web analytics

Allan Saint-Maximin Is Ready To Go For Newcastle

Lee Ryder has an exclusive interview with our new number 10 Allan Saint-Maximin in the Chronicle today.

This is a very long interview in which Allan explains his expectations for the season and how he has adapted to life in Newcastle.

This is a bit of what he said about meeting the fans and what they can expect from him on the pitch:

“They just want to say hi to me and I love that.

“I think I will have a good relationship with them I can feel it.

“Even in games, if I don’t score I want to run at defenses when I get the ball.

“I know they like that.

“Scoring and making assists is the most important thing.

“But I will be running at them.”

One thing we noticed about Allan is that he loves to talk about dribbling. This interview was no different. We also sense that he is loving it at Newcastle right now.

He seems so enthusiastic about the club and the city. He has already connected with the fans and must just be so excited this morning to play in front of the crowd today.

This is some of what Allan has said about coming to the Premier League and whether he can adapt to the English game:

“I knew I wanted to come to the Premier League so I got ready for it.

“I played for Nice in pre-season against Cardiff and Burnley so I knew what it would be like.

“I know what I have to do better, be quicker and stronger.

“You will see against Arsenal what I am all about.”

Allan has had a full pre-season with Nice before joining Newcastle so he will be ready for his debut today. He also should be able to handle the physical demands of the Premier League where others like Remy Cabella and Florian Thauvin failed to do so.

This is what the Frenchman has said about this coming season and how well the team stacks up:

“I think we can do good things.

“We’ve got very good defenders and a very good midfield.

“Sean Longstaff is very good.

“There are also good wingers too and I think we can do good things together this year.

We just love that he singled out local lad Sean Longstaff. Sean must really be doing well in training and may just have a monster of a season.

This team does have a lot of talent and it will be important for Steve Bruce to get the most of them this season.

Alan also mentions dribbling again when asked about what Steve Bruce has told him of his role with Newcastle:

“He said something I loved.

“Steve told me to dribble and run at defenders.

“That is exactly what I needed to hear.

“I think that was really important.

“He said to me if I run and do everything I can the supporters can’t complain.”

It will be important for Allan to remain committed even if things aren’t going his way. We think he has the desire and work ethic to do just that.

Finally, when asked why he joined Newcastle United this is what Allan said:

“Because it’s an amazing club, an amazing stadium and an amazing city.

“The first time I walked into the stadium I knew I wanted to sign.

“I had a good feeling in my body when I walked through the gates.

“It’s how I feel now.”

There’s a lot more in this interview and you can really get an idea of the type of player Allan Saint-Maximin is. He is supremely confident but is well aware of what he needs to do to be successful.

We can’t wait to see him in action along with our new signings and returning stars this afternoon.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:15 PM

Holla!!

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:18 PM

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:22 PM

If max starts it will be a 4-3-2-1 with Dummett benched and Maxi coming in beside Miggy.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Where is everyone its so quiet? Almost like they are busy attending a match or something.

• jane

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:32 PM

i’m a bit confused what position does Allan Saint-Maximin play in?

• nut meg

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:33 PM

My heart says a win but my head says a loss..
    just hope it’s not a heavy defeat.. 0-2

• jane

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:33 PM

“Joelinton will be tasked with filling the void that Rondon has left, and Saint-Maximin will be expected to replace Perez.”

but i thought he is a winger?

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:36 PM

Jane like a 2nd number ten.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:37 PM

If we get surprised with 4 at the back with Almiron and ASM playing, Dummett will surely be at LB.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:39 PM

What’s the chances of game being postponed or abandoned
    Pissing down in the Toon

• RolandoOverhead

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:40 PM

Jane
    Maxi is playing in a new position called scarer
    He will scare the cr@p out of the opposition!

From looking through what media there is on the lad, he is more than capable of switching wings. With that in mind I can well see him and Miggy probing and stretching opposing defences all over the place. Hopefully leaving nice big gaps for Joelinton and Longstaff to exploit.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:41 PM

Cant richie play LB just as good as he can at LWB?? I’d rather Richie than Dummett. I’m not sure on Dummett, hes playing well but it feels like I’m constantly waiting for him to mess up.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:42 PM

Nufc 83.

You say it’s lies about BZG not wanting Rafa. Oh it’s lies alright and pedalled by the usual suspects, step forward Ash and KBA….It’s what they do. You have to admit Gimps and bleated are absolutely spot on with their comments and are not so easily taken in.

