web analytics

It’s Up To Leaders Like This To Take The Club Forward

We have to say that even with all of the turmoil surrounding the club, we are thrilled with the attitudes of some of our players. We are also amazed at their resiliency. Tuesday was another day of endurance for the average Newcastle fan.

It started with another storm as Rafa Benitez defended himself against the petulant comments in Sunday’s programme by Lee Charnley. Rather than embodying the club’s mantra of moving forward under Steve Bruce, Lee had to unnecessarily drag the Rafa Benitez situation back into the sunlight. We hope that the back and forth will end now as it makes the task at hand that much more difficult for the head coach and players.

What does do the club a great service is the positivity emanating from our players. We have had a torrent of comments since our narrow loss to Arsenal just two days ago showing a squad that is together and willing to look out for each other.

First in line has been Isaac Hayden. Isaac was our man of the match on Sunday and he is growing into one of the most vocal leaders of this team.

We have found the following comments he made to BBC Newcastle and are really impressed with the sensibility displayed.

While some may question the word “progress” with all that has happened in the past few months. We take Isaac to mean the progress since Steve Bruce has arrived. To be fair to Bruce, it has been remarkable that he and this club have put the outside pressures to the side and tried to get on with it.

The players have moved forward in an effort to build something this fanbase can be proud of. While it may not come to be, their attempt is at least admirable. We just wish that everyone at the club could move forward as well.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:32 AM

In a local magazine an Estate agent was talking about all of the empty shops on Southend High Street, doubt very much if he’s an acquaintance or friend of Ashlie but he was echoing much of what Ashlie said when he went before the Commons select committee.

That rents and rates are far too high making it almost impossible for shops to compete against online outlets. The kicker here is that it’s a government policy to maintain these high costs and is nowt to do with City or Town councils.

Yes Ashlie has a vested interest in trying to get these costs down, but the knock on affect if he was to succeed would benefit the high street as a whole, so love him or hate him he is potentially the saviour of the High street.

There you go Mr toon22 something to use in your shill campaign.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:36 AM

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:37 AM

Thought I’d better post some animal spotting information for Cockney City dwellers. This is a cow.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:39 AM

Carltoon

If you can let me know of your Local I will drop off a decent bottle of wine for you ..I know your a good sort. X.

Will stick it behind the bar.

Red or white ?

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM

EGB I agree about the rents being too high. Let’s hope the greedy landlords and the Government get their act together and do something. But would still like Ashley to go bust.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:40 AM

Did anyone know that cows are one of the biggest contributors to ‘greenhouse gases’ they’re probably aliens trying to hasten our destruction and deserve a good regular beating!

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:42 AM

NYmag hope your keeping well. Have you been on your holidays. Although I haven’t been on here a lot. I’ve made up for it tonight.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:44 AM

Nice looking cow, in a very nice habitat. Looks happy and healthy. Does a poo at the 14 second mark. 🙂

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:44 AM

OLG that’s ok don’t think my man would be too pleased. He doesn’t really know how much I post on here when he’s gone to bed. Thanks anyway.

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:45 AM

Carltoon,

I’m doing well thanks, hope you are too?
    No, not been on holiday. I never go on holiday in the summer here in the US as the weather is always nice here in the summer. We usually go on holiday in January.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:46 AM

carltoon

Aye, I’m not trying to make him out to be some altruistic commercial Saint, I think we all realise his companies come 1st to him and bugg^r anyone else but but if he was able to get better rent costs and lower rates then everyone else should be able to.
    Mind you he might own all of the high street shops soon! Perhaps he’ll then have some spare cash for the club, naaaah silly comment that.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:47 AM

It’s true Bill, and it costs a fortune to farm beef, in terms of feed and water, etc. I think we rather over do it on the red meat consumption, well, anything with a face actually.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:50 AM

Nicky

As we all well know Cabbages have faces too, some of them even have jobs as Football club coaches!

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Well NYmag the weather here has been horrible. I’m pleased it’s great over there, it’s not fair though. What did you think of the match?

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:51 AM

Haha!

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:52 AM

Bill,

Now,now. Give the guy a chance before you turn him into kimchi 🙂

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:54 AM

Check out those Belted Galloways.. they boycotted the match on Sunday !

