web analytics

Possible Target Date For Returning Star Revealed – Is It Too Soon?

Andy Carroll has had a terrible two years with a reoccurring ankle problem. In the 2017/18 season, he managed only 18 appearances with West Ham as he missed three months with the initial injury. Of those 18 appearances, only 8 were starts.

This past season was even worse for the striker, as he went through two ankle surgeries limiting him to only 14 appearances. He missed the start of the season with the first surgery and didn’t get onto the pitch until early December. He was then shut down in late February before undergoing his latest ankle surgery this past April.

During his initial interview upon rejoining the club, he said that he was taking everything very slowly and following the surgeon’s instructions with precision. He also stated that he had started to run and was taking part in some finishing sessions. When asked when he would return, he did not give an answer as he was just taking extra care to get fully fit.

Andy Carroll– return date against former club?

According to the Times, a possible target date for Carroll’s return is Newcastle’s fixture against Liverpool at Anfield in about a month’s time.

This fixture would be Newcastle’s fifth in the League and would come after a two-week international break to start September. This match is scheduled as the early kick-off on Saturday, September 14th.

This target date does make a lot of sense as it comes after an international break and will give Steve Bruce and his staff ample time to assess Andy’s fitness for a return. We would imagine that he would only return to the matchday squad initially and that Bruce wouldn’t risk Carroll from the start. He will most likely need to get a few substitute appearances under his belt to start with.

Of course with Andy, fitness is always a concern and that date is still a month away. He will have to work his way back into training with the first team and all of the rigors that will entail. We will be anxious when Andy finally makes his return to the pitch for Newcastle United.

We hope that the club has a comprehensive plan for Carroll to ensure that when he does return he can remain fit. We are not sure when that will be but September 14th at Anfield does sound like a sensible target date.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:04 PM

Tony

I know I get to you and your ego..anyone who stings an Ashley PR man on these pages like I do to you will always attack ..therefore revealing your raison d’ etre for being here

Your here because you prostitute yourself for Ashley.

• Bills Son Is Back

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:05 PM

OP & Jail,

The lengths you two will go to spout crap about me is laughable.

This is what I’ve posted since Rafa went and Bruce arrived.

1. Some of the football under Rafa was awful – undeniable.

2, Whilst I didn’t like the football I had total confidence in Rafa keeping us up.

3. I wish Rafa was still here.

4. Bruce being a good man manager doesn’t make him a good results manager.

5. Bruce won’t survive on good management and attacking football, he needs points and results.

6. I’d rather see us play crap football, stay in the Prem and win a trophy than see exciting football and win nowt.

So there you have it.

No double tracking, no rewriting history, no about turns.

The only double tracking, rewriting history, about turning blowhards are OP and Jail.

The pair of you aren’t trying to engage in any type of genuine debate…

You are just, and pathetically so, trying to point score for the sake of it.

Sad, sad, blowhards.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:06 PM

I wouldn’t have Willems in the squad until he was up to speed fitness wise, he needs to lay off the pizza’s and shed a few pounds. Got no doubt bout his skill and ability but the team can’t afford to carry anyone.

• Lee Charnley Bunga Party

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM

To me Shelvey looked absolutely knackered before he came off ? Whether that was due to that daft lunging tackle that he made in the first half but hes never really struck me as a 90 minute player always burns himself out!!

Really fearful about this Norwich game the pressure will be immense on us if we don’t get anything out of it they created lots of chances at Liverpool before the scousers took them apart Pukki looks a handful which is quite a turnaround as I remember him at Celtic and he was TERRIBLE!!

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Bills son

C’mon Billy.

• Zele

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:10 PM

Hibbit,

Who knows.

I saw enough of Maximin on Sunday to know that he will be a right handful for opposing defenders. Big, strong, pacey with a thunderous shot.

I was wondering whether Benetez tactics of having Rondon holding the ball up which he did really well would not be so successful with Joelinton. Perhaps better to get the ball to either Maximin or Almiron and let them run at the defenders.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:12 PM

Anybody who disagrees with the Confederacy of Dunces on here is an Ashley shill. Online Guy. Can I be first, second and third on your list of shills? I would take that as a compliment as I have no respect at all for you and doing the opposite to you makes the most sense.

Tony 1, GS 2, Eric 3.

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:14 PM

Bills son

I think you might be suffering from Stockholm syndrome

Need to talk ?

