web analytics

Alex Bruce Exchange With Journalist Will Not Be Helpful To Steve Bruce

Steve Bruce’s son Alex has taken exception to an article written by the Daily Mail’s Craig Hope. The article written yesterday after Newcastle’s narrow 0-1 defeat to Arsenal highlighted the substitution gaffe that ultimately led to Newcastle’s undoing.

Alex Bruce has come out today and defended his father which is admirable. However, this is not what is needed for Steve Bruce right now. Steve just needs to accept responsibility for the last 30 minutes of yesterday’s match and move on.

This is the exchange that Alex Bruce has had with Craig Hope.

We don’t think Craig Hope said anything wrong and we understand that it must be very hard for Alex Bruce as his father has not been well received by many in Newcastle. Yesterday’s second half did not do anything to help Bruce and that is just the way it is.

However, it was time to move on to Norwich and now Alex Bruce has stirred it up again by confronting a journalist who made a very astute and accurate observation.

Bruce needs to put yesterday in perspective and right the wrongs for Norwich. It should be taken as a learning experience and his focus should now move to getting the squad ready for a pivotal match at Carrow Road.

• Genjikai

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:57 PM

Posada
    Rights mate come along you may have the answer.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Those supporting the boycott stood in the rain for 4 hours

• TheTinman

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:58 PM

Posada I don’t understand your agenda here?

Why are you trying to belittle the Magpie group?

If you disagree with what they do or what their message is then feel free to voice that. But I don’t understand the belittling of their structure, leadership, meetings and members. It’s a free country and if they want to set up a group then they can do, if they want to make a call for a boycott then they can do. Just as it is your right to totally refuse to do so.

• TheTinman

Aug 12, 2019 at 12:59 PM

Alex Bruce didn’t half make a tit of himself there… what’s he doing

• Genjikai

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:03 PM

I was out on northumberland street from 1130 yesterday handing out #boycottarsenal stuff talking to match going fans maybe you seen me.
    I was absolutely soaked yesterday head to toe.
    Funnily enough i randomly bumped into bleachtheleach standing side by side outside of sjp next to each other.
    Strange how the universe works.

• Mindshaft

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:04 PM

I’m sure Steve will have a word with his son not to reply to Journos etc on Twitter – doesn’t look good.
    Aware that he’s standing up for his dad but the Journo was only commenting on what happened in the game and quoting Souness is never going to end well

• one fine day

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:07 PM

Genikai
    Simples
    In the week when charnley was signing up Brucie I was getting frustrated at being away and not able to get down the ground and voice my opinion in person.
    So I decided to use an online florist in uk to have a wreath sent to Lee charnley complete with sympathy card .
    Card read words to the effect of the sadness of the 12 years of life support and that under his watch the ” death” of nufc 1892 to 2019.
    I mentioned it on here and gengikai asked if I could get the details to him to use on the magpie Twitter feed , after delivery was confirmed I emailed him the details etc .
    It got a good response from expats who follow the Tmg on Twitter .
    He Seng me the same email if I wanted to be kept in the loop .
    I emailed them and hot a response thanking me for my support and I was added to the mailing list ..so that is how I have the details of what they stand for and what the plans were for yesterday .
    So at no time did I need to learn dodgy handshakes , join the Knights Templar ,sacrifice a goat etc it was just an email .:)

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM

What was in those programme notes I keep hearing about?

• hibbit

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM

Posada
    my brother was at the first meeting but was in Portugal when the second one was held,
    i don’t go to the meeting as its a 110 miles round trip, but i do back what they are trying to do even if it did take me a long time to get to that decision,

• toon22

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:12 PM

How many years has the traitor been s manager ?
    As it seems he hasn’t learned the basics yet

• aussiemag

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:22 PM

Looked like shite. Played like shite. Pretty much shite all round really!

• one fine day

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Jail
    Think the mag published them yesterday
    Was charnley twisting the pr about the whole Rafa thing and why it was appropriate ( in his mind) to keep up the no comment thing but then he contradicts himself about them being more open in communicating to the fans

• Ron Knee

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Charnley’s “interview” in the programme.

Example: “We understand and expected the disappointment that Rafa’s departure caused.

