web analytics

Greek Super League Club Hoping To Get Newcastle Winger On Loan

Greek outlet SDNA are reporting that Greek club Panathinaikos are still very interested in bringing Rolando Aarons in on loan.

In June, the same outlet reported of the club’s interest in Aarons. It appears that Panathinaikos have been tracking Aarons for some time.

Panathinaikos, who finished 8th in the Greek Superleague last year, has former Newcastle defender Nikos Dabizas as their technical director.

Dabizas made 158 appearances for Newcastle from 1998-2003 and has been given a new hope in getting Aarons to Greece.

They reportedly assumed that with the arrival of Steve Bruce to Newcastle and Rolando Aarons having played such a big role in pre-season, that he would have been part of the 25-man squad for this season.

However, it was revealed on Friday that Aarons has been left out of the squad and must now find a loan deal abroad.

Rolando Aarons– no room in 25-man squad

The report claims that Aarons was told by Bruce on Tuesday that he would not be in the squad for this season. This news was first reported by Keith Downie with Sky Sports the following day.

At that time, it was reported that both Sheffield Wednesday and Wigan were in for Aarons. Aarons had spent the second half of last season on loan at Sheffield Wednesday where Steve Bruce was his manager.

However, those deals never materialized and now Aarons will have to find a place to play this upcoming season. He has twice had loan spells outside of England, spending the first half of last season at Czech club Slovan Liberec making 13 appearances. In 2017, he joined Serie A side Hellas Verona for the second half of that season. He made 11 appearances in Italy under former Newcastle assistant coach Fabio Pecchia.

The issue with Panathinaikos bringing Aarons in is that they can only afford a fraction of his wages. So Newcastle will most likely wait to see if a better option arises for Rolando.

The Greek Super League transfer window is open until August 31st.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Genjikai: isn’t it time you went to bed as you have to steer the boycott boat tomorrow?

• damma99

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:07 AM

Wait till we get stuffed today and then see who wants to boycott. Ashley out.

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Tony,

I don’t understand, why would you join this blog with the sole intention of giving jib a hard time?
    He gets a hard time from plenty of other people anyway (sometimes deserved, sometimes not)
    What’s your motivation for it?

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:10 AM

You know. I was also interested in whether anybody on here had any real information on the takeover. I had read Dubai Micky;s stuff and it seemed genuine and thought it was not the usual ITK. There were others saying they had inside information so I wanted to hear more about getting the Fat Man out.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:12 AM

NY Mag: it wasn’t like that. It was more Jib giving a bit of jibbing to somebody and I thought I would say something back.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:15 AM

Tony you clearly stated the magpie group had no plans for after boycott arsenal.
    You said we wernt committed even just to one game.
    So i asked you to explain how you know this.
    As you clearly have insider information.

You are making assumptions. And then when asked to explain no comment it like the club.
    And na mate i dont know you post on another blog, just go off what yku said. Havnt read your posts, have ni intention to either.

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Tony,

Fair enough, he does give “jibbing” to many people, which is why he gets it back in spades.
    (Not to me or from me I may add)

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Ny mag because he is a hypocrite he states that there is “bullies” on the blog. And the sole reason he came on was to give jib a hard time. Sounds like one of the people he describes as a bully.
    Btw that also spread over to bobbybee.
    Tony the blog phoney, #1blog hypocrite.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Genjikai: just have knowledge of the last protests where 18 people turned up at SD. I counted the legs. I think there will be a bigger turnout tomorrow. 500 I would guess.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:20 AM

Genjikai: I did not say the sole reason I came on was to give Jib a hard time.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:22 AM

If anybody thinks I bullied Bobbybee then they have never read anything he has written on here. He is probably the most opinionated person on here.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:25 AM

I just find it unbelievable that anybody thinks I scared Bobbybee away.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:26 AM

I hope the lads win the day.
    I hope brucie wins the league.
    Ill still boycott ashley.
    Win the league 3 times in a row ashley.
    Ill still boycott you.
    You are damaging our region, enough is enough.
    We will end you.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:27 AM

# <1000 on the march

• count

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:33 AM

Absolute to$$er Tony

• count

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:34 AM

It’s all about Tony

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:36 AM

Genii,

Hand on heart mate, I have total respect for you.
    You’ve decided what your way forward is and you’ve put everything into it.
    But you’ll never convince everybody that your way is the right way.

You’re spending a disproportionate amount of your time trying to convince people who will never be convinced. You would be better off spending your time convincing 100’s if not 1000’s of people who can be convinced.

