web analytics

Newcastle Youth Target May Now Make Move To Ligue 2

Newcastle were reportedly close to signing PSG defender Moussa Sissako this summer. Both Newcastle and Brighton had offers on the table for 18-year-old but neither deal could not be concluded.

We had hoped that Newcastle would return with a move for Sissako in January to add to the academy. Steve Bruce had said that there were funds set aside to add youth players but the club only ended up adding free agents.

After today’s very disappointing opener for the Under-23s, they need to refocus their efforts on adding young talent.

France Football is reporting that French Ligue 2 side Le Havre is going all out to bring Moussa Sissako in this summer.

If Newcastle really wanted Sissako and were lining up a winter move for the defender, they are now powerless to prevent him from moving to Le Havre. The French transfer window is open until September 2nd and PSG are said to be willing to sell Moussa Sissako for the right price.

The issue for Le Havre is what price that happens to be. They have thus far not spent any money in the transfer market instead relying on free transfers and loans. It depends on what fee PSG would expect for their academy product whether Le Havre can make the deal.

The Le Havre academy, incidentally, is where Newcastle plucked Charles N’Zogbia from in 2004. The ultimately ended up have to pay the club a £250k as compensation for N’Zogbia.

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:27 AM

online
    any idea who were given all the spare tickets? if this is true then its good news really as it means they are clearly concerned about seeing large areas of the ground empty .

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:29 AM

Bill,

I wish I had mate…I could do with it 🙂

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:31 AM

NYMag

One planning application could fail and on the other hand another project might prosper and be passed.

Depends on the use, any objections , and a decision based on the merits of any given project .

Although I know if say a planning application was presented for the construction of say a bus station, taxi rank, zoo, or any other prospective project and it’s turned down, none of the afore mentioned named projects could ever come to fruition for that particular use in the future.

N.Y. any idea where the £9 million quid went that Ashley received for the sale of that land ?

Has it been channeled through the corridors of creative accountancy or is Ashley pissing it up the wall ?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:33 AM

ofd

I’m always a bit suspicious of councils and councillors and I can’t help thinking that dodgy back handers come into the mix with planning applications and things often happen to ensure a smooth transaction.

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:36 AM

OLG,

I appreciate what your saying and you’re perfectly correct. All I was pointing out was that if the NUST (or anyone else) gives carte blanche to people by saying “get your objections in” then maybe people will inadvertently object using reasons that might hamper things in the future.
    In my opinion NUST should have researched this more and given specific reasons that people should object to.

As far as I’m aware the £9M has not been received yet as the sale does not go through until the 30th September.

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:40 AM

egb
    Absolutely
    Lost count of the amount of long lunches I have seen working in restaurants and have witnessed well know local Polly’s getting cozy with the developers .Think its even expected by most developers that if you want things to go through then palms have to be greased .

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:40 AM

One find day

I will do some digging in morning and get back to you on the tickets .

It may have looked like 45 thousand in attendance (not 48k as stated ) that quoted police figure is wrong, its PR in action… thousands of tickets went out free.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:44 AM

NY MAG

I will be asking Chi to keep tabs on the paper trail for that transaction .

Thanks for your advice and info .

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM

Bed time, G’dnight all.

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:46 AM

To all of you who boycotted, marcged and got soaked – you’re heroes.

And no amount of free tickets could disguise the guests who seemed devoid of any emotion whatsoever, no black and white scarves to be seen and they were more concerned with fannying on with their phones or chatting – while getting soaked. I don’t think they were told that watching the match might help convince the cameras of a good crowd.

For those of you who chose not to boycott, a tough decision for many but for those who use the match as an excuse to get out the house, have a read of this piece from the Mag – it talks about what fans want to identify with

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:48 AM

Here’s the link that I didn’t balls up….

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:48 AM

OLG,

It in the accounts of the company that owns the land – STRAWBERRY PLACE NEWCASTLE LIMITED
    Accounts were released on 2nd August 2019.

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:49 AM

Goodnight Bill 🙂

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:51 AM

N.Y.

I objected on the fact that the land was for public amenity and part of the town moor and therefore for the people of Newcastle to enjoy and for the freemen of Newcastle to hold sway on its use and that it should never be lost to the public.

On a lighter note, I E-mailed Alan Shearer and told him to get his objections in as it would prevent him from grazing his Cow on it !

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 1:58 AM

OLG / OFD,

I don’t wanna sound like I’m taking the clubs side here.

But, giving away free tickets for “empty” seats is good business.

If you’re hosting an event and if that event is going ahead no matter what, then you gain nothing by not having it at close to capacity as possible. You could gain if you can close off entire sections and therefore reduce costs, but that’s not what happened.