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:16 PM

Tony

No you can’t join the list as a credible shill as I see you as a non-entity.

Persona non grata .

• Online Guy

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:17 PM

I’m away bass fishing .

I’m at the Mull.

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Ahh Tony

Hiya

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM

• Zele

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Tony Baloney

What impressed me about Norwich against Liverpool was their willingness to attack with pace and quick passing. Their Finnish centre forward looked really good.

It’s no disgrace to lose against Liverpool. Perhaps Norwich were a bit naive and a bit too gung ho on their first outing in the big league.

At home especially their first game they are going to be up for it and wouldn’t surprise me if they come roaring out from the start. A difficult game for us although Brucie should know about them from his time in the championship.

when Liverpool were 4 nil up at half time and then taking their foot off the gas and probably still being unlucky not to get a couple more?

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:20 PM

Acting like an alt of JIB

Hahahahaha

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Bills

Debate

Hahahahaha

• Mister Tuff

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:21 PM

Still that lack of “connect” between the midfield and the forwards – identical to last season.
    We are not or are unable to play to utilise the best qualities of our “attack”. Was hoping that Shelvey would solve the problem with some decent through balls or balls over the top.

Do not get the love in with Ritchie. Yes he works hard, will chase down, will not give up – but really does not produce much – one decent cross on Sunday.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:25 PM

yes Zele!!

Liverpool were definitely 4-0 up at half time and definitely unlucky not to get at least a couple more. Taking their foot off the gas is subjective. I think they did, you may think otherwise.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:25 PM

What is more alarming is not whether Charnley claims that Bruce wasn’t 11th choice, but insisting he was in his top 3 list. Who the hell would have Bruce in the top 500!!

Arsenal have Edu as technical director, ie a footballing person, as do several other professionally run clubs. What Charnley and Ash know about football rivals a certain person’s google capabilities.

Bills son

You really have tickets on you don’t you son. I think you are confusing the vast majority of us with someone who gives a rat’s what you say or think. You’re the dullest boor anyone could have the misfortune of ever encountering.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:28 PM

Mister Tuff: I think Ritchie had our most assists last year. 7 or 8 if I remember right.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:28 PM

REPOST no apologies as it took time to get that of my chest even in one free flowing typing session

OLG

My basic premise is that matchgoers who want to go should do so without being treated as morons.gullible, sheep, only reason Ashley is still here and so on.

More go than have stayed away but neither are wrong.

There are not and should not be viewed as the expendable shock troops in this battle which at it’s heart is about SD – after all I reckon Ashley has and will be at SD longer than at NUFC or at the least leave both at same time

There is no conscription – it is a volunteer force only – they are not scabs as some emotively claim not understanding just what that term actually means in hard pressed industrial areas in disputes – if they did they surely wouldn’t shame themselves by using it so inappropriately.

Take the fight to SD they are the enemy not fellow fans – ah but it’s hard to do you say, couldn’t get a bus load to picket Shirebrook and picketing stores doesn’t have the required effect so we want the fans to dance to our tune.

Tough – they are not the sheep they are portrayed to be by some on here- in fact they act individually, exercising their free will in the knowledge afer 12 years that Ashley is bad for the club and most will see him as a liar,a bully, not to be trusted, a poor owner etc

………but they remain as per SBR ‘s famous quote repeated on ED’s Blog THE CLUB – they are just as true fans as those who have had enough.

I gave up of my own free will as did most on here who have done so and not as part of a general mass coordinated reaction so why do those who have expect others to follow them

I have posted often that fans will give up when they reach the stage where enough is enough and for some that will be when they physically can’t go anymore. That is as it should be – if they want to boycott televised games fine its their decision just as it is if they want to go.

For those having made a sacrifice fine it was your personal choice made freely and without any expectation that others would or should follow suit ( at least hopefully it was or if they thought differently then perhaps they are the gullible ones)

IT is still OUR CLUB – yes it isn’t what i want it to be but like most of my generation we have been through difficult times before and come through and I believe that he is transient and will go at some stage regrettably when someone makes it worthwhile and not before ( possibly before I depart)

I remain unconvinced that our actions in and around ground can have the required affect in hurrying him along but would love to be proved wrong and willingly applaud those who are active and trying to do their bit but conversely will not call those that won’t or can’t. It’s a democracy

Either affect SD or his other companies so that HE needs cash to shore them up or buy more as trying to make it unpleasant for him at ground or as shown on TV isn’t sufficient. Yes he will counter it – he is a business man and wants bums on seats but he won’t cut and run taking a lower price for club than he feels he is due.

