web analytics

Local Lad Makes Return From Injury In Carabao Cup

Liam Gibson made his competitive debut for Grimsby Town today in their first round match of the Carabao Cup. The Mariners were able to see off Doncaster 1-0 at Blundell Park.

Liam made it to the 65th minute in his return from a pre-season injury suffered on July 23rd.

We are really pulling for young Liam as he is a local lad. He has had a very tough time over the past few seasons due to a couple of illnesses. At 22-years-old he is behind in his development but the club has thought enough of his potential to recently extend his contract.

He is on loan at Grimsby Town until January and hopefully he will now be able to get a long run in the team.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM

Not seen him play enough, but good luck to the kid.

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:49 PM

First?

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:51 PM

Dang crappy Spanish mobile network.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:52 PM

Wake up Rob! On a serious note, sorry about that. Didnt mean to steal your thunder.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:54 PM

I was thinking about the thread not the pointless ‘thirst’ silliness to be fair.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:55 PM

Ashley supporters

I don’t know what you are doing here so what I want to do is have you all ostracized..sent to Coventry if you will so I’m asking for help here in creating a list of Ashley apologists and supporters and long term suspected PR men and shills . I will make the list and reproduce it here often .

They can then hopefully one day form a little club and talk amongst themselves …

List.

Names please .

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:56 PM

Ofd as promised , Lesh thanks for the link to Willie, no jokes please we are British .

Baloony you will love this . Also for HWA and other Ashley fans.

On a positive note in my personal crusade to see Ashley off I spoke to Chi’s sec today .

It’s all in hand and she is fully up to speed on the land deal at Strawberry place, not forgetting the paper trail. I asked that they could prioritise who would benefit most from the proposed land deal and possible construction.. Mentioned all the factors against it.

Reminded the sec of significant date upcoming. .. Well versed .

It’s all in hand.

Now let’s see the Ashley squad pop out from under their stones with facitious comments ..Next ?

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:58 PM

Online Guy, you’re drunk. Go to bed mate.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:59 PM

BLOODY BIG POINTLESS ECHO ROUND HERE TONIGHT INNNIT?

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 10:59 PM

Online Gut,

Stick me on your daft list.

I’ll be really really bothered.

Honestly I will.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:00 PM

Re post OLG thank you for the apologies!! Still going to smack you one if we ever meet.

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:03 PM

G your card is marked

😉

Not seen many comments on Rafa and his statement this morning.

Two choices:
    – Believe the finest manager we’ve had since sir Bob
    – believe the regime proven in a court of law to not only be liars but also to mislead the NUFC fans.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:05 PM

Tony Baloney

Hail wor Ashley

I have you both placed in the Ashley supporters group ..you won’t have a bad word said about him and openly support him in your quest to upset others on this blog. .

If you admit that your only here to cause trouble and agitate , come clean, and behave from this point on, I will give consideration to remove your names from the Ashley Lovers group .

You must conform in future though .

Tony .. We have your full name and know you live in Dinnington Tyne and Wear.

Chicago my ass.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:06 PM

How daft can anyone like OLG be who actually thinks that being named on a list of anonymous posters can have any possible effect on the real person behind the avatar?

That is delusion taken to the extreme.

As I said earlier, I hope I’m on it.

I’d think it rude of OLG not to include me.

🙂

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:06 PM

Online guy I’ve got two names of long time suspected Ashley supporters.

Online Guy.
    RobLeenio.

😉

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Rob @ 12. Completely agree. Reckon me card is marked.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:09 PM

Hahahaaaaaaa,

Now OLG is offering to remove posters from his imaginary Ashley lovers list if they recant and apologise for their sins.

How very gracious.!!

Too much whisky or happy baccy me thinks.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:10 PM

Bills son

No I won’t stick you on the list as If seen some evidence that you might be changing your tune.

You have realised that Ashley is hurting people by taking their hard earned money and making it a misery to witness a club in decline season on season. Austerity football , running on fumes ..one excuse after another and a PR war on the fans .

No ambition , no cups , no chance other than hopeful survival in the prem ..thats not a football club ..is it ?

