web analytics

Lee Charnley Issues Statement On “Fabricated” Bruce Report

We have been distressed over the recent comments made by Newcastle managing director Lee Charnley. Lee illogically thought it would be wise to go after Rafa Benitez seemingly out of the blue in some of his notes for this past Sunday’s match.

While there were issues with some of the other topics he decided to touch upon, it was the personal smears of Newcastle’s ex-manager that troubled us the most.

This club has had a Jekyll and Hyde summer in the communications department. Fans had implored the club to give some indication of the situation in regards to a takeover and the status of beloved manager Rafa Benitez.

Even Newcastle legend Alan Shearer devoted one of his Sunday pieces in the Sun to the radio silence coming from his hometown club. It was the day after Alan wrote his article that Newcastle released a quick statement of Rafa’s departure.

Then the club returned to the cold, clinical silence as the fanbase mourned. The search for a new head coach was similarly cloaked in uncertainty as was the dwindling hope that any takeover would happen.

Steve Bruce would belatedly be appointed manager and have to sell his appointment to the press and the fans. The club, for the most part, remained silent even with a brewing compensation scandal with Sheffield Wednesday, who Bruce had left to join Newcastle.

Steve Bruce

We remember Alan Pardew’s appointment being met with similar disgust from the fanbase. He had been hired when popular coach Chris Hughton had unceremoniously gotten the sack in 2010.

Alan seemed a lonely figure as he attempted to justify the situation surrounding his hiring. He found little help from the powers that be at Newcastle.

Steve Bruce has handled the current circumstances very well. Though he may be hoping that the club go back to their policy of silence as Mike Ashley and Lee Charnley have done little to help him when they do decide to communicate.

The Chronicle have published an interview where Lee Charnley has dispelled some of the controversy surrounding Steve Bruce’s appointment.

This is how Lee has responded to the notion that Steve Bruce was very low on the list of contenders for the head coach position:

“Nonsense. Absolute garbage.

“That (11th choice) was a complete fabrication.

“It is disrespectful to Steve and it was done to try to create negativity around him.

“It is completely false.”

“The reality is we went through a comprehensive and extensive process.

“Steve was always somebody who was in our thinking.

“But you have to explore every option.”

“Steve is a really nice guy and genuinely cares about the city and the football club.

“He is somebody we can have a really good relationship with and we can work with.

“He is also an excellent man-manager.”

These comments are what should have been written on Sunday instead of the garbage about Rafa Benitez. This would have been more in line with the club’s assertion that it is trying to move forward.

The fact that Steve Bruce was employed at Sheffield Wednesday most likely had him further down the list than other candidates. How far down doesn’t really matter, but Lee Charnley should have responded to this a lot sooner than now.

We welcome Lee Charnley to be more open with the fans. However, we hope he shows more wisdom in how he chooses to do that. Supporting his head coach is at least a decent start.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:32 AM

First?

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:33 AM

Gently pats self on back avoiding the sunburn

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Posada
    Again with the assumptions.
    I personally want to get in contact with online guy as he seems to be on a one man mission to bring ashley down. If he is actually doing what he is saying and talking to mps of newcastle then yes i have an interest as i too am on my own quest to bring ashley down and i am on the same trail.
    So no doubt our paths will cross.
    Again posada youve had all the info you need, ive gave you all the info you need to find out.
    Its you with the problem not me.
    I know he probably wont email my personal email so asked him to get in contact with the magpie group as it is legit way to contact them and can be verified on different sources this would have gave me the opportunity to talk.
    Day 3 of a smear campaign from Posada on TMG clear for all too see.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Hail rob.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:34 AM

Better from the managing director, should follow it up with an apology for twelve years of neglect and a promise to do things better going forward

We wouldn’t believe him, but it would be a start.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM

You achieved the unachievable, proud of you rob.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:35 AM

Rob
    What pats do you recommend for sunburn ?

Cow or Sheep ?

• Shadow_Shearer

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:37 AM

Lee charnley talking out his backside again, right after getting his head out of the fat man’s ass

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:38 AM

An extensive search by charnley…. oh mighty universe please
    “Charnley weve known we are bumping rafa off the first day he signed his 3 year deal, youve had 3 years to search high and low to find suitable replacement. Who you got is”
    “Steve bruce”

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Rain affecting the start of the 2nd Ashes test at Lords

• Zero

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM

We had to Explore every option… then we ended up with Bruce! So yes Yes he was low on your list.

The fact they offered Big Sam the job before him is telling enough.

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:39 AM

Genjikai, hola muchacho, I’ve been very impressed with what you’ve been up to.

I think online guy may have reasons of his own for staying incognito. Always thought he may be some kind of local celebrity.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Genji
    Is criticism of Steve Bruce official TMG policy ?

• RobLeenio

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:40 AM

Jib, I’ve been using my own – have I been doing it wrong?

