web analytics

It’s Up To Leaders Like This To Take The Club Forward

We have to say that even with all of the turmoil surrounding the club, we are thrilled with the attitudes of some of our players. We are also amazed at their resiliency. Tuesday was another day of endurance for the average Newcastle fan.

It started with another storm as Rafa Benitez defended himself against the petulant comments in Sunday’s programme by Lee Charnley. Rather than embodying the club’s mantra of moving forward under Steve Bruce, Lee had to unnecessarily drag the Rafa Benitez situation back into the sunlight. We hope that the back and forth will end now as it makes the task at hand that much more difficult for the head coach and players.

What does do the club a great service is the positivity emanating from our players. We have had a torrent of comments since our narrow loss to Arsenal just two days ago showing a squad that is together and willing to look out for each other.

First in line has been Isaac Hayden. Isaac was our man of the match on Sunday and he is growing into one of the most vocal leaders of this team.

We have found the following comments he made to BBC Newcastle and are really impressed with the sensibility displayed.

While some may question the word “progress” with all that has happened in the past few months. We take Isaac to mean the progress since Steve Bruce has arrived. To be fair to Bruce, it has been remarkable that he and this club have put the outside pressures to the side and tried to get on with it.

The players have moved forward in an effort to build something this fanbase can be proud of. While it may not come to be, their attempt is at least admirable. We just wish that everyone at the club could move forward as well.

• lochinvar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:17 AM

Sports Direct’s share price have dropped 4.2% to 227.8p after it announced Grant Thornton is quitting as its auditor.
    Sports Direct had said in its annual report that it was holding a tender for its audit work.

Perhaps Grant Thornton who will have time on their hands could be the ones to take up the offer to look over the NUFC accounts

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:17 AM

hibbit

You made a very difficult decision in discussion with your family members (and those are the people who matter most to you) and that is all that I would ask of any matchgoers. Before you (or your brother) made that decision would you have entertained the idea of going into a TMG meeting? I know there are reasons why you have declined to participate but leaving those aside if intending to go this season would you honestly have gone to meetings as well?

Vociferous boycotters do nothing whether just on here do nothing to encourage matchgoers to consider giving up.

If I hadn’t last season and was considering what to do this season instead I might have just been tipped into giving it another year just because I am not a sheep !

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:19 AM

magscar

the bile on here as you put seems to be coming from none TMG members,
    not been to a meeting myself but my brother has and he recons there very civilised affairs,
    not sure how anyone can make a decision on the reception they would receive without actual attending at least one meeting them self’s

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:20 AM

Hibbitt

When I said nice one Jibbster it was a reference to his link.
    The picture of Capt Mainwaring and the German Officer.

We have both blogged on here for years.
    Tell me what’s not factual about what I said.
    You should know what OLG is. They try to recruit him into TMG.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:21 AM

Magscar, it’s always good to get your view on things. You’re a reasoned and balanced Poster.

Sadly it’s quite obvious that there is an element on here whose sole aim is to disrupt things (I tend to ignore them)

I do try to reason and debate with the genuine fans though.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:22 AM

I’m guessing it’s the only one with a Wonga top
    😛

• Zero

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:23 AM

“Considering the manager’s only been in a few weeks… hopefully, the fans and everyone can see the progress that we’ve made.”

Progess?…. Since the SB joined or carrying on from when RB was here… If its from when SB joined it implies than he took them backwards initially. Great management indeed.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Jib: you see the woman with the blond hair in the middle. That’s me.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:25 AM

Whoops there are two
    (me reading glasses were steamed up
    from the morning cuppa)

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:28 AM

Did everybody read the Carragher and Neville interview in The Chronicle? Carra usually makes sense when he is not spitting and if you can stand that voice.

• posada

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:29 AM

BenbulbenMag

Clearly you are one of TMG.
    Someone has a go and you kick back. Fine.

It’s simple. I don’t like them. I know them well enough to make that judgement.
    I don’t like their attitude, I don’t like their rhetoric. I don’t like their set up.
    I don’t like boycotts.
    I don’t like what it does to fellow supporters.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:30 AM

I do like the top the guy in the cap is wearing
    1984 retro away top

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM

hibbit

…because there are members of TMG on here who I feel are genuine but do not put the message as they could about going to matches is ok.

The 3 known members on Blog are regular and vociferous contributors on here and often shoot down views not the same or as strident as their own so I could be forgiven for thinking that anyone who has received their (f)ire (as I have from all 3 from time to time) might not feel it would be welcoming .

If TMG want to reach out to matchgoers not willing to boycott they really do need to bear in mind how their comments and actions orchestrated or not come across on public forums.

OLG as is his way hammers matchgoers and Genjikai response is to try to recruit him presumably for his repeated Chi phone calls?

Toon22 is fond of saying that he posts for those who read the Blog well perhaps the messages that emerge in here from members of TMG should carry a disclaimer that it isn’t the view of group .

Why should they you might ask – easy because they were happy to tell us all that they are members and broadcast information and yes propaganda on here – no one made them

• Zero

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Tony,

So your names not Tony *mind shattering*. Also im sure you will agree that there are some fantastic Korean BBQ places just outside of Chicago… Where abouts are you based?

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM

Posada
    Again with the assumptions.
    I personally want to get in contact with online guy as he seems to be on a one man mission to bring ashley down. If he is actually doing what he is saying and talking to mps of newcastle then yes i have an interest as i too am on my own quest to bring ashley down and i am on the same trail.
    So no doubt our paths will cross.
    Again posada youve had all the info you need, ive gave you all the info you need to find out.
    Its you with the problem not me.
    I know he probably wont email my personal email so asked him to get in contact with the magpie group as it is legit way to contact them and can be verified on different sources this would have gave me the opportunity to talk.
    Day 3 of a smear campaign from Posada on TMG clear for all too see.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM

What Nev and Carra were saying is that we know we will not win the league so we should be wanting excitement and to be entertained. I would add that sometimes you have to be pragmatic but a heroic defeat is also OK on occasion. Like against Liverpool where that was one of the most enjoyable matches of the season. When Rafa took the cuffs off we played better and won. I also saw some nice words of encouragement from Rafa.

#noboycott

it will lead to relegation.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:42 AM

zero. Lincoln Square. There is a Korean area in the city not too far from here so I wouldn’t need to go to the suburbs. There is also a Korean BBQ joint on Lincoln Ave about a mile away. I used to live around the corner from it and you could smell the smoked meats from like 100 yards away and there was always a few Koreans outside having a tab.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Korean is not really that popular. I have 5 Thai and 2 sushi restaurants within a 5 minute walk. That seems to be what people want here.

• Nicky the ball tosser