• The Wife

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM

A bit on how the boycott was covered here in the States…

We watch most of the PL matches on NBCSN, or some NBC variant. They showed footage of the protesters and shots of the larger sections of the arena that were empty. The TV hosts talked about the boycott and how the Newcastle fans are not happy with MA and how he’s running the club. So it did get air-time!

I think I speak for both Neil and Ed when I say that the more footy talk there is, the blog is all the better for it. It’s difficult to separate the politics from the sport, I know, especially when the politics is headed up by a massive leech. Beyond a doubt, all of you are passionate about this club and what you think is best for it – else you wouldn’t be on here making your cases!

G, I’m glad I was able to help get your missing comment sorted.

Alright, carry on, Night Shift. I’m off for the evening. 🙂

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:55 AM

Eeh Bill that’s awful. Poor Steve. I new his brother and sister in-law. He was a lovely lad..

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:58 AM

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:58 AM

Thank you the wife. It’s great to know that it’s getting airtime in other countries.

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 12:59 AM

Carltoon,

I thought we looked comfortable in the first half (I would go so far as to say we possibly edged it).
    But, it seemed to fall apart with the substitutions and it was a real sloppy goal to give away – there was a domino effect of three or four errors that led to it.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:00 AM

Jib – save you a Google search.
    Belted Galloways are not a family called Galloway who have just received a good thrashing but a breed of cow.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:01 AM

carltoon

Aye I’m sure he is, now you’re making me feel guilty, if he can give us some joy then I’ll recant and use a different, much nicer vegetable comparison. 😉

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:03 AM

The Wife

Goodnight to you and yours. Sweet dreams.

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:03 AM

Yes that’s exactly as I saw it. Got to win at Next match. Or it will turn toxic. I’m sure when the new players bed in we should be ok.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:05 AM

Mr Tuff. #63.

Ho !

Strange Tony ain’t reappeared ..suppose it was GS to blame.

• IrishRob

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:06 AM

Imagine if our faith in Longstaff doesnt hold up, and this guy turns out to be the real deal instead, wouldn’t surprise me at all. Hes getting better and better by the day.

All the same though I really get the feeling that in time him and Longstaff could be a special pairing. I’ll never forget how Hayden and Seanie took city apart. Their world stars had no answer for them.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:07 AM

NY Mag

Why are you blaming a Pizza company for our defeat on Sunday?

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:08 AM

Carltoon,

We need something against Norwich…..I would take a draw if it was offered to me right now 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:11 AM

NY Mag

Aah I get it, Willems has had a surfeit of them, hence his rotundity and slowness.

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:11 AM

Bill,

It funny you should say that….when I was typing I spelt it with an “e” on the end, and then I thought, that doesn’t look right, it looks like a pizza shop, so I changed it.
    Doh (dough) for me 🙂

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:12 AM

My assimilation is complete 😀

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:17 AM

Nothing wrong with an away draw. Plus their center forward is a great threat did he not get 30 goals last season. He scored the one goal against Liverpool. He’ll have to be watched.

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:17 AM

OG – good to hear the local MP is up to speed about Strawberry Place.

Numbers at SJP will always rise and fall dependant what is being produced on the pitch – it has always been that way. Just the way it is.

Protest Groups have got world wide publicity. Toon Groups need to link Mr Tubbs mismanagement to SD. Recent reports of the club paying below the minimum wage could easily be linked. Lies about Benitez.
    Make him known as not to be trusted/ the bogeyman of the high street.

Lets be honest – apart from Toon fans nobody nationwide gives a toss about the plight of the club.

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:22 AM

Carltoon,

I watched most of the Liverpool game and the lad took his goal really well.
    He’ll need to be watched, for sure

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:24 AM

time for some sleep, I still have a touch of Jetlag from my trip to Sussex!

I expect Tony non appearance tonight is cos he’s getting some rest before another England thrashing from the Aussies.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:24 AM

G’dNight all!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:25 AM

That Pukki is a cracking player, was top drawer for Norwich last season!

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Goodnight bill,

Jet lag is a killer and that time zone difference with Sussex is terrible 😀