web analytics

Arsenal Duo Left Out Of Squad For Sunday’s Match Due To Security Concerns

Arsenal have released a statement that Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac will not make the trip up to Newcastle due to security threats.

Charles Watts, who is an Arsenal correspondent for Goal, has tweeted the statement in its entirety.

We don’t know what the new security threats are but they may stem from an incident in July in which the two were attacked by knife-wielding assailants. That incident can be seen below.

Of course this is terrible news and we hope both players and their families are kept safe. We also hope that whoever is posing the security risk is apprehended and brought to justice.

• Mindshaft

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:21 PM

Good on Kolasinic for chinning the robbers , should bring back hanging for the chavs

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:22 PM

LGFUDA21 – Lots of promise but we’ve been here before with signings like Cabella, Thauvin etc.

The difference between those two and Jo and ASM is that the new lads are physically strong players, and Jo especially.

Doesn’t say they’ll succeed, but being unable to put up with the physical side of the Prem is the reason why the other two failed.

• ChicoUSA

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:24 PM

Ok, I’m letting go of the huge disappointment of Rafa not being given the contract he so deserved. It was a disaster for the club, but gotta put it in rear view mirror now…

The new signings have potential. But my worry is will they (a) fulfill their potential (b) adjust to the EPL and (c) will the new players upset the great team chemistry, established over past 3+ years???!!!

Will this team stick together and not drop their heads when they go down a goal or two? Will they be capable of coming back from being down by two and win 3-2 as last year’s team did vs Everton??

We shall see…

• ToonTime

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:30 PM

Looks like the academy is working well. 16 year old Joe White added to the first team squad!

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:32 PM

Didn’t like Bruce when he came, but seeing even the latest interview by dubravka, I think rafa wasn’t liked by many players. He was respected but they didn’t enjoy their football.

More convinced than ever that Rafa needed to leave us.

Fully backing Bruce until he proves otherwise. The players look much more fired up under Bruce.

• Mindshaft

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:35 PM

Ilovetoon – he said the players that weren’t playing weren’t so happy – no need to rewrite what he actually said to fit your agenda – anyway Bruce has basically dropped the exact same players from the squad

• hibbit

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:36 PM

good evening tony ,
    and it was carlisle united that did the work on the kid, very very very good player but don’t expect to see him in the first team any time soon

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:43 PM

Missed the bus so post here should have said also that it is legal

For those that cannot get to the match for whatever reason, you might want to look here.

https://intervpn.com/help/get-bein-sports-uk/ £82 yearly pass with (strings) great sports channel all English speaking.
    Walkthrough from the above site.

• IrishRob

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:44 PM

Read this in Sky sports myself about 25min ago. I was hoping myself that they would be playing as their heads are probably all over the place. Weird how there was more incidents since the attack a few weeks ago, could be serious gangsters starting to target football players.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:46 PM

@mindshaft

Yup but the way he worded his statements, and also considering what the other players have spoken, go read them if you haven’t, I’m more than convinced that Rafa wasn’t well liked by many players. Especially dubravka mentioned players knew no matter how hard they trained rafa has his preferred players and they are not going to get into the side.
    Perez was absolute garbage early in the season but he was undroppable. It is my opinion.

Rafa did well fair enough and he would have done well for us. But individually for the players it was like “good riddance”.

I’m backing Bruce until I see otherwise. The players like and support him.

• ilovetoon8788

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:49 PM

Coupled with rafa reflectance to make subs, the abysmal football that was played, I’m going to give Bruce a chance unless he shows he’s out of his depth.

Until then, forget the boycott and get behind Bruce and the players.

• toon22

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:52 PM

Think of all of those years Munster was knocking Rafa

Turns out he’s someone’s alt

Hiya bills

• Pat On The Heed

Aug 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM

Blimey. Atsu – one lucky laddie. Spends two seasons coming off the bench to miss sitters, fluff one on ones, and make the wrong decision with every pass, and takes the place of Aarons – the one with the spark to really change games. Is Colback all that bad? A target for a bad side on a bad run – and then it become toon law to repeat it for all time.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:01 PM

#BoycottAshley ( OP) if you are about give me a shout.

