web analytics

It’s Up To Leaders Like This To Take The Club Forward

We have to say that even with all of the turmoil surrounding the club, we are thrilled with the attitudes of some of our players. We are also amazed at their resiliency. Tuesday was another day of endurance for the average Newcastle fan.

It started with another storm as Rafa Benitez defended himself against the petulant comments in Sunday’s programme by Lee Charnley. Rather than embodying the club’s mantra of moving forward under Steve Bruce, Lee had to unnecessarily drag the Rafa Benitez situation back into the sunlight. We hope that the back and forth will end now as it makes the task at hand that much more difficult for the head coach and players.

What does do the club a great service is the positivity emanating from our players. We have had a torrent of comments since our narrow loss to Arsenal just two days ago showing a squad that is together and willing to look out for each other.

First in line has been Isaac Hayden. Isaac was our man of the match on Sunday and he is growing into one of the most vocal leaders of this team.

We have found the following comments he made to BBC Newcastle and are really impressed with the sensibility displayed.

While some may question the word “progress” with all that has happened in the past few months. We take Isaac to mean the progress since Steve Bruce has arrived. To be fair to Bruce, it has been remarkable that he and this club have put the outside pressures to the side and tried to get on with it.

The players have moved forward in an effort to build something this fanbase can be proud of. While it may not come to be, their attempt is at least admirable. We just wish that everyone at the club could move forward as well.

• IrishRob

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Carltoon I have him on my fantasy team, he was cheap as dirt. He will score a few this season.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:26 AM

Girding his loins Bill , in Dinnington , Night all .

• NY Mag

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:33 AM

Goodnight OLG,

For what it’s worth, I do actually think tony lives in Chicago…..but maybe that’s just my naive nature 🙂

• GeordieTwo

Aug 14, 2019 at 2:36 AM

Mike Ashley: “I’m guilty of a lot but not that.” Not fudging the books that is. But you are guilty of a lot you say Mikey? Such as what? Possibly you should tell us what you’re guilty of and we can have an open discussion?

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:01 AM

Genjikai, listened to the podcast, god I miss home.

It’s said listening to the fans of 30 years plus literally saying I don’t want to go anymore.

Why can no one in this world purchase our club, because the piece of shite that owns it doesn’t want to sell.

But the guys on the podcast are spot on, financially hurt MA so he has to sell, but they also said it could take a very long time and that’s the thing that kills me, as a fan your stuck on Loyalty to the name Newcastle or loyalty to the boycott. Fcuk me I hate this, I hate that fans can’t really be fans of our great club, as they are torn.

• Nostradamus " Mike Ashley The Clown "

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:02 AM

It’s sad , not it’s said, spell checker I hate you.

• DubaiMicky

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:55 AM

• one fine day

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:06 AM

Proberbly the most honest write up I have seen in months about this mess .
    A must read: #BoycottArsenal – An Autistic Perspective | NUFC The Mag

Puts a lot into perspective to those insisting that this has to be so one side or the other when in fact there is so much grey ,and we all want this to end in the same way .
    Actualy wrote a lot more but scratched it back as it seems on here unless you live within 10 mile of NE1 your opinion is no longer valid .

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:16 AM

The protests and boycotts did their job, brought attention to our displeasure with Ashley’s tenure.

We have support and people looking and talking about it when maybe they wouldn’t before.

There is a large amount of ST holders who’ve given their tickets up off their own backs as they’ve got to the point where enough is enough.

It’s time to go after all of Ashleys businesses draw attention to working conditions, how he operates as a businessman, show people what SD are doing to Rangers etc.

As I’ve said before I dont want to damage the club its reputation or image, Ashley has done enough of that over 12 years.

If you weren’t part of the boycott maybe this is more up your street.

I’ve been going to SD for weeks, sticking Boycott Ashley stickers and literature up. Anything I can to inform people and keep them out of his shops in Newcastle.

Nothing in the grand scheme of things but if we can get a few thousand doing similar things, share holders etc will be asking questions soon enough.

