web analytics

Alan Shearer Sums Up Newcastle In Three Minutes

Alan Shearer has given some comments to Coral about Newcastle’s plight over the past 12 years and we feel he does a great job in explaining the situation of the fans going into this season.

The only point of contention we would have is that we think a lot of fans did believe in the takeover this time. However, Alan is right that Ashley does not want to sell the club.

We also hope, like Alan, that Steve Bruce can do a better job than expected this season. The signings this summer have been decent but most importantly the squad has been kept intact.

This is not where we wanted to be when last season ended but this is the situation that we are in. We still have Mike Ashley as our owner and we do not have Rafa Benitez as our manager.

However, Steve Bruce has done well in our opinion this pre-season in adding stability and getting the players to move forward.

We were very critical of Steve Bruce’s appointment and the manner in which he left Sheffield Wednesday.

We will admit that he has changed our mind a bit in the way he has handled a very tough situation. It is now up to him and the lads to make this work. If they can get the results to reach mid-table or beyond and play decent football while doing it, Steve Bruce will have been deemed a success.

It just shows the level that we are at, that mediocrity will be considered successful for Newcastle United. That is the stark reality at the moment. We hope Steve Bruce and the lads prove everyone wrong and have a run at a European place and some Cups this season.

It is going to be results that ultimately determine how Steve Bruce will be perceived by the majority of the fans. It starts today against Arsenal where surprisingly we currently have a majority that think the lads will win today in our poll.

A win would do a lot today to get even more fans behind Steve Bruce. We certainly are very excited but also nervous about today’s game. We just have no idea what to expect and that adds that much more apprehension prior to kickoff.

We will also likely see a diminished crowd at St James Park as some fans have made the tough decision to not attend this opening match. There will also be some demonstrations ahead of the game as well.

Our opinion has always been that this decision is a very personal choice and we hope that whether a fan attends the game or chooses not too, they are respected for their decision.

What Will Be The Result In Newcastle's Opener Against Arsenal On Sunday?

View Results
Loading ... Loading ...

• Markaccus

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:23 AM

To the Boycotters… Good luck, I hope it has the desired effect. I totally respect what you are trying to do.

To the non Boycotters… Hope the toon give a good account of themselves out there today, I totally respect your feelings towards supporting the lads on the pitch.

I’m currently at the lakes, and will not be bothering about finding somewhere for the footy. I have better things to do than worry about it 😀

It’s not about who is/isn’t the manager, nor what players say (after all they have a job to do) It’s about 12 years of Ashley’s poor decisions and lack of ambition. Enjoy your day whatever way you are doing things.

Hwtl

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:24 AM

Second

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:26 AM

Come on the boycotters. For once I hope we stay away and teach the fat Bástard who’s really boss. I hope people can keep their shít together and just BOYCOTT for once instead of giving in.

• Moonraker15

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:27 AM

So Steve McClaren “was close to signing” Andy Carroll when manager at Newcastle! Well that would certainly have helped our plight, knowing now how many games he’s played in the last 5 years!
    The irony is McClaren is saying it as though it would’ve been a positive move!
    What a knacker he is !

• the white tino

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Markaccus well said mate, it’s not about the here and now solely, it’s the 12 years of pillaging of our great club, I still don’t understand how people still don’t see this

• hibbit

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:28 AM

Markaccus
    is it still raining , back home now but we had 4 days in Windermere and it never stopped,

• Markaccus

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:29 AM

Listening to what Big Al said there….. He sounded a lot like Toon22 when he said “can’t sell without a willing seller”

Toon22, are you Alan Shearer :mrgreen:

• Markaccus

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Hibbit

Aye it was horrible last night, but it’s not as blustery today. We are doing the Haverthwaite-lakeside railway, see the aquarium, then the motor museum if there is time.

• Markaccus

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:33 AM

Moonraker

McWally hasn’t had a clue what planet he’s on for 10 years.

• Lilongwe Geordie

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Well today we find out exactly how much traction the boycott has built, hopefully sufficient to not let anything fizzle out.