“We strongly believe we went beyond what could reasonably be asked in order to keep him.

“But let’s be clear, he moved to China for money.

“The offer he received was too tempting.

“We understand that and there is nothing wrong with that.

“It was not something we could compete against.”

• JackBall

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:24 PM

Martoon (I posted before first game, but didn’t lead with your name because not sure you were doing this again

Position… 17th
    Points… 39
    League cup: 3rd Round
    FA cup… 4th Round
    Player of the season.. Almiron
    Top goal scorer.. joelinton
    Number of goals.. 9

In fairness, I changed my league cup prediction to what I had meant to type.

• beermonkey

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM

ron knee

wasnt there a rafa interview due out i am sure i read somewhere he had done one

• Rotonda heights

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM

Posada

I think there are many people who to put it bluntly are incredibly selfish and short termist and don’t really want what’s best and aren’t prepared to do what’s best for the long term future of the club, ie an Ashlie-less future.
    Their little day out is all that matters to them.
    At the moment we are a zombie cub who were offered a route to go one way but opted to go another. The result the worst coach in the PL and an owner who doesn’t see the bigger picture and what could be.

Yes Rafa had a bad start last season but you always have faith that he could turn it around given his pedigree and CV. with Bruce I don’t have that same faith at all. We’ve been programmed to think we shouldn’t be top half and pushing for Europe.

Tell you what I would much rather have had an on fire Rondon and Perez with Rafa on the sideline than an unknown Brazilian lad and a guy on the touchline who doesn’t even know where the unfit overweight player he is sending on is meant to be at. This aint going to end well.

• outside the box

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:27 PM

the boycott did its job in as much as it has been all over the media …those at the game did the bars and food places look as if they were affected?

• Bladey

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:33 PM

Last season the non football brigade on here and there are many were singing the praises of sean Longstaff after less than 10 games
    What a talent world class england cap soon
    What a load of bull
    Why do you constantly put these young players on a pedestal
    Listen he has talent but at the moment that’s it no more no less and the big bucks apparently that man u would of payed I would of snapped there hand off as a bit of talent doesn’t make a world class player
    At nufc he is going to stand out as the rest are bordering on mediocre
    He’s not world class has not even a great player
    Not even in the top 40 of midfielders in the epl
    Comparison loftus cheek rarley got into Chelsea s team yet he is miles better than Longstaff as loads of others are
    30 odd million for him is a joke I wouldn’t pay 10
    And after yesterday I would put him back in the reserves
    As he clearly in cloud cookoo land
    ASH IN WISE OR CARVER IN MUGS OUT

• Ron Knee

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:34 PM

beer

He sent this message yesterday:

At the start of the Premier League season, I would like to wish Steve Bruce, all the players and the fans good luck.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:35 PM

it’s amazing the people who slag off others trying to do something about the situation but have absolutely zero to offer themselves. i think it’s screamingly obvious to have an all out boycott.

• one fine day

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:36 PM

Jail f.a
    Link below to mag article
    Shameless Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley PR spin stunt ahead of Arsenal match | NUFC The Mag

Latest PR stunt ‘interview’ proves Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley ARE worried about how many empty seats there will be at the Arsenal game.

Sent from my iPad

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:37 PM

It seems like we’ve spent £40m on Joelinton with the idea of getting him to change his game completely so that he can play like Rondon. There’s not even any evidence he can play this way so £40m is a gamble. I hope against Norwich we get to see him come deep and drift to wings where he can run at people. If not I have a feeling Andy Carrol will replace him as the target man as he’s probably better at that specific role, or they’ll play together in a front three with Almiron. ASM will be used as a supersub to change games.

• toon22

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM

They care very much about the PR

Hahahahaha

• posada

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM

Rotonda
    At the moment we are a zombie club.

Yes, that’s right. My guess is in the coming weeks it will get worse.
    Bruce will be found out as out of his depth.
    The atmosphere will be even worse.

it won’t be due to boycott though. They two things should be kept seperate.

• JohnJ

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM

With regard to the attendance it has to be remembered that the number given out by the club for the Arsenal game includes all season ticket holders regardless of them being in the ground or not. It will interesting to see the actual number when it seeps out!