#BoycottAshley #ashleyout

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:18 AM

OFD

I think the ex Pats and overseas fans are hugely important, you all have insight we dont.

We have no idea what people outside Newcastle think or are aware of regarding Nufc and Ashley.

You’re all Geordies as far as I’m concerned, except maybe TB

😉

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:19 AM

has the chronicle finally woke up to what is going on !!!!

long but well worth a read

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:26 AM

Hibbit

Just read that, why would Ashley want to keep his box for his family?

Aren’t they scared to come and police advised them not too?

Like we of yesterday, I think he only wants to sell the shell.

Another Ryder piece, no probing questions or rocking the boat, what did he call the lick of paint, stadium improvement lol. .

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:43 AM

OP
    chonicle still toeing the party line and glossing things over with a touch of selective memory for good measure,

• martoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:44 AM

Morning lads & lasses – I’m still taking Blog Predictions – I’ll probably close this on Friday Evening!

I’m keeping the categories the same as last year – to remind you they are:
    Final League Position
    Final No. of Points
    League Cup Round (2:Entry, 7:Final)
    FA Cup Round (3:Entry, 8:Final)
    Player of the Season (Blog)
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup)
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer

When doing your prediction could you please put martoon in the post – then I can find it easily.

So far I have predictions from:
    martoon
    willowdalerez
    bill
    JohnJ
    cockneymafiaout
    thereallowickmag
    Bruce

Apologies if I’ve missed you – just repost with my name in!

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:32 AM

Online Guy.
    This is the fella that called all our supporters morons.
    His comments speak for themselves.
    A list of Ashley supporters ?
    I won’t say it. If you have read this blog you know exactly what OLG is.

The worrying bit for me is that Genjikai befriends him and tries to recruit him into TMG.
    Come along to one of our meetings etc.
    Well, go to one of their not well attended meetings.
    When you get there you’ll be sitting with a load of OLGs.
    Say anything they don’t like and your name will go on the list.
    Even if they don’t know your name.

Don’t tell him Pike !

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:34 AM

Nostradamus
    Yeah its heart breaking listening to it i would advise anyone who has a spare 30 mins listen to it.
    Its the podcast one fine day way talking about the other day.
    OFD
    Ofcourse you can help you know you can. You know your views are taken in as well even though your literally on the other side of the world.
    You just need a pilgrimage back to the north east.
    Your more than welcome to put up camp at mine mate.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:34 AM

Thanks for keeping a record of this Martoon.

My predictions

Final League Position : 17
    Final No. of Points : 36
    League Cup Round (2:Entry, 7:Final) : 2
    FA Cup Round (3:Entry, 8:Final) : 5
    Player of the Season (Blog) : Hayden
    Top Goal Scorer (League & Cup) : Joelinton
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer : 12

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:39 AM

• DubaiMicky

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:39 AM

#BoycottAshley ( OP), maybe “Keeping a family box” is a euphemism for keeping all my Sports Direct (his family) dealings in place.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:41 AM

Posada

You are coming across as quite bitter and twisted now. I am surprised by that as you always seemed like a good poster.

You were invited to attend a meeting where TMG were present to see what it’s all about : You declined
    You were invited to email TMG to have your questions answered : You declined

Yet you come on here trying to smear their efforts, speaking as if you know something of them even though you have refused to educate yourself on the matter.

That is very narrow minded and disappointing.

I would advise you to educate yourself on the matter first so that at least you can post from a position ofg knowledge.

• Reilly

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:58 AM

OLG apologized,what more do you want.ffs.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM

BenbulbenMag
    Posada
    You are coming across as quite bitter and twisted now.
    very narrow minded and disappointing

TMG have endeavoured to get as much publicity as possible
    They cannot complain if some folk see their motives and reasoning
    as questionable.

If you put yourself in the public domain you have to expect cynicism
    and opprobrium from some.

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM

What’s bitter and twisted about facts.