He is a very difficult man to understand like most ruthless business men and I fear an opposite effect than what we all want could be a result of protracted action.

OK that is my opinion but what I honestly and freely believe and a reason why I wouldn’t attend a TMG meeting even if nearer as I know I am out of step with the most strident on here and I suspect therefore amongst activists and no longer have the inclinition i had in my youth to get into debates and argue my points

My time has been and gone and whilst respecting the rights and motives of those having a go I don’t see a good result for us after he does go as it currently seems – perhaps TMG have something up their sleeves but I can’t see any sudden change as yet.

Now you can say well if you can’t be positive then shut up!! – well yes I have tried that for the last few months and have got fed up with the digs at other genuine fans who choose to go or don’t agree with boycotts or go on marches so I am having my say because I am increasingly confused and despondent about where I personally go

Today has been a watershed after deliberationand I have finally arrived at a decision

– Rafa has gone and I am still gutted,
    – Ashley at best has no more interest than keeping us mid table
    – We have no new owners
    – have a poor relacement manager
    – have players I haven’t been able to invest any joy in as yet
    – there is nothing on here that eases the pain and confusion of trying to still be an NUFC supporter despite my experience of other rubbish times

so to hell with it – get on with the politics without me- I am going to revert to what has kept me sane for all the years I have been a supporter – stop fretting about what has been and I can’t fix, ignore the repeated negativity and accept it for what it is and support the team that chose me and gave me pride in my City, area and people and a connection that has survived the miles and years

essentially as Gallagher and Lyle sang

“Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
    As far as possible without surrender,
    Be on good terms with all persons.
    Speak your truth quietly and clearly, and listen to others –
    Even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story.
    Avoid loud and aggressive persons – they are vexations to the spirit.
    If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain and bitter,
    For always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.”

Gee I feel better and am going to get on with being an NUFC fan again!!!!

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:29 PM

Tony

I’m sure I read a while ago you promised to leave the blog. Were you encouraged to return for any reason? Asking for a friend.

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Magscar

Short and snappy, I like it.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:30 PM

Rotonda: whatever you might think of Jib, his google skills are excellent. I would put him in the top 1 as Brian Clough might say.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM

I think when Baloney mention Jibs name jibs anus must contract thinking I just wish he would F@@k off and die.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Rotonda: I decided I didn’t want to be scared off by the bullies on here.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:32 PM

Another intelligent post by Anglo Saxon.

• hibbit

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:33 PM

magscar
    are you returning st james on a regular bases in body or in mind only ????

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:34 PM

Its like when you stand in some dogs sh*t and get into the car you no that smell is going to linger forever.

• Anglo Saxon

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:37 PM

common Baloney time to get that washer going you stinker.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:40 PM

hibbit

Haven’t been back physically since end of 2017/18 season even though in area including Sunday nor did I watch match on TV at pub or even highlights as my little effort at the protest.

In mind not since Rafa left I suppose but from today I am again a supporter as I am seriously unhappy at how I have been feeling and know no other way

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:43 PM

Magscar

Ain’t reading that wall of text

It’s never Jabbas fault

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:44 PM

Tony

You plan on staying awake till 4am ?

It’s hard pretending to be in America

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:45 PM

Also Rotondo, there should be alternative voices. I don’t agree with everything Munster and Billson say but it is better than a lot of the others on here who lay back and have their tummies tickled by Tsunki and Lesh. Or worse still, are bullied by Leonidas and Abe Simpson.

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:46 PM

It must be harder talking rubbish 24/7

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM

Rotonda

Sorry – not known for being short on here( well perhaps in stature of Blog ) but some would say I can be snappy ( not me though – more of a gentle nibbler really)

Probably won’t be on again for awhile unless responding and I having used up my allotted word count according to Ed ( who says it is his Blog) and will be getting on with supporting again 🙂

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:47 PM

JAF

Hiya JIB

Undisclosed Payments

😉

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 4:48 PM

Toon22: it is REALLY hard PRETENDING to be in America because I AM in America.

Now go and croak yourself you boring little amphibian.

1 2 3 6