You will never change Tony’s opinion (he’s made that very clear)
    And I’m not sure why you care so much, Tony, like me is half a world away. We’re kind of irrelevant from a boycott perspective.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Gengikai:

You lot will do all you can to prevent the lads winning today by promoting a bad atmosphere at the first game of the season where support will be the12th man against a team we have an incredibly bad record against.

#naïve
    #disorganized

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:38 AM

Tony,

To be fair, most people on this blog are opiniated….it’s kinda the point.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Guys, boycott if you want, go to the game if you want, Rome wasn’t built in a day.

But honestly giving people a hard time because they want do either one is just plan bullshit.

Your agenda what ever it may be is your agenda, stop ridiculing people because they want to do one or the other.

I live in the states, Does that mean I’m boycotting?

I hurt MA financially by not purchasing merchandise and tops for my family, I also hurt him by not visiting twice a year for the games, that’s the best I can do.

Good luck with the boycott and good luck if you go and watch the game, I did say once going to the game and cheering on the lads is 100% fine, then do a sit in at St James. Let the police and the media coverage show the anger.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:41 AM

Ny mag
    Tony is given out false information based on his assumptions. He knows nothing of who we are, our plans yet he can make statements as if they are fact?
    These need countering.
    If youve read any of my other correspondences with tony ive already told him he is irrelevant because he is apparently half way round the world.
    He cant stop us. Nobody can. Ashley started a war with the geordie faithful.
    Time to fight back. Enough is enough make a stand.
    If you dont agree with boycott arsenal but agree that ashley is the problem at our club come join the protest march today. 1245 northumberland street is where we are starting, then a march on SJP.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:45 AM

We arnt promoting a bad atmosphere, we have got alot of bars signed up to support our toon. A boycott boat party set up. Think we are doing our best to make a good atmosphere tbh.
    At the end of the day ashley owns the club but us fans own the atmosphere.
    As stated earlier the ones inside the ground today will be to blame if there is a bad atmosphere as they are the ones making the atmosphere in the ground.

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:46 AM

Genji,

As I said mate, total respect.
    I’m in the same (geographical) boat as tony. I can’t be at the protest or the game..

• count

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:48 AM

So, respect the opinion of others.

Unless of course someone is of the opinion that people who ignore the boycott are selfish scabs?

What a load of platitudinous twaddle.

If you go to the televised games, you’re a scab. If you pay for Sky, you’re a scab. Now f off and enjoy your time with the other suckers.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Ny mag.
    Its just the little things like nostra does, not buying tat from him.
    Or stuff like one fine day, sending charnley a wreath.
    Its just the little things you fans abroad do.
    Ny mag are you a geordie?

• davo

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Boycott Arsenal

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Reet am off to kip
    Ill as out got the worst bout of man flu but it wont stop me.
    I dont care if im the only one marching on SJP tomorrow, atleast i know i done what i thought was right.

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:57 AM

So, Having a protest is not promoting a bad atmosphere?

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:01 AM

#<1000

• lesh

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:02 AM

Genjikai

You’ve taken Balloony’s bait you’ve been catched. He’s a waste of space who loves to draw attention to himself then cries that he’s being bullied.

Genjikai, now stop bullying poor little Tony or he’ll run away cwying and wanting his dummy. Poor bairn.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Ashley creates a bad atmosphere.
    There has been a dark cloud over newcastle for the last 12 years.
    That is ashleys doing.
    But as you think tony its never ashleys fault.

• NY Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Genii,

It’s starting to sound like social media syndrome….unless you announce it to the world it can’t possibly be true.
    I’ve never been in a sports direct store since way before Ashley bought us…..I just don’t feel the need to announce that to the world.

And yes, I was born and grew up in the north east (Durham)

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:03 AM

@SD Northumberland Street for the march, I mean.

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:04 AM

Maybe your right lesh.
    This will be my last correspondence with him.
    He hasnt answered any of my questions.
    And as you say always playing the victim.

Just his false claims needed countering tonight.
    He hasnt a clue what we have in store for ashley.

• count

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:05 AM

Tony, you stand for nothing. You don’t attend matches.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:08 AM

The High Priest of putting everybody down is back. Hiya Lesh. How is it on your high horse?

• Genjikai

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:08 AM

For all that think even 1000 wont get coverage, 30 people protesting outside of sd got top coverage on ssn, has made all the local news, media outlets are talking about boycott arsenal. And ashleys pr has went into a meltdown trying to counter it.
    The time is now to strike at ashley.
    Lets kick him when hes down.

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:10 AM

Genjikai: I did answer your questions.

• milburn

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Ffs if the fcb ever read this blog he would have realised that he has won with divide and conquer its full of squabbling bitches. There is only one enemy.

• count

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:13 AM

Nobody can be this lacking in self awareness.