Facts like this :-

1) OLG called all our supporters morons.
    2) He’s putting together a list of Ashley supporters.
    3) Someone on here tries to recruit him into TMG.
    4) Their last meeting was not well attended. 30 people.
    5) I went to one of their meetings. Half the people there were like OLG or worse.
    6) Any questions they did not like were not well received.

Who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler if you …………………………………………..

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM

Reilly
    A bj ?

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:59 AM

On Line Guy: I have never actually been to Dinnington. I have driven through it on the way to the airport. Me Mam still lives in Newcastle.

I am guessing that you question where I live to say that if I lie about that then I obviously lie about everything else? Believe whatever you want and I am glad to be a charter member on your list.

I will be at AJ Hudsons at 3701 North Ashland Avenue on Saturday and might take a picture with the Toon Army Chicago banner just for you.

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:00 AM

Nice one Jibbster.

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM

Jib @104

i suspect jib as always is trying to stir the shit, which appears to be his sole aim in life,

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:07 AM

EGB: I went to bed early to get up at 4am and woke up even earlier. We are Donald Ducked if we can’t find a way to get Steve Smith out. I hope the groundsmen have prepared a docile and non-spinning pitch though. Bob Willis predicted a series win for Aus.

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:07 AM

Tony
    Forget it mate.
    You should know what he is. As I said I’m not going to say it.
    Some of his comments on here the last two days have been dreadful.
    Calling all our supporters what he did was one thing.
    Naming folks and outing them for this and that went beyond that.

Then someone tries to recruit him. For TMG.

To those that are not from the region I think it is important to let them know what is going on.

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:07 AM

posada

jib wasn’t backing you with that comment merely trying cause a bigger rift in the proceedings !!!!

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:08 AM

Benbulben

Not sure if Posada is around but if I was in Newcastle still and was going to matches not sure that I would want to put myself through going to a TMG meeting and face what??? Read some of the bile on here towards matchgoers…. and I generally support aim of TMG.

As to emailing them I think he gave a reasonable response – I certainly don’t like having to give it out to all and sundry but do when there is no alternative – I have only the one like many of my age.

There is room for all genuine opinion on here and I believe Posada is that – there are a lot worse posters on here some of them being given cuddles simply because they are now barking elsewhere

Eventually I might find myself able to discuss football but as things go probably not on here

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:08 AM

hibbit
    You demonstrate perfectly the huge flaw in TMG
    (and probably why other anti – Ashley are so much
    more successful)

I make a reasonable observation
    and you characterise it as shit-stirring

The TMG’s lack of clear thinkers , is there for all to see.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:09 AM

On Posada is around .. excuse my twopennyworth

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:13 AM

Reilly: I am actually in that photo. So is Adam, who organizes the group. The banner has the 4 stars on it. That is the Illinois State Flag.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:14 AM

As I said yesterday
    The SD AGM is a glorious opportunity
    I hope the London Mags (I’m sure they are)
    are all over it.

Go national – a march in Newcastle is SO parochial

As Bomber Harris said “You take the fight to Berlin-to
    the black heart of the enemy”

• Reilly

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:16 AM

Ashley Armstrong
    @AArmstrong_says
    · 1h
    Excellent…so a day after Sports Direct issues its annual report claiming that Grant Thornton has agreed to stay on it then has to issue a statement saying the auditor has actually handed in its notice & will resign after AGM. What an absolute shambles of media relations

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:16 AM

Posada

So your “facts” in relation to your continuous attempts to smear a group who are very pro Boycotting consist of :

6) Any questions they did not like were not well received.

These are facts/reasons not to listen to TMG based on your subjective interpretation.

Based on my subjective interpretation they are not facts/reasons to listen to TMG, I’d like to know more before making a sweeping dismissal of their value and aims based on your subjective facts/reasons.

One could be forgiven for assuming that you have an agenda to disrupt any attempts at a boycott ?

If you have a preference to not boycott that’s fine and your prerogative.

If others want to boycott and promote their reasons for it that’s also fine and also their prerogative.