web analytics

Newcastle Youth Target May Now Make Move To Ligue 2

Newcastle were reportedly close to signing PSG defender Moussa Sissako this summer. Both Newcastle and Brighton had offers on the table for 18-year-old but neither deal could not be concluded.

We had hoped that Newcastle would return with a move for Sissako in January to add to the academy. Steve Bruce had said that there were funds set aside to add youth players but the club only ended up adding free agents.

After today’s very disappointing opener for the Under-23s, they need to refocus their efforts on adding young talent.

France Football is reporting that French Ligue 2 side Le Havre is going all out to bring Moussa Sissako in this summer.

If Newcastle really wanted Sissako and were lining up a winter move for the defender, they are now powerless to prevent him from moving to Le Havre. The French transfer window is open until September 2nd and PSG are said to be willing to sell Moussa Sissako for the right price.

The issue for Le Havre is what price that happens to be. They have thus far not spent any money in the transfer market instead relying on free transfers and loans. It depends on what fee PSG would expect for their academy product whether Le Havre can make the deal.

The Le Havre academy, incidentally, is where Newcastle plucked Charles N’Zogbia from in 2004. The ultimately ended up have to pay the club a £250k as compensation for N’Zogbia.

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:03 AM

@159

I suspect Jib’s decided to change his approach with that one !!!!

• Moonraker15

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:06 AM

Martoon
    @158
    Sorry mate I missed that, in case you didn’t see my previous post;
    Player of the season Sean Longstaff

Cheers for doing this again!

• Jib

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:08 AM

lochinvar
    You do realise that it was Ashley that blew the whistle on Goals
    nefarious VAT procedures.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:10 AM

Online Guy
    Aug 13, 2019 at 2:20 AM
    N.Y.
    I know it’s hilarious that the Freeman of Newcastle can graze their coos on town moor land .
    I stand to be corrected but I’m thinking that it was granted through a Royal Charter from King John.
    I might have made that last bit up .
    **********************************************
    You might have made the whole lot up.
    Like the ITK crap you spouted.
    I bet Chi’s secretary really looks forward to your calls.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:17 AM

The walls close in.

• Moonraker15

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:18 AM

Jib
    You are becoming an embarrassment in your repeated defence of Ashley!
    You can’t defend the indefensible!
    I understand your total support for the team, but please….Ashley?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:19 AM

No investment in the Academy. No investment in the training facility. Less say on transfers. Same money. Obviously no possibility of Rafa signing a new deal. Followed by that nonsensical few weeks without a manager.

Utterly atrocious!

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:22 AM

What is the craik with this blog.
    OLG calls 40 odd thousand NUFC supporters morons and gets 16 hearts.
    You should all be ashamed of yourselves.

What type of person reads this blog. Are a militants disproportionately represented. On the plus side that is.

Not a lot of comments on here from folks who actually went to the game.
    Do they even bother with this site, when you have the likes of OLG spouting that disgusting nonsense.

• Paully

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:22 AM

Is it coincidental that the majority of Ashley apologists don’t have a moniker?

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Posada

As a loyal supporter among tens of thousands, you’ll have read Rafa’s recent piece and compared his version of events with Charnley’s? You may also have bought the match programme in which it appeared?

Yes, Posada, you’re a loyal supporter – supporting not only the team but the liars who own and run the club which is there to take your money and serve up a relegation fight in a stadium that’s looking tatty.

Is that what being a fan is, Ashley must be laughing all the way to the bank.

• Paully

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Yes posada chief Ashley apologist, I was at the match, I agree I’m a moron.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Or perhaps they read this blog, but decide not to say much.
    Little experiment.

Heart this if you were at the game and don’t appreciate being called a moron.

That’s what boycotts do.

• Bleatin' n Bruced

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:23 AM

Posada you can get indignant as you want but a significant amount of the core vocal dedicated support weren’t there. That was not a great victory for Mike at all, on the contrary it worked

I remember what it’s like to be among them and the rest of the crowd who need constant gearing up to get into the game. I sat among people with season tickets and regular visitors who didn’t have a clue what was going on, had their favourite complaints, went early before half time, went early before full time. Sadly the reality is a large swathe of those supporters are those who do it as a habit, a social outing, something they do. They don’t really care much about nufc as a whole just their right as a local to go there and take in what’s on offer. Don’t get me wrong they aren’t fickle like the mackems phantom support base by any means. But even if Mike Ashley stood in the middle of the pitch and said i will never compete or win anything I’m just here to get your money off you, you’d still get 35k in every two weeks.