Regarding the game I watched it from a pub in Carlisle where I was yesterday. F

My summing up:-

Far to many misplaced passes and a lack of discipline at times! A point was in our grasp and we let it trickle through our fingers!

Full marks to those who chose to vote with their feet.

• beermonkey

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM

ron

cheers
    not what i was expecting

• The next Mike Williamson

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:42 PM

I was in Liverpool at the weekend, and they were all talking about Ashley so it’s obviously been in the papers. I heard all sorts of opinions mind, worst one was that the fans like Ashley but the papers have got it in for him. But everyone I spoke to seemed to understand he hasn’t invested.

• stan anderson

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:43 PM

What a shame it p,d down on the protesters.
    If the weather had of been kinder it surely would’ve swelled the no,s
    People on here trying to ridicule it is shocking.
    They are showing they are prepared to act against the slug and good on them.
    People chose to attend the match in their thousands sadly but it’s their choice.
    After a mediocre performance on the pitch and with virtually no atmosphere I hope they enjoyed it.
    Be prepared for more mediocrity from Steve the constant non achiever.
    How long before more see the light and even if attending the match make some noise and lift the players if that’s what it takes?
    Probably better to let the country know your support for the team or the regime whatever way you feel but don’t just sit and do nowt like dummies.

• posada

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:45 PM

#BoycottAshley ( OP)

The Magpie Group.
    You’ve started small, getting more members, gonna have a web site, raise money, have a bank account, have duly elected officials etc etc.

I’ve got a better idea. Why don’t you join the NUST. They have that already.
    You won’t because you would have to join a wider group who may not agree with you.

That’s my point right there. It’s about you you and what you think. A small group of 20 people.

• kimbo

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:49 PM

One Fine day…
    Nobody has come up with credible way to get Ashley out, he will go when he wants to go,this is not what people want to hear.
    You can protest, boycott etc but it will make no difference.
    If I had an answer for the way to get rid of the slug I would tell the world, 50000 people to stump up £7000.00 each is a start.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 12, 2019 at 1:51 PM

Robleenio – All forty thousand went in thinking the same thing. If I go it will make no difference.

This is where you and many boycotters are wrong.

To say all 40,000 went in with that attitude is exactly why you will never get the vast majority of fans to boycott.

The vast majority of fans go to support the team, to do something that is in their heart and soul.

These fans know that a half empty stadium and protests outside the ground on match day will harm the team and their morale far more than it will ever harm Ashley.

If you don’t agree, that’s your right.

But don’t try and tar us with a brush that doesn’t in any way reflect reality.

• Trent1211

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:11 PM

Rotunda H @ 96. V well said. It’s selfish people like Bills Son is Back and the weapon Tony Baloney who are complicit now. Bum on seat = Thanks Mike and Lee you’re doing great. People thinking only of THEIR day out not the health of the club. Then have the temerity to criticise people who actually have the club’s best interest at heart and make a stand. Those people are damaging the club and part of the problem. Better to be in League 2 or conference than support a mirage of a club that exists to sell tat and quite literally trades on misplaced loyalty.

• Bruce

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:14 PM

Bruce

Boycott, what’s the point.

• Bruce

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:16 PM

Oh and jail, I’m not Welsh, he uses the word muppet, and I’ve noticed a few use that word to.

• Bruce

Aug 12, 2019 at 2:18 PM

And if I was Welsh, I would be telling you to spell Welsh properly because if he was on here he would say something.

• arpeco19

Aug 12, 2019 at 5:24 PM

If people/fans want rid of Mike Ashley & Lee Charnley why don’t people/fans put their money where their mouths are and 52,000 club together to buy him out? It would take each fan to get a loan of £7,000. Buy the club, Get reputable people to run the financial side, create a fans board, then run it how they see fit. Become a shareholder, have a club like Barcelona. Until people decide to do something like that, we are not going to get rid of someone who will always increase the price of a firm he owns. All the complaining won’t affect someone who has skin like a rhino.

• mactoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:11 PM

@ Genjikai

I’ve emailed the magpie group three times now and the AshleyOut once with ideas without reply. Hardly inspires confidence.