• Mag52

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:41 AM

Whoever is in charge of PR at NUFC needs to get his marching orders.
    Pardew and now Bruce put into impossible positions, as Neil says, as a result of the cack handed way their appointments were explained, or not explained, to the supporters.
    P!ss up in a brewery is putting it mildly.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM

Uuuggghhh!!!!
    🙁

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:43 AM

So Posada is now claiming hes been to a TMG meeting.

He didn’t mention this yesterday, only since his been ridiculed for not looking into TMG more

I dont believe him in the slightest.

Looks like someone texting to shore up their leaky argument.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:44 AM

hibbit

Posted on last thread whilst bus moved and can’t be bothered trying to cut and paste as didn’t want to join in the politics yet again 🙁

Genjekai

I know you mean well and are on a drive to bring down Ashley but painting other posters as simply conducting a smear campaign against TMG by asking questions is everything it.

There are a lot of fans upset at how things are right now and the more an us and them situation emerges the deeper the divide will go..I do appreciate that is not your intention and it is difficult to be measured when something you deeply believe in is apparently being attacked but you have taken on the mantle of TMG spokesperson and recruiter on here and need to allow other views to be expressed by others equally worried but not on the same course as you

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:46 AM

When I was a kid “Confucius he say” was all the rage

Confucius he say
    Man who lie under cow get pat on back.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:46 AM

Is everything it ….. isn’t it

• carltoon

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM

I just seen George Caulkin leaving Times.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM

Another wasted hour and feel no better for it. I really do have to stop catching up on Blog it’s bad for me 🙁

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:49 AM

Carltoon

Does it say where hes going?

• Ron Knee

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:52 AM

He’s joining The Athletic, I think. Chris Waugh too.

• Zero

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:52 AM

I was catching up on the blog and it amazed me most posts arnt even about football anymore… its just the same crap spouted out over and over again.

Yes we know the club lies to the fans.
    Yes we know a takeover is unlikely.
    Yes we know people hate MA, SD and all things associated.
    Yes we know people use online personas that dont reflect who they are in real lide or where they are based… omg shock and horror.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:52 AM

There’s only one person worthy of hailing 😉

The Norwich game will be interesting. Still early days but if we lose and play poorly then the screw will already be turning on Bruce.

It’s funny about this whole, Bruce was always on the clubs thoughts. Mike Ashley said there were 3 candidates I think, now this from Charnley. Allardyce, said his agent was approached, obviously Bruce but I can’t help think that Moyes will have been or could have been the other. If that was the case, then he’s turned it down which would say a lot as he took the Sunderland job a couple years ago.

Hypothetical of course but just throwing it out there.

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:53 AM

No jib that was a joke i made bud. It was more to do with charnley being incapable of doing a valid job at nufc.
    Again my own opinion, these are all just my own ramblings.
    Magscar posada is making claims about TMG without any info on us. It is a clear smear campaign other posters have even mentioned it.

• BenbulbenMag

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:54 AM

Posada from the last thread :

*******************************
    BenbulbenMag

Clearly you are one of TMG.
    Someone has a go and you kick back. Fine.

It’s simple. I don’t like them. I know them well enough to make that judgement.
    I don’t like their attitude, I don’t like their rhetoric. I don’t like their set up.
    I don’t like boycotts.
    I don’t like what it does to fellow supporters.
    ***********************************

Posada, as it happens I’m not a member of TMG. However I will keep an open mind on their mission, vision and values. From what I can see they want Ashley out and to me that means I will listen to what they have to say.

That is the only point I’m looking to make. I don’t know enough about them so will not smear them.

You seem to know very little about them and continue to try to smear them. That is not good for honest open debate.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM

The popular view is GC is joining the Athletic
    as NE correspondent.
    With George and Raf’s blog it could become a must read
    for Toon fans

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:56 AM

Hail ronaldo, hail ronaldo.
    Are you hypnotising me you even made me stump up 400 quid to a blog consortium?
    Hail ron…

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 9:59 AM

Zero: I answered you about where I live on the previous thread.

• Plodding Pudding Bruce

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:01 AM

Zero @11
    Did they offer big Sam the job?
    From what i read his agent asked him if he wanted the job.
    2+2=5

• Australian Pie

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:01 AM

We need to beat Norwich and I think we will, there defense will be their let down, Hanley wont be able to stay anywhere near our front lads

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:02 AM

What £400 😉

• The overrated Frenchman

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Rafa’s blog will be a must read for me if I’m feeling slightly nauseous and I feel that actually vomiting will be beneficial.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Unrelated but just seen bbc article on G Neville. Apparently he doesn’t anything to do with being on the training pitch now, coaching and managing players.

Lol, I guess it’s easier to rip other managers apart on pundit shows!!

• Mindshaft

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Why is charnley suddenly coming out with stupid statements defending decisions already made – he’s just looking more idiotic by the day – reminds me of that chav girl in little Britain ..no but yeah but no

• Genjikai

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:05 AM

What 400 pound….. hail ronaldo.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 10:09 AM

KBA must be the worst PR person since Absolutely Fabulous. He advises his clients to stay silent when they should speak and to speak when they should stay silent.