But let’s go for that if we can, those who have a conscience and principles and can actually see the wood for the trees. 🙂

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:24 AM

It has been mooted that SB hasn’t had enough time with the players, so on that, does anybody have any thoughts on why we waited so long to bring players in, bearing in mind the manager had absolutely nothing to do with them so it is fanciful that they even needed his approval. Was it a token gesture so it looked like the managers signings or was it purely to save on wages thinking we don’t really need a good start we’ll pick up next season like the last two?

• Jib

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:24 AM

I notice that Rafa maintains he was gagged by his contract
    and that’s why he said nowt.

He had met Wang Jianlin (or his people) in Madrid end of May
    when he really should have resigned from NUFC

Then he could have said whatever he wanted and left NUFC to
    move on – instead the club was left in turmoil and the fans were
    left bemused by a deafening silence from both club and manager

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:26 AM

posada,
    You’re getting very much like Baloney, you keep saying no one is answeing you, I answered you last night and about a dozen posts later you listed the same questions I answered for you saying that no one is answering, to which I questioned why you were acting like a tit.

• Jail for Ashley

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Jib,
    He’s never resigned before, why should he have done it then, why didn’t ”the club”

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM

Posada
    Still not emailed the magpiegroup?
    I know you havnt.
    Ashley has created all this mess.

• Reilly

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:29 AM

“He had met Wang Jianlin (or his people) in Madrid end of May
    when he really should have resigned from NUFC”

You keep making this claim jib,without any proof.

• The overrated Frenchman

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:30 AM

As far as I’m aware Benitez hasn’t denied that he wanted a 50% salary increase to stay. Assuming it’s accurate, to me that makes a mockery of his bleeding heart line about wanting more spent on the academy etc. I suppose he was going to fund himself from his pay rise was he?

• Rob1971

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:31 AM

Jib its never Ashleys fault is it? It’s amazing how you have went from Calling Ashley fat mike when you thought he was leaving to defending him now that we know the he never intended to sell the club

• Ron Knee

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Rafa: “I was waiting until late June, like every fan, hoping there would be good news about Newcastle’s prospective takeover.”

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Lesh
    Have you gone to games in the Ashley era.
    When did you stop supporting the liars.
    That’s it you see. We have all supported this regime. Unless you gave it up with some great insight in 2008.
    Deciding when to stop should be a personal choice.
    We’ve gone from Boycott Arsenal to now a general boycott.

Do you think it is right to call 40 odd thousand folks morons.

Paully

Never heard you say much on here.
    Your one liner.
    I ask some hard questions and I’m the Chief Ashley apologist.
    That’s what boycotts do.

• Rob1971

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:34 AM

TOF why did the club offer him the same salary for just a year then? it doesn’t sound like the did everything possible to keep him as Charnley has claimed.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Bleaten Bruced
    I can relate to much of that.
    There are those at games who are transients.
    They come and go.

East Stand. Not very vocal. Getting on a bit many of them, but great supporters.
    I’m not having OLG calling them morons.
    That’s way out of order.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Jail
    You’ve acted like a tit on here for years and it’s never bothered you one bit.
    Do you have the answers. Who are they, how many members. What process do they go through to decide policy.
    Never got an answer.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Jail
    By the way are you happy about the majority of our supporters being called morons.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Comments
    !81 and 182 contradict each other

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Genjikai
    Aug 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM
    Posada
    Still not emailed the magpiegroup?
    I know you havnt.
    Ashley has created all this mess.
    *************************************************
    Ah Genjikai.
    Do you think it would really bother me e mailing the Magpie Group.
    I’ll e mail them if I choose. Do you think it would bother me going to one of your meetings and disagreeing with you.
    If you know I haven’t I’d say it’s probably because you are one of the Magpie Group and able to check.
    If you are then why don’t you answer the questions I put.
    Are they so hard.

Little question. Do you agree with OLG and his morons comment.

• hibbit

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:03 AM

I suggest Jibs getting desperate and having to tell even bigger porkies,

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Posada

If a known spiv, a proven liar asked you for money on the street, would you hand it over? Would you offer to give a year’s worth, up front? Would you be happy seeing that money being wasted on drink?

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Lesh
    Like many I started to pay for this years ticket in March.
    Rafa still here.
    We had just beaten Man City a few weeks earlier.
    Everton game was great.