web analytics

New Signing Reveals How He Is Adapting To Life At Newcastle

The Sun’s David Coverdale has done an interview with our new number 9 and record signing Joelinton.

The Brazilian forward will turn just twenty-three years of age tomorrow and already has the weighted expectations of being this club’s record signing on his shoulders.

He is still coming to grips with the language barrier. He also has revealed that his girlfriend and young daughter have yet to accompany him in Newcastle.

This is what Joelinton said in the Sun about learning the language and his hopes of soon bringing his girlfriend and daughter to Newcastle:

“I need to learn English to improve my communication with other players.

“I think it is really important to speak the language so you can express yourself better. I like to chat to everybody and listen to those around me.

“We’re looking at ways for them to come and join me here as it’s very important for me. I really miss them.

“It’s good to come on your own at first in order to find an apartment and focus on the club and get to know your team-mates.

“I’m a very relaxed guy and wherever I’ve been before, I have always looked to make friends quickly.

“But once I am more settled in the city, my family being here will help me a lot.”

We sometimes forget of the upheaval that new signings undergo when they uproot and move to a new club. Joelinton’s situation is no different as he has come to a new country while not knowing the language and being separated from his family.

Joelinton– showed promise on Sunday

Joelinton also spoke of the pressure of being this club’s new number 9 and record signing:

“Due to the price and being the club’s record buy, I knew there would be some pressure.

“But I hope to have a great season and score lots of goals. Maybe if I score many goals, there won’t be so many questions about the No9 shirt.

“It has such importance as it has been worn by so many legends.

“It’s normal for people to talk about it and make comparisons, adding to the pressure, but I’m relaxed about it.

“I’m not here to take over from anybody. I just hope to contribute to the club, its history and bring joy to the fans.”

We saw glimpses of what Joelinton will bring to the attack on Sunday. However, it will be goals that he is judged on. Steve Bruce will have to find out the best way to get Joelinton firing on all cylinders.

The club have gambled that they can get goals from Joelinton this season. In his career, he has averaged about 1 goal every 4 games. He will have to improve on that strike rate if Newcastle are going to have a chance this season.

However, he was often played in a deeper role at prior clubs so he will have to adapt to now leading the line. It will take some time but he has the ability and physicality to make that the adjustment.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM

Posada

You dont want emails off Ranters and ravers but it’s ok for you to rant and rave at folk on the blog?

I’m not playing your childish game, you’ve had your answers several times yet continue to throw mud.

If you and the other 45000 at SJP had supported the team as strongly as you nd others implied they would maybe your day out wouldn’t have been spoiled.

Should have come stood in the rain with us, we had a right laugh and a good sing song, surprised you didn’t hear us.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM

magscar,

Brilliant post and very well thought out.

I think you’ve summed up how the vast majority of fans fee.

In a nutshell, for me it will always be supporting the players and team first and hoping Ashley goes second.

Reversing that priority will do damage to the level of support, morale of the team and ultimately affect performances and results.

It’s as simple as that in my eyes.

• tartangeordie

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:08 PM

A mistake cost us the goal. Lascelles ball watching instead of being aware of what was going on behind him after giving the ball away from a poor pass. Our midfield looked naive and couldn’t live with the movement and constant recycling by Guendozi. Hayden was combative however we are expecting a lot from Longstaff to provide the creativity and movement required to create space. I would drop Almiron into midfield and give him the David Silva type role. At the top of a midfield diamond. Especially at home. I think Joelinton did ok without much service. All in all I think we will be ok, Saint max looks like he’s going to be a live wire. Set up for the counter attack away and I think we will surprise a few teams.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:11 PM

Bill
    Cheers mate. I was beginning to think that no one who actually goes to the match contributes anything on here anymore. Since had a few supportive comments.
    The ranters and ravers get hearts galore.

A few posts back I said. Little experiment. Heart this if you went to the match and don’t appreciate being called a moron.

Only 2 hearts. Now most folk I know would object to being called that.
    Hence, I honestly believe we are now in two camps. Divided.
    Those that still go and those that don’t. That’s what boycotts do.