I wasn’t going to attend – it isn’t really a boycott if you weren’t planning on going – but I will be there now, as work dictates I have to entertain clients (Arsenal fans) at the game. It will be interstong to see first hand the number of fans there, and the reaction to myself and guests going into the ground. Hopefully it won’t be abusive as it will cause further divisions.

I can’t say I’m looking forward to it, but it will be interesting to see the stadium, the atmosphere and the performance.

• hibbit

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:40 AM

Lilongwe
    local corporate bookings are said to be well down, will be interested to your opinion on that, which part of the ground are you covering ??

• hibbit

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:41 AM

*in your opinion *

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:46 AM

“Entertain clients” lol the BOYCOTT it’s starting to fizzle out already it seems.

Would have been nice to just send him a message even for one match, that he can walk all over us and that we are not all just blowing hot air.

Its awful to think they could win with an empty stadium and no one to cheer them on but the BOYCOTT just has to happen this once to show him we are not all talk and lies like himself.

• jazzyp

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:50 AM

Ya know what i have been one who has pushed boycotting Nufc.I started the campaign last season after nearly 30 years of being a regular.
    As every hour has passed its breaking me more and more.As much as I dont want to be there..The more I want to be there if that makes sense.
    The buzz of that first home game of the season walking into the ground.

God I’m missing it

• Mad Frog Boom 22

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:56 AM

Toon 22 – 0 Gunners

• toon22

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM

LoL

It’s a compliment cheers but I really wish I was AS

Whatever happens today it can only be a start as this won’t end today

• jazzyp

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM

The City watchdog has launched an investigation into alleged fraud at five-a-side football group Goals Soccer Centres, as a report claims that directors deleted emails to avoid detection.

The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has acted after Goals, backed by Mike Ashley’s Sports Direct, said it had uncovered “improper behaviour” stretching back almost a decade

Mikey boy in more trouble. Think his empire is crashing around him

• giimps

Aug 11, 2019 at 10:59 AM

Markaccus, not fancy doing scafell pike, it’s a canny trot and great views (when it’s not torrential downpours)?

• DubaiMicky

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM

I heard the boycott mentioned on Absolute radio, so at least the word is getting out.

• ShirebrookToon

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:02 AM

Jazzy @14

I’m with ya on that mate. It’s a tough pill to swallow

• toon22

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:04 AM

I really can’t think of anything he has touched that isn’t a shambles or is being investigated for dodgy accounts

It can’t go on forever

• giimps

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:05 AM

So not only Is the slug a proven liar, he’s being investigated for more fraud…..yet some on here believe everything that comes from the club, Nufc83, just search for Mike Ashley interview saying BZG DID NOT WANT RAFA , https://www.nufcblog.com/2019/06/30/stunning-claim-by-ashley-that-bzg-are-to-blame-for-rafas-exit ,then see Charmless’s statement regarding matching the money from China, I’m not in the habit of lying, I don’t need to to prove these scheisters are frauds and liars

• lochinvar

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM

jazzyp@17
    Like your sentiments but sadly Ashley I think only has 18% shares in the Goals Soccer centres so won’t be held responsible for mismanagement which is ironic to say the least.
    He’s Teflon coated so we need sort of kryptonite to reduce its effect.

Don’t be surprised if he ends up buying outright the Goals Soccer Centres when the opportunity arises. He’ll probably build SD stores on the land.

Gruesome.

• geordietom

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:11 AM

We’re caught in a trap
    I can’t walk out
    Because I love you too much, Newcastle
    Why can’t you see
    What you’re doing to us – Ashley
    When we don’t believe a word you say?
    We can’t go on together. Ashley
    With suspicious minds
    And we can’t build our dreams
    On suspicious minds
    So, if an old friend I know
    Stops by to say hello
    Would I still see suspicion in your eyes?
    Here we go again -12 years
    Asking where I’ve been
    You can’t see our tears are real
    I’m crying (Yes, I’m crying)
    We can’t go on together
    With suspicious minds (suspicious minds)
    And we can’t build our dreams
    On suspicious minds

• WLtoon

Aug 11, 2019 at 11:48 AM

Markaccus

If you like hiking ,try doing Helvelyn, there is a tarn on the top which you could swim, Ive done it twice and it is quite and achievement 🙂