web analytics

The Coaches’ Voice Takes A Look At Newcastle Vs Arsenal With Encouraging Analysis For Fans

The Coaches’ Voice has done a tactical analysis of Newcastle’s loss to Arsenal on their website. This website is dedicated to giving insights into football from a coaches point of view.

The linked article is a detailed study of Newcastle’s and Arsenal’s tactics from Sunday’s match. Most of the analysis is on what Newcastle tried to do as the writer feels that the home side were on the front foot for most of the match.

The big takeaway for us from this article is that Newcastle were a match for Arsenal. Arsenal did counter what Newcastle were doing in an attempt to edge the game but, ultimately, it was the mistake that was the difference between the two sides.

The Coaches’ Voice has also tweeted out a synopsis of the linked article. However, the article is very well done and is actually pretty encouraging if you have a chance to check it out.

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Later!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:22 PM

Oh no I was 1st, dammit!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:23 PM

And 2nd, got to stop doing that!

• Belfast

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:23 PM

*News Flash*

I would guess about 95% of people on this blog really couldn’t give a shit about where Tony Baloney is posting from. It’s becoming just as boring as the constant mention of shills and pr every five minutes. I think some people need to lay off the cannabis to be honest. The paranoia is eating this place like dry rot at the moment.

As you were!

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:24 PM

It’s getting worser, 3rd as well.

• Belfast

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:25 PM

I would actually welcome Jesper back. That’s how bad things are at the moment. 🙂

• Essex Geordie Bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:25 PM

Thank you Belfast, I was getting into a deep hole there!

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:27 PM

Most on here would like Ashley out.
    But some are a bit more balanced and don’t recourse to name calling.
    When he goes who will they pick on next.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Moonraker15
    This is against the ambition of the blog,

OH so sorry

I didn’t realise it was your blog

silly me I thought an expat family in N Carolina were the
    blog proprietors

• cyprus

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:38 PM

Last game, had we had Andy to throw on with half hour remaining, the way the game had panned out, we would NOT have drawn the game.

We would’ve won it.

• bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Just a fan,

I think you may be right, but how can anyone want the parasite owning our club. His history on every count is appalling, human rights, paying below the minimum wage, being called a liar by a judge, etc. How bad do you need to be before people don’t want him at our club? I have a balance here, and it is evident that he is not fit to own anything.

• magscar

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:40 PM

Still haven’t watched match or highlights and only gone off bits on here. This is a bit more reassuring but we will need to cut out mistakes against Norwich l

I watched them a few times last season and they were dangerous and quick on break scoring freely at times – especially against Leeds one of best sides in division.

Step up I know but especially early in season be wary of promoted sides.

Remember the Championship game here and wouldn’t like to go through that sort of match again. Mind if we win suppose could beat it again

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Belfast
    Things are never so bad that the flaky
    Danish pastry would be welcome

• bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:41 PM

Essex, send me your address and I’ll send you a shovel. 🙂

• Rotonda heights

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:42 PM

When st max put that cross over where was Joelinton?

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:44 PM

Mister Birdsong probably supports ManYoo with
    their Scandinavian manager now

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Bill you just proved me right by using the word parasite.
    Nothing personal maybe it’s just me but it’s unnecessary

• Ron Knee

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:45 PM

Get Involved – Favourite rivalry moment
    #bbcfootball

Matt: Rafa’s ice-coolness just sitting down and relaxing during the penalty shoot out. Absolutely iconic.

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:47 PM

Bill miss out the word parasite and your augument is just as strong.

• bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:48 PM

Magscar,

You are right to be wary. I thought we where dreadful at the weekend, especially against what I thought was a poor Arsenal side. We would have won that game at the end of last season. First half, we were in it but never looked threatening inside the box. If we had scored instead of hitting the post we could have won. Second half, we were very poor, no penetration, tactics all over the place. Embarrassing in the end. That’s my take on it.

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM

Re Norwich
    They have just come up
    Spent little
    Got thrashed
    We must have a chance

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM

#never been to Dinnington
    #driven through Dinnington on the way to the airport

• bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:51 PM

I won’t call him anything else because that is what he is. He has no name other than parasite.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:51 PM

It really could have been Liverpool 7 Norwich 2.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:56 PM

They are showing Liverpool against Chelsea here now. Presented by Bleacher Report. Bleachers are the cheap uncovered bench seats at a baseball game where on a hot summer’s day you will be bleached by the sun. Like at Wrigley Field in Chicago where they only had day games until 1982. But, I wouldn’t know that since I live in a Dinnington bedsit.

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:57 PM

I used to baby sit for Tony Green in Dinnington
    Church Close
    The best player I’ve ever seen in the flesh

• lochinvar

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Looking at the schematics of the match from the Coaches Voice I’m puzzled to know if that’s how Brucie planned it with his Subbuteo men in the dressing room just before kick off.

• bill

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:00 PM

Played football against Dinnington Village many years ago.

Not sure why Dinnington came up. Missed something again.

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:07 PM

Tony greens star shine bright very bright but briefly.
    Beardsley shone longer.
    But I get what you mean.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:08 PM

Bill: because some people on here think I live in Dinnington and will not believe I live in Chicago. I have no idea why and why would I lie?

• Just a fan

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:10 PM

Jib
    I used to deliver Eric burdons mother’s papers or so I was led to believe
    And Jackie Millburn’s meat
    Not at the same time mind you

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:11 PM

But back to football…

I have no idea what the handball rule is anymore. When can VAR review it. What is an “unnatural” position for your arm? Can there be a penalty if it is an unintentional handball? The answer is yes, but WHY?

• Jib

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:13 PM

This Euro supercup is a canny game , both sides trying

• Tony Baloney

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Just a Fan: I saw Eric Burden interviewed in a pub in Newcastle a few years ago. It was hilarious. He was talking about his Mam telling him off for singing with a Yank accent saying Taak proper, man.

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:14 PM

Tony

Started posting on this blog 12 hours ago,about 3am UK

How long do you think itll be before you pretend to go to bed ?

Should i just ask JIB

Naahh
    Just ask Genji
    LOLOLLOLLOOLLLOOOLLLOOOLLOOOL

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:19 PM

Grant Thornton quits as Sports Direct auditor

“Our early discussions with the Big 4 have thrown up some barriers,” the report said.

According to the report, Deloitte is conflicted by work it already does for Sports Direct, KPMG said its existing portfolio of clients rules it out for conflict reasons, EY said it was reluctant due to its role on the House of Fraser administration and PwC said it was reluctant to engage because of recent fines it had received and reluctance about the company’s ownership structure.

Sports Direct said in its report: “We do not believe a firm outside of the Big 4 will potentially be able to cope with such an audit in the future.”

A spokesperson for Grant Thornton said: “I can confirm that following a review of our client portfolio, we have notified Sports Direct International PLC of our intention to cease in our role as statutory auditors from 11 September 2019.”

• toon22

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:21 PM

JIB

Maybe i should ask Munster or Bills ?

How many of your alts agree with you

Youve been collard so many times with alts its not even a debate

Wheres KPMG you claimed were going to audit SD ?