I suspect that most folks who still go don’t read this blog anymore.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:14 PM

Bilson

You reap what you sow, I’ll call you as much as you call me, you came on every day for a month calling me, difference is I dont play the victim card.

Congratulations on your fabulous support of Nufc, we could all hear your songs.

Another with a big mouth on here but no actions to back it up, bet you stayed at home cos it raining.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:16 PM

Posada

Go back to yesterday’s posts, around 2 I think, I answered your questions.

You either ignored them or missed them, you’ve been answered several times.

Either respond to the answers given or keep talking to yourself,,choice is yours.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:17 PM

Boycott
    I’ve had a lot to say on here the last two days. Far more than I would normally.
    It’s what happens when folks like OLG make remarks like that.
    That is ranting and raving.

It’s what happens when things get divisive.
    I don’t like you and I don’t like TMG.
    I’ve seen and heard enough of you both to come to that conclusion.

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:19 PM

Hibbett you ignored me yesterday. Who the f**k do you think you are, picking some random photo of some seriously ugly twat from a crowd of 47.5k and stating it was me and that was my seat? Wrong on both accounts. Wildly wrong.
    Please, explain, by what right do you make such a ludicrous accusation? You’ve never met me. You have no idea what I look like, not a clue. Let me tell you, nothing like that. I’ve got hair for one thing ffs.
    This blog has gone from the best to the worst NUFC blog in a very short time. Hope you’re all very proud.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:20 PM

The real cause of the goal, after Willems mistake, was Schar being far too far up the field and leaving Lacelles in acres of space.

If we are playing three at the back Schar cannot go on those mazy runs or join most attacks or we’ll get punished time and again.

If he does one of the mids, preferably Hayden, has to drop back as cover.

As good a footballer as Schar is I’m not convinced about him defensively and I actually think he would make a far better mid than a defender.

My back three would be Dummett, Lascelles and Fernandez with Lejeuene in contention when he is fit.

• Ron Knee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:21 PM

“But, they are just that a self appointed pressure group.”

How would you “appoint” them?

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Nowt wrong with bald people BTW, I just ain’t bald? No offence meant

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Bill’s

Your posts are typical of Ashley and Bishop, lies and half truths.

You’re a vulgar person who even stooped as low as to throw insults at Ed and Neil because you couldn’t get your own way.

Rewrite history as much as you wish but all your bile and poison is on record here for anyone to look at.

The team really appreciated your efforts Sunday, keep up the good work

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM

posada

we want Ashley to engage with the supporters.
    What happened to every last penny. Does it still apply etc. If Ashey said the Pope was a catholic I would have to check.
    Are you serious?

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:22 PM

Gan on Bobby lad.

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM

I’ll try again, this time without gloves

Charlie in the Gallowgate

Yup, supporting NUFC is akin to supporting Brexit.

Those supporting the Club either fully support Ashley and his use of the club as an ambitionless SD-like retail outlet buying and selling players or cling on to hope that he may see the light.

Neither of those scenaria have any firm foundation and are much akin to falling for the lies and promises made by whichever campaign.

I liken Ashley’s continued ownership of the club to leaving the EU, a future where things get steadily worse over time. The pro Brexit Trump-puppet so called Prime Minister’s advisers have stopped pedalling the Brexit lies and taking the public’s attention away from it by pedalling different lies.

Does that sound like NUFC supporters who are so blindly loyal that they’re prepared to stay on the deck of the SS NUFC as it sinks, Titanic-like into the depths of the ocean – the dance band playing on, Abide with Me’

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:23 PM

Bobby

Glad your back mate, hope all is well.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:24 PM

Anglo
    Read the post man. I said he would probably not respond.
    Then you make the most of that.

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:25 PM

OP I’m not back mate. This place is mental. I just want to know wtf Hibbett thinks he’s playing at trying to dox me, by accusing me of being an ugly twat!

• GEORDIE69

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:26 PM

Steve Bruce – Listen to your Uncle Chris —– I can help you get the best out of our poor squad —- Currently your tactics are not working!

Simple 4-3-3 Like Liverpool

1st X1 When 100 percent Fit (Simple just pick a player from my 2nd X1 if not available)

GK – Dubravka

DM – M Longstaff
    CM – Scott
    CM – Ki
    LF – Ritchie/Muto
    CF – Carroll
    RF – Gayle/Atsu

Ask Ed for my Email address if you would like me to help you further…..

