench indicates a great season???
    Are you aware how many goals Gayle scored in the Prem and that we have tried to offload him for years. Are you aware when Carroll last scored a goal and how many games he averages a season?

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:36 PM

I like Andy Carroll and It might work out if his glass ankle holds up

But like I said

I’m Andy’s Crutch sponsor this season ..got a good deal.

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:36 PM

jimiley exactly the mind boggles.

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:37 PM

Flying BIG A, fly like an eagle! We love you!

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:38 PM

euphoria affects people in different ways.

• Moonraker15

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:39 PM

Why didn’t AC get himself fit for the beginning of the season if he is injury free?
    Answer; he’s probably not injury free or else he’s lost the motivation. I think we’re in for a shock if we think we’re getting the old AC back!

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:40 PM

B&W blood

I will be happy if it’s near 40 k .

• Munster Mag

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Bruce, spot on. Its all moan moan ffs . If we spend 40 mill its cos we are desperate. If we dont spend its because we are tight , or charnley is incapable . OP wins the day for biggest whinger.

• Munster Mag

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Billson, can you do a blog highlights with all the crazy predictions of doom over the last couple of weeks? Could do with a laugh.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Moonraker

He has been recovering from his corrective surgery, he has recovered, he now needs a preseason workout and at least a stiffs game

• jimiley

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:42 PM

Oldarse
    Rondon and Perez scored 80 per cent of our goals.
    Now we have a striker who scored 7 in 26 in Germany (worth 40 million???), Almiron with 0 in 12 games, Gayle who last scored a Prem goal a couple of centuries ago and Carroll who last played three centuries ago.
    And everything is looking good apparently.
    Its easy to bullshit yourself

• lesh

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:43 PM

Our Toon

Of course every player has a price. And yes, no one know how Lonngstaff will turn out but the difference is that ManU for example are prepared to pay big money for young talent, a medium to long term investment for the future whereas Ashley’s a short-term man. He’s only held on to Lobby as he’s banking on bigger offers in future. There’s no question of building for the future!

And that is why NUFC is in the mess it is – no medium or long-term strategy, no other ambition than to avoid relegation and advertise Ashley’s tat throughout the world.

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:48 PM

People bang on about How good Rondon and Perez were.

Second half they were good, first half they were shite.

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:49 PM

HAHAHA totally agree JIM got a bad feeling for Sunday.

• Pain in the Blog

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:51 PM

lesh,

I think you just hit the nail very squarely on the head.

• Online Guy

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:54 PM

Sports Direct FC .

Hope yer right and it’s under 40 k.

Just to send the message and embarress the big lad ..Hopefully it will be talked about during the week .

The most faithful loyal supporters in the land make a stand against the man who runs them just to drive and promote his other business sports direct .

Running on fumes season on season .

Newcastle United should come first but always come last .

We are still secondary to Sports Direct.

Ashley is fooling nobody anymore.. cept for a few feeble minded people here.

• Toonces

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:55 PM

What’s the point about Perez money being paid in installments?

Most transfers are. We still have Sissoko and Gini money coming in too most likely. Mitro money probably as well.

These are guaranteed funds coming in to the club and can be leveraged if needed at negligible risk.

Also, if Perez was a release clause then Leicester probably had to pay all up front unless the clubs agreed otherwise.

Jib

Aug 8, 2019 at 5:50 PM

Perez is on the drip over 5 years

• Bruce

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Two up front, there will be chances for all of our forwards, Carrolll up front with miggy or Joelinton and max for example, and we have got Gayle and Muto who will also get goals with either Carroll or Joelinton playing alongside them.

• oldarse

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:55 PM

Bruce you hit the nail on the head mate, we got a lot of new players, sometimes it takes a while to be able to work together very rare do you see 2 players gelling together straight away, count how many new players we got this season you would need a miracle for this lot to gell.

• Readingmag

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:56 PM

I just hope we are loving Joe Linton of North Wallsend in May.

Hes used to date our Tracey as a Young’un a bit of daft lad, but canny. Always dressed well and polite

• Sports Direct FC

Aug 8, 2019 at 7:58 PM

OLG

just remember if we are wrong jib and his merry gang wont let us forget it for the next year.

• Bants

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:01 PM

OG

Not being funny but can you now explain your cryptic ‘The Who’ clue during the takeover debacle.

I was intrigued at the time and still am. I saw someone else was asking about it earlier today as well.

• Munster Mag

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:14 PM

And well done for resisting the urge to sell Lobby. Smart move.

• Lascelles sells sea shells by the sea shore

Aug 8, 2019 at 8:17 PM

I actually think Bruce might stick with the 3 at the back as Lascelles or Fernandez as the sweeper, Lejeune and Schar fighting it out for right side and Dummett and Clark fighting it out for the left spot. I personally would prefer the left sides centre half to be left footed. The system you play with 3 at the back allows the left and right centre halves to play more with the ball, they will get more space and time against most forward lines you come up against. This means you need centre halves that can play football, it’s just a pity Lejeune or Schar weren’t left footed. I suspect we will be going a 3412, I’m getting the big man small man vibe is going on… Carroll/Joelinton as the big men and either Maximin/Muto/Gayle as the little man and the att mid would be Almiron/Maximin options. Midfield will be an enforcer and a creative player, enforcer role can be played by:Longstaff/Hayden/Ki – creative role can be played by either Longstaff/Shelvey/Ki. Wingbacks look after themselves, Jetro on the left, a good solid footballer good defensively and good attacking backed up by Ritchie and on the Right I have Manquillo starting he has turned into a good wingback, very good crosser and good defensively, with Yedlin as the back up. I think Krafth is a traditional right back, which neither of the others are should we go a 4 with Dummett as the left sided option.

Plenty of crosses even on a 343 with Almiron and Maximinon opposite flanks with a big man in the middle.

Thoughts guys… Ami talking the proverbial here… Took ages lol

20. Atsu
    21. Aarons

22. Joelinton
    23. Carroll
    24. Gayle
    25. Muto

This means lazaar, sterry, Colback, saivet and unfortunately Manquillo finding a European or league one/two club or playing for the stiffs