• Pat On The Heed

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:02 PM

Ilovetoon – the whole team was garbage not just perez. Plus, he went on to shine and score the goals that kept us up in the second half – so therefore it was right to stick with him!?!? Not that your entire point is grounded in completely flawed logic or anything…

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:05 PM

Some clown on Facebook and a few agreeing with him saying how we’re better off with Bruce than Rafa as we wouldn’t have signed players like St Max and Joelinton under him, dear me, have some people been in a coma prior to Rafa getting here.

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:11 PM

martoon,
    What was our bet again?

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:14 PM

Not sure if I’m surprised or not but the term neggar has made quite a popular comeback, it’s to describe those that aren’t happy with the two relegations, Dennis Wise, SD, stadium renaming, lies and deceit and a complete lack of ambition and that are the polar opposite to those that are fooled in to thinking a lepard has changed his spots because of a few signings the head coach knew nothing about.

• Ron Knee

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:16 PM

Is that Grant Hanley playing for Norwich?

• ChicoUSA

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Ron
    Yep! 😀

Oh my! Hope he is ready for the EPL…..especially Liverpool!

• Mindshaft

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:24 PM

ilovetoon – I’ve read the article for what it is and it reads to me that Dubs is pretty upset about the rafa affair and seems to side with the fans and understands the boycott – I guess you can read what you want into it.
    #boycottarsenal

• Sports Direct FC

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:26 PM

So are we going to play a 3-5-2 leaving ASM out or the same as last year 3-4-3 leaving 1 of shelvey/longstaff/hayden out

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Don’t muck wor squad up Mr. Brucie or I’ll have ya!!! If this goes t*ts up we’ll finally know what the difference between a terrific manager and a poor head coach is…

• Ron Knee

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Thanks, Chico. I see they’ve got an Aarons too!

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:29 PM

Could always adapt the 352 to a 3412 against some teams. Play max up front with Joe and have Miggy in behind them.

• toon22

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:30 PM

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:30 PM

Then people on here can finally stop arguing aboot it.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:34 PM

Atsu was one of the players to finally start helping us turn it around last season. He came in and started mixing our patterns of play up and trying things.

Poor end product is his problem and he isn;t as direct as when he first arrived, but he is just a squad player.

Aarons needs to finally get a full season under his belt at a decent level somewhere.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:35 PM

I still like 4-3-3 for home games.
    Dubravka
    Dummett Lascelles Schar Jethro
    Longstaff Hayden Shelvey
    Maximini Joe Miggy

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:36 PM

Two games away from crisis

• geordietom

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:42 PM

then there was the time i walked across the Sahara …

• Markaccus

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:42 PM

G2

The squad seems surprisingly balanced and adaptable. We just have to hope Bruce can use them to their strengths.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Dummett at RB? Go follow tiddlywinks.

• geordietom

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:49 PM

and i started hearing things Fat Ash this Fat Ash that …

the i started seeing things a a mirage off in the distance …

getting closer and closer …

the mirage was green …

i finally got there i could not believe my eyes it was the FROG greeting me with . your a shill hiya kba . bruce is a cabbage . bruce is a traitor . bruce is a mackem …

i turned around and set off back across the Sahara anythings better than the Frogs crap …

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:51 PM

Yep I’ve gotten 2 LBs in there Hail. My apologies. I’m a bit dyslexic. So would have to be Yedlin or Krafth at Rb I think? Do you have to be insulting every time you speak to me?

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:56 PM

AncientC – cheers for giving out the Fantasy League code in my absence. I’m not on here much so it’s great that you’ve helped more people join the league.

I’ll leave it open to join still. I think people can join late but your points for this week won’t count now that the deadline has passed.

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:56 PM

I’m not really keen on small full backs so I wonder about Jethro. I hope he’s very fast to make up for it. Well said Markaccus @32. I like the squad but I’m not crazy about Mr. Brucie. I don’t think he’s right for us.

• Scythe For Bruce

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:57 PM

Can’t wait for this Liverpool/Norwich game to start. Football is back lads!

• GeordieTwo

Aug 9, 2019 at 7:59 PM

Jethro has quite a few assists though. He can play in the midfield apparently. Interesting.

• jane

Aug 9, 2019 at 8:00 PM

here we go 2019/20 Premier League what will it bring. good match to start it.