C’mon Billy.

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:11 PM

My point is, Online Guy, and it’s meant in respect and with goodwill, as I know you’ll take it, that starting a witch hunt is misleading and divisive.

We’re all fans with diverse opinions. I’ll tell folk when I think they’re wrong, even if some call me a clown for doing so.

Still, we’re entitled to an opinion.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:11 PM

Rob don’t think anyone believed the lies Charnley spouted in the program. I pleased Rafa responded.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:12 PM

Bill

You missed out Golden Virginia.

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:13 PM

Olg
    Id love a chat with you.
    Would you be good enough to email me?
    If not contact the magpie group?
    Come on olg you know we are buds now.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:13 PM

The Witch Finder General returns…

As the OLG Ashley Finder General…

Quake in your shoes…

Ye shall hang.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Bill

I know you want to be on the list and I can see that comments effect you anonymous or not on here

So anonymous names or not it tickles your ego , or bruises your ego .

I will put you on the list of Ashley Lovers if you insist ?

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Be careful bill olg will be making you walk the toon naked game of thrones style shouting ashley out at you. You better conform shame, ashleyout, shame, A
    Ashleyout…

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:15 PM

OLG,

Just seen your last post.

No prob, but I think you need to give the witch hunt a miss.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:15 PM

Boycott’s will inevitably damage the side, and damage the club. Whether it’s worth it in the long run only time will tell. But let’s not kid ourselves that we’re hitting Ashley in his pocket. It only hurts Ashley if he is ultimately forced to sell for less than his own valuation of the club, which he has shown no inclination to do. In the meantime, if the boycott gathers momentum, which will very likely happen if we don’t pick up points in our next few fixtures, the club can only get smaller, and the side less competitive. Rotten time to be a fan.

• G

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:16 PM

I pine for the days when the blog was full of different posters with different opinions. These days its just 5 wankers repeating the same crap with the odd interruption from one of us that would like to talk football. To the 5: WE HEARD YOU, LOUD AND CLEAR THE FIRST F@CKING MILLION TIMES. WE’RE NOT STUPID, WE’RE JUST BORED. NOW OFF YOU F@CK.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:16 PM

It’s not up to anyone to tell fans their wrong. You don’t know their reasons for going or for not boycotting. Honestly you would think people didn’t have a choice. It’s a blog. The real world isn’t on here.

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:18 PM

Bill ,

What I’m trying to say is I can only accept genuine Ashley Lovers ..if you purport to be one You will leave me little choice ..whats it to be then Bill ?

On the list or off the list ?

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:19 PM

It’s just a bit of fun Bill .

I will produce a list and you can tell me when you had a rethink and changed your ways.

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:19 PM

To be honest, I’d be much much happier if a mass march from the Quayside to the match was organized every home game, and everyone then went in, took their seats and sang their hearts out for the lads and against the owner.

• The Wife

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Did someone say “witch hunt”? Here I am! Haha! 😉

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:19 PM

Bill’s son, seeing as it’s the first time we’ve both been on at the same time for ages.

From a few days ago, my point was you’re a passionate supporter of the team but apathetic towards the ownership.

I hope one day you (and others like you, you’re very far from being unique) will pour some of your undoubted and very valued passion into helping those who want to see our club aim for the heights it can achieve.

I never have and never will disrespect your opinion.

I hope also that one day you’ll recognise that we’re all on the same side.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Well don’t put me on your list.

• Lindisfarne

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:21 PM

Gold star arm bands all round?

• Online Guy

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:22 PM

Rob# 15

If long suspected you..too good to be true ..Ashley Lover !

• Nicky the ball tosser

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:22 PM

……..and stayed after the final whistle, and sang out exclusively against the owner.

• carltoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:23 PM

We witches should stick together.

• RobLeenio

Aug 13, 2019 at 11:24 PM

Cartoon, how you doing? I’m pleased you went to the game, I think there were probably too many prawn sandwiches being gobbled in the platinum club, it needed you to make it real in there and give the lads a good cheer.

How did you think the match went? I know you’ve been going for decades, was it as bad as Charlie in the Gallowgate made it sound?