web analytics

It’s Up To Leaders Like This To Take The Club Forward

We have to say that even with all of the turmoil surrounding the club, we are thrilled with the attitudes of some of our players. We are also amazed at their resiliency. Tuesday was another day of endurance for the average Newcastle fan.

It started with another storm as Rafa Benitez defended himself against the petulant comments in Sunday’s programme by Lee Charnley. Rather than embodying the club’s mantra of moving forward under Steve Bruce, Lee had to unnecessarily drag the Rafa Benitez situation back into the sunlight. We hope that the back and forth will end now as it makes the task at hand that much more difficult for the head coach and players.

What does do the club a great service is the positivity emanating from our players. We have had a torrent of comments since our narrow loss to Arsenal just two days ago showing a squad that is together and willing to look out for each other.

First in line has been Isaac Hayden. Isaac was our man of the match on Sunday and he is growing into one of the most vocal leaders of this team.

We have found the following comments he made to BBC Newcastle and are really impressed with the sensibility displayed.

While some may question the word “progress” with all that has happened in the past few months. We take Isaac to mean the progress since Steve Bruce has arrived. To be fair to Bruce, it has been remarkable that he and this club have put the outside pressures to the side and tried to get on with it.

The players have moved forward in an effort to build something this fanbase can be proud of. While it may not come to be, their attempt is at least admirable. We just wish that everyone at the club could move forward as well.

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:52 PM

carltoon

I was more concerned about the demand you might’ve created. With such talent Ashley might even offer you a job as Head of Customer Abuse – you’re such a tease they’d still be queuing up to fill SJP.

• jane

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:53 PM

“Invite the Gers down for a weekend in Newcastle and ask them to keep the coordinated pressure on at each SD outlet throughout Scotland and England”

that lines staying in the blog movie

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Jane thought youd be back green?
    Can you explain the colour code again?

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:54 PM

Hayden had a good game, but second half you’d think all the players were running through treacle. Looked lethargic. Bruce may be to much hard training.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:56 PM

His definition of the word progress is very different to mine

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:56 PM

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:56 PM

• Neil Harrison

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:57 PM

G,

It went automatically into the ether due to your creative spelling of the F Word. 🙂

But I have retrieved it and posted it for you in its proper place in the thread.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:59 PM

Lesh I would lash Ashley with a bit of wood with a nail in it. Eh! I don’t know where this aggressive behaviour is coming from ha ha.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:00 AM

Hayden and Longstaff should be our first choice mid played in tandem in a 343, in my opinion. Shelvey and Ki can compete and cover. 3322 basically plays both Hayden and Longstaff out of position, too far up the pitch, too far apart from each other, and doesn’t allow us to play Almiron, Joelinton, and St Max together in a front 3.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Carltoon
    Well have to keep you back if you join in with the next planned action
    We only dont peaceful protests.

• G

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:01 AM

Seen it Neil at 28 in previous thread. Thank you. Sorry if its strong but I used to post and contribute. My words there are why i dont post much anymore

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:04 AM

Lesh will have to show my husband that vid. Of the guitar player, as he’s learning to play. Hense every Thursday at the Lochside for guitar night.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:06 AM

Nicky ploughs through with his football agenda no matter what.
    Here here to nicky the ball tosser.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:08 AM

Ha ha don’t want to get arrested. All my family thought it was hilarious when they found out. Especially when I thought I was going to be in the Chronicle. Was talking to the photographer and he followed me all over trying to get a photo. He did get one with my face covered in Ashleys out poster.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Nicky the only same one on here. No matter what he’ll post football what a star.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:09 AM

Sane

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Carltoon are you planning on going to the games this year?

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:11 AM

Yes, I’ll applaud Nicky as well.
    He ploughs on when everything is burning around him…well done sir!

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:12 AM

Bills son is back

I feel affection , or maybe that an infection , for you, for some strange reason ..so I thought of you with this luverly song .

I hope you like it as it was a favourite of my friend Jimmy Clithroe . I first heard it in a dream or was it the Billy cotton show when I was a nipper of 2 or 3 ..anyway it’s for you Bill..

Do you wear a turtle neck sweater Bill? Or a white polo neck ? I imagined you that way ..ohh can’t sleep. Ooh Bill .

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM

So kind, so kind, too kind, lol. 🙂

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:13 AM

Ny mag
    What do you think of the magpie group taken up Ashley’s offer to have an independent auditor go through the books?

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:14 AM

I’m dying to see if I’m on OLGs list.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:14 AM

Seen a post on Rangers shop. First game of the season usually full with fans buying strips. EMPTY. Not one person in the club store. Now that would be some thing to try.

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Genji,

Yes, very good – puts the ball firmly in his court.
    I would have tried to do it through Chi or the chronicle or even a solicitor to add some weight, but you still have that option if he ignores it.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:16 AM

Carltoon

If Shelvey wasn’t injured and was given the hook, then Brucie is going to have one very angry man to contend with.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:17 AM

Carltoon thats what we are working on its shocking what ashley has done to rangers.
    Ed/ neil you should do an article on that they could potentially go bust again.
    Dig deep into the rabbit hole and youll truly be shocked at what ashley has done to them.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:18 AM

If I’m not then my next comment could put me there. 😉

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Ny mag ill convey that on
    See if hes a man of his word.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:18 AM

Genjikai actually the whole thing had made me quite ill about whether to go or to boycott. I think this will be my last season. There is reason I renewed this year. I’ll tell you at the next meeting if I see you.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:19 AM

Your on the list Bill as a subversive.

Spotted those shiny boots under your desk.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:20 AM

Egb
    You need to howl at the moon it looks pritty full tonight.
    Ive been shouting ashley out to mother night light for the last hour. Now its time for bed good night all

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:21 AM

Carltoon
    I was going to ask would you be willing to take ashleyout stuff in?
    Like hold up banner or something?
    Just a thought.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:23 AM

Carltoo n

Forgive my comments about those attending the match ..feel bad aboot it.

I was hoping for sub 30k ! Would have sent Ash a message . Well done the BBc for highlighting the boycott.

I love Newcastle United as much as you and will not go back and give a dishonest man the satisfaction.

Proven Liar.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:24 AM

EGB honestly that’s what I was told. He was furious. Longstaff should have come off first., Then Hayden wasn’t very pleased when he was the only midfielder left on.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:24 AM

Lesh # 17 previous page !

Best comment this year. In fits. Brilliant.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Genjikai would love to but I go with someone close to the club. I did take a poster in the last time. It didn’t go down well. Like I say I will let you know if I go to next meeting.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:29 AM

Intrigued by the “city” view that cows are never united and that the farmer beats the cows for not being united.

Typical city dwellers perception of a farm.

I’ve lived in the countryside for over half my life and have over the years visited hundreds of farms. Never seen a farmer beating cows.

Cows are herd animals and naturally have a hierarchical structure. A herd always has a leader.

Folks should at least have a little bit of knowledge about what they post.

The masses can never unify, same as cows in a field. The farmer beats them every time because they are not united.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:30 AM

Talking of the Moon

I could see Bella Emberg in it tonight.

Have a look . Defo Bella .

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:31 AM

OLG that’s ok I know what your like. I promise I won’t give you a slap.