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:27 PM

Boycott
    You’ve answered nothing, not a thing.
    All you did was refer me to an e mail address.

You craik on that you know so much. Then you shut up shop when someone asks you a simple question.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:29 PM

OP,

You’ve got a very short and very selective memory.

I made a post with a number of comments and you said you disagreed with ‘most of them’.

The only one you could actually justify was about Ashley stating publicly (you claimed) that nobody could look at the books without providing proof of funds.

I said, OK I’ll accept that, tell me what else you disagree with.

DEAFENING SILENCE so I asked you again and again – what else don’t you agree with. Fair question IMHO from someone who blows off as much as you do.

And what did I get?

Bile, name calling, ranting and raving AND NO ANSWER TO THE QUESTION.

You are just another blowhard who caves in and resorts to bile at the first sign of being cornered.

And you know it.

Have a nice day.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Posada

You like the Nust, enough said

If they were anything like you suggest I’d agree.

You’d actually be better off questioning their motives and actions but that wont suit your agenda.

Youre ill informed and opinionated, your in good company with Bill’s etc.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Player of the Season Longstaff
    Top Goal Scorer Schaer
    No. of Goals for Top Goal Scorer 8

• lesh

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:32 PM

Posada

Your little experiment had a major flaw in it.

You asked that posters Heart this [that post] if you went to the match and don’t appreciate being called a moron. Fine, it got two hearts.

However, it could be that many posters went to the match and have since recognised they’d played into Ashley’s hands and have been taken for mugs.

• Jib

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM

As soon as I spotted Shelvey had knacked hissel
    (when will he learn to tackle properly ?)
    I thought bring on Federico and shuffle Schar forward

I’m surprised a clearly unfit Jetro was even on the bench

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:33 PM

Bobbybee
    Think you’re over egg on it mate the mental few are actually on here now it’s just a few my friend hang around a little while you might like it a little more once it settles.

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:35 PM

Anglo, I’m waiting for an answer. I can’t be doing with all this crap.

• Belfast

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:35 PM

I definitely remember Tsunki (the Peterlee strangler) saying Bobby had dreadlocks when he was stalking him that time. Rough crowd on here Bobby.

• Genjikai

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:37 PM

Posada actually it was me who referred you to
    contact@magpiegroup.org
    Not op.
    Do you even read peoples posts.
    Op did mention a number you must of missed it.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Bobby

I’ve skipped a lot of the blog in last week or so, been really busy work life etc.

I didn’t see any pic but heard about it, missed quite a lot, on purpose.

I knew it would be nuts on here.

What ever you did Sunday I fully understand and respect your decision, which ever way you went I hope your day wasnt spoiled.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:38 PM

Bobbybee It’s turbulent times we need steady hands think your one that could help.

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:41 PM

#Boycott
    So now you are putting down the NUST.
    How many members do TMG have. You who supposedly knows so much can’t tell me.

I’ll tell you how many members the trust have. 8,000 probably going on 9,000.
    Suppose you want to put those folks down as well and you call me opinionated.

You are loosing it. Showing your true colours. Rant and Rave on.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM

OP = Pessimistic Blowhard.

Sums him up perfectly.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM

Posada

@46

• martoon

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:43 PM

I try not to get dragged into these boycott / not to boycott arguments because everybody is entitled to their point of view and I respect both sides of the argument. However one thing I think that Sunday showed is there is a big gulf between fans who go to games and vocal fans who post on Social Media and Blogs like this!

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Bill’s

Everyone’s got your number

One one hate one one hate

• posada

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM

Genjikai
    oh he mentioned a number did he.
    That changes everything. Not.
    He can have a go at the NUST.
    Can’t explain his own TMG.

• Bobbybee

Aug 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM

OP cheers mate. Nice to hear some sanity. That wasn’t me. It COULDN’T have been me. Not possible. I wasn’t there. So wtf is Hibbett, who like me hadn’t considered a boycott until recently, suddenly claiming some neanderthal is me? When did he become ‘witchfinder general’?