They knew Rafa was going in May so plenty of time to get in a proper coach and ST’s sold, not dither so long and finally give us the – 130 goal difference PL train wreck and wonder of agent Bruce, coz ”he’s one of your own”, ie code for everyone else turned us down…I wonder why!!!!

Charnley’s is priceless saying communication with the fans was difficult because of Rafa. Like how many times in 3 years did they speak to Rafa. Surely it would have been better to offer Rafa more money if only for a year than to have to buy out agent Bruce and all his merry mens’ contracts. Go figure from Rafa to Bruce, YCMIU, except in Ashley world.

Neil

”Squad stayed intact”,

We have have lost 70% of our goals in Rondon and Perez!!

• JohnReese

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:45 PM

Rob, for me Ritchie can get away with it at wing back as he doesn’t need to be as disciplined defensively, I’d really worry about him in a flat back 4 as his natural inclination is to go forward, against certain teams that’s okay but against some of the top sides we could get ripped apart. Kinda like when we had Santon, as much as I liked him he was always a bit suspect in a 4.

• Charlie in the Gallowgate

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:50 PM

A69 Throckley snarled up going slow at a standstill accident near West Denton Chapel House

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:50 PM

Moonraker – Now if we lose today, big questions will be asked about our ability to stay in the league!

After one home defeat to Arsenal?

This is exactly the type of hysterical nonsense that the doomsters spout.

I have absolutely no doubt that some are literally praying for us to get a hammering today so they can up the ante even more.

And they call themselves fans.

Absolute disgrace they are.

• AncientC

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:52 PM

#BoycottArsenal is the top trending hashtag here (Northern Ireland). Those thumbscrews are being tightened…

Everybody involved, don’t let anybody tell you that your cause is ineffective.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:53 PM

I’m strangely confident, but Arsenal always seem to get the better of us. Coupled with the fact we almost never win our opening game, and Arsenal have won 12 of the last 13 competitive games against us it’s looking like my head is telling me different.

• Mag :P

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM

I was a huge advocate for Rafa whilst he was here and I’m still gutted he has left.

But by no means will I be hoping for losses or not giving anyone a fair chance.

I still expect a decent season from this group of players.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:54 PM

Dummett to mess up? He’s been amongst the most consistent performers for years now and no player has developed more. Very strong at LB. Next to nobody gets beyond him 1 vs 1, great recovery speed when counters are down his side and much more comfortable on the ball than 3-4 years ago.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:55 PM

Bills Son

Agreed. Some ‘fans’ are a disgrace frankly.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:56 PM

John maybe so yes, Dummett would probably be better in flat back 4. It would be a pity though because we do loose our main crosser of the ball in Richie. And he definitely wont get a spot in Midfield so maybe he will loose out.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:57 PM

HWA,

Spot on.

Dummett is the best defender at the club by a country mile.

• #boycott Arsenal

Aug 11, 2019 at 12:58 PM

”Coupled with the fact we almost never win our opening game, and Arsenal have won 12 of the last 13 competitive games against us’
    Mmm, I wonder how we managed that?

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:00 PM

I would play Schar, Lascelles and Dummett as the back three and I’ll be surprised if Bruce doesn’t go for that as well.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:01 PM

OOF!

Pretty much full strength.

Ritchie starts at LWB! Dummett at left side of 3.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:02 PM

No proper CM on the bench is the only oddity. Ki and Matty Longstaff not present.

• IrishRob

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM

It’s the exact line up I predicted. Kinda disappointed.

• Munster Mag

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:05 PM

Oh dear shola is on sky.

• Hail Wor Ashley

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:06 PM

The amount of dullards in response to the team announcement on Twitter by the official account – “wheres ASM?”, “Why no ASM?” and so on.

This is what happens. People ignore reality, like they did with the takeover that was never happening, build up in their own mind a fake reality and then get upset when it doesn’t happen.

Everything indicated this was the likely formation and lineup, but some have been deluding themselves we’re going to start with Almiron/ASM and Joelinto so end up disappointed and frustrated. All their own making.

• Mag52

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Jail.

Odd isn’t. And under a series of different managers.

• lesh

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Charley’s comments’ve been released to provoke fans, surely

This one, ‘“I have to stress that every penny we make really does go into making this club better'” prompts the obvious response – ‘The club’s not making enough!’

Charley’s been set up by Ashley to take the flak – divert anger away from Ashley. What a clown!