web analytics

Familiar Face Awaits Newcastle At Norwich City

We will see a familiar face on Saturday against Norwich at Carrow Road where Tim Krul is set to make his first appearance against Newcastle United.

Krul enjoyed a long spell as our first-choice goalkeeper since breaking into the first team in our 2011/12 season. He had joined six years prior as a 17-year-old from the Ado Den Haag youth system in 2005.

His first-team spell at Newcastle came to a sudden end when he damaged his cruciate knee ligament while on international duty for the Netherlands in October of 2015. His last appearance for the club would prove to be a 6-1 thrashing at the hands of Manchester City.

Tim Krul– Wor Tim is now a Canary

Tim Krul would never be able to get into the plans of Rafa Benitez and ended up going out on three loan moves before joining Brighton on a free in 2017. While at Brighton, Tim served as mainly as back-up and was on the bench for their two fixtures against Newcastle that season.

He joined Norwich City on a free last summer and made 46 appearances for them in their promotion campaign. This season he has returned as their number one keeper.

We are excited to see Krul again in the Premier League this season. It is hard to believe that he is still just 31 years old. He made 185 appearances for Newcastle and put in some tremendous performances.

We may also see former central defender Grant Hanley on Saturday. Grant spent just one year at Newcastle while we were in the Championship. The Scottish international made just 17 appearances for Newcastle before moving to Norwich in 2017.

Both Tim and Grant had a rough time of it against Liverpool in their opening match losing 4-1 at Anfield. Though it could have been a lot worse. We can’t say we wish them too much of a better time on Saturday, though it will be nice to see them.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Krul had a good game, if you can call letting in 4 goals good. Would have been 7 or 8 without him.

• #BoycottAshley ( OP)

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:48 AM

Tony

Being called a bairn by you is like being called rough by a badger

• DaveD1000

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:50 AM

Krul did well Hanley had a shocker

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:51 AM

And if trolling is not letting a Confederacy of Dunces bore and bully you then I am guilty.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:53 AM

OP: I thought the Funboy 2 were bad.

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 9:55 AM

Lads, give baloney a break – he was in the toon in April for 3 weeks visiting his mum but later mentioned he hadn’t been in Newcastle since 2015 ..
    Best thing is to ignore him

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:04 AM

Mindshaft: it was April 2015 that I was last back. I looked up the date on the photos. Have seen me mam since in Thailand because my brother lives there and I wanted to see them both.

But who really cares, unless you are trying to trip me up!!!

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Nobody really cares! I am just answering some idiots on here who keep questioning where I live.

• Jib

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Strange that the FA were supposed to publish their
    ruling on the accusations against Peter B end of July
    early August – not a peep – unless I missed them

• Rotonda heights

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:06 AM

The KBA are priceless with their relentless ”jam tomorrow” mantra. 6 years on and still no training complex or ground being remotely broken. These guys are on millions and they can’t afford a swimming pool and hydrotherapy unit ! With Carroll back you’d think that was a given. I thought people were joking about wheelie bins and paddling pools.

The reality of NUFC 2020 = third rate serial failure of a manager, crumbling infrastructure, toxic, selfish, greedy, lying classless oaf of an owner.

Tony,

About a month ago I thought you said you were leaving the blog. Why the change of mind? Did you have people asking you to come back?

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:08 AM

Job – don’t think they’ve concluded findings , bit bizarre as they charged him in march

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:10 AM

Lads, lads, let’s all stick together and shout down any opinion that is different to ours. That’s the way it should be. We are a confederacy after all. All Dunces together. Unite against the evil forces that are Mike Ashley apologists and his shills. And recruit for the boycott.

And make internet threats to me like Genjikai just did. That is probably the most pathetic thing I have seen on here.

• Viduka

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Love krul, would have been great to keep him as a number 2… Instead we have darlow and Elliott… I’m Australian, luv the toon… Shwarzer played to premier league quality well into his 30’s … Legend… Just saying. Oh and Tom Rogic one to watch. Don’t comment much and tire of the bickering on here. People have their beliefs, their passion and their own views on nufc and the current predicament. Chumpleys latest comments saying you can’t have it all erk me somewhat… Correct me if I’m wrong but I feel as though out going transfer fees since cashley arrived exceed incoming yeah? 52,000 at home games over 12 years plus advertising and TV rights… Sponsorship endorsements… Big Mike saying he doesn’t pocket the dough? Why can’t we afford some upgrades to facilities on top of youth development and first team investment?

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM

Rotondo: I changed my mind. I saw certain people trying to bully others and thought I might offer an alternative voice. I also saw ITKs who know nothing. That has been proved correct. I will certainly never believe another word that Online Guy and Dubious Mickey say. Now we have Genjikai using this blog as his own personal recruitment office.

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM

• Mindshaft

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:16 AM

Neil, surely baloney has used up his word count for the week ?

• Just a fan

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:22 AM

Jib
    Unless I missed them.
    Jib you miss nothing.

• Just a fan

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:24 AM

I could listen to Tony baloney all day.
    The voice of reason.

• ronaldo aarons

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Martoon
    Can I please change my league cup prediction to 2 please?

I think I put 4/5 originally but seeing as we are against Leicester, I’d like to change it to 2. If it’s a hassle, don’t worry about it.

• Tony Baloney

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:25 AM

Mindshaft: all you ever say is mind-less rubbish so I should just take some of your “wordcount”.

• count

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:31 AM

Tony. You keep saying people with a “different opinion” get shouted down…

It’s literally impossible to shout someone down via this medium you absolute clown.

I think what you are meaning to say is people keep making valid arguments against you and you struggle to cope with that.

• Just a fan

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:32 AM

Mr tuff
    Re mi speling
    Kan u undustand ths
    Gud luk on yor holadaze

• count

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:33 AM

If all you are aiming for is to be a contrarian, then you input is valueless and backed by nothing.

• nut meg

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:35 AM

Just a fan.. You mentioned yesterday about delivering meat to Jackie Milburn but couldn’t remember where he lived.. It was on Benton Park rd and across the other side of the road lived George Eastham..both club houses.

• count

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:36 AM

People are free to say what they want. If Genjikai wants to recruit people, then good for him.

You are the one who can’t handle anyone with a different agenda.

• hibbit

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:37 AM

disrupt and destroy, tonys agenda !!!!

• count

Aug 15, 2019 at 10:38 AM

If I want to say people who ignored ‘boycott arsenal’ are short sighted, selfish idiots. I will.