It makes sense to give away tickets as it’s more likely that people who get in for free will spend on other concessions.
    It’s the “I’m not buying anything while I’m here cos my ticket cost £40” vs “I may as well buy this, it’s a bargain cos I got my ticket for free”

Now, I’m not saying that the club (or Ashley) is not worried / affected by what’s happening. Just that, giving away tickets for empty seats is quite a smart thing to do.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:02 AM

Morning Lesh, hope her well mate.

Travelled back from Edinburgh tonight ..Richard Thompson session in car ..VBL1952 and Beeswing always has an effect . Beautiful .

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:06 AM

OLG,

Re: shearer grazing his cows, I spat a mouthful of Cabernet on that one…..well done 😀

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:16 AM

N.Y.

I know .

The night before Newcastle Arena opened and the day of the event , concert, thousands of tickets went out free .. sales were slow on account of new venue , people had no familiarity ..problems with a new route, parking etc ..getting in and out ..hence low volume of ticket sales .

I commented on it at the time .

Who was on that night I hear you asking !

DB

Ashley had to paper the house for Devious reasons, not Logistics.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:20 AM

N.Y.

I know it’s hilarious that the Freeman of Newcastle can graze their coos on town moor land .

I stand to be corrected but I’m thinking that it was granted through a Royal Charter from King John.

I might have made that last bit up .

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:22 AM

Lash, have you nodded off !

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Goodnight Bill

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:26 AM

Night all !

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 2:33 AM

Goodnight OLG 🙂

• toon22

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:24 AM

NY

It’s what the Mackems did

Look where that got them

• toon22

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:27 AM

Once you start to give tickets away it’s the beginning of the end for a club
    The supporters are gone

It don’t take long for the free loaders to abandon ship

• NY Mag

Aug 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM

toon22,

I never said that having empty seats is a good thing…..only that filling them, whatever the cost makes sense.

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:47 AM

ny
    Totally get what you mean about good business.
    The group I work for are into restaurants,bars casinos and gambling.
    A lot of ROI is worked on from food/bev so giving away a few items in a restaurant or heavily subsidized food is ok as if that person walks in a throws $300 into a gaming machine.
    However throwing out free tickets to fill a ground that is below capacity due to you neglecting your customer is just the sort of stunt I expect from the current regime.

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:51 AM

OG
    Yes I had heard that stuff about the freemen allowed to graze cattle on the moor.
    Does conjure a fantastic image of A.S chewing a blade of grass as he guides 50 head of Herefords up through gallowgate

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 4:53 AM

Maybe next game thats boycotted they will bring in speakers like the dildo brothers at west ham to give the place some “atmosphere” 🙂

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:28 AM

NY Mag, OLG

Giving away tickets for the match was nothing more than a political gesture, propaganda to try to show the world that the boycott was a failure, that ‘fans’ ignored the call and the organisers were discredited.

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:36 AM

OLG

You know what, I’ve never heard BL 1952 for a long time – must try to find it. There can’t be many songs based on the name Vincent – apart from Don McL’s.

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:47 AM

BBC pundit says Newcastle are ‘up the creek without a paddle’

Speaking after the defeat to Arsenal, Garth Crooks said: “I did tell you Rafael Benitez would leave if the owner could not match his ambitions.

“Now he’s left, the Magpies are up the creek without a paddle. Good luck with that.”

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:50 AM

Online

You abour?

Where did you get the info about the tickets?

• toon22

Aug 13, 2019 at 6:52 AM

The PR might have dragged in people to boost the crowd, but they sat through a rubbish game without atmosphere
    It’s just going to get worse from this point in

As the Mackems found, once you start giving away tickets it’s the beginning of the end

It means you’ve lost your fans and people don’t care anymore

• Ron Knee

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:14 AM

The Athletic UK@TheAthleticUK

We are delighted to welcome former Newcastle United, Real Madrid and Liverpool manager, Rafa Benitez to @TheAthleticUK as a columnist.

And his first column is a must-read…

‘The real story of my Newcastle exit’ | @rafabenitezweb

• lochinvar

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:20 AM

Geordietwo@7
    Mr. Brucie’s son seems like a right Mr. Potato Head.

A CHIP off the old block ?

• one fine day

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:22 AM

lochivor
    one of your better quips 🙂 worth a heart me thinks

• martoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 7:45 AM

Morning lads & lasses – I’m taking Blog Predictions 😀
    I’m keeping the categories the same as last year – to remind you they are:
    Final League Position
    Final No. of Points
    League Cup Round (2:Entry, 7:Final)
    FA Cup Round (3:Entry, 8:Final)
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup)
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer

When doing your prediction could you please put martoon in the post – then I can find it easily.

So far I have predictions from:
    martoon
    bettyswallocks
    Moonraker15
    Oldgit1
    Belfast
    MG-Man
    Cyrus Varten

Apologies if I’ve missed you – just repost with my name in!

• martoon